Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MgnfP-cjIw

#f1 on synirc.net

Previous Threads
2014 season
2013-14 Off-season
2013 season
2012-13 Off season
2012 season
2011-12 Off-season
2011 Part 1|2011 Breakaway (stop talking about phones!)|2011 Part 2
2010-2011 Off Season
2010 Part 1|2010 Part 2
2009-2010 Off season
2009 News and Views|2009 Part 1|2009 Breakaway Thread|2009 Part 2
2008-2009 Off season
2008 Part 1|2008 Part 2|2008 Part 3
2007-2008 Off season
2007 Part 1|2007 Part 2|2007 Part 3
2006 Part 1|2006 Part 2|2006 Part 3|2006 Part 4|2006 Part 5
2005 Whole Season
2005 Part WTF
2004 Whole Season

EDIT: I'm going to do the WCC Predictions thing again this season, everyone add your predictions in this spreadsheet!!

EDIT2:

pik_d fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jan 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dandaman
Dec 30, 2005

Let the winter of poo poo posting begin...................

now

First BOLD prediction of the off-season: McLaren keep Button to run along side Alonso and JB manages to not get decimated (but still loses obviously to the 2015 WDC Alonso).

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I have no strong feelings about the outcome of the Championship. I am happy to see a Williams return to form.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
#blessed

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
#megajet

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
#couch

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Please #Blessed let Button have one more year at #MegaJet McLaren.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
I predict Button will get the boot and take up the reins at Tom Kristen's now vacant Audi seat in WEC.

Don't think we'll see Guttierez, Sutil, or Kobayashi again.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
when am I getting my #RefuelCaterham shirt

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Kobayashi is still plenty young, has his sponsors and is pretty decent not to mention his time at Sauber that made his reputation. I'm sure he'll pop up on the grid again if not next season then the season after.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
How many races did Sebastian Vettel win in the 2014 Formula One season?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

quote:

Police were called to the home of Michael Schumacher's younger brother after neighbours claimed he was fighting with his estranged wife.

Ralf and Cora Schumacher were reported to police in Cologne a week ago by a neighbour who said they could hear "screams coming from inside the house".

Later police officers were seen entering the Schumacher home.

Police superintendent Anton Hamchder confirmed the incident, adding: "The couple both accused each other of assaults.

"There is an ongoing investigation in the context of domestic violence."

Files on both will be completed by detectives and passed on to the local prosecutor.

Michael Schumacher, who remains paralysed and speechless following his crippling ski accident in December last year, is unaware of his younger brother's woes.

News of their split after 13 years together came two months ago.

Cora, 37, was subjected to a barrage of abuse on social media websites and branded a gold-digger who only married him for his money.

It was reported that he put a block on her credit cards that are paid for by him and has given her an allowance of less than £8,000 a month.

Ralf, 39, has devoted a huge amount of time this year to being at the bedside of Michael, 45.

He is said to have been estranged from his wife for "some time".

Both have hired powerful Munich law firms to fight for their interests and those of their son David, 13, who will continue to live with his mother.

Ralf is reported to have a fortune in excess of £150million and properties across Europe.

Media reports say the duo have already agreed that Cora can have the £1million family home at Bergheim near Cologne, Germany, but is not allowed the use of their holiday villas in Salzburg, Austria, and St Tropez, France, or another property near Duesseldorf.

Cora allegedly moaned that she is being "sold short" in the divorce settlement while Ralf allegedly flies his pet dog to St Tropez aboard his private jet whenever he misses him.

BILD newspaper said that the marriage had been in trouble for some time and that shortly after they married her own father told friends: "Something is not quite right in this relationship."

Former model Cora became embroiled in an ugly public spat with her ex-cleaning lady, Ulrike Grollmann, in 2008, accusing her of stealing bananas and using her skin cream.

:cabot:

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

I'm afraid we have no time for codes and manners.
So did anyone else snicker when they were spraying the champagne vile rose water from the podium and DC said "and there's going to be a few people who are wet down below" and it cut directly to a shot of a soaked and grinning Nicole Scherzinger, or was it just me?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Alain Post posted:

How many races did Sebastian Vettel win in the 2014 Formula One season?

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Wow, he had more podiums than I remember.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

I wouldn't mind 8 grand a month

Also why are Claire and Frank on Lewis' flag? And who are ND and AD? And what is Post Nine?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

quote:

Michael Schumacher, who remains paralysed and speechless following his crippling ski accident in December last year, is unaware of his younger brother's woes.

Ya think?

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

gret posted:

Ya think?
I believe he has heard about it. However, he is simply speechless.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Some people have been pretty vicious to Nico in the 2014 thread but I think he conducted himself very nicely in Abu Dhabi, and he's fundamentally a good, honest guy. Sure, he's made a couple of mistakes, but who in the world hasn't? I hope next year he helps Lewis a bit more instead of always fighting him

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Kinda cool.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrPAzMrgc0g

The BBC credits, quality as always

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Former model Cora became embroiled in an ugly public spat with her ex-cleaning lady, Ulrike Grollmann, in 2008, accusing her of stealing bananas and using her skin cream.

Boring boring boring hahaha stealing bananas and skin cream. Literally dollars worth of theft, possibly tens of dollars.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Whitey Ford posted:

Boring boring boring hahaha stealing bananas and skin cream. Literally dollars worth of theft, possibly tens of dollars.

You're bachelordom is showing.

Some of the unguents women rub on themselves might as well be made from raw platinum if the cost is anything to be going by.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005
We are #blessed with a great Racing series that is running though while F1 is away for these 4 months -

Formula E!!!!

Only 3 Races while F1 is away though -

13 December 2014 - Uruguay
10 January 2015 - Argentina* (Assuming the country isn't in civil war by then)
14 March 2015 - Miami (Day before the first F1 race)

If you haven't watched the previous races, then thankfully they are on Youtube.

Previous rounds -

Beijing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfRtRpmRXb4

Malaysia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gqTs4tU_Sw

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

simplefish posted:

I wouldn't mind 8 grand a month
That's what I was thinking. I'd love to be paid around 12500 USD every month to not see Ralf Schumacher. However I don't come from a world of luxury mansions and dogs getting private jet flights.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
#lamp

One Swell Foop posted:

So did anyone else snicker when they were spraying the champagne vile rose water from the podium and DC said "and there's going to be a few people who are wet down below" and it cut directly to a shot of a soaked and grinning Nicole Scherzinger, or was it just me?
I giggled like Finbarr Saunders when Suzy Perry said that Nicole "was kissing Lewis' helmet."

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
So happy that Anthony Hamilton got a Stevanage mention in there

#Stevenage

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?
I remember getting an autograph from RSC at Monza in 2010 and him commenting "Not many people ask me for autographs these days."
I replied with something cringeworthy and not fit for public exposure.

Overall, with respect to this year's championships: it's a big fat "meh" from me lads.

#ForzaJules
#KeepFightingRalf

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

simplefish posted:

Also why are Claire and Frank on Lewis' flag? And who are ND and AD? And what is Post Nine?

Marshal post 9, the flag isn't his, he was offered it by a presumably British marshal.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

poty posted:

Some people have been pretty vicious to Nico in the 2014 thread but I think he conducted himself very nicely in Abu Dhabi, and he's fundamentally a good, honest guy. Sure, he's made a couple of mistakes, but who in the world hasn't? I hope next year he helps Lewis a bit more instead of always fighting him

Lewis' mind state will collapse due to incessant paranoia if this happens.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
#GranTurismoJules

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Vettel Owns

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
#FerrariFinger

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
Next year is going to be even better comedy material if Vettel gets beat by Kimi.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Part-way through this season I actually caught myself (during several races) suddenly remembering that Kimi was on track

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

autism chariot posted:

You're bachelordom is showing.

Some of the unguents women rub on themselves might as well be made from raw platinum if the cost is anything to be going by.

Hilarious. Living up to your username.

I'm actually an ex-pat with a family, driver and nanny.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
A team in disarray, two drivers who can't get in to the grove of the current cars, and an engine with all the pulling power of Pastor Maldonado. 2015 should be another glorious year for the Tifosi...

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Whitey Ford posted:

Hilarious. Living up to your username.

I'm actually an ex-pat with a family, driver and nanny.

So you're wife bathes in this like it ain't no thang then?

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer
As long as McLaren performs even worse I don't care how bad Ferrari is.

I'm the worst F1 fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

autism chariot posted:

So you're wife bathes in this like it ain't no thang then?
God, and I thought my hand cream at £7.99 for 50ml was expensive.

e: #MicromachinesV3Michael

• Locked thread