Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

The Croc posted:

Its highlights were that year webber spun out in the wet and when they sent a fire truck down that long straight when the cars were at racing speed.

The Fire Jeep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk-k-y_fxwo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Brainwrong posted:

I wasn't aware, mainly because I don't care about another useless team that brings nothing to the sport other than tears, sorrow, humiliation and disgrace.

I think you'll find they will also engage heavily in tax evasion, a celebrated F1 past time.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Human Grand Prix posted:

No. Even in death nobody could catch him. Best Champion.

Ickx pretty much said he didn't want to win. Plus he was fried toasty in the first race and sucked poo poo for a while. And the 3rd place man didn't even start in most of the race. 1970 worst WDC.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Wirth1000 posted:

Actually, Rindt owns pretty hard and, while I was joking, I don't think you are and I don't appreciate your disrespectful tone towards the deceased.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryWOdB2tREM

It's in Austrian but just skip around for interviews in English not to mention great '60s/'70 footage of just driving an F1 car through town in order to get to the track.

Nah, he was pretty bad.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Wirth1000 posted:

Why don't you come over here and say that to my face?

You're always puking.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

George Zimmer posted:

I get why the series wants to focus on city circuits because of the whole green angle, but I hope they'll include road courses in the future.

The companies funding Formula E want to have their electrical vehicle infrastructure installed in the downtown areas of cities, so they can reap the benefits of that after the race is over. So they're all going to be downtown.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
The strong pedigree of Leyland

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
A harlequin baby that managed to survive apparently.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Wirth1000 posted:

Can someone just make a Formula E thread? All this talk about an electric car series is making me even more depressed than I already am.

All the cool stuff like WEC are in the Misc thread, all the trash series are here buddy.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Alain Post posted:

Remember when someone said Ron Dennis sabotaged Michael Andretti, that was really good.

Why are you trying to make him appear in this thread

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
If Vettel wins in a Ferrari I'll become a Ferrari fan

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Dumb Username posted:

Btw, does kingfisher airlines still exist?

By early 2012, the airline accumulated losses of over INR70 billion (US$1.1 billion) with half of its fleet grounded and several members of its staff going on strike. Kingfisher's position in top Indian airlines on the basis of market share had slipped to last from 2 because of the crisis. In December 2011, for the second time in two months, Kingfisher's bank accounts were frozen by the Mumbai Income Tax department for non-payment of dues. Kingfisher Airlines owes INR70 crore (US$11 million) to the service tax department.[19] Indian tax body also stated that Kingfisher Airlines is delinquent[20] On 20 October 2012, Kingfisher's licence was suspended by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation after it failed to address the Indian regulator's concerns about its operations.[21] On 25 February 2013, its international flying rights and domestic slots were scrapped by the Indian aviation authorities.[22]
In July 2014, Kingfisher Airlines has appeared as the country's top NPA after it has failed to repay loans of over Rs 4,000 crore borrowed mainly from state-owned banks.[23]

Seems legit

Edit: ahaha they had 67 AirBus 320s on order what the poo poo. They just tried to buy all new planes for a new airline gg

Uncle Jam fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Feb 6, 2015

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Human Grand Prix posted:

RIP F1 Rejects.

Edit: Speaking of which it's Roberto Moreno's birthday.

Car Sport Rejects
@f1rejects
Fan site no longer paying tribute to the Heroic Failures of a popular form of motorsport. Not affiliated or endorsed in any way by Formula 1.

Did F1 shut them down? Crazy.

Oh, they're not shutting down forever, looks like they are just relaunching a new name:
GP Rejects
@gprejects
Reincarnating the Reject spirit! We are not affiliated to anything whatsoever. Especially you, FOM. #GPRLaunch

Uncle Jam fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Feb 12, 2015

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Human Grand Prix posted:

Not yet. I don't know if the profiles are salvageable because the main site was "infected with a virus". One of the original guys called it quits.

Couldn't someone crawl the google cache or wayback machine? Losing those would suck, because the profiles were well written.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
A little bird told me Alonso could miss Australia.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
You mean Simona brought a real deal amount of money to Sauber and when she couldn't pay anymore, got kicked out. She's been awful in open wheel so far.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Sulman posted:

Huh? She had a very good Indycar run with KV.

I guess if you consider 13th out of 19 full time drivers in a pretty weak series talent wise good?

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

The Croc posted:

Alonso not racing in Australia. K Mag in the seat. Ron Dennis thinking of new plans to snuff out the pesky Spaniard.

I told you guys, a long time ago.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
Japan F3 series?

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
I'm really glad that F1 superstar Ralf Schumacher and wash out Prost is posting with us in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
That's actually Rosberg's desk but Bernie already negotiated for it to be given to him for free. Makes the nazi helmet more understandable.

• Locked thread