Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
this is actually the best japanese engined f1 car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Human Grand Prix posted:

5 minute lap time.

and yet was only the second slowest car in 1990

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Pablo Bluth posted:

It looks like is is doing Indy Lights this year with an eye to Indycar in '16. His bank balance talent and expertise is going to help Carlin's USA expansion plan.

lol at going from f1 to indylights

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Wirth1000 posted:

Holy gently caress, I just remembered Vettel won 4 world championships in a row.

better than senna

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Alain Post posted:

Heinz-Harald Frentzen made a title run in 1999 with a Jordan, which was cool.

i dunno why i forgot about that considering the end of 1999 was actually quite interesting

the European Grand Prix that year is probably the most hosed up race ever; and the only bad thing about it was that Badoer broke down while catching up the leaders

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

it should be banned for teams that aren't mercedes to have a silver car imo

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Cojawfee posted:

Haas f1 would be blue next year.

lol at the haas f1 team ever getting on track

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

nah, f1 hasn't cancelled their first event a month before it was supposed to happen so its collapse is a few years off yet

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

I thought that Stefan Johansson finished third for rial but he actually did that for Onyx, another forgotten late 80s F1 team.

I'd take 39 cars trying to qualify for each race tbh

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

RALF posted:

I kinda liked it when Mika Häkkinen and David Coulthard sponsored McLaren

bloody ridebuyers

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

be nice wicka posted:

autosport's gary anderson was asked how to improve F1 and came up, yet again, with the worst idea ever

thanks gary let's introduce the chase for the cup while we're at it

The only somewhat good idea in that is limiting the number of people that can work on the car in the pits; and I doubt that would do a whole lot in saving money since pit crew salaries probably aren't a particularly big share of an F1 team budget

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

to be fair; Schumacher did kinda vettell his first championship by having a car far better than anyone else - it took him being banned from two races and disqualified from two more for the championship to be competitive

although he did take ferrari from being a lovely team that hadn't won a championship in years and managed to win five and could have won three more if it wasn't for the world's shittest move at Jerez, a tyre blowout at Suzuka which happens to be the first f1 related thing that i can clearly remember and ferrari's first engine failure in years at Suzuka

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

AgentJotun posted:

Not sure if your taking the piss or what. Schumi won the 94 championship because he was head and shoulders better then anyone else that season, and for about the next ten seasons really. Don't give me any bullshit about Hakkinen who had frequent problems beating DC of all people.

90's Schumacher was about the theoretical equivalent of Alonso vs a grid full of Nelson Piquet Jrs.

nah are damon was better

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

hulme was apparently the first f1 champion to die of natural causes: he had a heart attack while driving in the Bathurst 1000

he had the advantage of having the repco in the last year that it was competitive while the DFV and the Lotus 49 was going through its teething troubles. That Brabham wasn't a particularly advanced car: it was the last space frame car to win an F1 championship and the Repco engine was based on an Oldsmobile road car engine. Its a perfect example of a simple uncomplicated car winning out over more complicated equipment.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

F1 will have six cars by the end of the year

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Australia 1994 to understand the apparent blood feud that people like my Dad have for Michael Schumacher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

El Hefe posted:

Watching Australia 94 and drat Adelaide was an awful track, it looked like one of those awful CART tracks.

you are very, very wrong

• Locked thread