Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
So, who has the post stats to the last thread?

And hello off-season thread. Let the arguments, probates and banning's commence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

be nice wicka posted:

in the slums like an animal = somewhere inbred gingers aren't worshipped as gods

By all accounts Prince Harry is not inbred.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

poo poo that's a hard choice, but I would have to go for Mansells red five!

Human Grand Prix posted:

Tough choice. I'd go for the Martini one as it's simple and clean-looking, and also doesn't glorify British fake champion Nigel Moronsell.

You almost made my ignore list son! Don't talk poo poo about the one true god.

This site owns, why have I never heard of it before?

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Nov 25, 2014

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Don't get it!

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Sign me up for whoever will be McLarens No1. Driver.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Riso posted:

Most importantly, are Claire Williams jokes in or out?

Every time you guys do Claire Williams jokes, I get loving probated!!

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

1500quidporsche posted:

I'd like to probate Claire Williams.

If you know what I mean fellas :smug:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Cojawfee posted:

I think Raikkonen has some sort of spell cast on him that makes it appear that he was good in the past.

He was great, he just stopped giving a poo poo and raked the cash in.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Pasco posted:

The Suzuka Accident Panel finally released it's findings relating to Bianci's accident:

So basically: A pretty rubbish F1 driver was going too fast in tricky conditions, as he slid off the track he panicked and hosed up even more, with this secondary gently caress up being magnified by the lovely team he drove for making dodgy modifications to the safety features of his car. This all resulted in a meeting of head and tractor at motorway speeds.

Good riddance to Marussia, hopefully any back-markers who replace them will hire competent drivers and engineers, and be able to maintain basic standards of safety on the track.

Your a loving rear end, get out of this thread.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

be nice wicka posted:

can we stop saying vag please

Not getting enough?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

be nice wicka posted:

i too am in favor of a VAG entry

I would give C.... ahh never mind, if you know what I mean... *sigh*

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Human Grand Prix posted:

He's bad but not the worst. Nigel Mansell stole what should have been Theirry Boutsen's WDC.

I don't often say this out of spite but gently caress you leave our (godly) Nige (The Lion) alone.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I just know this time tomorrow, I am going to be extremely unhappy :argh:

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

captainOrbital posted:

Button did do quite a bit better in the points this year than Magnussen. If they got rid of Button, it'd be like, I don't know, some famous team firing an incredible driver over a lackluster but hilarious Finn or something.

Button has consistently outscored all his team mates since joining McLaren. His overall points even outscored Hamilton's before he left.

I know Mags has been Rons newest play boy for the future, but he really has not left me much impressed this year. Infact I think he has been rather poo poo.

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Dec 10, 2014

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

keevo posted:

I know it's the Daily Mail but they're saying that it's going to be Button and Alonso next year. They're also saying that Ron Dennis only kept him because Honda and other shareholders like him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...nso-season.html

I am so hard right now!

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I haven't had morning wood like this for ages, this is the best day! Better get my missus before work.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

track day bro! posted:

Imagine if they had a 3 car team of Button, Alonso and Hamilton. A team entirely comprised of fraud champions. Run by an autistic wasteman.

Mods!

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

nsaP posted:

Button and Alonso should constantly crack Dad jokes and call the Toro Rosso drivers 'son'.

#TeamDad

Dad jokes gets you probated.. I know...

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Dec 11, 2014

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Riso posted:

I bet you wouldn't mind playing Claire William's daddy, if you know what I mean, fella.

Did I mention other people telling dad jokes... also get me probated? :(

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I cant wait for a McLaren-Honda 1-2 Championship with Button two time WDC dabbing Alonsos stricken seasons induced tears with his charming beard. Good times ahead.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

ukle posted:

Good Reminder!

Next round of Formula E is tomorrow, and its not at a stupid time for the majority of us -

Its in Uruguay. Here is a link to the circuit guide,
http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/calendar/2014-punta-del-este/punta-del-este-circuit.aspx

Coverage start in the UK at 5pm tomorrow on ITV4

Thanks for the reminder. It was so long in-between the first and second round, I was expecting the same so I am pleasantly surprised at this unexpected race day. Cheers.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Wirth1000 posted:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117133

Cool. First step towards Alonso's 3rd title confirmed.

I guess a crash test is easy to pass when the car itself was doing about 60mph before it failed.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
The third round of Formula-e has begun on ITV 4.

*e* Alex Brundle :stare:

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Dec 13, 2014

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I loving love this formula-e business. It's loads of fun.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I'm not too familiar with Valencia but all the E tracks look like poo poo to me so far. Boring city circuits with horrible road surface and no runoffs and no space for passing.

But they have produced some great racing so far in the season.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

I still say that Brawn GP car was one of the best looking F1 cars ever made by mortal hands.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

HJB posted:

British F1 champions tend to win it, especially since the season ended in November, and besides, his only competition was Rory McIlroy.

Button didnt, and I will always hate that fact!

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

MrL_JaKiri posted:

That was the year that Ryan Giggs completely inexplicably won it, right?

I believe it was to detract from court shenanigans that no one was allowed to talk about.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Sebastian Vettel posted:

I don't understand how anyone can hate Our Lewis after he ended the most fraudulent run of world championships in history twice. We are truly #blessed to have the second coming of our Lord and Saviour, Saint Ayrton among us. Dare I say arise #SirLewis?

#TheBlackKnight

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Ghost of Mussolini posted:

Hence why its utterly baffling that a thread full of enthusiastic Formula 1-watchers doesn't embrace football with the same passion.

I hate football with a passion and I am not ashamed to say I know absolutely nothing about it in any shape or form other than one team has to kick a ball into the other teams goal.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

HJB posted:

This explains an awful lot.

Yes, it explains I don't like football and have no desire to learn anything about it??? :confused:

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

be nice wicka posted:

autosport averaged all their driver ratings from each race, ended up with chilton last, which i think is unfair for someone who finds it almost impossible to crash.

1. hamilton
2. ricciardo
3. alonso
4. rosberg
5. bottas
---
18. ericsson
19. sutil
20. maldonado
21. gutierrez
22. chilton

Chiltons last place is highly unfair. He was better than a few including Crashtor

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

track day bro! posted:

Ferrari and Sebastian Vettel own

No words or witty come back

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Brainwrong posted:

RACIST!

Are you voting for The UKIPS next year?

Yep. Doesn't make me racist though, infact one of my friends is b.. Etc... Etc... Etc

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Brainwrong posted:

They did. But it's a 2 year special, so it's still showing. He's literally that much better than that furry-faced Mexican he's replacing.

I used to love your posts. I don't know whats happened to you mate, but of late you really are the worst.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

1500quidporsche posted:

But what about the real Lauda?

He's an rear end in a top hat!

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

fanfiction never ceases to amaze me

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Jedit posted:

You've never bought a magazine, newspaper or non-fiction book>

Or an SA subscription?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Tsaedje posted:

Being a reserve driver helps massively when it comes to getting a Superlicense too

Don't you need a super license to be a reserve driver?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Formula-e is just fun. Goons hate fun.

• Locked thread