Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Yeah, I don't see how a happy little reptile wiggling it's way into the sand is anything other than adorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Horse meat is good, foal meat is fantastic.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Guy has the murdereyes.

Reminds me of this guy:

Im sure I don't need to say which government he worked for.

The real Kramer looks a lot less wacky than the tv character we all know and love.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I read a book when I was like 12 about two siblings that befriend the creepy old man next door that all the other kids think is a evil wizard because he lives in solitude and there are what looks like graves in his garden. Turns out he has a tragic backstory where he used to be a happy family man but his wife and kids died in a car accident and he has been lonely ever since. Except it turns out that the other kids were basically right when he kidnaps the younger kid and buries him alive. The book ends with the police digging up his unmarked grave to rescue him only to find a lifeless corpse. The end.

It's from a series of horror books for kids. Since the name of the series is literally "goosebumps" I thought it was a translation of a Goosebumps book and that Goosebumps books were just really brutal. Years later I found out that it's totally a unrelated series and Goosebumps were actually translated under the name "Shivers"because the other name was already taken.

FreudianSlippers has a new favorite as of 23:03 on Feb 4, 2016

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Somfin posted:

I just want him to get his At The Mountains of Madness movie made. If this is what he does in the meantime, so be it.

I think he said it was pointless since Prometheus was made and it was basically At the Mountains of Madness IN SPACE!

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

7c Nickel posted:

I like the fact that the Wendigo is basically a couple of life lessons rolled together with a horror story.

Don't be a greedy rear end in a top hat.
Don't eat other people.
If you're caught in a snowstorm don't let fear control you.
Running around when you're snow blind will get you killed.
Just hunker down and wait it out.

and also:
If there is a hard winter/famine don't eat the bodies of those who already starved to death. Instead kill yourself.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9I2hSQRTMQ

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

How does that work?

Tiger sees your real face, kills you.
Tiger sees your fake face, still kills you.

Tigers have learned the hard way that humans are scary but know that if a human isn't looking at you than you can kill them easily.

Tigers are just very big cats and like cats they are simultaneously very smart and very dumb.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Those man are warrior poets that have realized that self-destruction is the only true path to enlightenment. They will reach heaven by violence and make their own body a blood sacrifice to God.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Some actors make a living being weirdly proportioned.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Ghosts are scared of everything. That's why they're always moaning.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

or maybe they're cranking their hogs

:iiam:

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Are caves even outdoors?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Phobia is my favourite F.R.I.E.N.D.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Dogs will eat their own poo poo, vomit it up and then try to eat the vomit.

Bugs are a step up.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

trickybiscuits posted:

Responding late but . . . nithing poles! I found about these a few years ago when I was writing a paper on runic writing and magic for a class. They're mentioned in a couple of sagas as well. The name translate roughly as "scorn-pole" and they would be carved with curses and insults directed at someone who had behaved unacceptably- like trying to poison a guest or refusing to come to a duel. Apparently some people do it from time to time in Iceland. Wikipedia informs me that "Improvised nithing poles with dried cod heads were used during the April 4, 2016 demonstration against Sigmundur Davið Gunnlaugsson." That happened after I wrote the paper though.

eta: I did a class presentation on the paper topic. Did not use any photos of nithing poles. They are upsetting.

I've seen a couple in person during protests. Considered putting one up on a few occasions but I've had trouble sourcing horse heads.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!