Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
They do, they just haven't done gently caress all in a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The Night Mind guy is somewhat up his own rear end, he's a huge fan of Marble Hornets and went on about how great their current project is. I watched some of it and it was pretty "eh".

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Professor of Cats posted:

Wow there is a lot going on in this video. Also, pretty spooky.

I have to say I was not expecting that, probably one of the best horror shorts I've seen in a while.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I don't think it's CG, there's some clever cuts where it loops and they turned the contrast up a bit. It looks like handycam footage to me.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
He's definitely a genius with the lighting, man that's some smooth poo poo.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Oh man I didn't watch the credits all the way to the end.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Makes sense, Florida is a festering shithole.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Lake Mungo is really good, agreed.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Those are by Chris Straub, inventor of Ichor Falls and Candle Cove.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I knew about the bear scene going into the movie, but goddamn I was not prepared for how brutal it actually was. They really didnt pull any punches with the horror scenes, which I think was a really good choice to drive home how hostile the shimmer really was.
It reminded me a lot of the J G Ballard story "The Crystal World", almost to the point that I wonder if the author is a fan

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
/\It was three midgets in a trash bag obviously./\
Oh man I never thought about it being like Stalker but that makes a lot of sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Somone forgot about the nightmare gator.