Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

1500quidporsche posted:

So that Honda seems like a helluva engine. Alonso will definitely be 2015 WDC.

It sounds like a k20 with a fart pipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Clearly the man is the biggest rear end in a top hat in the world.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
Kamui

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

keevo posted:

http://instagram.com/p/wJtACdw7qq/?modal=true

"Serendipity - the #1 formula one race car driver in Japan the #1 collector of rare Japanese chips and snack foods #1 hottest white girl in Japan, all 3 happen to be in the same room in Japan and all 3 are the biggest perverts in Japan and that's no easy feat"

Kamui "The Pervert" Kobayashi

Kamui Kobayashi MWDC every year.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Fanatic posted:

http://instagram.com/p/wJtpQWr03d #BigFoot #Chubaka #SniperLife #Yetti

#Can'tSpellCan'tDrive

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

be nice wicka posted:

jon noble and others reporting that the mclaren board meeting has ended without any decision being made

my take: hahahahahahaha

Jesus Christ, get your poo poo together McLaren. Flip a loving coin if you have to.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Jedit posted:

So you don't think three months comatose with probable disability isn't enough? Should they add a 10 place grid drop?

I think he meant more that the FIA should be blaming themselves for not enforcing drivers not slowing down during double waved yellows. Had they enforced that rule from the start, Bianchi wouldn't be in a position to be "going too fast", he wouldn't have crashed/wouldn't have hit the loader/at such a great speed, and he wouldn't be in a coma.

They are race car drivers after all, and race car drivers are children. If you give them an inch they'll take 1000 miles.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
I want to see another LIFE engine. Or another Porsche air-cooled flat 12, or something else equally as nuts.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Every single picture of him makes him look like the smuggest prick in the world.

I love F1.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
You loving idiot.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
It looks awful.

Having said that, I want every car to be black and grey/silver/chrome because it's what this poo poo sport deserves.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
1977 Hesketh is the best livery. It's got a lady on the side and front.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

FuzzySkinner posted:

I just saw a mercedes ad featuring a very old GP car going against a 2015 sedan they have out.

My dumbass question is this and simply this.

I see that they were at some form of a track that has an insane amount of banking. Where the hell is this? It wasn't Monza, I know that for drat sure.

Might've been Nardo

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Sashimi posted:

So I saw on facebook that Merc had just announced their DTM lineup for this year and I couldn't help but notice that their drivers look like bizarro versions of Nico and Lewis.

Mercedes trusting the swirl to get them on the podium.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

quote:

Button was finishing top 5 every other race at the end of the season, compared to around 10th at the start, and they've fixed all of the massive downforce imbalance issues and reduced the drag they had last season from the high nose and butterfly suspension

I wouldn't be surprised with them managing second place with the Merc engine.

hahaha, Reddit :golfclap:

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

:monocle:

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

be nice wicka posted:

"deliberately hiding your ability" by having the best long-run pace of anyone in the test, almost perfect reliability, and a visibly well-balanced car. gently caress's sake

Also the highest trap speed. Those clown at Mercedes really are sandbagging. What a bunch of clowns.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Human Grand Prix posted:

Pack it in Ron.

McLarsen is the best F1 team. I'm Ron Dunnis beep boop.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

Fwiw my uncle is a nazi with senior in his title and he said that is shite

fwiw my shite is a senior with nazi in his title and he said that is uncle.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Human Grand Prix posted:

Does Marussia/Manor even have a suitable chassis at this point?

I think they are going to try to get special dispensation from FOM or the FIA or someone to use their 2014 car.

[edit] yeah they are.

quote:

“The Formula 1 commission meet on Thursday and they should agree to allow Marussia, or Manor as we should call them, to use last year’s car in the 2015 world championship. I understand that this deal has finally been agreed because Marussia have been allowed to keep their prize money from the 2014 season, which has effectively halved their debts.”

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

There are some great stories in that article:

quote:

“I had my 21st birthday party the day after the 1964 British GP, and just about the entire F1 grid came. BP were making a film about Mike Hailwood and wanted to show him relaxing, so they said they’d foot the bill if we let a film crew in. But the crew got so plastered they were incapable of doing any filming. BP had to pay for another party and and do it all again.

and

quote:

“Just before midnight I was passing the pits when I felt the right rear tyre go flat. The worst place – a whole lap to get back to the pits. I slowed right down, but you think you’re crawling and you’re probably still doing 100mph. On the Mulsanne there were sparks coming out the back, and I thought, I’m going to have to change this tyre. The Ferraris carried a spare wheel and a tool kit with jack, hammer and torch, so halfway down the straight I pulled onto the verge. I was crawling about at the back with cars coming past at two hundred and something miles an hour. I got the back open, found the torch – and the battery was dud. So I just had the passing headlights to see by. I got the hammer and waited for some lights and then took a swipe at the knock-off hubcap – and the head came off the hammer and disappeared. So I thought I’d get the thing jacked up and try to get the wheel off with one of the spanners. Then I found they’d forgotten to put the jack in..."

are my favourites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
I didn't think you could fit 5 people in a golf cart, but there you have it.

• Locked thread