Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I have no strong feelings about the outcome of the Championship. I am happy to see a Williams return to form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

The Scud will rise again.

It's a wise move.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Wasn't that guy in charge of selling Ducatos in NA or something? Always seemed like odd choice for F1 manager.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I love Honda.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
If the thing about the 2015 car being even worse is true :holymoley:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
"Ferrari is the soul of F1" - Senna.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

MattD1zzl3 posted:

"I want to keep my options open if this williams thing doesnt pan out" - Sennas Internal monologue when he said that dumb poo poo.

Well, he was right about Williams.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

"Italians work wonders when they get their u know what kicked and literally strive when they’re close to the precipice."

Lol.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Replace Vettel with Adderly Fong, IMO.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Tough choice. I'd go for the Martini one as it's simple and clean-looking, and also doesn't glorify British fake champion Nigel Moronsell.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Cevert is my homeboy though.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Both of them are bad drivers.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I actually thought Vettel was talented, and it wasn't just the car. I mean, he was faster than Webber right? Then I realized that was never the case, and Webber is embarrassingly bad.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
3 laps.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Well, the first Honda Turbo in the Spirit was piece of crap too so eh.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress off.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

be nice wicka posted:

do you know what testing is for?

i'll give you a hint:

it's testing

Still, I'm not expecting this engine to set the world on fire. Maybe it will set the car on fire.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Honda should shoehorn the engine into one of the Super Formula cars and let one of their Japanese drivers have a crack at it.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I do know back in the day Williams built a chassis solely for Nakajima to drive in Japan, I think testing should be allowed if the driver in question does not participate in any GPs.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
A shame too because in power terms they were probably class of the field.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Sashimi posted:

For what it's worth Ericsson only beat Kobayashi twice when both cars finished, and one of those times was Monaco where Kobayashi's car was damaged.

I think towards the end of the season Kobayashi lacked motivation - he was loving nowhere at Suzuka.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dudley posted:

Looks like the Hulk might have landed a seat in the 3rd Porsche at LeMans.

Multi-discipline F1 drivers are back. This is excellent.

https://twitter.com/NicoHulkenberg

Well safety has improved now so it is less likely that a Bellof or Winkelhock situation will occur.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
David Guetta is a virtuoso.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
"I misinterpreted the rules."

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

El Hefe posted:

Lewis Hamilton is gayer than Kanye West and about as much as a gangsta as him too.

I wanna be like Kayne.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I don't care about Vettel anymore.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Rene Arnoux had the best helmet.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
All the greats had their own techniques. Prost had mind games (i.e. Balestre),Senna had the engine supplier build bespoke engines for him, Piquet called your wife fat.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I don't understand the Japanese infatuation with Senna.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

I love the story where the Honda guy was explaining why Senna's engine just seemed like it was more powerful than Prost's, except everyone noticed that he was calling Senna by his first name, and not Prost.

Honda CEO: "The power is all in the midrange"

Ron Dennis: "Seems legit"

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

I believe its brazilians in general. The only reason McLaren and Senna got the Honda engine was that Honda was quite pissed that Piquet wasn't given total #1 status at Williams. Once Piquet left Honda pulled the plug on Williams.

But of course according to the Senna doc Our Patron Saint of Motorsports Ayrton Senna never held any advantage over Prost. The older I get the more I lean towards Prost being the better driver...

In Honda's defense, I wouldn't want to give engines to Nigel Mansell either.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Miku McLaren 2015.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

be nice wicka posted:

describing bianchi as rubbish is pretty patently bullshit

The Marussia clearly had some promise.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dudley posted:

And that 21 year old doesn't have the experience of a 25 year old either.

These days, kids have been racing since they were 5. That 16 year old has the experience of a 25 year old joining the grid 20 years ago.

Unless something changes drastically it's also pretty uncommon for sub-20 year old drivers to make it onto the grid unless they are extraordinarily talented and have the right connections.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

MustardFacial posted:

Kamui Kobayashi MWDC every year.

He's #1 in my mind.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

Wasn't the flat 12 a Subaru?

Also wasn't Toyota's base of operations in Germany? That worked out pretty good.

The Flat-12 was a Subaru, designed by Carlo Chiti, ex-Ferrari (and Alfa?) guy I think. There was no Japanese involvement other than money. Porsche made a horrible V12 in 1991 for Footwork.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Riso posted:

The problem was lovely Japanese management.

I read what Gascoyne had to go through and he basically summed it up as "I wanted to win races, Toyota did not". That being said, they actually produced a decent car sometimes, the TF109 was almost there.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Cojawfee posted:

We need some other kind of major manufacturer to join in. Though unlike rally and endurance racing, formula 1 is entirely worthless aside from advertising your CNC machining business.

Indeed. Toyota 2016.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
They hosed up the chassis again, didn't they.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Uniqlo McLaren.

• Locked thread