Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Oh poo poo it's the u mad, everyone has been owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I like how the priest is like "Miss, please, I am a man of the cloth."

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

mostlygray posted:

The Thing that walked across the field in a tuxedo terrified me until I was in my twenties. I couldn't close my eyes without seeing the drawing. Sure, the stories are lame, but the illustrations still make my blood run cold. I don't want anyone coming for my toes either and heads falling down the chimney aren't cool.

The new illustrations are an abomination. Fortunately, I have the 3 volume collection with the original illustrations so my daughters can have proper nightmares when they are ready.

I was terrified for a good month after reading one of those books that my mom would leave my dad and I if I misbehaved and would leave a new mom with glass eyes and a wooden tail.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Choco1980 posted:

We're talking about scary stories we read as kids now? Sounds good to me.

When I was a kid I got this book from the school library that was an anthology of horror stories by Jane Yolen. One that stuck with me was about a teen babysitter, where the two kids she babysits have a weird ritual where they have to do this little turn around dance, touching the doorknobs along their hallway before going to bed each night. She humors them and is their sitter enough that the ritual becomes muscle memory for her. One night a dude in a gorilla mask breaks into the house, and it's fairly clear he intends on doing terrible things to her, likely sexual. As she's running from him, she automatically does the doorknob touches without thinking, but of course he doesn't. And then the house rather graphically eats the man right in front of her, blob-style.

Oh gently caress I remember this story. That was a good one too.

Though I don't remember the last part. In my memories he's just chasing her and then suddenly the sound of his footsteps stops, and she looks behind her and there's nobody there.

e: I wanna say she finds the gorilla mask dropped on the floor or something?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

A year or two back I had sleep paralysis so often that I went from being scared to being annoyed. I never hallucinated the woman/demon/whatever holding me down/standing over me that many people apparently do, though.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Minarch posted:

Yes, but how does she smell?

Awful :cool:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

This bunch of Junji Ito-inspired cosplays popped in my FB feed and they're freaking me out

Well I hope you're happy because now they're freaking me out too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Roro posted:

Looks plenty wet to me.

I've had a lot of eldritch abominations and I can tell that one is way overcooked, probably tastes like sawdust