Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

simplefish posted:

I'm surprised at you and Hefe being so slow, you're both thread stalwarts. genital warts

Eh, I'm too old to care now and don't live on the bleeding edge of the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

PoopSok posted:

It's way better when they're on dirt. I really hadn't paid the series much attention at this point, but how can you not love this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aJr8rFuCGA

Watching those huge V8's pile on the power through those sweeping corners is a thing of beauty

This is way more fun to watch than F1, for me F1 is half driver/team drama and hours of engineering to gain hundredths of a second on the track. Lower formula stuff and off-road is just more fun.

Also, the RC version of these short course trucks are way fun (but don't buy Traxxas trucks, buy HPI :P)

Barnsy posted:

I feel that F1 needs to go the way of MotoGP. There are just too many seeder series for F1, it's very hard to find rookies and follow them as they step up through series. It's great in MotoGP to follow riders from Moto3 all the way to MotoGP. Might also reduce the number of pay drivers and allow more talent to shine.

Yup, for sure! Definitely agree with this.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
At least it's not as extreme as the TV rights for Premiere League football - £10mil PER GAME going to the Football Association, I have no idea how the broadcasters will even make money at that price. And the FA has the same problems with lower league teams that FOM does with distributing money to lower teams, but it's multiplied by dozens (hundreds?) of small teams.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Really digging that Ferrari concept. It's pretty strange when series like Indy car and Formula E have more aerodynamic-looking cars than Formula 1. F1 should be about the fastest ridiculous-looking, racing cars, not dicknoses and vanity panels.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Say what you want about Vettel's helmet changes, but that also means that if this rule had been in place previously, Jenson wouldn't have been able to have a tribute to his dad and all the other drivers wouldn't be able to have a new one-off helmet design for their home GP.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
It wouldn't be that hard, the camera would be on him for at least half the race so you wouldn't forget it's him.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Falken posted:

he has white guy hair now.

Expecting a fragrance any day now.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
What the gently caress is 'Nasr'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU