Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Whitey Ford posted:

Boring boring boring hahaha stealing bananas and skin cream. Literally dollars worth of theft, possibly tens of dollars.

You're bachelordom is showing.

Some of the unguents women rub on themselves might as well be made from raw platinum if the cost is anything to be going by.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Whitey Ford posted:

Hilarious. Living up to your username.

I'm actually an ex-pat with a family, driver and nanny.

So you're wife bathes in this like it ain't no thang then?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Whitey Ford posted:

Who do you think I am? Ralph Schumacher?

I have to work hard to put bananas in the nanny.

FTFY.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Mimetic posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/misc.php?action=whoposted&threadid=3616451

Four time WDC Alain Prost takes the top spot with a tremendous 928 posts, beating out second place poster learnincurve by over 100 posts.

I am the Valterri Bottas of the Worst Thread.

I can live with that.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

aequalis posted:

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but time for something only tangentially related to F1: Aussie cricketer Phil Hughes passed away today as a result of complications with head trauma received during a match on Wednesday (a bouncer hit him at the base of his skull behind his ear).

Head injuries are not to be hosed with.

#ForzaJules
#KeepFightingMichael

Ah nuts I hadn't heard that he'd died. What anm awful way to go, nutted by a cricket ball. Naturally, I feel bad for the family, but man I really do pity the bowler. :sigh:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Martin Brundle has just tweeted that standing restarts after a safety car have been dropped as well as double points next year. Hurray.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

AgentJotun posted:

https://f1metrics.wordpress.com/2014/11/26/2014-model-based-driver-rankings/

Interesting article. I like it most because it shows Alonso is on the level of 90's Schumacher relative to their competitors.

Unfortunately, this is the same guy who rated Senna 19th out of 60, behind such fantastic drivers as Heinz Harald Frentzen and Jochen Rindt. He also rated Jacques Villeneuve above Gilles, by a wide margin. Also Mikka Hakkinen was 56th.

In short, his modelling is poo poo.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Nov 27, 2014

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

jazzyhattrick posted:

Anybody who is competing, has competed or ever will compete in formula 1 is a massive cheat and fraud.

Jim Clark, Jackie Stewart and lets not forget Stirling Moss, who gave up a WDC by being honest. :colbert:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Cojawfee posted:

It sort of does. You can be good enough to drive a car fast, but there's no way a 16 year old has been racing long enough to have the wheel to wheel racing experience that someone 21 years old might have.

I hesitate to make comparisons between 2 wheels and 4, but I'm going to do it anyway.

Counterpoint; Marc Marquez. Good enough to carve up people with a decade of experience on him while he was a teenager, in a sport where I would argue the consequences of a mistake are more likely to result in serious injury.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

We need to get all these bored billionaire wankers to throw money at F1 teams instead of boats.

The idea that in the year of our Lord two thousand and fourteen, some rear end in a top hat will spend 200 million on a thing powered by wind is absurd.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

krushgroove posted:

what the hell are we going to talk about in this thread until the start of the season?

Formula E. :v:

:negative:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Cactrot posted:

Haha, no.

I don't think Button would beat Alonso over the course of the season, but I expect he'd do better than most expect. Better than Kimi or Massa ever did against him anyway. Especially if the car was nicely balanced. If it was a bit unruly I'd expect Alonso to be measurably better.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Kamui is no worse than half the pay drivers in the field and can be very exciting to watch when given a car that can stand up in the mid field. He's also pretty popular so I don't understand why he can't get enough cash behind him. It's a shame.

I hope when Honda stops being a McLaren exclusive they look around and realize they should have a Japanese driver in a Japanese powered car and he comes back.

But he probably won't. :smith:

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Dec 9, 2014

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Wirth1000 posted:

Jesus gently caress, never read /r/formula1 ever. Holy.... poo poo. :stare:

You can't post like this and not bring back a Shitmans Sampler for the rest of us. :colbert:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Your link is broken but I'd hazard a guess and say it's a link to my posts.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Yeah it worked for me now. Don't know if it was awful betamax throwing a fit or my phone just refusing to list all my bad posts at once for fear of melting.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Wirth1000 posted:

Marussia came, inflicted two serious head injuries, then left. That's a pretty good record for such a relatively short time.

Wait, what? What was the one aside from Bianchi?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Oh right. I was thinking of race drivers and blanked her out. Sorry Maria. :sadwave:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Uncle Jam posted:

Ickx pretty much said he didn't want to win.

Didn't want that WDC anyway. :rolleyes:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Butt Wizard posted:

According to the Autosport Forums, there is BIG F1 NEWS afoot.

Did Bernie die?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

keevo posted:

I know it's the Daily Mail but they're saying that it's going to be Button and Alonso next year. They're also saying that Ron Dennis only kept him because Honda and other shareholders like him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...nso-season.html

It is the daily fail, but that outcome and the reasons behind it are entirely plausible.

I'd be fine with that line up.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Kilmers Elbow posted:

Meh....we were all :fap: about Alonso/Raikkonen and that turned out to be a damp fart.

Yeah but that was Kimi going into Alonso's turf. Button knows the current team, car and design philosophy and has built a relationship with them over the last 4 years. I expect Alonso will get things his way soon enough, but there's still a settling in period where Button might have a slight edge.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

If Nando had a neck he'd be the tallest there.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Cojawfee posted:

Does anyone need an avatar?

:aaaaa:

Not ready for a new one yet though. Somebody else should totally take it.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Residency Evil posted:

Sometimes I wonder how people so rich can dress so poorly.

It's hobo chic. Don't try to understand.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

New topic, can we refer to Super Seb as the Scud Stud now?

No. Not now, not ever.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Dudley posted:

Bingo. He's bullying them into cheaper supply contracts.

Which would actually be good for the sport. I don't get it this is Bernie. He sups with Satan, why is he doing something apparently good?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Wirth1000 posted:

I mean, good loving lord, look at that haircut. Gets me every single time.

I'm pretty sure Ron mandated a page boy cut, but had to settle for that in the contract negotiations.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

:agreed:

This is the same guy who still wants to effectively have his "technical partners" do all the research heavy lifting. He really does just want to buy off the shelf bits, slap it together in his factory and then race it. Somehow he wants to win with that strategy too.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

serious gaylord posted:

Surprise of suprises. Korea has been swiftly dropped from the calender.

It was only ever put on as a work around to allow 6 engines in a season instead of 5.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

Forgive my ignorance. ....bacon briefcases?

A thing that serves no function and is entirely pointless (if delicious to contemplate). Much like speculating about the outcome of the upcoming F1 season.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

In retrospect, I should have known.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I would be surprised if any other manufacturers join up under the current regulations considering the noises being made about changing them as early as 2017.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Mimetic posted:

Don't you remember Darth Cookie's old avatar?

That was a good interview and a good avatar.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Brainwrong posted:

I got a PS4 over 12 months ago and all I have used it for is to play that Trials motorbike game and watch Netflix/iPlayer/Amazon

I got Driveclub a few days ago as it was dirt cheap. That's quite enjoyable, but it's no Forza. Project Cars is coming out soon and that looks quite swanky.

Other than that, every game that's ever been released is absolute shite. Unless you like those silly running around shooty bang games where 12 year olds call your mum a slag.

My wife enjoys Dragon Age: Inquisition. :shrug:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I thought the dick noses had been made illegal this year? Yes they are certainly shorter, but there are now two cars sporting a micro penis.

The technical term is "chode" :eng101:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Dubs posted:

Who won monaco in a red bull?

Both Webber and the Fraud.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I just picked up Jackie Stewart's "winning is not enough" book. Am I in for a good read?

Yes. I own it and enjoyed it.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

be nice wicka posted:

what is the square between mobil and CNN

Fernando Alonso

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Dubs posted:

Ron just announced that the current livery is just for testing and we should expect a different look, and different sponsor, for the first race.

Test results: failed.

Back to the drawing board with that minger.

• Locked thread