Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

http://www.redbubble.com/people/fakef1shop/works/12424468-team-nico-2?c=297317-fakef1-teams&ref=work_carousel_work_collection_1

Because when I think Nico Rosberg I think "Weird half-pineapple thing"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

willcrouch posted:

It would be humorous to see more toxx in this thread.

Hell I would do one that I will leave SA altogether if finger take another WDC.

Edit: I would if we could get a toxx train rolling.

What I think we should do is a lottery system where we all enter, and get randomly assigned a 2015 driver and we end up having to write next seasons Worst Thread driver intro for that driver, and if you are anything other than complimentary you get toxx-banned.

Mostly because I want to see learningcurve get Lewis Hamilton.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Have to go with Rosberg. Came into this season expecting Hamilton to mushroom stamp him but he somehow got under his skin and kept in it until the last race.

Races for me where Rosberg did better than Hamilton based on merit:

Austria
Germany
Brazil

Everything else he either got beaten, or Hamilton had reliability problems, or he got lucky (Monaco). It really was the reliability difference (Abu Dhabi bought them even on race reliability, but Lewis still had 2x qualifying car failures that put him way down the grid) that made the season close. And without double points, Hamilton would have only needed to finish 6th or higher in the last race. In a car that is so dominant that there really is no excuse for not coming at least 2nd to your teammate, it's not that impressive that the WDC came down to the last race.

Lets look at some stats-

Pole to win conversion rate (excluding reliability, they're one a-piece on that):
Rosberg: 33%
Hamilton: 100%

Wheel to wheel racing:
Rosberg: 0%
Hamilton: 100%

Luck/Cheating
Rosberg: 100%
Hamilton: 0%

Number of dogs:
Rosberg: Who gives a poo poo? None probably.
Hamilton: 2 awesome ones.

I'm only being semi-facetious here. Rosberg did not impress me on track this year. Alonso, Bottas, Button, Ricciardo and poo poo, probably Massa all could have done better in that car.

Go back and watch Hungary. Watch Rosberg turn a 10 second lead into a 4th place by virtue of being utterly unable to overtake when needed. Hamilton didn't exactly have a great race either but still managed to finish ahead of Rosberg on track, and it's entirely down to Hamilton's round-the-outside overtaking move on Vergne that Rosberg couldn't/wouldn't have attempted. That's why he lost the WDC.

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Nov 26, 2014

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Dudley posted:

The Lewis had worse reliability myth is bewildering at best. If you believe that he should have got his car to the finish in Canada as Nico did with the same issue they both had three failures. And Lewis was arguably lucky his occurred at a point he could still, brilliantly in both cases, save the weekend.

I don't get this... his car stopped in Australia, his brakes failed in Canada, and Nico side-swiped him in Belgium. So that's three retirements to match the 3 that Rosberg had in the season. Then on top of that Hamilton had the two qualifying issues. I don't think it's unfair to say that Lewis had the worse luck this year.

I've no idea why you're giving credit to Rosberg for Canada or Belgium. It's not as if he knew what he was doing either time.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

http://imgur.com/a/SXkDH

26. learn to love f1
37. learn to take it up the bum

these are very similar skill sets.

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Nov 27, 2014

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Dudley posted:

You said reliability. Getting hit by someone regardless of fault isn't reliability.

And they both had the same issue in Canada, just Lewis couldn't stop driving like an idiot.

He had an unreliable teammate :v:

Shrug, I disagree about Canada. The car should have held together and didn't. I don't think Rosberg "nursed" his car because he was controlling the situation, I think he nursed his car because he was incapable of going fast enough to cause an issue.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

autism chariot posted:

Unfortunately, this is the same guy who rated Senna 19th out of 60, behind such fantastic drivers as Heinz Harald Frentzen and Jochen Rindt. He also rated Jacques Villeneuve above Gilles, by a wide margin. Also Mikka Hakkinen was 56th.

In short, his modelling is poo poo.

His model is a triumph of misguided autism, but interestingly he got almost the exact same top 7 as I posted earlier in this thread. The difference is he's an idiot trying to prove it with spurious facts and I am fully aware that it's my own bias/gut instinct with nothing else to back it up.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Falken posted:

LMP cars haven't looked good for a good 10 years.

Well, the open top Acura ARX things are kind of neat, but other than that... they look like Jetsons cars.

Didn't see the sniffpetrol at first and genuinely thought you'd pasted a Daily Mail article in the thread

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Here's a thought. Don't let Mark Webber drive expensive cars around Brazil.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Can't remember were I read it but wasn't Hamilton's new Merc deal supposed to be ~$100m?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Gross-jeans probably takes those gloves out now and again and sniffs them.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Sulman posted:

Stonking bit of journalism from Motorsport Magazine - the Mattiacci/Alonso/Vettel story. http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/f1/ferrari-in-2014/

That is an amazing article. I want it to be true so badly because it would demonstrate once and for all that Briatore is an eternal fuckup who couldn't manage a child's school project and ought to be banned from anything to do with adult life, let alone F1.

But the author's quotes being "used without attribution" is the most hilariously bullshit journalism phrase I have ever heard. At least the Daily Mail just goes "our source" and doesn't even try to legitimise the fact that they're making poo poo up.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Hamilton is so good I think several of the posters in this thread are having their views on the obvious superiority of white people challenged.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

None of you are considering that one of those people arguing might be Bernie Ecclestone who knows for a fact where the German GP is being held but can't cite it for legal reasons.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I'm OK with any driver announcement tomorrow I think. Either Button gets in and seeing him up against Alonso will be a nice gauge of respective talents, or Magnussen/that dumb reserve driver will get in and I get to despise McLaren and laugh at their "future hope" driver getting destroyed.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Button has it according to the BBC. Good stuff. I feel sorry for kmag but honestly I don't think you can be outscored by double the amount and still expect to be favoured. Also ahahaha gently caress you Ron Dennis.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Oh man that's awesome. I didn't think Hamilton would win it in all honesty because I assumed no-one gave a poo poo about F1.

This really is the best possible year for the Worst Thread. Lewis going around winning things and infuriating people who ought to be infuriated.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

simplefish posted:

Awarded to the sportsperson "whose actions have most captured the public's imagination"

Not sure that's are Lewis. Not sure it'd be Rory Boring Golfer either though so there's that.

So Jess Ennis and Vicky Pendleton for SPOTY every year?

If by "capturing the imagination" you mean "wanking".

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

George Zimmer posted:

I'm a backmarkerkin that shares a headspace with a Minardi.

I think Vergne was sharing his headspace with a JCB actually.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I know this is over a year old (still has Perez in it) but I unironically loved Tooned and had never seen this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hdsBxVbvmw

Whoever commissioned those was a genius and certainly not Ron Dennis.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Jedit posted:

Latest word on Schumacher's condition: he's got Locked-In Syndrome. Prognosis: Totally hosed.

Locked-in syndrome is one of my greatest fears, to the point where I'd rather die.

e: At least he can afford a trip to nearby Switzerland.

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jan 3, 2015

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

poty posted:

This is what passes for drivers at Ferrari these days

He's the least Ferrari-ish driver in the entire world, it's actually one of his better features.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Alain Post posted:

It's completely anecdotal but from the German F1 fans I talk to (on the internet), that's basically true. The Germans loved Schumi and don't give a poo poo about Vettel at all.

This completely explains why no-one loves Max Chilton as well. Poor guy. The Vettel of GB.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Just when I think its not possible to love Lewis anymore than I already do. POW. Nerd chic. Those glasses probably don't even have lenses

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Dat nose tho.

Proper 90s stuff

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Camoes posted:

Yeah, that's the worse nose I've seen until now.

Is this one this year's Sauber?

I like this nose (although the livery is a bit poo poo).

It has sponsers, cant be a sauber.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Oh my god that expression. THAT is how you say "Holy poo poo I joined the wrong team this season is going to be a nightmare" without moving your lips.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

That is entirely last years livery with a little bit of red on it.

The talent and dedication that had to go into making something that dull boggles the mind.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I am so seriously bummed at the paintjob progression of Force India after 2013. They went from flashy and awesome to Half-Life, a boring video game for depressed lonely teenagers.

Please show an example of a teenager that wasn't bored and lonely 100% of the time.

Also half life rocked. Force India wishes they were that cool. As it is- every single livery has gone downhill. I think the last time I went "Oh cool" was the chrome on the mclarens in 2005(?) back when chrome paint was new and interesting and not loving everywhere

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Possibly Chicken posted:

Mclaren is silver "LOL THIS SUCK RON DENIS LOL"

Merc is silver and looks the loving same " HOLY poo poo BONER GUYS I LOVE THIS UGGGH"

The merc doesn't look stunning, it looks good.

The McLaren looks poo poo.

Glad I could clear up this apparently confusing situation for you.

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Jan 30, 2015

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Branding is for people who set targets of two wins in a season i.e. losers.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

El Hefe posted:

Jesus Christ ever heard of the tortoise and the hare tale?

In your scenario, McLaren is the hare and the tortoise is an actual tortoise right?

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Feb 2, 2015

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

Quite lucky that the german flag has Ferrari red on it!

Remind me again what happened the last time the Italians and Germans joined forces?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Exactly, disaster.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Vettel won a race at Toro Rosso?

Exactly, disaster.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Payndz posted:

drat, I hope Force India don't go belly-up; they're my favourite underdog team. :ohdear: gently caress you Kimi DREAM CRUSHER for denying them their only ever shot at a win.

What about Nico "not as good as everyone in the Worst Thread says he is" Hulkenberg for loving it up when he had it in the bag?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

thegasman2000 posted:

So much worse. :suicide:

The rap material is also a worry.

Huh? He was blindingly fast last time it happened I thought. Or was that the time before?

Which one spawned roscoe?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Vettel is a oval office.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Dubs posted:

Lewis' Hair

That's the real reason Nicole left, she couldn't handle Lewis out-styling her.

Proper F1 girlfriends like Jess know to wait til their mans career is seemingly over before insisting they get married. Vettel got married last year right?

So did Grosjean.

Oh and Rosberg. Theory looking pretty sound right now.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

enri posted:

He can always ask Damon for advice :v:

Literally the worst opinion in the thread. Does anyone have the video of Damon playing Johnny B Goode on stage at Silverstone so we can finally put these pathetic lies to sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Riso posted:

FI is not a new team, they are Jordan.

They are Jordan run by someone more incompetent than Eddie Jordan

• Locked thread