Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

Something about the way 1st World War battlefields healed over just looks wrong to me.

The battle of Verdun. I listen to a podcast called Hardcore History. They just recently did a six part series on WWI and in one of the episodes the host talked extensively on that battle and the unique horrors of it. It's episode four of the Blueprint for Armageddon series. Listening to the personal accounts and descriptions was horrifying. Makes those pictures all the more eerie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

Skippy McPants posted:

Dan Carlin is awesome, and the Blueprint for Armageddon series was great. The bit on the mud of Passchendaele was what got me most. The idea that a guy would get irretrievably stuck in the muck while you marched out to the line, and then to come back days later and find him sunk up to his neck and begging passers-by to shoot him.

Ugh.

Oh yeah that was remarkably horrible. But the part that got me was when he was talking about the wells in Verdun (I think it was Verdun) and they would send the mustard gas and people would scramble to find their gas masks and were trapped in the wells and couldn't get out of them. ANd all the time the gas is just slowly creeping closer to them, this visible wall of gas inching closer and closer.

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

Perhaps a hamster posted:

The gently caress is that from?

The remake of the Amityville Horror with Ryan Reynolds.

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

Rolo posted:

Because I have it real bad, I am going to recommend and reiterate never GIS'ing 'trypophobia'.

Right there with you. This is really weird, but that image makes my teeth hurt and feel "soft".

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

I'd really appreciate it if you didn't post my selfies here.

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

They're the most common flower found at apeiaries.

:golfclap:

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

rumble in the bunghole posted:

WE HAVE SUCH SIGHTS TO SHOW YOU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

Fool me three times, I think it's time to consider I have a shame fetish.