Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

Hot -1 | Cold 1 | Volatile -1 | Dark 2
Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: Delusional, Heartless, Morbid

"C-Coppelia? No, I haven't seen her since this morning. What happened?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Hot 0 | Cold 2 | Volatile 1 | Dark -1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions:

"Yeah, what were you trying to get her away from? Just you? I don't think you hurt anybody but Alex. Sophie, you've got my phone, right? Let's call her."

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord

Hot 1 | Cold -1 | Volatile 1 | Dark 0
Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: Blamed, Drained

Everything happened so fast, I don't even know what was going on. "Sean was doing something to her, I think. There's no other reason she would have been following him like that, without even saying anything. Can you call Adrianna? I don't think I have her number."

God, what if she saw what happened?

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

Hot -1 | Cold 1 | Volatile -1 | Dark 2
Harm 0/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: Delusional, Heartless, Morbid

"Y-yeah, I do." she says, fishing through her pockets and pulling out Ruby's phone.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution

Hot -1 | Cold 2 | Volatile -1 | Dark 1
Harm 1/4 | Experience 0/5 | Conditions: Blamed, Terrified

Come on, text me back. Any time now - I'm hiding in the damned bushes with a mysteriously frozen girl, and...

Ruby? Carmine mentioned something about her yesterday.

"Um, hello? Dear, you've caught me at kind of a bad time here..."

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Attic

A body lays on something that is not a medical table, not even a laboratory table, but more of a workman's table. It's the sort of thing that you might see in a machinist's shop. Large halogen lights hang from the ceiling, illuminating the body in a way so as to produce no shadows. On the wall are a set of perfectly-organized tools: files, spacers, calipers, magnifying glasses. They are exactly the implements that you'd need to work on a clock a hundred times too big.

For example, Coppelia.

There is someone else in the room. For the moment, all we can see are his perfect white gloves. He stands over the girl, illuminating a pasty, youthful face. His hair is tied back in a net and he wears magnifying spectacles. One glove runs gently down Coppelia's cheek, across her neck, and over her chest. The caress ends with a flourish of the hand. One white glove retrieves a screwdriver; the other picks up a stainless steel probe. The skin is pulled up piece by piece. A tin full of screws accumulates on the tray until the boy is able to - oh very so gently - remove Coppelia's left breast plate. The process is repeated: left breast plate, right hip cover, front-right neck quarter. With the confidence that he's unraveled the first secret of the master who built this wonderful machine, the boy unscrews and removes Coppelia's brain casing.

Inside are the finest possible gearings. They make up all that is Coppelia; for the moment, however, they have stopped entirely. This is likely for her benefit. Piece by piece, the boy disassembles her mind. Each component is laid on a white cloth. The boy often stops to take notes and draw sketches in a thick, blank tome. He clearly intends to reassemble this remarkable machine.

It will take him days, perhaps weeks to retrieve the deep mysteries of the infinitesimal gearings and impossibly delicate balances. Taking a machine apart is easy. With enough care, a proper analysis, and a perfectly scientific mind, he will put her back together.

As he likes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

"What's she saying?" Ruby leans in, absent-mindedly dabbing at her neck. "Wait, Alex, you said Sean did something to Coppelia? He's not doing anything right now. You paid him back for that." She remembers that other people don't enjoy eviscerating bullies. "I mean, I don't think he's dead, probably. You just mopped the hallway with him. Somewhat."

"So what about Adrianna? Does she know about you? I think...I think maybe we should just bring her in on this."

• Locked thread