Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Tsaedje posted:

..but reserve a special hatred for everything Ferrari..

I managed to shed my special hatred of Ferrari when Alonso climbed on board, now he's gone I can resume cackling with glee any time they do something stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enri
Dec 16, 2003

:stare:

I'd totally get behind F1 cars looking that mental.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Sulman posted:

I'm pleased worst thread dislikes Collantine. He became unbearable about five years ago for me. Suddenly got very full of himself on Twitter.

Seconding this, got exactly that same impression, around about the same kind of timeframe too.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

WhoNeedsAName posted:

He's right... 1. Schumacher wasn't a fraud and 2. Vettel isn't a vegetable (yet)

I don't know, he does a pretty good impression of one most of the time

enri
Dec 16, 2003

testing schmesting, the only positive thing about testing is that it means we're only 3 weeks away from Melbourne :toot:

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Let's talk about how much of a fraud Vettel is instead :D

I sincerely hope Vettel doesn't have much success at Ferrari, not out of spite, but more because I'm running out of energy to hate the guy. I need a new villain.

Hamilton will do I think. Boo fraud Hamilton.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Brainwrong posted:

Finland's Damon Hill.

As a fan of Damon.. and of Kimi... I like this, I am stealing it forever and claiming it as my own.

edit: Lewis/Nicole drama, this is about the only way my wife will show an interest in F1.. "is he back together with Nicole?"

:sigh:

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Dubs posted:

will manor race for manor in 2015

Really?.. no one upped this with "Will Will Manor race for Manor in 2015?" - ffs thread, low hanging fruits and all that, you all disappoint me.

Norns posted:

I don't care what anyone says. This is the best thread.

This thread is like a pendulum.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Kilmers Elbow posted:

'Devoid of all injuries.'

:spergin:

e: How's the weather, Ron? - "The atmosphere is absent all rain"

"...though we are expectant of a significant increase in the precipitation index post meridian, when we shall begin verification to ensure the wet weather setup is fully optimised and aligned with our own expectations and those of our shareholders"

#BlessedRonD

enri
Dec 16, 2003

be nice wicka posted:

joe's award is doing an AMA on the f1 reddit

...is god real, guys?

cannot wait to see the inevitable tantrums and meltdown captured for all to see

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Nando! :(

FFS Mclaren, get your poo poo together

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Abner Assington posted:

I am having this issue where I like Fernando Alonso but am kind of loathing McLaren and if he's out for the Australian GP I don't know whom to cheer for. Help.

Hating on mclaren is like taking a cheap dig at the kid with downs at school, it's just cruel, so you just ignore them and pretend they're not there.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Can we get some clarification here?..

Hond-owns :cool:

or

Hon-downs :downs:

enri
Dec 16, 2003

JFairfax posted:

Fernando Alonso 'thought he was in 1995' after pre-season crash

Spanish driver reportedly lost the memory of the last 20 years of his life following smash in testing

JFairfax posted:

He was probably a little upset when he found out what had actually happened

Then hopefully he'll have forgotten this:

Which can only mean one thing, now he has that monkey off his back... Fernando Alonso WDC 2015

I'm going to slip a tenner on that.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

JFairfax posted:

he's regressed to the state of a 13 year old who just wants to drive fast cars and likes animes.

So, Toro Rosso now interested in signing him up for next season?...

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Wirth1000 posted:

9 days you pieces of utter poo poo.

Woohoo! :toot:

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Brainwrong posted:

It's nice that you guys have a countdown going for my birthday.

#blessed

Aww our little Brainwrong is all grown up :ohdear: I.. I think I'm going to cry *sniff*

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Norns posted:

Alright I'm going mental waiting for the first GP. What classic races should I watch to keep sane till then. Gunna have time for a good hand full of races since I'm on vacation next week.

I've only seen the 2014 season. Canada 2011 and really that's about it.

Watch Canada 2011 again.. and again... and again :)

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Norns posted:

Looks like I'm going to do a best of Kimi playlist.

"I was having a poo poo"

enri
Dec 16, 2003

thegasman2000 posted:

Right riso you get force India! Different enough to annoy but with so much mclaren crossover it's repetitive.

I reckon Alonso's will be short. Died on preseason see worst thread for details.

See previous worst thread for details... or as it will be known by its full title, the previously worst but now second worst thread

enri
Dec 16, 2003

I got a driver I genuinely forgot existed, awesome, I can just write a load of bollocks in the hope that everyone else has forgotten about him too :v:

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Rhopunzel posted:

notice me

here's my thing for Carlos Sainz Jr, tell me if it's too long/short/crappy or feel free to edit/cut whatever

Son of two time WRC champion Carlos Sainz, Carlos "Chilli" Sainz Jr. is one of two new additions to the constant new driver carousel that is Toro Rosso. Like all products of the Red Bull driver programme, he has a single season to prove he's good enough to displace a driver in the Red Bull team or risks facing a career in Formula E, WEC, or some other shitass series no one cares about. Is afraid of really high places with glass.

Looks ok to me, but that's because I got an incredibly forgettable Swede (sorry Swedes) so I can't write much either :v:

notice me!

Marcus Ericcson

Completely forgettable driver, somehow managed to secure a drive for his second season in F1 despite no one actually remembering who he drove for in 2014 or remembering him achieving anything of note, possibly comes pre-installed with lots of money. He won some GP2 races a while back. Desperately needs to sort that hair out. Slightly reminds me of that twat Joffrey from Game of Thrones.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Windmill Hut posted:

Going to my first GP this weekend, i'll be there on the Saturday. Anyone got tips on the best places to watch with a general admission ticket?

I've just had a proper stupid moment, I was about to ask which race.

This morning I went and put qualifying and the race on to record. Feels good. Not far off now :toot:

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Ok, Sauber are dealing with some contract poo poo with VDG (hosed if I'm trying to spell htat) and Sutil, Force India are having cash flow troubles... Marussia are going to be on the grid for Australia?

Can someone please tell me how many teams I can expect to see in a race this year please, I'm confused as gently caress. We lost Caterham right?... and almost Marussia but they're now definitely back.. and.. is that 11 teams still? or am I completely forgetting some other forgettable hack team that we lost?

I can't keep up with teams coming and going at the moment, feel like I might have missed something important by generally not giving a gently caress about them in the first place.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Sulman posted:

Sauber, Force India, and I think Renault/Lotus (they'll always be Renault to me) got an advance from Bernie to help get them to Oz. I expect Manor had some help too.

The only team we really lost was Caterham, but the others are definitely on the critical list for the year. My guess is (I'm usually wrong) they'll either be bought or go bust this year.

Cool, thanks for the summary :)

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Diet Crack posted:

Notice Me

Mandatory for the OP

footage of a GP2 car?... there's a better slow-mo of the now dead Caterham of Heikki "blink and you'll miss him" Kovalainen almost hitting a bird during testing or something.

edit: but it's an interesting point.. let's cram the OP with lots of the slow-mo tyre wobbles the race feed directors seem so loving keen to show us every drat loving race.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Just been going through TLTIJA's post on rules changes, because I never pay attention in the off-season to all this poo poo and like to catch up just before the season gets underway.. this one delights me:

quote:

As in 2014 lapped drivers may ‘unlap’ themselves by passing the safety car. However, the safety car will now no longer need to wait until the lapped cars have regained the tail of the field before heading to pit lane.

..thank gently caress, Martin Brundle will be pleased... along with millions of viewers who cannot stomach the thought of him moaning about it every time the safety car comes out.

edit: for anyone that gives a monkeys -> http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2015/03/looking-ahead-to-melbourne-key-rule-changes-for-2015/

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Riso posted:

There's at least four drivers claiming to have valid contracts with Sauber:

Ericsson
Nasr
Van der Garde
Sutil

I'm a sauber driver and so's my wife

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Our Damon in an Arrows coming so so close.. heartbreaking race that was :(

As well as Button's first win there, he won there on his 200th grand prix a few years back or so (I want to say 2011?) - I love Hungary, but I'm British so obviously I'm biased.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

gret posted:

e: it's out now as an update to the existing 2014 app.

It's been a while since I bothered with the app, is it worth using whatever freebies they give you or do you have to pony up cash for the good stuff? and just to sanity check, the paid stuff does include a 'run the live timing later on' kinda thing doesn't it? I don't often get to watch races live because I have two kids who devour my weekend, so the old freebie live timing app was next to useless for watching the race later on in the day.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Bravo Sauber! :golfclap:

Got to love the off-track drama of this ridiculous sport.

Stupid question... Hamilton's number is 44, on that document he has '44'.. now drivers have their own chosen numbers, can they opt to keep their own number in the season where they are the current reigning world champ? or will he still have a '1' on the car but be listed as driver number 44?

Hrm.

edit: also, what was the rumoured cut-off point where the other teams would have to provide three cars? Was it less than 18 cars or something like that?

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Riso posted:

The WDC can choose One or his own number. ARE LEWIS chose his own number.
Teams have to provide three cars if they are only eight teams on grid.

Dudley posted:

Yep, short version, it happens if we lose Manor and Sauber.

Now, better question, I don't know if it kicks in straight away or only at the start of a season.

Riso posted:

Start of a season. Horny Horner said a single car costs 30-40 mill. Even if we lost both teams however, thanks to HAAS F1, 2016 will have nine teams.

Thanks both :) didn't know Hamilton had opted for his own number over taking '1'... #humble #blessed

nsaP posted:

Ron Dennis should never apologize.

He probably worded it in such a way as to appear to be apologising to the common man, but dig deeper into the words and their meaning and he's probably actually telling everyone smugly to gently caress off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enri
Dec 16, 2003

I've been watching F1 since 1994.... today marks the first time I've bothered to watch a drivers press conference in its entirety. Holy poo poo that was the most awkward half hour of TV I think I've ever watched.

Also.. I... think I might hate Vettel a little less than usual. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's the red he was wearing?

• Locked thread