Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

VLADIMIR GLUTEN posted:

die antwoord is ok
no, actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
a fun polymer fact is that nylon is named after the cities that the two labs that perfected it were in - New York and London

it's weird to think about but girls could be wearing Lonorks and high heels if it wasn't for this accident of history

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

rotor posted:

a fun polymer fact is that nylon is named after the cities that the two labs that perfected it were in - New York and London

thats not true rotor

e: Etymology[edit]
In 1940, John W. Eckelberry of DuPont stated that the letters "nyl" were arbitrary and the "on" was copied from the suffixes of other fibers such as cotton and rayon. A later publication by DuPont (Context, vol. 7, no. 2, 1978) explained that the name was originally intended to be "No-Run" ("run" meaning "unravel"), but was modified to avoid making such an unjustified claim. Since the products was not really run-proof, the vowels were swapped to produce "nuron", which was changed to "nilon" "to make it sound less like a nerve tonic". For clarity in pronunciation, the "i" was changed to "y".[15]

Alternative but apocryphal explanations for the naming are:

- it is a combination of the names of the two cities New York and London, NY-Lon;

- it is an acronym from WWII, a challenging slogan by the allies to their enemy at that time: Now You Lazy Old Nippon, Nippon being an alternative name for Japan, which is the country known for the traditional culture of making silk from silkworms.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

I wonder what else my father lied to me about :(

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
you mean like Mac and PC at the same time?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

more like a KVM switch I think

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

Not now chief, I'm in the fuckin' zone.
this thread is sorta gross

but echidnapenis' editorializing was v cringeworthy voting 5

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

echis posting is always cringeworthy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
its.. on purpose

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

Not now chief, I'm in the fuckin' zone.
i'm not sure if that makes it better or worse but please don't ever change

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

echinopsis posted:

its.. on purpose

should have said that before i called CPS on you

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
its actually really easy where you live bc i just said "that guy that posts on a computer joke forum and works in a pharmac-" and they cut me off and went "ugh that guy"

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
i once dated a poly girl and made her break up with all her other boyfriends and girlfriends and then i dumped her

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Kirk posted:

i once dated a poly girl and made her break up with all her other boyfriends and girlfriends and then i dumped her
lol :owned:

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
my advice to programmers: (real) engineers get better sex. try going back to school and learning something useful

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
i know one poly girl that has a successful music career and doesnt seem insane at all it's bewildering

all other poly couple that i know are just an ugly guy + pretty girl or ugly girl + hot guy that basically has no choice to allow the other to gently caress whoever they want if they dont want to get dumped

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!
:yaycloud::smithcloud:
Sometimes it sounds good in theory, but there's the reality.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE posted:

Sometimes it sounds good in theory, but there's the reality.

there goes my one good looking person theory

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!
:yaycloud::smithcloud:

newreply.php posted:

there goes my one good looking person theory

good looking people who want to hump lots of people can play the field and get lots of sex, ugly people need to try to lock it in thus polyamoury.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

please don't post ur evolutionary psychology theories here

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE posted:

good looking people who want to hump lots of people can play the field and get lots of sex, ugly people need to try to lock it in thus polyamoury.

yeah but they can keep one uggo to cook them dinner and pay the heating bills

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

i think sex is pretty rad

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

newreply.php posted:

yeah but they can keep one uggo to cook them dinner and pay the heating bills

p sure this is called the service economy

being attractive means having money for things like this, duh

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Sweevo posted:

alan moore was in a polyamorous relationship, and alan moore declared himself to be a wizard and started worshipping a glove puppet

alan moore is a real life wizard.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

power botton posted:

i think sex is pretty rad

i thought that too, adn then i had it. and now id just rather jerk off and go to bed

is this the life of a married man

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Silver Alicorn posted:

alan moore is a real life wizard.
my new excuse for never reading any of his poo poo

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008
mods please namechange thread to the polyamorosaurus rex megathread and ban anyone who doesnt post a picture of a dinosaur

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

FamDav posted:

mods please namechange thread to the polyamorosaurus rex megathread and ban anyone who doesnt post a picture of a dinosaur

seconded

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/2amDg.gif :nws:

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
:golgo:

newreply.php posted:

all poly couple that i know are just an ugly guy + pretty girl or ugly girl + hot guy that basically has no choice to allow the other to gently caress whoever they want if they dont want to get dumped

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
look who didnt post a dinosaur picture... enjoy your ban, btich

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

poly relationships seem like they'd be financially baller for child care situations

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
postign from the gas cham- oh, good work team on making something out of this Sir AIDS thread :peanut:

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

bobbilljim posted:

postign from the gas cham- oh, good work team on making something out of this Sir AIDS thread :peanut:

it's like that story of the inuit kid escaping a residential school and taking a poo poo and sculpting it into a knife before it froze and skinning a dog with it

Bad Sneakers
Sep 4, 2004

me irl

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

VLADIMIR GLUTEN posted:

it's like that story of the inuit kid escaping a residential school and taking a poo poo and sculpting it into a knife before it froze and skinning a dog with it

i thought they smelled bad on the outside

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
jb qwik + rolled up newspaper = shanks made while u wait

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

VLADIMIR GLUTEN posted:

:yikes:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
lotta disturbingly saurless posts itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

echinopsis posted:

its.. on purpose

:smugmrgw: