Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer
As long as McLaren performs even worse I don't care how bad Ferrari is.

I'm the worst F1 fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer

AgentJotun posted:

Remember when Alonso used to do like a sort of crab pincer move with both hands during a cool down lap after a win? I hope we see that 20 times next season.

Edit - Ralf must have made some wise investments. I know he made big bucks for a few years but thats a nice fortune he seems to have amassed.

IIRC he was the highest paid F1 driver in 2007 because Toyota was managed by idiots.

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer

drgitlin posted:

Well, the 2015 car is supposed to be even worse, and they just fired Tombazzis, so...

Not that I doubt that next year's Ferrari will be loving terrible (because that sounds likely), but does anyone have any links to leaks/rumors/theories regarding this?

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer

El Hefe posted:

Alonso has truly lost his mind going back to McLaren but Ferrari is such a shithole now that I can't blame him too much.

Yeah. It was pretty obvious that he most likely wouldn't win anything if he stayed at Ferrari, but with McLaren he's trying something different. At worst they're as lovely as Ferrari, at best they're gonna be much better.

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Vergne has now officially split with Torro Rosso: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/116949

It's interesting how different his and Ricciardo's careers have turned out since 2013, considering how close they were back then.

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Lewis Hamilton is probably the greatest African American hero since Martin Luther X.

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Maybe they moved the German Grand Prix to Poland...

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Disgusting

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Thank god di Resta it's gone from F1. The British media (or at least some within it) trying to hype him as a potential future WDC contender must be one of the dumbest things in modern F1 history.

He also had the personality of an inbred horse.

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Butt Wizard posted:

I'm unsure how the technical partnerships will work at McLaren next year. Alonso likes oversteer but it ruins the tyres. Button likes a neutral balance but McLaren have only ever given him understeer, or so he complains. I don't know how much data they'll share anyway, but even if they did it wouldn't really help them out much.

They're both gonna be poo poo drivers with poo poo cars with poo poo engines.

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://plus.autosport.com/premium/feature/6304/raikkonen-and-his-annus-horribilis/

I read that as anus horribilis at first, lol. Kinda sums up Kimi's season pretty well.

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer
LMAO Nick Heidfeld only has one point in Formula E so far. What a loving awful driver.

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Ilanin posted:

Have you actually watched any of the three Formula E races to date? Heidfeld had people drive into him in each of the first two races.

No, I haven't watched any of them. I just wanted to poo poo on Heidfeld.

But if different drivers keeps driving into him then maybe he's doing something wrong? If I was a Formula E driver I would try to avoid that happening to me, since I'd liked to score more than one measly point after three races.

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

Vettel would have scored more than 1 point after 3 races amirite?

Alain Post posted:

I don't know. I'd love to see him prove it next season in Formula E. #Seb2FormulaE

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer

be nice wicka posted:

autosport averaged all their driver ratings from each race, ended up with chilton last, which i think is unfair for someone who finds it almost impossible to crash.

1. hamilton
2. ricciardo
3. alonso
4. rosberg
5. bottas
---
18. ericsson
19. sutil
20. maldonado
21. gutierrez
22. chilton

I would switch Rosberg and Maldonado. Other than that it's a pretty accurate list.

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Ralf Schumacher is an awesome driver

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Mimetic posted:

My pronouns are Senna/Sennii/Sennaself

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Tsaedje posted:

Being a reserve driver helps massively when it comes to getting a Superlicense too

Probably helps in getting pussy too

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Dudley posted:

Well he'll get a 4 year ban, how many people are going to want to hire a 39 year old that's been out of cars for 4 years?

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Congratulations to former F1 driver Nick Heidfeld for scoring 4 more points, bringing his points total up to 5.

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Ferrari Is Awesome

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer

CratSock posted:

^ Fraud In Avatar

gently caress, I'm Ashamed

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Dennis is British and balding. Prost is a saint in comparison.

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If I had a watch it would've been a Rolex, because I don't give a poo poo about watches. I just wanna show people that I'm rich enough to own a Rolex (I'm not).

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The best F1 livery so far is the 1950-2014 Ferrari :italy:

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Alain Post posted:

If only he had the style of Ronnie Peterson.

(Jackie's Elf jacket is magnificent, by the way)

:sweden:

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I remember someone saying in last year's thread that Vettel considered a move to IndyCar or DTM. I guess Horner just confirmed that rumor as true.

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer
One would think that a lack of sponsors would encourage a constructor to create a great looking livery.

The only plausible explanation is that Ron Dennis unironically loves that look and has garbage taste.

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Robert Kubica is as pretty as Nico Rosberg, because they're both white.

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer

keevo posted:

Ferrari's car was just unveiled. More sponsors than McLaren and Sauber. I can't tell if it's just the picture or not but it looks like it has a really short wheelbase.

It's beautiful :italy:

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Shogunner posted:

hey guys back again

how do i ride sebastian vettel's dick without being a tifosi? :(

You can't. You either join us or switch driver allegiance to Maldonado.

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer
IIRC they're gonna use a different livery for the first test, but the one they showed yesterday is the one they're gonna use for the races (at least until even more sponsors drop them LMAO).

EDIT: I'm talking about McLaren

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer
BOLD PREDICTION for the 2015 WDC table:
1. Sebastian Vettel
2. Pastor Maldonado
3. Kimi Räikkönen

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Ron Dennis, I would redecorate his home if you know what I mean fellas?

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer

El Hefe posted:

They are sponsoring themselves tbh

That's like if McLaren decided to have a huge McLaren logo on their sidepods doesn't really makes it a sponsor

I kinda liked it when Mika Häkkinen and David Coulthard sponsored McLaren

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Falken posted:

It is called dazzle camo. Used by ships in WW1 and car manufacturers today. It is to hide detail and lines.

Wouldn't it be even more effective if the whole car was asphalt colored (serious but stupid question)?

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Red Bull broke their only front wrong earlier today, so they may have to continuing testing without a front wrong until tomorrow LMAO

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Another good day for The Scud. Looks like the title fight's gonna be between Ferrari and Sauber this year.

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Human Grand Prix posted:

I like the Sauber Livery. I have said this more than once.

Me too. Mostly because I love colors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If you want to lose some brain cells I recommend reading the last pages of the McLaren thread on the Autosport forum. Compared to them this is the greatest f1 discussion board on earth.

• Locked thread