Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

Brainwrong posted:

Merry Christmas everyone

"Good Cheer" made my Christmas morning, thanks bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
lmao at the eternal shame of having the word "Blackberry" tattooed to your body.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JExVC_2Ayng

*No footage of the 2015 car shown.

*mashes close tab button as fast as possible*

Also lol at McLaren having ads in their Youtubes. Guess the bank accounts aren't in as such good standing as they were a few years ago.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
Thanks for posting it again, more Vettel, MORE.

Horny Horner says right in the quote that he "probably" thought of quitting, it sounds like just speculation to me.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
lol what a boring loving car, lol @ all the people who were hoping for something radically different.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
Yeah but it's ugly wicka

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
What does #SizeZeroF1Car mean, please explain to me Wicka or somebody thank you.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

Sulman posted:

Giancarlo Minardi knows what F1 on a shoestring is like, and as usual brings some sense: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117635

F1 has always treated its privateers like poo poo, not recognising they are where everything big in the sport comes from.

actually who loving cares about small teams. he just repeatedly says "if they're not at the back of the field, a bigger team will be" (no poo poo). f1 is dying anyway but acting like marussia matters is dumb as hell. HRT's "Cool Spot" was the best thing to come out of the shithouse new teams and who the hell is going to remember anything of them in a few years beyond that and the fact that they killed jules bianchi, rip.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
"let me just say some dumb rear end poo poo and see if wicka will defend it on an internet forum for some reason"

-- ran dennis, MacLaren

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
It's 480P here, but isn't that just a repost of a pretty old video from Ferrari? Maybe that's why it's a lower quality.

edit: here you go, 1080P from Ferrari directly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac8o3yRoFIo

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
Ferrari is wasting vital development time developing sick & nasty concept F1 cars aimed at massive regulation changes.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117711

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
Wicka called it bad so now it's the best thing ever.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
I'm not British so maybe I'm just not overly desensitized to stuffy language, but the press release itself just seems so oddly worded, too.

McLaren posted:

Fernando’s doctors acknowledge that he feels fit and well, and that he regards himself as ready to race, and, that being the case, they are comfortable with the fact that he has already recommenced physical training, with a view to preparing for a return to the cockpit of his McLaren-Honda car for the Malaysian Grand Prix meeting on March 27th, 28th and 29th. Indeed, his doctors are supportive of that ambition, satisfied as they are that he sustained no damage whatsoever during his testing accident on February 22nd.

I mean, there's PR-speak and then there's whatever the gently caress that is.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

track day bro! posted:

Also lol at all the tryhard gigantic essay poo poo in this thread nobody will read.

Who is this poo poo even for? Us idiots in the thread already know everything about the sport.

Do we really think some newbies are going to wander into the thread to read 1000-word treatises on each driver, team, and track? lmao. Make an OP that says "Welcome to the F1 thread, if u don't know about anything here's some info for you: Wikipedia.org and Google.com now let's enjoy the season fellas!" That's all you need and that's the extent that anyone will actually read anyway.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

Wirth1000 posted:

I heard you intentionally spread AIDS.

Can't wait for Ferrari to finally own so hard again this year with Vettel at the wheel. Ferrari owns.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
I'm not a huge betting guy because I am from a place that didn't allow it, but I just found out that Taiwan's official Sports Lottery does betting on F1 and I found the odds for the constructor's championship interesting.

Mercedes 1:1.03 (not even bettable)
Ferrari/Williams 1:10
McLaren/Red Bull 1:25
"Any Other" 1:200
Lotus 1:250

What did Lotus in particular do to deserve even worse odds than Sauber/Toro Rosso/Whatever other shitbox backmarker teams show up?

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

be nice wicka posted:

i like how people complain about the costs of F1 and poo poo and then openly hope for the one of the longest-running small teams to fail. good work team

this is beyond wicka-level stupid. i've got nothing against sauber and there was a time when they were a cool team so they have that going for them. but if they're signing people to bunk contracts just to basically wring money out of idiot paydrivers, that's pretty lovely and not a sustainable plan at all. i especially don't give a gently caress about van door guard or whatever his name is but if sauber really did basically take his money and then not hold up their end of the bargain, then i hope they get hosed.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
Listen guys, I know Sauber pretty much literally created Hitler but it's an unfair sport and the small teams gotta do what they can to survive.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
Sauber intercepts food and water shipments to famine and drought stricken children in Africa, but they need to sell that water and food to make enough money to keep the team afloat in this rough patch. If you don't like this, you don't support small teams in F1. Wake up to reality, idiots.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
Sauber may have been responsible for 9/11, but that's basically the same poo poo every team in F1 has had to do at some point to stay afloat. If you don't support Sauber's actions you're a piece of poo poo.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
Man, McLaren are a bad team, what do you think wicka?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
*goons tripping over each other to demonstrate their knowledge of glorious nihongo*

• Locked thread