Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

You Am I posted:

Do people really think Williams are competent enough with both their pit stop strategy and race plans to actually beat Red Bull this season?

Yes.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
The last time Alonso missed a grand prix was USA 2005.

Almost an entire decade according to my calculations.

Also, going through that press release, it seems like whoever wrote it liked to stress how McLaren's own doctors are saying how Alonso is perfectly fine from a neurological and physical standpoint but Fernando's OWN doctors are saying no, concussed, second-impact syndrome etc. etc.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Brainwrong posted:

All drivers who have come through from GP2 with lots of promise have been absolute dog cack. Apart from Our Lewis and Nuestro Pastor.

#blessedtacos

You forgot Rosberg, Grosjean, and Hulkenberg.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Brainwrong posted:

No I didn't.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

darth cookie posted:

He may be a complete nincompoop when it comes to current F1 stuff, but GP+ does have some really neat articles about the history of the sport (and often motorsport in general) including stuff from pre WW2.

Here, I'll let you put your money towards an actually great magazine that has many historical articles and interviews with past figures by people who were actually there and such...

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

lol

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

El Hefe posted:

I hope Alonso just retires, he's never winning another title.

Have faith, you third world coup inciting gently caress. He'll win that 3rd title and still be behind V...e......ttel. Oh no.....

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
9 days you pieces of utter poo poo.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Norns posted:

Where you at?

He idolizes Pastor Maldonado but the thing is it's only because someone is literally holding a gun to his head. That should clue you in.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

quote:

Sauber says that it will defend the court action launched by Giedo van der Garde in the Supreme Court of Victoria.
Van der Garde is hoping that the Australian court will force Sauber to follow a recent arbitration ruling in Switzerland, and allow him to race. The case will be heard on Monday.

“As this matter is currently before the courts it would be inappropriate for me to comment on specific details,” said team boss Monisha Kaltenborn. “However, we will take all necessary steps to protect our company, this team and its interests.

“Last year was a challenging time for us but going into the 2015 season we have been focused on putting steps in place to ensure that we are delivering the best outcomes for F1’s fans.”

In its statement the team explained the Swiss court decision – and spelled van der Garde’s name incorrectly: “In a first partial award of a Swiss arbitral tribunal, the application of Mr van der Garde was upheld, with the tribunal relevantly ordering Sauber to refrain from taking action the effect of which would be to deprive Guido van der Garde of his entitlement to participate in the 2015 Formula One season as one of Sauber’s two nominated race drivers. Mr van der Garde has this week brought an application before an Australian court in Melbourne, the city hosting the first Grand Prix of the 2015 season on Sunday, March 15, to enforce that arbitral award. next week, March 9.”

Yeah, this will really endear you to all the mechanics and team personnel who have to assemble and run the car for you.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

be nice wicka posted:

mclaren have officially added esso as a sponsor now so it seems instead of signing new sponsors they're just going to squeeze more money out of exxon

*clutches speedpass a little tighter*

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

POCKET CHOMP posted:

Who is this poo poo even for? Us idiots in the thread already know everything about the sport.

Do we really think some newbies are going to wander into the thread to read 1000-word treatises on each driver, team, and track? lmao. Make an OP that says "Welcome to the F1 thread, if u don't know about anything here's some info for you: Wikipedia.org and Google.com now let's enjoy the season fellas!" That's all you need and that's the extent that anyone will actually read anyway.

I heard you intentionally spread AIDS.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
7 days 4 hours to go but if we factor in DST it's actually 7 days 3 hours to go praise be for daylight savings

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIymxwyDhiw

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
This is career suicide.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

quote:

Sauber has used the issue of safety in its desperate fight to stop Giedo van der Garde from racing its car in the Australian GP.

The team has been in a court case in Melbourne today. Van der Garde won an arbitration judgement in Switzerland last week, and in essence the case is about that judgement being upheld in Australia.

As reported by Radio Australia, Sauber’s lawyer Rodney Garrett said that Van der Garde was not covered by the team’s insurance and brought up the question of safety of spectators at the event. He claimed that the C34 was custom built for Felipe Nasr and Marcus Ericsson, and there were issues about seats and seat belts.

Garrett said: “Sauber could not allow him to race… it would be reckless and dangerous to do otherwise. It would result in an unacceptable risk of physical harm or even death.”

Readers may recall that in 2011 Pedro de la Rosa stepped into the Sauber on Friday lunchtime in Montreal after Sergio Perez was declared unfit…

Drivers jumping into cars with no testing and compromised seats is part of F1. It might concern the FIA that a team has chosen to link it to safety – and even death – in a court of law.

The case now looks likely to continue into Tuesday.

http://adamcooperf1.com/2015/03/09/sauber-risk-of-physical-harm-or-even-death-if-van-der-garde-races/

This is ridiculous on so many levels. Does he even have a single bit of support within Sauber whatsoever? All the mechanics just taking turns to take a poo poo in his car.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Sue to get your money back and your day in court with regards to a breached contract. But suing in order to win a race seat is on a whole other level of insanity.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Sashimi posted:

A racing driver who wants to enter races, madness.

Things must be interesting for you. What's it like not living in reality and not understanding the numerous layers going on here?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
A little warning before posting track day bro!'s pic please.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Hello.

I'm just making an announcement that, with the release of the Honda aerokit, I will subject myself to one (1) IndyCar "race" this year. I think you all should, too.

Thank you,
Xau-- Wirth1000

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I want Lewis to join Ferrari at some point. I want to witness the extreme racism he'll experience on a daily basis.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Butt Wizard posted:

https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2015/03/12/oops/

It's the responsibility of the team to arrange the licenses, apparently. How does one dude seem to be so wrong so often?

My favourite part was when the other journos, including James Allen, tried to defend Saward at some point and Saward just got all arrogant and called them hacks or something along those lines.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
This is cute:

quote:

Harrison Newey, the son of Red Bull Formula 1 technical supremo Adrian Newey, is to team up with Michael Schumacher's son Mick in ADAC Formula 4 this season.
The 16-year-old Newey will race with Dutch team Van Amersfoort Racing in the new series, which is Germany's FIA-approved F4 category. He will combine it with a campaign with HHC Motorsport in BRDC F4, in which he made his car-racing debut last November.
It appears that the UK-based BRDC series will take precedence in his racing program, as the plan is currently to miss two of the eight ADAC rounds.
Team boss Frits van Amersfoort is ecstatic to have secured the sons of F1's most-successful driver and technical director.
"This has been one of the most pleasant weeks in our four-decade history," he said. "We're extremely honored to have some of auto racing's most creditable persons choosing to entrust our team in the development of two promising young talents. We see their confidence as a unique challenge that everyone at Van Amersfoort Racing is ready to take up with dedication, and driven by a sincere desire to help the drivers fulfil their dreams."
VAR continues with its Formula 3 European Championship team, which brought Max Verstappen to prominence last season, and which will run Charles Leclerc, Alessio Lorandi and Arjun Maini in 2015.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Butt Wizard posted:

Ahahhhaha he won. gently caress you Sauber.

• Locked thread