Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Here's an interesting thought, a few years ago the Ferrari factory was picked as the nicest place to work in Europe by some business magazine. Why is it so lovely to work for the race team, then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Why isn't the testing being covered on Sky anyway?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
http://imgur.com/a/SXkDH

learn to love formula 1

YOUR MUM

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Yeah I saw that one live a few minutes ago. Wibbah left the track on a stretcher but he was waving to the crowd.

Goddamn those Gulf Astons look good.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
That's an entire generation between titles.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

andyf posted:

What is it with Ferrari 458's crashing into Prototype cars? I swear to god it happens every year at some endurance event or another.
Don't forget this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27F26UA1i6M&t=2280s

Although in at least two of those (McNish, Rockenfeller) I think it could be said it was not the Ferrari driver's fault. Arguable anyway. McNish was making a pretty aggressive move, the Ferrari was just on the racing line. And I've heard commentators talk about how the Audis had ridiculously bright lights and the GT drivers could barely make out how close the Audis actually were in their mirrors at night. Both of them were passing on the inside at high speed.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

keevo posted:

That Porsche sounds cool as hell.
Too bad it looks like rear end.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

MattD1zzl3 posted:

This just in, Mark webber signed to drive for the "Jason Lefkowitz Cosmetic Dentistry" Spec miata team for the 2015 season. (Comes in 31st)
I'm picturing a Miata doing an end over end aerodynamic flip like a Mercedes at Le Mans.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Riso posted:

Isn't it obvious?
Senna is like a Samurai living to a code.
Why aren't they more into Fernando then? Senna didn't have a samurai tattoo.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Falken posted:

Also, they got their hands on a B29 Stratofortress, and made a like-for-like copy. So identical that the rudder pedals in the cockpit had "Boeing" on them.
That was a pretty interesting story that I saw on the History Channel back in the day. The Russians basically held hostage a couple B29 crews that emergency landed in Russia for like half the war because they wanted to study their planes. They didn't have SAE tooling to produce the 1/16" (or whatever) aluminum skin for it so they had to vary the thickness of the skin on the plane between 1 and 2mm sheets (or whatever).

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Is Newey gonna kill a Brazilian religious zealot again but this time on water?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Rhopunzel posted:

another quality contribution by 4-time WDC Alain Post
We should have a World Posters Championship. And a Moral World Posters Championship because the WPC is always a fraud and a cheat.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Riso posted:

That is fantastic. Is there a place that gathers similar Ron anecdotes?
I'm imagining a Ken Burns documentary about McLaren with Shelby Foote recanting many tales of Ron Dennis being an insufferable dick.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
This is amazing. I think we should all recognize out loud that 2014 has been the most amazing season anyone could possibly have hoped for. Aside from an obvious person winning it anyway. This is absolute poetry.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
If he didn't steal it, though, and he happened to be from Brazil, they could shoot him whenever they liked, right?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

1500quidporsche posted:

Yeah back in the day the German flag used to stand for something.
Back in those days they dominated GP racing too. The good old days.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

1500quidporsche posted:

If memory serves they briefly changed their national flag to a crude rendition of a wheel to demonstrate their commitment to motorsports.
It was working great until that political dispute with a few other countries.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Wirth1000 posted:

Jesus gently caress, never read /r/formula1 ever. Holy.... poo poo. :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOqb_UzJSUQ

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I don't know where all that hate for /r/formula1 came from. I looked at it the other day and it seemed boring at worst. But maybe my perception is skewed now that I've seen the historic gold standard of f1 discussions, mid-90s rec.autos.sport.f1.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
You know what's gonna happen though is Alonso will waste the next 4 years at McLaren just like he wasted the last however many years at Ferrari. What honestly are the chances McLaren with a brand new engine could compete with the ridiculous amount of money going on at RB and Mercedes? He'll retire as the most bitter living F1 driver.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
What's wrong with gar-bage dick?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Ilanin posted:

Still good fun, but that circuit seemed kind of Formula E's version of Valencia to me. Too narrow, no decent overtaking opportunities, not that great a race and most of the drama was caused by drivers making mistakes and penalties rather than good racing.

I'm not too familiar with Valencia but all the E tracks look like poo poo to me so far. Boring city circuits with horrible road surface and no runoffs and no space for passing.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-30421344

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Human Grand Prix posted:

As a North American, as far as I can tell Soccer is less about watching the game and more about wearing fascist symbols to the stadium and beating up Azeri migrants selling fruit afterwards.

Dubs posted:

*watches soccer*
It's nice that I finally found some upstanding citizens who share my views about soccer which is the most structurally flawed team sport. The worst thread is truly my home.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Why do celebrities never have normal dogs?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I hate football with a passion and I am not ashamed to say I know absolutely nothing about it in any shape or form other than one team has to kick a ball into the other teams goal.
You're missing a crucial component of the gameplay wherein a series of players will pretend to be hurt and then return to the game in order to make the game last longer. But nobody knows how much longer because the referees don't time any of it and don't announce how much longer. They just make it up however they feel.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
New topic, can we refer to Super Seb as the Scud Stud now?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

MattD1zzl3 posted:

And the trophy thieves a surprise last minute Moral WDC of 2014!!!!!
Seriously, this should be even bigger news in The Worst Thread. There should be entire spinoff threads of fanfic and cosplay based on these modern day robin hoods. Could there possibly have been a greater end to the last 4 years of SebBull?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

be nice wicka posted:

right? it's bad but in the most beautiful possible way. someone yesterday asked if vettel would maintain his job as infiniti's director of performance after leaving red bull. THEY WERENT JOKING
NBC ran that commercial during every race this year.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
krushgroove joins #TeamLH

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
No comments on Horny Horner's midget donkeys?

simplefish posted:

Claire Williams trimmed her bush, I see
Well played.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Why didn't German TV do a 2 hour show on Super Seb leaving Fizzy Drink? He's literally twice the man Alonso is, there are numbers that prove that. It should actually be a 4 hour show.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
The real Hunt was more appealing than Thor who played him in the movie.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
The real Lauda is exactly like movie Lauda.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
The weather in Japan was a conspiracy against Ferrari.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

1500quidporsche posted:

The fact that Haas has laid out a competent realistic plan and is now executing it makes me slightly optimistic that Haas may cobble together a competent midfield entry instead of becoming another HRT
Haas will be the next Stewart which will in turn be sold to a huger company and then sold to a fizzy drink which will then dominate F1 until the end of time.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Haas is the next RedBull

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I'm starting to feel bad for Are Jense, that's like the third humiliating dumb commercial he's been in for a sponsor.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
That's not even that awful for reddit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
That helicopter/ambulance thing did seem like a pretty glaring failure when it happened. Could Bianchi's family sue the FIA or something? I remember an interview with Mosley where he said why they ran the 05 Indy GP the way they did and one of the things he mentioned was that they couldn't change the course because they hadn't tested it for safety or something in the new configuration which was in the books as a procedure. And then subsequently if a crash happened a judge or whoever would have asked them, "did you follow your own procedures?"

• Locked thread