Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
The only good EU thing was Legacy. If only because they were so far ahead on the timeline they could actually do creative poo poo without having to shoehorn in other stupid poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

generative grammer
Jul 28, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I watched these solid family funtime movie classics and now I'm anxious to know what some minor characters do in their leisure time.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i can get behind wanting to keep some sweet blue titties

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008
I heard they made a backstory for Porkin (the fat nerd who died like a bitch in A new hope) where he was actually a badass.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Do the prequel movies count as the EU?
Because I count them and EP: V as noncanonical fanfiction. Especially Midichlorians. As far as I'm concerned, Star Wars is a duology and I'm raising my children up to believe this.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Unidentified_Amaran_bursa_dealer

During the time of the New Republic, an Amaran bursa dealer on the planet Coruscant showed a bursa, a creature native to the swamps of the planet Naboo, to a Pacithhip buyer who was interested in reselling the beast to Hutts.
Char-stub This article is a stub about a character. You can help Wookieepedia by expanding it.
SourcesEdit
The Wildlife of Star Wars: A Field Guide (First pictured)
The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I ("Amaran") (Picture only

suspicious donkey!
Jun 26, 2013
so why did that r2 unit have a bad motivator?? i need to know the epic back story

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Idk OP I thought the jedi Knight games had a p cool back story with darth traya and poo poo anyways lol if u feel that worked up over star wars or whatever gently caress I hate nerds peace out

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

suspicious donkey! posted:

so why did that r2 unit have a bad motivator?? i need to know the epic back story

The droid was actually force sensetive and just as it was heading over to Uncle Owen, it had a premonition of the important events to come and how vital it was that R2 D2 play a part in them. It used its force powers to blow its own motivator.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

The droid was actually force sensetive and just as it was heading over to Uncle Owen, it had a premonition of the important events to come and how vital it was that R2 D2 play a part in them. It used its force powers to blow its own motivator.

I use my force powers to blow myself

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Applewhite posted:

The EU is so retardedly :spergin: that I don't know what to believe.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Dely Apple posted:

Wow even the blue elephant guy had a name

The fat dude who cried on the rancor had a name

I bet every single thing in the cantina has a name and a lightsaber

every single character who is onscreen for a second in the original trilogy probably has some terrible book all about them.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Dely Apple posted:

Did they ever write a book about the big blue elephant dude at Jabba's place

He played the space music and did space blow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxgnSbs1DKs

Also, the worst thing in the EU is the book series that Kevin J. Anderson wrote where he made a ship into a Mary Sue character.

quote:

The Sun Crusher was a nearly indestructible craft that was no larger than a starfighter, but was capable of unleashing destruction on a magnitude that dwarfed even the Death Star's capabilities. Unlike the Death Star, which destroyed individual planets, the Sun Crusher could destroy an entire star system by causing its target star to turn into a supernova. The key to its near invincibility was layered Quantum-crystalline armor, a material so strong that it could perfectly repel even turbolaser shots. Han Solo once was able to ram the Sun Crusher straight through the bridge of the Imperial-class Star Destroyer Hydra without taking any damage, and during the skirmish in the Maw, it even survived a glancing blow from the Death Star Prototype's Superlaser, which likely would have destroyed any other ship it touched. The Sun Crusher took some engine damage from the blast, as this was its only weakness, but was able to continue to fight. The Sun Crusher was also equipped with a hyperdrive and was designed to slip unnoticed into a system, fire its weaponry, and then escape before its presence was detected.

It's like the poo poo you'd come up with when you were 10, talking to your friends about YOUR cool ideas for Star Wars.

"No, see, it's this ship that is, like, completely indestructible. It destroys other ships by just ramming them and flying through them. Also, it can blow up stars."

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Nov 24, 2014

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Blistex posted:

The EU is so retardedly :spergin: that I don't know what to believe.

I think that was part of the comic series that existed solely to make fun of the canon.

also the correct answer is the entirety of the crystal star

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Also, the worst thing in the EU is the book series that Kevin J. Anderson wrote where he made a ship into a Mary Sue character.

It's like the poo poo you'd come up with when you were 10, talking to your friends about YOUR cool ideas for Star Wars.

"No, see, it's this ship that is, like, completely indestructible. It destroys other ships by just ramming them and flying through them. Also, it can blow up stars."

Still not his worst book (darksabre lol). Also bear in mind he writes Dune books with the herbert son.

The Thrawn books are still decent even if they have stupid elements and the first half dozen x wing books are good pulp adventures. The rest are pretty bogus.

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010

DrBouvenstein posted:

haha yeah and luke threw it into a star until his young pupil became dark and emo, put luke into a force coma, and took the sun crusher all around trying to blow people up although he only really managed to kill his own brother

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
KOTOR 2 is the one part of the extended universe which should be spared the axe.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
lets hear it for Twimp Lingam on the kloo horn.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
also, requesting namechange to Jizz Instruments tia mods

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

paranoid randroid posted:

also, requesting namechange to Jizz Instruments tia mods

Aww But your current username is so cool and distinct.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
why are people defending that clone wars cartoon

it was the same poo poo as the prequels, don't even try to say it wasn't

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Cnut the Great posted:

why are people defending that clone wars cartoon

it was the same poo poo as the prequels, don't even try to say it wasn't

Which Clone Wars? The Tartakovsky one or the CGI one?
Doesn't matter, they were both better than the prequel films.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Joey Gladstone posted:

the EU rules and is really funny & cool

god bless michael jackson

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I always liked Kyle Katarn and the jedi knight series :shrug: . The only EU book I ever read was the one about the different bounty hunters like IG-88 and of course Boba. I didn't mind it as a kid.

Isn't there supposed to be some EU guy that's an alien who exudes sex hormones that are so strong it's like poison or burns people or some stupid poo poo like that?

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Applewhite posted:

Which Clone Wars? The Tartakovsky one or the CGI one?
Doesn't matter, they were both better than the prequel films.

the tartakovsky one was okay in a hyperactive seven-year-old cartoon network way

the one that came out that looked like a nintendo 64 game was just plain awful from all that i saw of it. i don't care if it's better than the prequels by whatever weird metric your're using, awful poo poo is awful poo poo and if you like it you're a stunted moron who got trolled into sucking george lucas's cock right up to the very end

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Applewhite posted:

Aww But your current username is so cool and distinct.

theres some dude on twitter who im assuming is a goon b/c he retweets lowtax and henry krinkle poo poo with this name and im torn between feeling bad about biting his style and being worried that someone might think im a marxoteen who has opinions about doctor who

because it would suck if someone got misconceptions about the particular ways in which my posting is terrible

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Nov 24, 2014

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Cnut the Great posted:

the tartakovsky one was okay in a hyperactive seven-year-old cartoon network way

the one that came out that looked like a nintendo 64 game was just plain awful from all that i saw of it. i don't care if it's better than the prequels by whatever weird metric your're using, awful poo poo is awful poo poo and if you like it you're a stunted moron who got trolled into sucking george lucas's cock right up to the very end

Allegedly it comes into its own around season three or whatever, and has won some awards but I've never been able to make it that far to verify for myself.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Wicker Man posted:

Isn't there supposed to be some EU guy that's an alien who exudes sex hormones that are so strong it's like poison or burns people or some stupid poo poo like that?

oh, that guys me

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

shiksa posted:

oh, that guys me

Would you say you have "Shiksappeal"?

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Laser slingshots.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Clone Wars the series is on Netflix and it's not bad. It's better than the prequel trilogy for sure, and considering Star Wars is already meant for children it works. It even manages to capture that "if this is meant for children why is there so much brutal violence" edge.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Dely Apple posted:

Wow even the blue elephant guy had a name

The fat dude who cried on the rancor had a name

I bet every single thing in the cantina has a name and a lightsaber

names yes, stories yes, lightsabers no. gotta be a special space wizard to get da laser dildo.

Leviathan Song
Sep 8, 2010
I can't believe no one has mentioned Splinter of the Mind's Eye. Luke and Leia go to a swamp planet looking for a ruby that amplifies force powers to infinity. They bang in the cockpit of a Y-Wing. Then they kill Darth Vader by pushing him down a well. It's actually worse than it sounds.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Leviathan Song posted:

I can't believe no one has mentioned Splinter of the Mind's Eye. Luke and Leia go to a swamp planet looking for a ruby that amplifies force powers to infinity. They bang in the cockpit of a Y-Wing. Then they kill Darth Vader by pushing him down a well. It's actually worse than it sounds.

Splinter of the Mind's Eye was also intended to be the low-budget sequel to Star Wars.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Leviathan Song posted:

should have been how the movie went imo

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

shiksa posted:

should have been how the movie went imo

Almost was.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Can someone find the wookiepedia article for that guy who was in frame running with a ice cream machine for exactly 1 second? That's my favourite

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Mae posted:

Can someone find the wookiepedia article for that guy who was in frame running with a ice cream machine for exactly 1 second? That's my favourite

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Willrow_Hood

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

CannonFodder posted:

I never read these books and I still know that Chewbacca was killed by dropping a moon on him.

They killed him because everyone was tired of trying to figure out how you write for a character that just says "Grrrrr" all the time. The last few books he was in, he was always on some other planet just babysitting the Solo kids.

The EU was onto something with Anakin Solo being set up to be the next Darth but then Lucas got involved and wouldn't let them so they then made Jacen turn and undid 10+ years of character development.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

lmao willrow hood.

god drat george lucas made so much money.

• Locked thread