Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle

Parelle - Goddess of Travel, Lady of the Hearth, Last of the Twelve

+2 Travel - Probably the only people who have ever fervently prayed to Parelle are people who are hopelessly lost or are on a dangerous stretch of road. If you're trying to get from point A to point B then Parelle is your go to deity.

+2 Warmth - Sadly she didn't inherit her brother Lugh's powers over fire, but she can (mostly) keep you from freezing to death. That's something, right?

+2 Hope - Someone to believe in you when you don't, spurning you to act when you have nothing left. It's a sweet lie, but it's the sort that gets you out of bed when you rationally have a finite number of tomorrows to look forward to.

+2 Food and Drink - From fine food near a warm fire to a few rat gnawed frozen crusts, the fact that someone may find food or spirits when they reasonably could not be expected to could very well be attributed to Parelle stuffing your packs and larders.

-2 Nonviolent - Parelle's siblings were the ones that did the fighting, though often it was among themselves. As the youngest and the least of the children she always made appeals to her older brothers and sisters when she needed defending. Now that they are all dead she is quickly growing to realize that while she has no problem with violence, she has absolutely no idea how to inflict it on others.

-2 Not Taken Seriously - Parelle has this problem with being all carrot and no stick. She was the sort of goddess that people would make offerings to at roadside inns and and few places else. She wasn't fertile like her sister Ophelia, she wasn't a hunter like brother Randal, she didn't make things like brother Lugh, save for maybe pudding. If someone offered a prayer to her the best one could expect was a pleasant smile and a vacant stare. If you had to rely on Parelle for anything save for getting your food cooked or getting from point A to point B, you are probably in a bad way.

--

Once upon a time there were twelve brothers and sisters. They lived in a house and got along well enough, though Lugh was a recluse, Ophelia had too many children and they left their toes out for Parelle to clean up, and Robert would come back from soldiering, get drunk and beat her (though he would always apologize later), for the most part it was a good life. She knew that they were all special and even she had her own minor talents. No one would die and they all lived at home while Parelle would make sure everything was kept tidy and in fact when she realized that it was normal for people to die, it was quite a shock. She cried for a whole day and a night after Robert told her.

Then one day when she was making sure that a particular mortal family made it home safely, she gathered her firewood for the way back, picked up a particularly fine vintage of mead to sip on the way home and found her house ransacked, its windows smashed, its larders raided, and frost covered the inside just like the out. Scared, but not terrified, she eventually mustered her will to go in and look for her family. She found them under the frost both inside of the house and later, outside under hard packed snow. All of them were dead, strongest to weakest, youngest to oldest, save her, the least of her family.

Perhaps if this were some campfire tale she would have picked up her brother's sword and found her family's killers. She would go on a quest of bloody revenge and claim the lives of her attackers in a righteous fury, but this is no campfire story. Instead, she buried them, wept and moved into an increasingly cold world. Perhaps someone might need her there. Please let someone need her.

Premise: Parelle is what one would call a minor deity if they were being generous. Besides travel, all of her powers are minor ones. She doesn't have control over fire, just warmth. She can't empower people to great heights, she can merely give them hope. She can't make the harvest yield a second crop, she can only stretch what food that you have, or maybe you might find a loaf of bread and bottle of beer that you "missed" on the third or fourth pass through a cupboard.

---

Parelle's feet hurt. Her feet had hurt before, but she had never encountered this level of cold, this level of discomfort. In some strange way she seemed meant for harsher climes, though she preferred the sanctity of...No. No thoughts of that now.

Parelle wears a moose skin coat trimmed with rabbit fur, sturdy looking boots and an enormous looking pack that do well not only to hide her figure, but make her appear bigger than she is to less savvy predators. All one can see that is not covered by her clothing is her plump, brown face and the fringes of black hair.

So it was with some trepidation that she came to the old god at the fire, hesitated and then remembered that she had socks to dry out, meat to cook and toes to get toasty. So she sat, she chatted, though mostly she talked about what she had seen and if asked, in only the vaguest of generalities about herself. At first the fire didn't grow any warmer at first, but she added the choicest bits of wood, sweet smelling and clean burning. Within a few minutes she broke down her gear and had a stew going of whale meat, wild vegetables and pepper that to a trader she met was once worth his entire house, given for a minor blessing, for that was all that she could give him really.

Her feet still hurt, now more so as more feeling returned to her extremities, but these ritual domestic tasks gave her a sense of calm and helped push those feelings to the back of her mind. Her eyes widened as the wolf padded towards the fire and again as it spoke, but if it wanted to attack her it wouldn't have revealed itself. Still, proprieties should be observed. A potentially hungry wolf is a scary wolf and the food was almost done. Perhaps the stew was what brought it? With a final flourish she splashed in a bit of the clotted mare's milk she had been saving for just such an occasion.

She listens to the Amaguq and her worries begin to disappear as he speaks. said Parelle, "Greetings Amaguq and be welcome by our fire. I have been traveling far and wide, here and there. Some places are bad, others worse, but some places are still livable. Would you like something to eat? It's nothing special but it should help with the cold. Do you have any news?"

I'm making a meal for everyone here with +2 hope, +2 food and drink, +2 warmth. It's a minor blessing for defense against being attacked by the cold for however long the duration would last. I'm also making extra in case anyone else shows up, or I can just have leftovers for later.

15/16 AP, one spent on this action

Edit: Put the character sheet in on the first page. A link to my character sheet should be found in my name as a URL from now on.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Nov 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle

Parelle doesn't blow on her food, but instead huddles close to it to take the warmth from it before it cools enough for eating. She's impressed with her work and that makes her smile, but of course the gloomy god thinks that this is the end. Perhaps instead of searching for warmer climes where the rest of the gods were going and subsequently battling to the death she might put down roots with some survivors in the area. Maybe she could build something, though she wasn't particularly good at building. Mortal artifice may suffice though.

"Either of you can have the last of that for the road if you like. I can always make more," she says with a smile. Her feet don't even hurt anymore and that is a goodness. The doom and gloom from the old god is sad, but at least it lets her know that no particular place is safe. "I'm thinking about saving a few of these mortals before more die, for surely they will without help. If any of you would like to travel with me you're welcome to while I pack up. There are so many suffering and time is wasting."

Parelle is searching out the hopeless, those lacking in food, lacking in warmth, and the safest and easiest path to get to them for a total of +8. Not communication, but just a general sense of which groups are in the most need on the planet so she has a sense of where to go next.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle

Parelle watches Amaguq work his magics, but she places both of her heavy mittens to her mouth to stifle a scream as he is covered in frost. That could have been her if she hadn't failed so utterly. In another situation, one may offer prayers, but to who? Instead she pushes the last of the food in his direction, knowing it to be something. She tries to look through her pack again for food, but nothing could be heated up fast enough. Instead she opens a tiny bottle of whiskey with a rich cinnamon smell and thrusts it towards him, and since he has no hands for which to grasp, will pour for him if he wishes to drink.

"Are you okay!? What happened?!"

I don't want to touch the food as it is already guaranteed to heal him, though it is tempting to super charge it. Instead I'm just trying to heal the damage with some fire whiskey, +2 warmth, +2 hope, +2 food and drink.

15/16 AP

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Nov 25, 2014

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle

Parelle waits patiently, outwardly ready to move, but inwardly pleased that Amaguq is all right. Her wandering feet are ready to move again and she has chosen the Kingdom of Man as her destination with the purpose of bringing any decent living being through the snow to her destination.

She glances at the item handed to Amaguq and assesses it, but even if offered she'll beg off as it is his with a cheery wave of a gloved hand. "It looks interesting, but I want to be on my way. You are of course welcome to accompany me friend Amaguq. I plan on moving south towards the Kingdom of Man and picking up any needy soul on the way in hopes that they may find shelter with me, and if you wish, with us. Maybe the climate is more hospitable there. And, well, if it isn't, we can make it so." She bows her head, touches her glove to forehead and then heart to the old god in a gesture of respect and looks to Amaguq, makes a gesture with her head that says denotes her direction and she sets off.

"Just let me know if you get hungry," she says as she shoulders her pack.

Moving towards the Kingdom of man as detailed in this post. Quick assessment of the item with any relevant god powers, but I'm not sure which would apply. Going to be traveling with +2 travel, +2 hope, +2 food and drink, +2 warmth to make the journey. I'll be extending these powers to anyone I pick up, but if we get loads of people to the point that they would interfere with the coverage of my powers I'd like to stop and reassess so no one gets too messed up.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle

The winds howled and blew and though Parelle could (maybe) see people further within the storm, she knew that this storm was unlike anything that she had seen before. There is a moment of indecision before she decides to run, protect the mortals and lead them out of the ice storm back in the direction she had come. She couldn't be useless anymore. No, not anymore, she needed to make a difference, she needed to prove to herself that she could do something.

And so, she struggled into the storm to take the mortals out, fools and children all.

"Follow me! You're almost out!"

Parelle is fleeing and trying grab the mortals, escape the ice storm and then find a better path around it. +2 travel to get the mortals and herself quickly out and away, +2 warmth to help everyone stay warm, +2 food and drink to help her own endurance and +2 hope to doggedly help others soldier on. Playing it cagey for an extra +2 and I'm spending 4 AP on defense as I get away.

However, -2 [not taken seriously] may apply as well since there are mortals involved. I'm not going to stick around though, if they decide not to follow me I'm not sticking around to get frozen by the wild ice storm and will be leaving the way I came.

15/16 AP originally, 4 AP spent to get away leaving me with 11/16

8+2+4-2=12 plus the roll.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle

Parelle shivered, not from the cold, but from the sudden wave of devotion. Headier than any alcohol and warmer than any fire, yet it didn't burn. She was astounded by the mass of followers in a single place as they worshiped her all at once. Perhaps she had this many total spread out on the roads before the ice came, but never had she been the target of such fervent worship. There were no words to describe it, and their awe of her was shared by her awe of them. She couldn't let them die. Not one more. Not while she could stop it. Nor would she let them see her cry from the first time of being overwhelmed in such a way.

Her tears wouldn't freeze, but then again, all of that ice that had been stuck to her face thawed at the same time. Lucky that.

Around her the snow melted beneath her feet and revealed the ragged earth beneath. She saw the closest person that prostrated herself and sighed softly, "This won't do at all," she said to herself. She was used to simple gestures of faith; small oaths of thanks. She picked up a an older and shivering woman from her prostration in the snow and to her feet. "You don't need to bow to me," she said, and hugged her tightly. Her words were gentle, but rang in the ears of all as she picked up another person, a young boy. "Just wait," she said, and whispered into his ear - All of their ears.

"I will tame the storm."

Parelle took a few moments, cleared her head, took a drink to settle her nerves and to calm her shakes, and focused on the storm. She reached out a frost covered glove and attempted to tame the wind. Or at the very least, a small piece of it.

So a lot of text, but this is a big deal as I'm sinking a ton of AP into it.

Parelle tries to tame the storm. Note that I say tame. Not calm, not fight, but tame. I want a pet +2 wind god sans ice. +2 travel to dissipate it in all directions to make it more manageable, +2 hope because this -has- to work, +2 food and drink for a fortifying drink of delicious warming cinnamon spirits to make wrestling with it easier, alcohol for courage, +2 warmth to take the snow and ice out of it. I am adding another 6 AP and flipping out for another +2. Not subtracting non-violent, because as far as she knows, it's just a storm, and she isn't burying an ax in it.

So 2+2+2+2+6+2 = 16 plus my roll. More than double the traits and only two under what it could possibly roll before I even roll myself.

Defending with all of my attributes in case this doesn't work in much the same way, though it'll be at:

8-2 = 6 plus my roll. Taking a big risk. Go big or go home. I did the math, and unless I'm extremely unlucky this will at the very least damage it enough to be handled without further powers even if I get beat up.

11/16 AP remaining before the action. After spending 6(!) AP I'll have 5/16 left.

Anyway, with all of the power in this I want a pet +2 ice storm after defeating it, but not with the intent of destroying it. There's obviously divine power in it, or at least its power is on that level. I'm going to harness it instead of just outright destroying it. Of course, nothing possibly could go wrong with this. Nothing at all. Nope.

If this isn't possible I'll just still it and bask in admiration if I can stop the darn thing. Or die horribly if I have done something foolish.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle

Now tamed, the storm still roiled above, but the worst of its bite had been taken away. Her head swam from the effort and alcohol. That had definitely been the biggest thing she had ever done. She put her hands to her mouth and yelled up to it. "Your name is Pirsuq! Remember that! We're going to be partners now!" Then she nodded to herself, as if that settled things. Parelle and her pet storm Pirsuq, she mused. That made her first giggle, then wobble, and then fall back onto her butt from momentary exhaustion. "Good job being godly," she muttered to herself. Of course it was that exact moment when the sun peaked through the storm - Through Pirsuq, and shined down upon her in all of her glory, her rear profile in the muck and slush. She took a few breaths to steady herself before she brushed off the detritus, for the snow had begun to melt from the use of her power and rose unsteadily to her feet again. Still, the sun felt glorious and warm, but like that, it was gone.

As she turned to face her new followers she frowned. Many of them were prostrate again. Darn it. She was so tired that she almost snapped, but she steadier herself again, though this time mentally and emotionally. "Please don't bow. It's embarrassing," she said. She began to feel self-conscious from the worship now, and hoped to reinforce her earlier statements.

She picked up the same older woman from before, who either fell down from the run off of Parelle's power, awe, or perhaps she just slipped in the snow, and raised her up again. "No need for that," she said to her alone and then to everyone. "No bowing, no scraping or groveling please. Politeness will do. I'm Parelle," she said. She paused for a moment and checked to see if anyone actually knew her name, though she left off the honorifics. There was no sense in clubbing them with titles. She continued, "We're safe for the moment. Please see to your injured and I'll do what I can to make things more comfortable. If you need food, come to me and I'll see what I can do. After this I venture south to the kingdom of man to rescue more souls like yourselves, but before then, I'll tend to as many of you as I can so we can move."

Without any showmanship at all, she dropped her pack, dug through it and began to produce food and cooking utensils like any traveler setting up camp would do. Of course there was always more and though the food was only standard fare, she produced more and more. "Those of you can cook step forward when you're able, if you're able. We're going to make the first warm meal I would think any of you have had in a while."

She looked back up as Pirsuq, "Be good! Just stay where you are for right now, you can follow me when it's time to go."

She patted the woman on the shoulder. "Do you think you can help me?" and smiled. "What's your name? Where do you come from?" and with that, Parelle became as chatty as any potato peeling maid. She rewarded those who treated her like a person and not as an idol with bigger, warmer portions, a little alcohol and the choicest meats of what she had. To those who couldn't keep fear or awe out of their eyes she teased them with her ivory carved ladle and commanded them to do outrageously silly things. When this had the effect of them doing it anyway she huffed, gave her ladle to a small child and had him command the offending person until people started to tease him and laugh. She wanted to know these people, look for a leader, perhaps even a friend. A friend would be nice to have...

Seeing as everyone was dying, I figure that these people need some TLC. I'm whipping up a feast with +2 food and drink, +2 hope, +2 warmth to boost the health and spirits of the people here. Also getting the mortal cooks involved to promote a sense of community.

Telling Pirsuq the storm to hover above until I'm ready to go. Do I know anything about the particulars of it? Mostly I'm interested in getting the size down to something more manageable for travel so it doesn't get swallowed up by the next storm to roll on by. Maybe something in animal form? Or is it stuck as a storm?

Parelle is also just looking to know about these new people. Who are they, where are they from, what have they seen, good and bad, do they have a leader? Mostly though she's looking for companionship after losing her entire family. :smith:

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Dec 2, 2014

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle

Parelle cracks her knuckles and thinks about what to cook. There people here were starving and cold, so she decided that even with simple fare she could make something delicious. "I'm thinking something sweet and spicy. Keeps the chill out of your bones," she says to a young man next to her. In a few moments water fills a few dozen far-too-large-for-her-pack cast iron pots and they begin to heat without any source of fire. "Have you ever had ten vegetable stew?" Most shook their heads. "Well I fibbed, it's seven vegetables with chicken, lemon and raisins. Though if chicken was a vegetable it would be my favorite by far," she said to a small girl and waggled her eyebrows at her own terrible joke. With that she threw in a few soup bones with a splash into one pot and as they bubbled to the surface, the contents were duplicated in the others as if they had been put into all of them.

Her hands blurred as she peeled and cubed potatoes, both normal and sweet, though fewer of the latter. Next came the onions. "More than normal, but I like them. Next, bell peppers!" she said, and produced a strange looking vegetable not native to this place. "The humble red bell pepper," she said.

She frowned slightly at a particularly hungry looking starveling boy. She sliced the top off the pepper and cleaned the insides, produced an egg from her pack, shook the egg, cracked it (pre-whisked of course, fofofo), poured it in, added some cheese and pepper and with a few wiggled fingers she cooked it on the spot. She handed the delicious and creamy concoction to him and it was almost too hot to eat. Almost. The bell pepper did not survive long.

"Next, cherry tomatoes, chop those up," she said, her hands blurred again as she looked toward another child. She ignored what would be obvious peril to anyone else. "And then...Golden raisins," she said. "Oooooooo..." she intoned. Nothing happened. She frowned, put her hands on her hips as her ingredients floated, then made an imploring gesture. "Oooooooo..." she said, and everyone joined in this time. "Fantastic. Not real gold though, but you can't eat gold." She made a dismissive gesture and the ingredients flicked into the pot and again to arose in the others. "Chickpeas!" she said, and brought out another foreign looking food. "These came from the far east. And zucchini, a hometown favorite," which were a sudden blur before being cut up. "Now, parsley, one squeezed lemon," which she did by hand because she's a freaking goddess of course, "Pepper and just a little bit of rice. I'm out of wheat berries," she said with a sigh. She wasn't, but she liked rice better.

"And now for the final ingredient. Do any of you know what harissa is?" asked Parelle. Some shook their heads, one lady called out, "I had an aunt named Harissa!" Parelle laughed and said, "Well she's not going in the pot. No, this is special..." She pulled a small vial from inside of her pack, deeply hidden, and sprinkled in a little powder. "Very tasty," she said piously. "Though it may make your eyes water a little," and her pious tone became more mischievous as it was full of spices that in the age of trade men would win their fortunes with just a few sacks of the stuff. "Anyway, it just needs stirring now. I'm sure you fine people can attend to that. You'll find your ladles inside," she said, and to their surprise, they were there now, though weren't moments before. She then made the rounds among the dozens upon dozens of pots and passed out some sort of hard bread with onions and dried tomatoes in it. She was in her element now, and though she was normally not prone to showmanship she knew her art as she strode confidently around the hot, yet somehow fireless cast iron pots as cooks of all ages and sizes stirred with ivory ladles.

Tonight I made Morrocan Stew with seven vegetables and delicious bread from scratch. Flavor text. :v:

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Dec 4, 2014

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle

Parelle watches as her people eat, passes out bowls and makes sure that everyone gets at least one meal in them. She dallies far longer than she should, but her heart ached to see these people suffer so. She shared in their stories and though asked, she didn't share any of her own that concerned her brothers and sisters, which means that she didn't share. That wound was still too fresh. She did hear their secrets, their hopes, their dreams and desires. She didn't mean to pry, but they just opened up to her. In some cases far too much, like the spray of an opened artery. It was overwhelming, but it gave her a better understanding of her people.

Still, it seems that she took too long. She never experienced the fear of a cloud before, but she felt it, heard the wolves and the old god slaughter them as they died. His bellows, heard by all now.

She calls out to everyone, "Pack up! We're leaving right now! It's not safe here, we need to go! Get it together, Travelers, we make best possible speed to the Kingdom of Man!"

She leads the quick march and cuts a path through the drifts of snow away from whatever pursues her.

Parelle is making haste towards the kingdom of man with the refugees in tow. +2 hope to bolster herself and the survivors to make their way, +2 travel to make the way smoother and safer, +2 food and drink to keep up strength for the journey, +2 warmth to stay comfortable and now, +2 wind storm to help keep the wind at their backs. Also spending 2 AP to scoot, because if the old god says scoot, she scoots. Heading towards the kingdom of man.

For now I'm just calling them The Travelers as they don't seem to be from a specific place or are a specific people.

2+2+2+2+2+2 for a total of 12 plus whatever I roll. Making best speed.

From 5/16 AP down to 3/16 AP.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle

Parelle halted the line short of the stone arch. This was strange. An entire people were gone. Surely there should be someone here. She furrowed her brow and strode cautiously forward, but intended not to dally as the storm undoubtedly still followed knowing her luck.

"Okay everyone, take a break, but don't pack up. I'm not sure what is wrong. I'm going to check," she said to them all. Obviously the first thing to do was to investigate the arch, though she didn't know what she could do really. Normally artifacts, if this was one, were out of her expertise. Still, swift and cautious, she made her way toward the arch.

Then it occurred to her just how stupid this was. She was heading into what was essentially a ghost city, a graveyard, a hunting ground or a combination of all three. Parelle isn't a fighter nor is she particularly good at delving ruins. What in the name of her siblings persuaded her that this was a good idea? Besides all of that, she had the travelers to worry about. If she satisfied her curiosity and got killed who would look after them? So she turned around. First priority is getting the travelers to safety, not satisfying her curiosity. She racked her brain on her way back and thought about where was probably safest. Somewhere away from the cold, or at least sheltered from the worst of its bite. Somewhere where there would be plenty of living space. "Maybe one of the Dwarven strongholds," she mused to herself. The travelers wouldn't be happy about leaving again so soon, but there was no safety here.

Going to investigate the arch with whatever skills apply. However I'm also expecting an attack and wish to play it cagey in case there is an ambush predator god about. If the arch is mundane I'll be treading further past the arch to determine just what happened.

Changed my mind. This place is super creepy. I think something ate everything here and I want to leave. Heading to Vendruck's place. Surely that's safe. :v:

Traveling in the same method as before, adding 2 AP to make it super safe and quick.

1 AP left.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Dec 8, 2014

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle

It was a quick march and the Travelers were exhausted. Parelle did her best to keep their spirits up by sheer force of personality. She promised that she would find them somewhere safe. It was just her luck that the place she found was crumbling, on fire and the site of a battle. She heaved an audible groan, not of despair, but frustration as she neared the last great city.

"Well," she commented quietly, "Dying and on fire is better than dead. At least it's a start."

She watched the gods locked in immortal combat and there was a strangeness to it. It seemed not to be a fight to the death, but a sort of dominance contest. There was bellowing and anger. The land was scorched and blasted, but the fight lacked a certain savage brutality of gods bent on murder. It was that and the scores of souls added to the throng of the dead that kept her there. This was far less than ideal, but she didn't know if she had it in her to continue traveling on. Besides, the dwarves were dying.

She looked up at Pirsuq, "Guard the Travelers. Make sure no harm comes to them," she ordered. She thought furiously and sped toward the wrecked city. "No more dead mortals!" she yelled as she sped past the fight and directly into the city. Carnage, blood, scorch marks, screaming and wreckage met her. She coughed from the remnants of some foul, acrid taste, yet divine. She looked for the safe places and found few. The entire place may come down any minute and she lacked the expertise to fix it. She begged, she bribed, she cajoled and pleaded with the still living dwarves that their great city was crumbling. "Come with me, I can protect you, just for a little while. We can come back later, but you have nothing to lose but your lives!" Those who could run and walk were told to bring those who could be carried while she focused on the trapped. She looked for any way out of total collapses, ways around blockages and desperately fought to lead the dwarves out from one hell and into one, while far colder, was less likely to immediately kill them.

Parelle can't fix the place, so she is trying to evacuate the area of dwarves. Using +2 travel to get them out, especially the trapped ones, +2 hope by offering them a way out of their situation, +2 food and drink as a hook to get them outside, +2 warmth to protect them from the cold. I'm spending my final AP to make it stick. 2+2+2+2+1=9.

Also I will be shielding the dwarves from the godfight by playing it cagey with all applicable defenses while Pirsuq shields the Travelers.

I would like to change one of my traits: [-2] Not taken seriously to [-2] Bleeding Heart. I think that she has proven herself as a power to be taken seriously after saving the travelers and taming the storm as to not be considered a minor goddess anymore. I figure that this is more thematically appropriate and will probably come up more often. Essentially it'll be a mortals first policy and she'll be hampered if she has to make hard choices where they are concerned. If this last part takes a turn I guess I'll do it at a later date.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle

Parelle leads the dwarves out of their crumbling stronghold. They are dirty, ragged, scared and despairing. It is a pitiful sight to behold, but they are alive and for the moment that is enough. She removes a glove with her teeth and finds it to be trembling. The sight of the angry fire god just -eating- the souls of so many dwarves sickened her, but she must be strong. She didn't know if Vendruck would survive, but he was surely unconscious. She beckons Pirsuq and the Travelers forward, for she would need Pirsuq for what she was about to do. She didn't have much time and they may soon be taken as slaves, or worse. She shuddered, stilled herself and took a breath before speaking to the crowd.

"Please don't attack the storm that is coming. It is mine and offers no threat," she said. Was that a crack in her voice? She hoped not. "I need it for a blessing," she said. The Travelers were frightened, but calm near her, though the dwarves were far worse off. "I know that you have been caught in the middle of this and this is not your fault. You are survivors all. Hope is not lost. I will do what I can to keep you here, to help you attend to your homes, hearth and dead. I make no promises save to do my utmost without more bloodshed."

She strode to the angry, mustached man, someone younger, though he struck a resemblance to Bismark of the Empire of Man. She remembered traveling it from the cold mountains, sprawling cities and plains that were like grass deserts. She put her glove back on, made a curtsy, though she wore no court dress of any kind, and waited to speak to the god in charge about dealing for the safety of the dwarves.

That was right up until the Warden of Hell attacked. She shouldn't have been surprised, but she was. Surprised and terrified. She backed away and cursed her bad fortune in bringing the Travelers so close. Malador looked off balance and if she were more martially minded, she could maybe have taken advantage of his momentary weakness. However, she is not martially minded, she is Parelle. At best she is defensively minded. Who she was watching was the murderous fire god. If he struck out at anyone, even the warden of hell, she would interdict him.

She did not attack, but rallied and readied herself in case she needed to. She took a lower stance, popped a cork from a bottle and took a fortifying drink and screwed up her courage as she prepared for what was to come. Thinking that was all she was going to get, she was pleasantly surprised to find herself quicker still as Pirsuq's winds blew above and filled her with further speed.

Got a message from Puppies that I can't tap the same followers that someone else has tapped for AP. That's fine and makes sense, I just wish I had known that beforehand. So I'll be changing my action.

I'm going to cast a temporary spell on myself that will last until my next attack or defense. I would like bonuses in case I get into combat since I'm mostly on the sidelines. +2 travel and +2 living storm to make myself quicker, +2 hope to boost my confidence, +2 food and drink for liquid courage. Parelle is psyching herself out for her next action for a total of +8. This isn't an attack, so I suspect that playing it cagey for the defense shouldn't have a negative effect.

She's also going to play it cagey and defend herself, Pirsuq, the mortals , Malador (as he is easy pickings for the fire god) and the unconscious Vendruck with all of her traits and Pirsuq's. +2 Travel to rob him of speed, +2 hope to rob them temporarily of his confidence, +2 food and drink to rob him of stamina and weaken his attack, +2 warmth to clamp down on his fire powers by denying heat, +2 living storm to halt any blow, +2 for playing it cagey for a total of +12. She isn't going to be fighting as this is more distraction and misdirection instead of a curse, but if you want to add -2 nonviolent onto the pile for defense, I'll understand. She's going to counter opportunists who try to get AP from the mortals through slaughter, who try to kill her or Pirsuq, or who try to finish off Vendruck to absorb his power. So unless someone goes through her, there will be no new AP for the fight save for her attempt to do so.

tl;dr Defending everyone save for the fire god and smugfather from attack and psyching myself up for combat in case it happens.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Dec 11, 2014

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle

The combat was getting hairy. She saw Malador down the Smuglord and nearly take down the fire god which was impressive for how beaten up the warden of hell looked. The dwarven god was still down, unconscious and a font of power. Of course that was when some sort of super predator god dropped out of the sky. She panicked and made a hasty decision. Perhaps it would not be a wise one. Perhaps it would be. Time will tell and if she were unlucky, it would tell in mere seconds.

She barked out an order to Pirsuq, "Defend the mortals!" and leaned down over the fallen dwarven god. The last of his kind. She traveled there in an instant, leaned over him, and for a lack of a better description she dove directly into him, into his power and desperately tried to cobble together his power with her own. She could not kill him, but she needed that power if the mortals were to survive. Perhaps if she had more time she could restore him to health, but in her panic she didn't have the time.

Desperate or insane, Parelle certainly was one of the two, if not both.

A short post because I'm getting a lot of things done at once and I don't want to progress in case I fail.

So penis wagon showing up has really changed things as Parelle is the last undamaged god left. This puts me in a precarious position. Athrak is messed up but alive and can kill the remaining mortals for easy AP. So this is where I would suppose having a second god on hand really helps things out. Luckily I have one.

Parelle is ordering Pirsuq to defend the dwarves and the Travelers and play it cagey to make sure no one just eats them for a total of +4. That way Arthrak won't be able to scoop up all that easy AP before running away. That is his entire turn, so it will not be attacking, but screening for the mortals. Turn over for it.

Parelle is going to "merge" with the dwarven god, but mechanically finish him off. I want +2 dwarves and his remaining one AP. Unless peniswagon is benevolent, and somehow I -highly- doubt that, this place absolutely will not do for a home. If I can't find a home, I'll make one. Playing it cagey on defense and I believe I still have defense for people attacking me for the spell last round. Merging with Vendruck would be her attack action and she would play it cagey on defense. Mechanically I'm going for a coup de grace as he can't defend himself. She will be using all of her powers: Warmth, travel, hope, food and drink, for a total of +8 -2 for playing it cagey if that applies not to attack him, but to keep her sanity together with travel specifically to make it there before anyone realizes what is happening.

Also, since I'm merging with Vendruck, if possible, I'd like to rearrange some stats. This can happen later, but if possibly I'd like it to happen now since that's what I'm going for. Mix and match with his. So if possible I'd like to:

Change +2 Travel to +2 Artifice.

Change nonviolent -2 to grudgebearer -2. Parelle will inherit Vendruck's grudges and martial prowess.

Change -2 not taken seriously to -2 Protector of Mortals, as I was heading in that direction and Parelle's natural protectiveness and Vendruck's protectiveness of his dwarves would solidify this.

Sorry if I'm overstepping turnwise, but I can't pass this opportunity up if I can have it. It's too much fun.

So the bare bones of my new sheet will look like this:

+2 Dwarves

+2 Artifice (Was Travel. I'll see if I can get that back at some point.)

+2 Hope

+2 Food and Drink

+2 Warmth

-2 Grudgebearer (Was nonviolent. She will hold Vendruck's previous grudges and will hold new ones as they happen to her.)

-2 Protector of Mortals (Was not taken seriously.)

However, feel free to gently caress with the sheet as godmerging is probably a pretty messy business.

I plan physically on making Parelle more dwarflike, more suspicious and vengeful. This will war with her nurturing side. I imagine this is going to cause a ton of hilarity if I survive and she will be schizophrenic for a while. :toot:

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Dec 13, 2014

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle

Parelle was knocked off balance momentarily as the freaking lord of hell stole Vendruck from her. This was crazy. There was a giant phallic monster just eating everything, the stronghold was in mid collapse and she had nearly done something profoundly stupid in trying to merge with the dwarven god. Of course, this did not occur to her. Athrak disappeared and that left her free to continue on. She -needed- his power. She wouldn't survive without it. The mortals wouldn't survive.

"Move away from the monster and out of the way!" she bellowed to the dwarves and the Travelers. "I will be there shortly!"

She didn't parlay with the injured lord of hell, she merely whistled for Pirsuq and it enveloped her in a storm. She would need its power too if she, the Travelers, the Dwarves and even Pirsuq would survive. She didn't try to talk Malador down, she didn't try to snatch him back, she fell on him and went for the heart once again. "He's mine! I need him!"

So I read this as Parelle getting her action interrupted. She is now following up and trying to merge with him once again. Again she is going to use her domains to try to dive into him and keep it together. +2 Travel to get there quickly, +2 hope because she wants this to work- Needs this to work, +2 food and drink because she is full of liquid courage, +2 wind storm to get there quickly, +2 warmth to keep moving quickly and not be slowed down by the cold. Flipping out for another +2.

Defending with +2 travel to move quickly, +2 wind storm to deflect any blows, +2 food and drink for that liquid courage again, +2 wamrth to keep from deleterious effects from the cold from slowing her down, +2 hope as she is charging the freaking warden of hell and she needs it to keep from backing down, -2 from flipping out.

So the merging is at +12 as this is not an attack, but trying to meld with Vendruck as before.

Defense is +8

Also shouting at the mortals to move as a group away from the monster. I doubt that they need help convincing to flee, but I hope that they gain some ground and stay together so we can leave as a group. I would tell them to move in a direction away from the monster, but I don't know exactly which that would be. Imagine that I issued a command for a specific direction so they wouldn't panic and flee -everywhere-. I also know that this has no weight behind it, but I figure they probably would need no excuse to run away.

0/16 AP

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Dec 23, 2014

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle

Pirsuq was her skin. They shrieked as one as Parelle's insane need for power and Pirsuq's nature plunged toward the heart of the fallen dwarven god. In the end there was nothing but hellfire as the lord of hell fled. Fled? From her? She paused for the briefest of moments and then frowned. This didn't make sense at all, and as she came back to her senses she realized that she left the Travelers and the dwarves both to the wrath of a hungry predator god. She kicked herself. This was unacceptable. She strode toward the fleeing people and directed them to follow her. Wrapped in Pirsuq she was alien and terrifying, no longer approachable like she was with the Travelers such a short time ago. Perhaps she would calm down, but wrapped up in the moment she used that momentum to propel herself forward. She needed that motion to get things done. The mortals had been for all intents and purposes abandoned by everyone but her and soon the predator god would surely find and eat them.

"Your dwarven god was not strong enough to protect you," she spoke. "I found you dying and took you away from your crumbling home. I am all you have left. If you do not follow me you will not survive. I will allow you to travel with me and my Travelers, but you will act hospitably and keep up or be left behind." Her shape was vague in the storm, but her neck turned to cast a look back. "Follow or die. I do not have the luxury for patience."

Parelle felt numb, angry and ashamed at the way that she acted. She told herself it was for some greater good and she could definitely follow and try to destroy the warden of hell she realized, but that would mean abandoning the mortals. This she would not do so long as they would follow her and not blindly march to their own deaths. She took a few deep breaths, hardened her heart and made a decision. She was dangerous, she was powerful, and she decided that this was the time to go back home. Her people need one of their own and her family were all dead. She would settle both cases.

Parelle is not following, but instead leaving. She is going north to her old home. It was the site at which her brothers and sisters were murdered. The terrain is rocky, forested (at least at one time). The house is a mess, though her brothers and sisters were buried. It is probably a good place to settle as she knows the area, though it would be a melancholy homecoming.

She is going to make a travel spell to get there. +2 travel to get to her destination, +2 hope to encourage a desperate need to get to her destination, +2 food and drink to provision for the way, +2 warmth to melt a path through the snow, and +2 wind storm to make their pace a swift one. If the dwarves or the Travelers try moving away from the course she sets, she'll task Pirsuq with corralling them and remove the +2 wind storm and instead add 2 AP for the travel spell. Also if Isath tries to follow I would ask for a +2 upshift in escaping him as he is otherwise busy and I have already begun to move away.

2+2+2+2+2=10 for the travel spell.

If the dwarves don't come then Pirsuq will make them using +2 wind storm. 2+2+2+2+2AP=10 using Parelle's traits and 2 AP, but I won't spend it otherwise.

I would also like to change -2 nonviolent to -2 protector of mortals now that combat is over. The warden of hell ran from her, though maybe not just because of her. Still, that is a start and she is beginning to discover a more martial and protective side of herself

5AP/16AP.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Dec 27, 2014

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle

There was a certain eerie silence and stillness to her old home. The forest had stood up well to the ice, though this obviously wouldn't be the case forever. Her eyes kept sliding away from her broken home, from the graves and to the mundane. She remembered playing on that hillock over there. There used to be flowers there. They were a mix of purple and gold. When the twilight would hit them, she remembered how her sister enchanted them to make one color turn from the other. They were dead now of course. The flowers, her brothers and sisters, but the house stood.

She took a big breath to steady herself. Her mortal followers were watching her now. She felt the weight of their collective gaze upon her. She would need to attend to them soon, but to make them a home she would need help. She couldn't let them watch what she did next and so she whispered, "I will be back in just one moment. I will not go far," and stepped away faster than a blink. The rumble of Pirsuq could be heard, but Parelle was gone. Not far at all in fact, but just out of sight to the other sight of the house. To the hastily dug graves. She stood among them, each marked with a stone etched with their names in an oddly childlike scrawl. Parelle didn't remember doing that, but then again, she didn't remember many things about this place. She sounded off with each name, eleven of them, until she came to the one she was looking for. It wasn't the last, but her eyes slid away from it until the moment came.

"Hello Reginald," she said quietly. "Master craftsman. Master builder. I remember when you built our house. I was so pleased with my kitchen. Everything was in order. Everything was in its proper place. It's a bit of a mess now. That's why I need you after all," she said to the grave, a an undercurrent of hysteria slowly rose in her voice. "I'm a long strider, a hope giver, a warmth grantor, and a bringer of nourishment. Now I'm just a little more. I'm a storm tamer and I'm even beginning to know the path of a warrior, but I have absolutely no clue about hammers, nails or boards." She looks at her hands. There were callouses there, but in all of the wrong places for building anything, and she needed a new home for the mortals here. "I need you, Reginald. I need your skill. I can't let the sanctity of a grave stop me from my work. I need you," she repeated, and began to cry. "I'm sorry that I can't just let you sleep."

There was no shovel and perhaps there were better ways to do it, but Parelle broke through the frost with her hands and scooped the frozen dirt out with her hands. She needed her brothers and sisters. Perhaps one day they might walk with her again, but she couldn't raise them all. She may not even be able to raise one. She began to sing as she cried and her choked sobs marred the music, but it still came. It was a song they all sang as children, a song she would hum in the kitchen, a song of togetherness and family. She sang it as her fingers uncovered his wracked body, and then his desiccated face. She sang it even as her body was wracked with all the pain that she had been burying for so long. She reached into her pack and retrieved a piece of candy, his favorite, with mud and blood streaked fingers. She hadn't even noticed that some of her fingernails were gone from the scrabbling. "Silly," she thought distantly, and placed the piece of wintergreen candy into his mouth. His favorite.

"For we have been parted for far too long, together we shall be. The years are long and the miles are far, but we stay a family."

"Reggie, won't you please wake up?"

Parelle is defiling a grave to try and resurrect one of her brothers as she is a rather terrible builder. +2 food and drink to lure him back with his favorite food, +2 warmth to help restore warmth and life to him, +2 hope because she desperately wants him back, and +2 travel to make the way back into his body easier for his soul from wherever it may be. I will be sinking in the last 3 AP. Also if I could get an upshift for defiling the graves or using an existing body as I don't plan on doing this again, that would be super.

2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 3 AP = 11

Possibly +2 for the upshift if you're feeling generous which would mean a +13 total.

I want to resurrect Reginald the Builder, a minor god who has a +2 in construction.

0 AP left.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jan 3, 2015

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle

Parelle flung herself at Reggie, completely unaware of her bleeding and cracked hands and covered his cheek in sisterly kisses. He flesh was clammy and cold and his responses were sluggish, but her brother was alive. Well, sort of alive, but he was here. She had a piece of her family back with her again. She was about to stick another piece of wintergreen into his mouth, but only now noticed that she was bleeding. Had the blood done it? What effect did that have? Then she plumbed deeper into her mind. The thoughts were dark and horrified. She lost herself for a moment and as she looked back, it wasn't the first time. Her family's death set her fleeing from her home, she stilled a storm that could have killed her, she tried to merge with the dwarven god, she fought with the lord of hell and now this. She hadn't even brought Reggie back properly. Her intentions were good, but as she looked back she realized that her actions were full of desperation and madness. Worse, realizing it may not even help.

"No losing it, Parelle. People depend on you," she muttered to herself. Another thought struck her like a shard of steel through the heart. "Maybe the world does."

She put her mittens back on to cover her hands and put on her best smile. Though she was concerned and she wasn't perfect, things were looking up. However, she couldn't risk raising the rest of her family like this. Reggie was decidedly not well and decidedly still dead. She wanted raise her siblings in tact. Another more cynical part of her knew that if she raised them all again they would most likely squabble for power, browbeat her and leave her once again the least of the twelve. She would be relegated to the proverbial kid's table. These complex thoughts hid behind her smile, which faltered, though as if to put the seal on her mood she popped another wintergreen treat into Reggie's mouth.

"It's good to see you. When I came home you were all d..." she bit off the word, not able to say it. Living through it is one thing, saying it out loud is another. If she admitted it to him, she would have to admit to herself that she did indeed abandon her family and home. Surely some of her family would understand her weakness, while others were not. She began again. "When I came home you were all gone," she said quietly. "Pirsuq? Pirsuq come here please," she called to her storm. It came and she brought it close to her and Reggie both.

"Pirsuq, from the moment I called you, from the moment I took the ice from you, you have been a stalwart friend and companion," she says. She's not even sure if Pirsuq understands her, but the cadence of her voice was soothing. "One day when the ice is gone I will restore your frost if you wish it, but the world is out of balance. I need you. I need you more than you know. Join us," she says, and nods her head to the still reviving Reggie, "And help us. Join the Pantheon of our family," she said, and stroked the dirt from Reggie's hair, "You could be a part of my family. The thirteenth, with all the privileges that come with it." She quested for Reggie's hand and gave him a reassuring squeeze. "We're not so bad when you get to know us."

Seeing as Parelle already holds a Pantheon with Reggie and she explicitly trusts her brother, she is going to form a pantheon with Pirsuq to complete the set. Of course the undeath thing is troublesome to her, but breaking a pantheon with him would show a serious lack of solidarity with her remaining family member. She plans on exploring that later of course, but waking up from the dead probably isn't the best time to play twenty questions.

Parelle is going to form a Pantheon with Pirsuq and Reginald. This means that the +2 construction that I got will actually turn into a +8 gain spread across three characters when I figure in the revival/god creation, his boost, Pirsuq's boost and my boost. Quite a boon. I was denied the delicious divine dwarf essence, but I'll take this as the next best thing. I really enjoyed the flexibility that Pirsuq gave me in the latest fights and having another god to help work with me will be a solid multiplier in my favor for not only being flexible, but powerful.

As part of becoming more powerful I would like both of my pantheon bros to just add an extra +2 to their original traits, but technically they have autonomy, so I suppose they can level up however they choose. As for me, I want to add +2 nature to my repertoire and change +2 warmth to +2 sun. The warmth domain was fine and good for a minor goddess, but Parelle may as well have 80's montage music in the background for how much she's changing and beefing up over the course of this game. As Parelle is becoming more aware of herself and her powers, she is slowly figuring out that she was never meant to be a goddess of travel, food and drink, but is an ultra late bloomer of a harvest goddess and as such she is seriously out of place in a world blanketed in perpetual winter.

The conditions for forming the pantheon should be simple to keep from violating the tenets and few in number for the same reason in order of descending importance:

1. Protect each other from the cold and any foes who seek to do us harm.

2. Protect those that we shelter.

3. Look for the cause of the ice age and if possible, reverse it. If it can't be reversed, then figure out a way to survive and endure the oncoming winter.

4. Find the killer or killers of Parelle's family and deal with them.

5. Revive the family when it can be done so safely.

Any further directives are up for debate. Reggie can also have his say, even though he's already Pantheoned with her.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jan 8, 2015

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle

Parelle cheered and hugged the newly formed Pirsuq. She wasn't the youngest of the family anymore! She had a younger brother! Her heart leaped at parts old and new of her family coming together. Though she had the Travelers, they weren't divine and therefor lacked the understanding of what it meant to be like her, though she loved them so. She wasn't alone anymore and that was good.

She watched Reggie as he spoke to a child. She was heartened as well when he spoke to him, but that turned to dawning horror as he called Pirsuq, picked up the Dwarven child and strode toward one of her very own Travelers. "Oh no," she said softly and rushed over to meet her brother. "Reggie, Reggie please, this isn't right. I know you're still waking up, but I need you to think back. Warm houses are good, but we have so many trees around. So much stone. Even mud huts would work well." She spoke in low but calm tones as she tried to get him to back down from his choice of "building material". She broke a few items out of her pack, tossed some herbs and hot cider into a cup, pressed a steaming mug of it into his hand and gingerly took the child from him in the exchange. "Here. We need to talk. Both of you sit with me," she said, and pressed a cup of slightly less warm cider into his hands. When she saw that he didn't know what to do with it she took one of her own and mimicked drinking it. "It's cider. It's tasty. We all need to sit down and talk about what is good for our mortal friends and what is not." Then with a final thought she gave one each to the Dwarven child and the Traveler child. "Run along you two. We'll be along shortly," she said in her sister-knows-best voice.

She needed to nip these thoughts of his in the bud, but later. She could keep Reggie's new necromancy tastes under control with a careful eye, but she would definitely need to talk to him about this soon. For now these mortals were freezing and starving to death. "Reggie, all of these mortals need warm houses, that is true, but they can wait for just a little while longer. We need to plan, to build. We don't need houses -of- mortals, we need houses -for- mortals." She drew in the snow and sketched a rough outline of what she wanted.

"Here is earth. Above it is the cold. We don't want to be up here unless we have to be." She grinned at Pirsuq and doodled a few curling wind streams and clouds above. "Mortals are fragile. They need food, water, warmth and shelter. Without these things there won't be any more mortals for long, and they need our protection." Then she pulled a finger down below the ground. "A defensive choke point," and then drew a zig-zagging set of lines down to the floor of this new place, "More defense. The drop down will be enormous." More doodles. She filled in the sketch with color. "I've been to many places and I want to fill this with many peoples. Forest, plains, deserts, mountains, farmland, townships, a hold for the dwarves in the mountain biome so they can get a head start and a town for the travelers made of stone and wood, respectively." She made a few more curly q wind streams, now inside of the enclosure, and clouds. "Plenty of sky to play in, and to house the most important part. A sun. Just a tiny one. One that will slide into the wall here," she pointed to the side, "To give a day and night cycle."

She leaned back so they could both look at the drawing. "Eventually we are going to have to leave to find the source of the cold. We can't leave the mortals defenseless. They need a strong home, stronger than mortal hands can make, stronger than any one god can create. They need a home and we are going to give it to them. We have the tools, we have the talent and..." she cast a look at her ancestral home, "We have the materials." She couldn't be sentimental. Besides, she would never be able to live in that home after this. Not after everything that happened there. "Now Reggie, you're our builder. I know it's a big job, but we'll help you. But I don't want anyone dying to make this. When we're done we'll talk about what just happened, but I don't want anyone dying in the making of this, or because of it, okay? This is going to be a good place. It's going to be a new home. For everyone."

Parelle is getting in on the warm houses bit, but without -people- as the source of the building materials. So I am going to take their intentions and guide them in the proper direction.

Parelle is going to create a holy site with Reggie and Pirsuq! I'm gunning for a +4 Life holy site with the amount of juice that I'm pouring into the place. This and its location underground will help keep any passing gods from murdering everyone inside on a whim. If I can't get +4, I'll take the +2.

+4 storm from Pirsuq to create an internal weather system to help circulate warmth, +4 construction to give it a shape, make it strong and provide -non living- building materials for mortals, +2 nature to create the flora, fauna and many biomes, +2 food and drink to stock the place out with vittles, a crop just coming in and seeds to make more vittles, +2 travel to make it a sprawling area resembling the many places that Parelle has been before, +2 sun to help create a warming, but otherwise harmless sun for the day and night cycle, +2 hope as it will be a beacon of hope for the old world, and I am destroying Parelle's old house for divine building materials to help give it the extra magical mojo for an upshift from all of the divine material that it is made from.

My best guess is that there should be about fifty square miles per biome and there are going to be dozens of biomes, so this place is going to be loving -massive-, much, much more space near the stairs earmarked for a city and extra surrounding farmland. I imagine that there would be both space and carrying capacity for millions of people down here.

4 (Pirsuq) + 4 (Reggie) + 10 (Parelle) + 2 (house) = 20

This is step one of a two step process. Create a site for the continuance of not just these mortals, but -all- mortals. Or at least as many as they can lay hands on and then gather up the remaining free mortals and bring them here. Step two is to fill it.

The tl;dr version of this is that there is a choke point entrance up top, stairs descending from the ground, which I guess would become the sky. Yet another choke point with backups on the sides. Dozens of biomes complete with flora and fauna, a small town for the travelers, a hold for the dwarves, an internal weather system and a day/night cycle complete with a sun for warmth in the day and -incredibly- tiny firefly sized specks of light to simulate stars.

Edit: Since I'm going to rolling against Reggie to see what is built I would like for the destruction of the house for divine materials to be added to my roll to keep my idea supreme instead of whatever the heck he's going to be doing.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jan 16, 2015

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle - Home

"Okay everyone," she said after the work was finished, "Home awaits. Travelers, you're done traveling. At the bottom of the stair you'll find a small city. It is yours. Stout Dwarves, you'll find your home nestled in the mountains to the east. It is a new hold. Add to it as you wish. There is warmth, shelter and food enough for everyone. I think you will all be pleased with the new accommodations. You won't all be the last to come down here. All I require from you is that you respect any who come and that they respect you. No fighting.

She called the leaders of the Travelers and the dwarven elders to the head of the line while she lead everyone down. First was the bottleneck, which was easily defensible. It sported hiding holes for ambush, wall after wall that one needed to pass through that went down, down, down. As far as mortals go, this place would be awful to assault. This was more of a token to them for piece of mind as a siege would probably be divine in origin if there ever was one.

Down the stairs from the sky everyone went. It was slow going as it wasn't meant for speed, but at most people could maybe fit six abreast. It was made for defense as well. Anyone coming down wouldn't be able to use numbers to their advantage. It would be a hideous slog. Getting everyone down took extra time. Though she watched, she wouldn't use her power. She had her eye on Reggie and she didn't want to provoke him by its sudden use. "No pushing. Everyone will get down in their proper time. If you need help then ask your neighbor. I'll catch you if you fall."

There was sort of milling about as people took stock of their bearings. The view from the top was breathtaking and one couldn't even begin to see the fullness of this place. The mortal eye just couldn't see that far. Still, at the bottom was a town in waiting for the Travelers and most importantly plenty of soft grass upon which to sit, which they were directed to. Everyone was given two types of food: A hot meal for now and rations for the next few days. For many it was their first meal in so long. Parelle had no idea when the dwarves last ate a decent meal. Pirsuq danced in the sky and though the sun was fake, the wind was real. It was a mere playpen to a nascent god, but then again, Pirsuq was young. Perhaps a playpen was just what he needed for the time being. She desperately wanted her new brother to squeeze as much happiness out of this place as he could. She doubted his childhood would be happy for long. She would need him to help fix the world after all. Him and Reggie. That didn't stop her from calling him down though.

"Hey Pirsuq? Pirsuq I need you for a few minutes," she said. "Pirsuq, Reggie is sick. Really sick. I know it may be hard for you, but I need you to be brave and help me. He tried hurting mortals to make this place. We're not supposed to hurt mortals. We're supposed to be nice to them. So I need you to...To..." she said, and struggled for words. How do you explain to a child to suppress the power of a god? "I want you to...Help me convince him to get better. Help me talk to him. And if he fights me, I want you to bind him with air without hurting him so I can help him."

She always kept her mind on Reggie and his use of power, ready to block it at a moment's notice. He wasn't just sick. He was dead. His power was there, his memories seemed to be in tact, but he still lacked that vital spark of life. She couldn't fully compose herself for that would mean taking her eye off him. She would need to unclench the metaphorical fist she held ready. She would never be ready. After all, this was all her fault. She dug around in her pack and retrieved a flask. The sip steadied her nerves. The gulp gave her courage. She paused and considered the bottle. She never drank like this when she was just a young, traveling goddess. In the part of her that feared, she added a new worry. She was becoming an alcoholic after all, but she told herself that there would be time to address that later.

First the sip, then the gulp, but because Pirsuq was watching, her guilt kept her from draining the bottle. She desperately wanted to, almost needed to...Almost. She desired numbness, but she couldn't have that luxury. "Later," she told to herself, put the cork into the stopper and put it back into its place in the pack.

"Hey Reggie? Reggie, where are you?" she called out. She knew exactly where he was and she went to him. She finally saw him standing in that unnaturally still way that he did, unblinking and unmoving. He was a corpse that walked. She lead them away from any mortals in case this went bad. "Reggie, you're sick. I'm here to fix you. Please, please don't fight me on this," she said, and tears held back for so long began to fall. "I love you. Please let me help you." She looked for Pirsuq.

And so she tried.

Two actions:

First is to shoo the mortals down the stairs and into the holy site. Everyone gets to warm up and have a meal. Their first hot meal outside of the snow in a long, long time.

The second is to fully revive Reggie. She wants to remove his -2 undeath is life (I think that was it) quality and in order to cure his homicidal building tendencies. This is a social attack to convince him to let his guard down at which point she will restore him to the fullness of life. However I really don't want for that to take two turns. If it does, she'll just pour life into him. She's recruiting Pirsuq to add his weight to her plea mostly by being there.

+4 Storm from Pirsuq to add weight to her argument as part of their Pantheon and family, +4 life to restore him to life, +2 nature to restore him to his natural living state, +2 food and drink to give her "courage", +2 hope to help her cope, +2 sun to restore warmth and life to his body, -2 not taken seriously, because she's still his kid sister and he's an undead murder mason.

Parelle - +4 life +4 storm +2 nature +2 food and drink +2 hope +2 sun -2 not taken seriously = 14

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle - Home

Parelle felt stung by his sudden rejection and then stung twice over still that he attacked her. Surely he wasn't so far gone that he would try to hurt her. But that was foolish, and Parelle was done playing the fool. He barely had the might to attack her in full and that left him off balance. Once more then while he was wrong footed.

"Yes, Reggie," she bellowed, and there was iron in her now as she dispersed her share of the grave dirt with the help of Pirsuq. "You -are- sick and you -will- get better. I made a mistake in raising you like I did and I am sorry for that, but I will have my brother back. We will be a family again and you will be a part of it." She spoke on, but the words weren't important. It was her anger, her passion and her love that would settle on him like a crushing weight. She smote him with her influence, her gravitas, with all the glory of a divinity unfurled. It would incinerate the mind of any mortal and would cow any lesser god. She would break this thing's spirit and have her brother truly back. All of that conveyed in the sisterly caress of one cheek.

Sometimes being a god means that you have to break someone before they can love you in a proper manner.

Same social attack as last time, but this time with more feeling. Also he's off balance, so I guess I get a larger bonus as he is less able to defend. Parelle casts [True Revival] again at a +16 (flipping out on social combat this time) with some extra tough love.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle - Home

Parelle takes a few moments to spit out the horrid taste of the grave. She swallows bile and glares at Reggie. She feels something crack inside of her. For the moment at least, that sisterly, patient side of her is gone. "I had hoped that you would be civil about this. Instead you attack me. If that is how it'll be, then fine. That is how it'll be. I am done with your tantrum," she said, took a drink to wash the foulness out of her mouth and spat near his feet as he continued to froth grave dirt.

Parelle musters all of her power and deals Reggie a physical blow. The roots of the earth grasp his leg, light blinds him, the life around him weakens him, and all in the blink of an eye. He treaded on her good graces. No longer. Now he must be brought to heel.

Parelle takes the damage to +2 Hope. It feels thematically appropriate.

gently caress it. Attacking with all of my traits in a non-lethal stroke along with Pirsuq. Flipping out. I'm going to render him unconscious so I can do my work. This has taken far too long.

+4 Life to weaken him, +2 travel to speed up Parelle's actions, +2 nature to whip him with vines, roots and branches, +2 sun to blind and stun him with light, +2 food and drink for the alcohol induced anger and +2 for flipping out.

4+2+2+2+2+2 = +14 in a non-lethal strike versus his +2 defense. I assume that I'm going to crush him. I also assume that a defenseless Reggie will be easier to deal with.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle - Home

So angry. From word go since the flurries turned to this hellish cold she hosed up when it came to Reggie. First not being there when he died, then reviving him wrong, then letting him persist like this, then letting him hurt her and now this. She lashed out at him, fueled by anguish, rage and self-loathing. The self-loathing was the worst by far. He was still family in his twisted way and she still needed him. She was not so far gone that she could kill him. She was spent by the end and all that was left was the sting from Reggie and Pirsuq's confusion. She knew Pirsuq was hurting, but all she could see were the fresh bruises on her knuckles. One of her older brothers used to beat her when he was drunk and angry, and now she had done it to Reggie. Every day the stress at up just a little more of her.

She turned to Pirsuq. She felt no guilt and as she peered into his grief stricken eyes. However, she knew that she was about to ruin his innocence in a way, and yet another tiny piece of the old Parelle died knowing that she must. She waited for a gap in the questions to speak, poured him some tea and began to speak.

"I'm not sure if you remember, Pirsuq, but once upon a time you were more than a storm. You were part of the ice. Up there," she said, and pointed. "I took out the ice, made you safe and left the storm, left your power. You followed me for a time until I made you family. And then we made this place. I was actually going to wait. I wanted to make a road so that the mortals could come to this place, and then make this place. You see though, Reggie was sick. I wasn't sure how sick. I didn't know that he would hurt people- Hurt me," she said, and displayed her diminished self to him, the cut that a family member knows how to make best. Without being lewd she pulled back her furs to display the slash above her heart. "Pirsuq, sweetie. I tried to help him like I helped you. The ice was bad for you and you tried to hurt me once upon a time. I was successful and neither of us were hurt. The ice was bad for you, and it was bad for me, and it was bad for the Travelers. The stakes are higher now, as we have the dwarves to help now too. Just like the ice was bad when it was in you, death is bad when it is in Reggie. It is not supposed to be there and because it is there, it made him try to hurt people. I tried to take it out of him, and I failed. He attacked me. I tried again, I failed and he hurt me. If I was hurt too much, he would hurt everyone. Hurt you, the Travelers, the dwarves, because he didn't know any better. I love him and sometimes families fight, but if someone is intent on -really- hurting you, even killing you, you have to fight back."

She looked at Reggie and winced. She had really overdone it. "It isn't right, it isn't fair, and sometimes it's mean, but if it was just Reggie and you here, you would listen to Reggie and Reggie is sick. He would have done bad things, and you would have done bad things too, not because you're bad, but because you don't know any better. So I guess I'm going to have to teach you better. Please listen. Also, I don't know if you could heal me or not, but I could really use a hug if you have one in you right now."

After a few short seconds, she did get that hug from him. It helped more than she could say.

"Now Pirsuq, we're going to drive the death away from him like I drove the ice out of you. I'm hurting, so I need you to be strong, because I'm not as strong as I was a minute ago. Dry your eyes and help me, please. I want you to stir up your storm and help push the death out of him so I can fill that space with life. When you're ready we'll start."

Trying again to revive Reggie, but now he's going to have a hard time resisting. +4 storm to push the death out of Reggie, +4 Life to kill that death and restore him to life, +2 nature to put his body back into its natural balanced state, +2 sun to restore warmth to him, +2 food and drink to revive him like she did originally, with his favorite treat.

4+4+2+2+2 = 14

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Feb 18, 2015

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle - Home

Parelle wiped tears from her eye as she stroked Pirsuq's dark hair absentmindedly. "I love you too, Pirsuq," she said, "That should make him all better and I'll watch him to make extra sure. Not a single bit of death left in him. He's still a little hurt, but with the help of this place he'll be able to heal." She touched the space over her heart and felt the cut receding, not all at once, but by inches. Her hope restored, she decided to stay by Reggie and Pirsuq's side until Reggie awoke. Though Pirsuq looked at her furtively and kept his eyes down, she hugged him tight and kissed the center of his forehead to put the seal on his improving mood. "You did very well. When he wakes up we can all talk, but until then, I have a plan."

She gathered a few items that were in her pack, on her person and kicked up from the fight. A cobblestone, fruit tree seeds, fresh water, salted beef and finally a single sunbeam conjured from her finger. She still marveled that she now had control over the sun, however small that might be. She frowned and thought, then thought again, then looked at Reggie and bit her lip.

"We may need his help for this. I suppose we can wait until Reggie wakes up. We can gather some power to make it easier though, however. If he's still weak, his advice would be welcome. Pirsuq, I'd like you to gather power for me for a little while, please."

Almost as an afterthought she briefly looked into the underpinnings of Home, had a wonderful idea and then bade it grow a small number of fruit trees near the town of the Travelers. It would be best not to let any of that power that could be used doing something else go to waste.

Then through home she spoke to the Travelers and the dwarves. Her voice was soft and she did her best to radiate confidence and kindness into the ear of each and every mortal there. "Hello everyone, this is Parelle. I would like for representatives to be sent to me on top of the hill where I am currently located," and she directed the false sun of Home to shine brightly down on Her, Pirsuq and Reggie, "In order to discuss any needs you may still have, grievances or thoughts in general. We are here to help you. Talk among yourselves and send me representatives within the hour." She ended her communication through home abruptly and went back to her consentrating, but not before she smiled and winked at Pirsuq. "They're our responsibility. We don't need to make them all deliriously happy. Safe was a start, now we see what they need."

Healed up +2 Hope.

I decided to get Parelle and Pirsuq to wait a turn building power in order to get two upshifts, one for him and one for Parelle, along with having Reggie awake next round, which would make constructing a road much easier. I'll attempt to create the road next round when I have more resources.

Instead, I'd just like an update on what the Travelers and the Dwarves are doing, if they have any problems and basically just take the temperature of the two groups.

Parelle is creating a road seed. It will quickly sprout a massive, sprawling +2 Travel item that can be used by anyone to move almost as quickly as she can with the -2 quality No Banditry. Taking something of someone else's on the road means that the road would be forever lost to the thief, even divine thieves, though they could still send mortals on it. Both traits would be obvious to mortals and divine.

The road's purpose is to grow towards settlements, stop, and declare its purpose and entice people onto it to come to Home. The road seed would then -stop- growing in that direction so it doesn't accidentally pave the world.

It is also specifically prohibited from going to hell and letting out souls.

The passive effect from this is that Home will start to swell in size from any mortals that come. Also she'll be able to see if there are any other minor races out there. Parelle wants a metropolitan Home. Everyone is welcome and since all biomes are available, everyone would recognize the type of place that they would live in.

The qualities that mortals would notice would be images of Reggie, Pirsuq and Parelle explaining what the road is and where it goes. The road is rather warm and will keep the snow off, has plenty of camping opportunities, a wind that always helps push you forward, food on the road for the trip and anyone, divine or mortal, will cross amazing amounts of ground in short amounts of time. Home is also the prime destination for the roads. While other roads may occasionally cross, all roads lead to Home. Fofofo.

+4 Storm to help protect from storms, +2 Nature to make the seed and the plants that spring from it, +2 travel to give the road its shape, +2 sun to heat the road and keep it from being obscured, +2 food and drink to make both abundant on the road, +2 hope to attract desperate mortals to come.

4+2+2+2+2+2=14

I'm tasking Home with +4 Life to create a small grove of fruit bearing trees near the base of the stairs. They will be created with a yet unspecified divine fruit for the next action, though they have no special properties as of yet. Mostly I'd like an upshift to a follow up action next round for a neato action.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Feb 21, 2015

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle - Home

Parelle talked with her Travelers while she and Pirsuq gathered energy for greater working. She granted mundane boons, "blessed" children (which mostly came down to ruffling their hair), and clapped with the minstrels. The dwarves though were more troubling. She knew they would be hostile, but this man who came on his hands and knees before her and then ran away left her in a sort of stunned silence. As a culture was this just what they expected of divinity, or was she so scary at one point that terror was all that they expected of her? There was also the prayer and while she didn't think that they could move any great workings themselves, perhaps it was time to do something about it. Finally there were the fruit trees that she bade Home to make. A tiny step, but it was interesting that Home could create on its own.

Instead of leaving Reggie here with Pirsuq while she talked to them, she worked a tiny magic to conceal him, wound some string around his hands and slung them around her neck. She carried him like that. Even in his weakened state, he might hurt Pirsuq before he fully woke up without her here, so she just took him with her. She called Pirsuq down. "Hey Pirsuq, how would you like to have some followers?" she asked, and after the cheering, dancing and flying around, she agreed to let him try it on his own with the help of Home for extra power in creating new life, though with some suggestions so he didn't create monsters by mistake. A little guidance in the right direction was all he needed, and his own race of people may make him more mindful of mortals.

Over she trudged to the Dwarves. She understood why they didn't like her. They were a severe, unforgiving people with a severe, unforgiving god. They expected retribution when they displeased her. She would show them a better way. She took her time to gather every single one of them. Herding mortals was much like herding cats, but as the goddess of travel and free food, it wasn't too difficult to get people in one spot. Keeping them there though was another.

"Hello Dwarves, honored shapers of stone. I am Parelle. You know this. When I asked that you send representatives to address any ills or grievances you had, the single representative sent fell to his hands and knees before me. This was not acceptable," she said, and paused to give the last statement a little extra oomph in terms of theater. "It is not acceptable that I acted badly towards Vendruck, for that was my first time truly in a fight. It was never my intention to kill him though. Furthermore, every single one of you that made your way out of your mountain home that day was lead out by me. Vendruck sustained you until he fell, I carried the torch and lead you out, when it would have been easier to walk away from all of that madness and death to let you be enslaved or eaten. Let me restate that again for emphasis. If you think I am some tyrant or that I am evil, then I am by far the least of the evils that is left. Exercising my kindness put the Travelers, Pirsuq and me in harm's way. I did not ask for gratitude, but you are guests. You live under my roof, are warmed by my sun, are nourished by food and sleep safely because my pantheon is here to protect you. In my experience gods are often primal and cruel. Vendruck took your faith to keep himself alive. If I were to convert you, the only way I could get any more power from you would be to murder you," she said, and her tears were bitter. "I have never done this thing, nor would I, and I would defend you from those who would. And from even the most cynical perspective, if nothing else, I could have used that power a long time ago. It would have served me in ways that few of you could understand. The fact that you all are alive, fed, healthy and well treated means that I have treated you better than any of you would get from almost any other god. My kind, the divine, are normally not kind to mortals. Gods are cruel and careless creatures, and many would have shredded your souls to warm themselves. So this is the deal. I am going to show you all a better way. I will show you warmth, kindness, compassion. I do not think that you lack these things, but I am sure that your race is lacking in civility, because after I broke my back to get you here, I did not hear one, single word of thanks. Not a single. loving. Thank. You." Parelle said, furious not that they had rejected her, but that she was unappreciated for what she did and continued to do for them.

She closed, for Reggie was stirring now from his sleep. She had to cut this short to be there for him when he woke up. "In short, I do not expect that kindness, that compassion, that warmth from you. I would rather nurture it, if for nothing else so the mortals that survive this winter aren't psychicly damaged savages. However, in the meantime, you will show me some civility. When Vendruck shows up you may leave with him. Perhaps then you can tell him how terrible a host I have been."

Without another word said, she walks away and back to the same hill where she was before.

Mic drop.

Parelle is just going to bite the bullet and convert the dwarves, but not in a way that makes them completely forsake Vendruck. She's also dropping a ton of shame on them for being terrible houseguests. :v: They can stay as long as they like and go home with Vendruck as long as he has a safe place for them, though any of their number are welcome to stay, and it would probably be a better idea not to keep all of the eggs in one basket.

Parelle is using all of her domains to convert them. I don't think I need to list them all, as she has used every single one of them at one time or another to keep them from freezing to death, being eaten, enslaved or soul murdered. So +10 in domains, but -2 for not taken seriously. Had to edit that in because I forgot, sorry!

I'm getting Pirsuq to create some wind people. Wind sprites that looked vaguely humanoid, they would be much like Pirsuq and just big enough to keep predation from the larger birds down to a minimum. Flighty, prone to whim and fancy, occasionally fickle and distracted. An innocent race for an innocent god, though Parelle did include some instructions to build in a basic moral code that keeps them from being savage murderbeasts while allowing room for development of their own culture without too many restraints, human level intelligence and the ability to speak and understand common. The only real special thing about them would be their ability to fly, though from wings or the ability to control the wind or just plain old magic would be up to Pirsuq.

+4 Storm and +4 Life (from the holy ground) to create them.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Feb 26, 2015

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle - Home

Home bustled now. The Travelers claimed pre-built homes, the dwarves were less grumpy towards Parelle, though still grumpy in general, and Parelle new race all to himself, the wildlings, flitted here and there as each moment alive provided new discovery after new discovery. She assumed that whatever Pirsuq did to make such wondrous creatures that it was successful, and that made her smile. Having followers is a big responsibility and Parelle hoped that Pirsuq would grow side by side with his new race. "They're handsome creatures," she thought, "I didn't expect Pirsuq to have aesthetic taste. Weird. Somehow I expected...I dunno...Something else less...Them."

Best of all is that Reggie was finally starting to stir. Home wasn't exactly calm, much like a house full of children is never calm, but nothing was blowing up, no one was dying, no one was freezing, no one was starving. For at least a little while misery had been banished from a part of the world, if only for a little while. It made for the perfect place to wake up. Pirsuq was family, but he was a baby brother, and though the bond with him was special, she didn't have the history that she did with someone like Reggie, though it was something she longed to create.

She laid his head on his lap and sang songs to him- His songs, his worshipers songs, they would have to be taught again. Songs of the virtues of labor, rejoicing in creation and even a gentle rendition of "Knock off For the Day". A bar song about two drunk carpenters that jousted with bad cuts of wood on donkeys while the townsfolk laughed and took bets. It made her blush, and no one would hear it but her, but it seemed appropriate to sing in the moment, though inappropriate at any other time. Never had it been sang so gently though. Now and again she would stroke his hair and at least in the cosmetic sense she smoothed over the dent in his head.

She did this for hours, and eventually his voice joined hers. A weaker, rougher tenor to her alto, though she kept his head in her lap and didn't change.

He asked if she sang "Knock Off", or if he was just dreaming that. Being a proper lady of course, she changed the subject.

"I'm not sure how much you remember, so I guess I'll start from the beginning. It's going to be a long story."

She told him of how the world began to freeze. She told him that she went home to find the house wrecked and her family dead. She told him that after burying them, she fled in her grief. She told him about striding far and wide. She told him about saving the Travelers and taming the storm that she named Pirsuq. She told him of the siege, rescuing the dwarves and though she hestitated to say it, she told him how she almost merged with the dwarven god and then faced down the warden of hell. She told him of traveling here and there, and then back to the house. She told him that she revived him first and did it wrong, and was scared to revive her brothers and sisters. She told him of Pirsuq, no longer just a storm, but now her adopted little brother. She told him of Home and her struggle to make it a refuge with him fighting her. Then him actually fighting her, and how she tried to calm him twice before she had to subdue him. She told him of his resurrection, and that she was stupid, and that she should have done everything better, thought more, considered the consequences, measured twice before cutting the once as it were. She told him that it wasn't his fault. She asked for his forgiveness. She asked for his help in fixing the world.

And then, after a long time, she finally asked him what he thought about the road seed, because there were still mortals out there who needed help. At least she hoped there were. Later when it was time to make it, she would call Pirsuq to meet a restored Reggie and help with the road seed.

Finally making the road seed. It's getting planted at the mouth of Home when it is created. It will quickly sprout a massive, sprawling +2 Travel item that can be used by anyone to move almost as quickly as she can. Mortals will be able to move as fast as a +2 demigod while on it, while gods will have access to it to move all the faster.

The road's purpose is to grow towards settlements, stop, and declare its purpose and entice people onto it to come to Home. The road seed would then -stop- growing in that direction so it doesn't accidentally pave the world.

It is also specifically prohibited from going to hell and letting out souls.

The passive effect from this is that Home will start to swell in size from any mortals that come. Everyone is welcome. Parelle wants a metropolitan Home. Everyone is welcome and since all biomes are available, everyone would recognize the type of place that they would live in.

The qualities that would effect mortals:

1. There would be images of Reggie, Pirsuq and Parelle explaining what the road is and where it goes and who they are.

2. The road is rather warm and will keep the snow off, has places to camp, and there is some food on the road for the trip, though never enough to stay in one place.

3. It repairs itself, though slowly. Concentrated effort could break the road. The frailty is a safety measure to keep any screw ups from dooming the world to being paved.

4. Finally a minor compulsion that if they have no other place to go, or if the place where they are is falling apart, they will come to Home.

Home is also the prime destination for the roads. While other roads may occasionally cross, all roads lead to Home. Fofofo.

+4 Storm to help protect from storms, +2 Nature to make the seed and the plants that spring from it, +2 travel to give the road its shape, +2 sun to heat the road and keep it from being obscured, +2 food and drink to make both abundant on the road, +2 hope to attract desperate mortals to come, +4 construction from Reggie, as it is a road, +4 Life from Home to make the seed, a +2 upshift from the fruit trees that were made by Home, and a +2 upshift from Parelle when she was taking a turn to concentrate.

4+2+2+2+2+2+4+4+2+2 = 26

Cross your fingers in hopes that this doesn't gently caress everything. I'm extremely uncomfortable with ramming all of this raw power into the road seed, but getting roads and communication working would be the first step to stopping the ice, and I am finally in a position to address it.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Mar 4, 2015

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle - Home

Parelle sensed the road as it rolled out above in a mix of fascination and awe through her power of Travel. What Reggie said made sense, and someone could just roll it up and take it for themselves. The ice would hit it eventually. This made her think, and then think again about what next to do. She stroked Reggie's hair as she pondered. Pirsuq and Reggie got to know each other, and when Pirsuq was just a little too rambunctious, she asked him to calm down just a bit, since Reggie was still tired. Later when Reggie was feeling well enough to walk, she fixed him his favorite food which was a stew filled with potatoes, beef and beer. Then she introduced Pirsuq to strawberries which went off about as expected for someone who has never had them before.

"I think I know what to do about the road problem. At least the gods thing. Not sure about the ice yet. I've never worked on something this big before," she said, and furrowed her brow. Before the ice came she normally only helped out travelers in a bad way and cooked. She was so ridiculously out of her depth, so she brought it back to what she knew.

"I'm just going to stick my thumb on it," she said gormlessly. She let that hang there for a few seconds before giggling. She felt more than a little giddy from the relief that Road hadn't paved the world, and gently teased the two as a result. "I'm kidding. I figure the best way to deal with all of this is just to walk the road for a bit. I'll be able to keep an eye on it better on top of things anyway. I'm going to start rescuing people."

She worried at her lip. Should she bring Pirsuq? Reggie would probably be okay on his own for a while with the help of Home to draw on, but she didn't want to take that chance. "Pirsuq, I would like you to stay here with Reggie and help him. Be extra sure to be nice to the mortals while I'm away." She shushed the protests as they came. "I'm strong, but Reggie is still recovering. I won't be gone for a long time. This is just a quick test for the road, rescue some people, think about how to keep people from stealing the road and come back. It won't take long at all. Promise."

There was hugging. There were tears. There were promises to return quickly. Parelle feet itched to move again. There was part of her that was a homebody, the kind that cooked, cleaned and tended the hearth, but Parelle's feet longed for the road. She just played a part in making the biggest road that there ever was. How could she not walk it?

"One thing before I leave though. Well, two. I want you two to do what you think is best while I'm gone, but the road has shown absolutely everyone where we are. I would like you to organize some defenses just in case with the help of Home. I figure that between you two and this place you can adequately defend yourselves. Pirsuq, listen to Reggie. He has done stuff like this before."

Parelle is leaving Home for a while. She promised Reggie and Pirsuq that she will return in ooc terms what would be two to three turns, barring unforeseen circumstances. She's planning on rescuing as many people as she can in a single turn and bringing them back to Home. Metaphorically she'll be picking the low hanging fruit. Pick the shortest roads, follow them, send the mortals to Home. Technically she's going to return to home over and over again as the roads don't connect and staying on Road will be faster than cutting across. When she returns she'll roll up the then unneeded section of road on her way back to help reduce the chances of an ice storm hitting it.

Since there is already a compulsion on the road to get people to Travel to on it, she's not going to stick around for a long period of time trying to convince people. Think of this as a social attack to get people to come as the travel should be super easy.

Also, very important, stating it again, Parelle is going to roll the road up behind her to reduce the chance of the ice storm hitting it.

+2 sun to cut through the cold and display warmth to people, +6 road and +2 travel to show her ability to control this freaky-rear end road and that she's a god so they should be impressed, +2 food and drink to keep that breakneck pace and offer it to people who want to travel, +2 hope because she is trying to help people and therefor restoring hope to others, and -2 not taken seriously, -2 protector of mortals as the road will roll up behind her as she leaves to keep the sprawl down and reduce the chance of an ice storm hitting it. This will probably doom anyone stubborn enough not to come, but she doesn't have time to coddle the holdouts while everyone is dying, even though she wants to. People who are sick will be taken by the healthy, but she doesn't have enough time to coddle everyone, though she will roll that road up later if the mortals lag behind.

2+6+2+2+2-2-2 = 10 to rescue as many mortals as possible in a single turn as an experiment.

Also if anyone tries picking it up, she will abandon the previous action and oppose anyone trying to pick it up with her relevant domains.

+2 sun to set the end of that road to burning, +2 nature and +2 travel to make the road/plant recoil, +2 food and drink to give her the strength to do it, +2 hope as this is currently her only plan to save mortal kind, and she -needs- that to keep going. Also adding on the +6 road itself if I can swing it, as Parelle knows how it works better than others.

2+2+2+2+2(+6?) = 10 (16?) to oppose Road theft.

Pirsuq, Reggie and Home are going to make a defensive spell. Essentially it'll just absorb damage as long as they are in Home. +4 Storm to discourage attackers, +4 Construction to reinforce home's defenses, +4 Life to bolster them while they do it. Also it should be permeable to mortals, so as not to lock anyone out or in.

4+4+4 = 12 for a one shot defensive armor spell. Permanent until discharged.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Mar 10, 2015

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle - On the Road

Parelle almost flew with how fast the road made her. There were cities, settlements, villas and on one occasion a literal hole in the ground which only yawned up a number of starving children. These people had been pushed past their limitations and far beyond. Many had survivors among them who had resorted to theft and robbery to fill their stomachs, both bad and once good people. Once that was over, she could mark the cannibals by the empty larders and lack of hollow cheeks. Could she blame them? No. Did it disgust her? Yes. Could she understand them? No, "Or at least not yet," said a horrible voice in the back of her mind. The journey was one of extreme highs and low, destruction, chaos, depravity, but always the joy of being rescued, and it was a rare event that there were holdouts. Most of those who were were either literally insane, or so stubborn and inflexible that it could have been insanity One man living in the ruins of a mansion who claimed that he was one with the land, and could never abandon it still made her shiver. Thankfully not all of the settlements stank of depravity. In places where there was once plenty, some communities pulled together instead of turning on each other, and those were a joy to rescue. Sadly, unlike the Travelers, she couldn't visit with them. There simply wasn't the time beyond talking to them, watching disbelief turn to joy, feeding them and taking them to Home, then yet again seeing their amazement once they came to the mouth of Home. She nearly lost a few to heart attacks and more than a handful from each new group had to be roused from fainting spells. She never had enough time to get them settled though, and left that bit to the original group of Travelers themselves with oversight from Reggie and Pirsuq.

After checking in with Pirsuq and Reggie to make sure they were okay, like the overbearing sister that she was, Parelle asked Reggie to do a somber thing. Their siblings' bodies were still on the surface above home, and they should be transported somewhere safer inside of home for the time when their revival can be possible. It was an ugly thing to ask, especially since one of those graves was one of Reggie's own, but she didn't know who else she could trust. Pirsuq was still too innocent to ask.

After a while she did encounter the road to two gods though. The enormous phallic shaped god which looked like a snail in its new city, on its back no less, and a mountain hold. Without getting too close, she reeled back that piece of road slowly and carefully. It didn't attack her, but it seemed too alien to communicate with. Also it ate people, and that was gross.

She did turn her sights toward the mountain city though and walked there, keeping a mindful eye on the road to make sure that no one stole it while she was walking on it. Almost as an afterthought she crafted an emissary as she neared its gates. Something made of her new power of nature, and her older powers of travel and hope. A bird to communicate a simple message through. She whispered to it simply and said, "Hello, my name is Parelle. I am a goddess and I would like to talk to whoever is in charge. I mean no harm as long as none is given." That single message imprinted on it, she sent it into the city towards the god as she waited apprehensively.

Popping in on Reggie for a minute to check and see that he hasn't blown anything up, but no news is good news, thankfully. I would like to just do a quick check in to make sure everything isn't blowing up before leaving again.

With the initial defenses done for Home (I'm assuming), I'd like a proper grave site for Parelle's brothers and sisters to be created and will give that awful task with Reggie, though she doesn't want to. What I would like for it to be is a place that would have to busted through in order to get the loose AP. Parelle's brothers and sisters are dead, but they can be resurrected. However if all of their AP is drained, I assume they would be dead for good.

+4 Construction to create the grave site, +4 Life to give Reggie the extra strength to do it. Not looking to create a divine item or something, just something that'll stand up to an attack or an infiltrator for a round or two to help preserve her siblings for a better time to revive them. Moving it within Home as well, as it being outside is a bad thing and will probably attract hungry bears or something.

Reeling the road away from the dwarven hold that is being used as a shell. I'm not getting close to it, more pulling it back slowly.

Like the previous action, I'll abandon any action if someone tries to steal the road to grab said road at a +10, with a possible +16 if I can use said road to oppose. Otherwise I'll just Travel to the Mountain City and see what's up using the same travel spell from my latest previous action. Sending a simple messenger bird, which I suppose would be the divine version of a cantrip.

Pirsuq is left to his own devices, though if Reggie sees a way to help him, that's cool too.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Mar 20, 2015

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle - Ascelon

Parelle thinks about what to do next as she waits. Maybe a gift? Gifts are good. She stops and talks to people as they move hither and thither from Home to Ascelon and vice versa. Part of her was sad that people were leaving Home, but she was glad to see people on the road. Those who didn't bow and scrape to her did offer gossip, which was nice for a change. Road rumors are the best. Apparently she was a heroic savior, a horrible, yet polite necromancer and a great cook. One young and fairly handsome man in on his way out from Ascelon even dropped a marriage proposal on her, as apocalyptic times tend to spur those kinds of feelings. She laughed, fluttered her frozen lashes at him and told him that if he's still interested once she got to her Home that she might entertain the idea. She watched him blanch as she started a fire from nothing, pulled cookware and food out of a pack that was too small to hold even the tiniest portion of what she produced and began cooking for a population of millions alone.

She sighed as he ran back off toward Ascelon, abandoning his tip to Home. She had been half serious, and the sudden boost in her confidence dipped slightly. It was embarrassing to say, but mortal or divine, she never had a husband before and she wasn't one to enjoy mortal dalliances like some of her brothers and sisters. She was always too busy with travel and family in equal amounts. She added further spices and thought what it would be like to have a husband to kiss and squeeze and warm her bed. There was a good chance that she might die after all, and finding love might be just the thing to do. Her already cold reddened cheeks turned a darker shade of red and she giggled as she stirred her bubbling pot. Yes, apocalypse really does turn one's mind towards these sorts of a things. A husband might be a nice to have after all if one was brave enough for the task.

"Maybe even two," she said, the only words she said out loud at all so far as a private joke to herself. She giggled as she finished the stew. "You're so bad. Shut up, Parelle," she said as she mocked herself, which only made her giggle more.

Parelle is going to make a divine gift for Ascelon of food. It has a ton of people after all and provisions won't last forever.

+2 food and drink as it is food and drink, +2 hope for the promise of delicious fresh food, +2 sun to make it a hot meal, +2 nature to make it tasty with peppery herbs and spices.

If no envoy is sent, she's just going to head home, but she will leave the food. She will roll up the road, but only after clearing both sides so no one gets stranded. No diplomacy means no road, as she's aware that it can get stolen at any time.

2+2+2+2=+8 to make the food blessing for everyone.

Still got my finger on the road just in case anyone tries to gank it as an interrupting action.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Mar 27, 2015

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle - Aesculus

Parelle waited on the stews as they simmered. She tasted them and seasoned them to perfection. She tipped the contents of one slower cooking pot into another when the dove she sent out perched on her shoulder with a shiny, new set of armor and a new voice with a new message.

"I Ascalon, Lord of Aesculus, first lord of flame and forge bid you greetings. I am grateful to you for not attacking my people and allowing more to come to my fortress. We possess a great deal here, but more help is always appreciated. I give you this token and bid you welcome. If anything requires my attention, send it to me via this bird. P.S. Please keep the Bird Armour, I believe it adds to the power of the Bird," said the bird. It then chirped, its voice made tinny by the armor.

She smiled at the new addition and then pursed her lips. It dawned on her that while the gift was amusing, it might show a small amusement at her. Perhaps she should crow a little to be taken more seriously. "Thank you for your invitation lord of forge and flame. I prepare supplies for your people as a gift, as growing anything in the cold is nearly impossible at best. I have traveled here and there in the cold, tamed a storm, saved travelers, saved the last of the remaining dwarves, fought the lord of hell and sent him running, raised one of my brother gods from the dead, formed a pantheon, created a holy ground that contains all of the flora and fauna that once covered the land to seed it once again, created a road that can span the planet and saved those stray mortals that I could easily find out in the cold. Perhaps you have heard of some of my deeds from the travelers on the road," she said, bemused. "You may have heard of what I was. Once I was a small god, but that was then and this is now. I have built a base of power. The reason I come here however is because I do not even begin to know where to address the problem of the cold. Perhaps we could meet and exchange ideas. If nothing else I can assist you in more fully preparing your city for this frigid weather while I am here."

She sends the bird off and it disappears into the air, its wings beating a rapid metallic sound.

Not rolling up the road as Ascelon seems like a pretty cool guy and I will continue to permit more people on the road to come and go as they please. Just talk for now.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle - Ascalon

Parelle couldn't have hoped for better terms than to speak to him. Aesculus' people were well fed, well treated and taken care of. She believed that the measure of a god was how they treated mortals. She pursed her lips and looked back at her road. While it did set down roots, anyone could simply uproot it and steal it. She thought on that for a moment and simply had it follow her into the city. It would merely be a path that she could roll up when she was done. It assembled before her brick by brick as she walked directly into Ascalaon. Though she was invited to speak with him in his city, she didn't go straight to him and decided to meet his people. Part of this was self-defeating as she did not hide her divinity. She was used to walking among her Travelers and being spoken to tersely by dwarves. So when her mere presence overawed everyone who saw her that made her sigh inwardly as it was too late to change any of that. She did manage to buy some spices and a greasy kebab. And so Parelle, leader of the thirteen, walker of the horizon, tamer of storms, rescuer of the dwarven people and crafter of great works ate a greasy kebab with meat of unknown origin, sucked the grease from her divine fingers and wiped the remnants of the sticky mess on her travel pants. This of course made the onlookers take her a fraction less seriously from the lack of grace and majesty, but she didn't notice and nor would she particularly care if she did.

It occurred to Parelle that she may need to create that whole priesthood thing. She had one at one point, but they were primarily part time priests and tinkers that fixed her roadside shrines. Now that she was sort of a big deal as far as gods went, she would probably need to set down at least some basic rules to follow for her worshipers. It was still strange to have those too, but she had slowly grown used to them, though was still appreciative. She fed some seed to her armored dove as it rested on her shoulders.

"I think I have a new use for you," she said to the bird and fed it a few divinely charged seeds and laid hands on it to change its nature further into a longer legged beast. The armor became a part of it to protect it from the cold and she shaped it to become sleek and aerodynamic to cut the wind as it ran. As a finishing touch she flung a pack onto it and put in a few baubles for Pirsuq and Reggie that she bought in the city. A wooden wind chime for Pirsuq and an iron figurine for Reggie. "Okay, she said, now repeat this to Reggie and Pirsuq. "I am Parelle's new messenger ummm...Rodney. I'm currently in Ascelon and have arranged a meeting with Ascelus to share information and perhaps even forge an alliance. I believe the meeting will be fruitful. I will be heading back to Home after the meeting. Please continue reinforce the defenses of Home as you both see fit. There are presents for both of you in the pack. Please send Rodney back to me with tidings of how you are both doing. I miss and love you both and hope you are both doing well. Remember to give precise instructions to Rodney as he is still rather untested." She gave her precise instructions on how to find Home and sent her new messenger off. Hopefully she did that right.

Following the path of the bird back to Aesculus, for she had seen its flight, she decided to confront him directly at what appeared to be a forge. You couldn't mistake that hammering for anything else but a god's work anyway. She strode past his particularly well armored guards, into his divine home and accidentally sparked a panic among the mortal guards, priests and other workers that hadn't yet been informed of who she was as she took his assent for a meeting as an invitation to meet right now. The beating of his hammer intensified as she walked into his home and peeked her head into his forge.

"Need a hand with some forging?" she said, produced a tiny flick of fire from her fingertip and put on a brave smile, though she still appeared to be nervous. "I know you look busy right now, but I'd like to talk face to face, and you treat your mortals so well that I thought I wouldn't need a neutral location to come and talk to you. I figure that someone that treats his followers well can't be all bad. Oh and I think I made your guards panic a little by coming in so quickly. I did stroll around the city so rumor would tell you that I was here, but I suppose I need to slow down a bit. I was hoping we could talk and not kill each other, as I'm about one for two with peaceful talks and god fights. I'm all for peace, so I guess it's up to you for how this is going to be," she said quickly, though her last statement hung in the air as she waited on a response.

Moving right up to Aesculus and saying hello. Sup Aesculus. She pretty much rocketed in and left a path behind her. It's gotta be the shoes.

Bidding the Road to follow into the city so Parelle can step on it if necessary and keep anyone from stealing it. Again she'll abandon any action if someone threatens to take her road to try and snatch it back.

Parelle is going to create Rodney the divine messenger as Road Runner would be an even worse name and I am not good at naming right now. She already has a super cool metal bird and a road, so why not make them work together? +2 Travel to make it fast, +6 Road to make it faster, +2 Food and Drink to make it strong through superior feed, +2 Nature to change its shape to something more fitting something that runs over flying, +2 sun to keep it warm while moving so quickly.

I'm not aiming to create a god, just a better than average immortal being that can accomplish a the single task of quick communication easily. It would allow for near-instantaneous communication as long as it is using the Road as it is built for speed and the road would make it run even faster by using it. It can follow instructions that have to do with messaging, seek the person it needs to find and will repeat messages to the intended person or people. Basically when I send out a message I'd like the answer to be received within a turn, and then the turn around would be another turn so long as it travels on the Road. Non-Road travel would of course be slower.

The simple message for Reggie and Pirsuq is "How are you doing, what are you doing, meeting a god, be back soon," as a basic checkup and status report from the overbearing helicopter parent that she is.

2+6+2+2+2 = 14

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle -Ascelon

"I really hoped to talk to you and..." she trails off, and notices, strangely, that the forge god is not there. She extinguishes the flame on her finger and puts her hands on her hips. "Maybe he had to leave suddenly," she says to herself. She leans over and speaks to Rodney, "Hello Asculus, I seemed to have missed you and have been away from Home for too long. I'm going to pick up some mortals and head on back. Our armored bird, whom I have named Rodney, can serve as a swift messenger for the two of us if you wish to speak more at length. I did wish to meet you face to face, but I must go. Feel free to visit Home any time you wish. Just make your presence known first," she said to the bird. "Go find him," she said to Rodney and she sped off out the way she came, rolling up the road with her past startled guards and priests. "Nice meeting you all! Sorry about the mess!" she said as the road created divots in the ground as it was uprooted.

She made her way through town and announced, "I, Parelle, and heading to my lands. Anyone who wishes safe travel with me gather their possessions and meet me at the gate where the Road has appeared in one hour. I promise safe travel, plenty of space and food." It wasn't a particularly loud announcement, but it did travel to the ears of all, through alehouses, taprooms, feast halls and markets, anywhere where restless feet are to be found. She called the few wildlings that came with Rodney the first time to her, for she didn't know if they would survive here or not and took all who wished to travel with her Home.

She did notice the sizable number of new roads as she dropped off those at Home and pursed her lips. She could greet Pirsuq and Reggie, or she could spare a few hours and pick up some more people. She ached for a homecoming, but she felt a responsibility to gather more people and roll the road back. It shouldn't take long. She pinned a note to one of those who traveled with her and off she went down the trail to pick up more survivors.

I would like to establish the road between Ascelon and Home as permanent and pinch that piece off in order to keep it from being stolen, though I suppose it could still be uprooted. I'd like to know if that can be done without damaging the Road overmuch.

Parelle is going Home, but on the way she is going to pick up survivors and roll the road back again. Like the spokes of a wheel she will constantly return Home each time she picks up new ones, roll up the road behind them, drop them off and continue on until she finally ends up back at home after a few hours' work.

+6 road and +2 travel to make the going fast, +2 food and drink to stay hale and hearty and lure survivors, +2 sun to stay warm, +2 hope to offer succor to those in need, -2 not taken seriously as those who need help may not take her words to be true.

6+2+2+2+2-2 = 12

She will end up back at Home when it's all said and done.

Also I'll abandon the attempt to stomp on the road if someone tries picking it up as always.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle - Home

Parelle didn't visit Home. At least not at first. She had this vague feeling that she wouldn't be able to get anything done if she put a single foot inside. She never stayed long enough to be pulled down into Home while she felt like she could do some good, though she could have sworn she saw Pirsuq staring out of the mouth more than once in anticipation. This time she didn't allow people to freeze and die. There were fewer mortals around to be sure and she scooped up every last one of them. No matter how awful, how tainted, how damaged, she took them all. They would understand once they were warm and had food in their bellies.

Her homecoming was a different thing altogether. She slowly descended on her road down the stairs and it wasn't exactly like she left it. The din of wings and high pitched noises filled her ears. Wildlings filled the sky and they heralded her coming. Her Travelers both new and her originals that she saved from the ice storm that Pirsuq once was rejoiced and danced. She hugged Pirsuq and she squealed in delight to be with her little brother again. She hugged Reggie and danced with her older brother. She got drunk, told jokes, danced like the harvest was done and even indulged in kissing a few of the prettier mortal men, though only the ones who didn't already belong to a woman.

She was busy contemplating the wildlings and seriously considering tweaking their birthing rates so Home wouldn't drown in them when all hell broke loose in the most literal of senses. Part of her panicked as the dark set in, but people needed her. Her family, both alive and dead, her Travelers, the wildlings, even the Dwarves if Vendruck was intent on taking them down to hell. She took a swig of her most potent alcohol, spat it into the air and produced a fireball which rapidly changed from blue, to yellow, to orange, to green as she supercharged a ball of plasma inside of her hand. Pirsuq became the gauntlet of her left hand, and she wreathed her other in fire. She called for her Road and found it underfoot and she was in her demesne, and found life flowing around her.

"I suppose I do," she called back, the alcohol from the drunken revel lending her both courage and anger. "Reggie, protect the mortals, Pirsuq, to me. I'll cover both of you. Everyone else, pray," she said quickly, as she snapped out commands.

Her first impulse was to negotiate, to give them what they wanted so they could go. She had been gathering doomed men, women and children from the surface from the ice and for what? Hell was full of all of the dead souls since hell was made. She rescued a few from the ice, but who would rescue the damned souls from fire? Why should mortals be punished with torment forever by demons for the few short years that they had been alive? She disagreed with the very notion of hell and in her power, for better or worse, she had the power to bring down the false justice of gods, vengeance masquerading as justice.

If she won, there would be a crusade on hell. It would be broken, the most powerful demons purged and shaped to suit a new purpose. If they won, well...If they won, they are surely more powerful, and they would be better equipped to face the ice. Part of her felt bad for Pirsuq, for Reggie, for the mortals here, but there would be no better time than now to strike. Besides, there was no guarantee that they would just take the dwarves and kill them all.

She pulled weakness up from a different time, when she was Parelle the cook, Parelle the maid, Parelle the ignored. She didn't need to feign fear and apprehension, she felt it. That old part of her just magnified it as he shoulders slumped and the fire in her fist dimmed a little. She nodded slowly, making sure to drop her eyes and dipped a tiny, awkward curtsy. "You are right. I have something of yours. The dwarves belong to you, Lord Vendruck," she said meekly to lull them into a sense of false confidence, even if just for a moment. She wanted to look as if she was ready to fight, but desperate to avoid it.

Pirsuq storm slackened against her skin, but her muscles tightening for attack made him ready again. She sprang forward. The road ate the ground, Home flared to life, she and Pirsuq struck as one in a blur of speed. Sun and storm both poised to strike. "But Malador is mine!"

Win or lose, her life would change forever. No one would look down on her ever again.

So originally I was going to wait for them to attack, to try and negotiate, but gently caress it. This is Parelle's house and if they knew anything about her, they just could have asked. Maybe that's not their style, but she is a powerful being and if they didn't figure that out yet or do their homework with some spies they're earning this godfight.

This is where the best part of having multiple followers comes into play. I can do multiple things at once when poo poo hits the fan!

I'm not going to waste a turn on social combat when they could get free shots at me. Going straight for Malador and straight for the kill.

1. Grabbing as much AP as I can from the area as long as it comes from mortals. The AP from her dead family is thankfully hidden away and behind defenses that would take an action to burst through thanks to Reggie, so at least there's that.

2. Pirsuq is going to act jointly with Parelle.

3. Reggie will protect the mortals. He's instructed to just block any harm to them or Home and play it cagey for a +6.

4. Parelle is going straight for the kill on Malador and will use her superior speed to intercept any attacks on Reggie or Pirsuq. She's taking the hits, not them.

Parelle will use +6 Road, +2 Travel and +4 Wind Storm to take the initiative and attack with blinding speed, +2 Nature to whip Malador with roots and thorns, +2 Sun and +2 Food and Drink to get an alcohol fueled star up and running on her hand and +4 Life give Parelle vitality, +2 Hope because the only future in which she imagines is one in which she wins.

6+2+4+2+2+2+4+2 = 24 to kill Malador. Parelle wouldn't be averse to cleaning up hell for the better after all. Any AP gathered will go onto the attack as well, because if he does have AP he'll use it to defend and I can kill him next round.

Defending with +6 Road, +2 Travel, +4 Wind Storm with blinding speed to intercept any and all attacks from the two gods, +2 nature to use the environs to shield from attacks, +2 food and drink means that she is well fed, hale and hearty to take the blows, +2 sun to ward away attacks with that heat she has on her hand, +4 life for the extra vitality, +2 Hope because if she dies, it all falls apart and she is desperately trying not to imagine that.

6+2+4+2+2+2+4+2 = 26 to defend herself, Reggie and Pirsuq.

Reggie defends the mortals for a +6.

So a quick recap of intention. Parelle is not going to make a social attack, because while it might work, she's drunk and angry. Plus if it fails she's going to take some big hits that she might not survive. If they don't sit down to a permanent peace deal and dwarf exchange, Parelle kills Malador. If one of them disagrees to the deal, Parelle kills Malador. If they make any sudden moves and don't back down immediately, Parelle kills Malador. Then she decides what to do with Vendruck since she really doesn't have anything against him.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Apr 16, 2015

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle

Parelle struck like a thunderbolt and crushed the Lord of Hell's shield, staving it in with fire and gale. She roared in anger at having her Home invaded. She broke no oaths, for she made no Oaths to the Lord of Hell and perfectly intended to dispatch him and give Vendruck back his dwarves. However, that was lost in the din of combat.

She thought that she might instruct Reggie to quickly seal up the portal to Hell, but no, that was not enough. Malador might have already drawn in more power. Instead she gambled again. Every child knows that the Lord of Hell does not kill the living. At best he would have others do that for him. For this fleeting moment her followers are safe. Not having to protect them all frees up Reggie to strike from behind while she kept him occupied.

"You should have stayed away. I was content to leave you be, Malador. I was content to send the dwarves home," she spat. "You call me oath breaker when I made no oaths to you or Vendruck. They were always free to go and he was always free to have them back at any time, but you opened a door to Hell and threatened war and death. I am not the same little goddess you met before," she said, and taunted him as she waited for the dwarves to evacuate. "Know that when I throw you down I will launch a crusade into hell, redeem the damned and turn them to better purposes. Your endless punishment is sadistic, and this is your reckoning."

Parelle smiled grimly as the Dwarves, Vendruck and Malador's army left. She's wasn't surprised when he decided he would leave too. She waited, bided her time, assembled Pirsuq and Reggie and quickly told them her plan. It was going to be a brutal, messy and overwhelming strike. As the gate closed she called out to the two and poured her power through the tightening gap in the wall.

"Put everything you've got into it!"

Much the same attack and defense as before, but with some modifications. No AP gets spent because she's out, but she, Pirsuq and Reggie are going to flip out at the same time to crush Malador. He might have prepared, but that preparation was not good enough nor strong enough to resist an all out attack.

Attacking like before with +6 Road, +2 Travel, +4 wind storm, +2 nature, +2 Sun, +2 Food and Drink, +4 Life, +2 Hope, and with the addition of Reggie +4 Construction to smother him in earth. On top of that, Parelle is flipping out, Pirsuq is flipping out and Reggie is flipping out for another +6.

6+2+4+2+2+2+4+2+4+6 (for flipping out) = 34 to shoot him through the hole as a last turn alpha strike.

I'm going to overwhelm him. His AP stores are vast, but they have limits. There's no one but Malador left and I'm going to stomp the hell out of him. His AP and traits can only go so far and Parelle is at the very center of her power.

The defense means that I'm defending Reggie and Pirsuq with the extra speed, and now Home as well. Any attack he makes she's going to personally deflect. At a -6 for flipping out.

On defense it's 6+2+4+2+2+2+4+2+4-6 (for flipping out) = 22

edit: Added extra flavor text.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Apr 23, 2015

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle

"MALADOR IS DEAD. THE WARDEN OF HELL IS DEAD. THE SEVEN GATES NOW LIE UNGUARDED."

Between the three of them, Malador was now dead. It seemed that Parelle was credited with the kill. Power coursed through her and she felt momentarily like an overfull skin of wine. Power leaked from her and overtook her minor power over nature. Too young, too unskilled, and Malador was too powerful. The divinity of his hellish power took a bite out of her and nestled inside of her like a worm in her heart. Knowledge of torture, of binding and power over devils flooded her mind and warred with her otherwise good demeanor. Order clashed with her will to be free and though she felt like she held onto the better part of herself, that kernel of evil was still there and begging to be used. She tried to breathe a sigh of relief and couldn't, and when she tried to wipe her brow it came away sticky with black, viscous blood which leaked from her nose, eyes, ears and the corners of her mouth. It was doubly disturbing when she sucked all of it back in.

"That was great! I loved doing that Parelle! We should find him and do that again!" said Pirsuq.

She patted him reassuringly. How could she tell him that what she just did was probably unnecessary, self-righteous and stupid? When she thought about it again she realized that Pirsuq probably didn't understand death as a concept yet. She would really need to give him a talking to one of these days, but there didn't seem to be time to do that yet.

"Well that was ominous," she said into the hushed crowd of her Travelers. "I think we need to investigate fast. Pirsuq and I are going to teleport there. Risky, I know, but we have little choice. I don't know what is behind those gates, but it is probably bad. I don't want anything getting out. Pirsuq, you're with me. Reggie, you're in charge. I'm going to use the Road to vault myself into hell, but I won't take it with me. I'd like you use it and then sacrifice it to resurrect Cadenza. She'll be able to help you, and then you can resurrect more of our family as she was...Is the best healer among us. Don't follow me. I don't know how dangerous this will be and I'm not exactly sure of where I'm going yet."

She frowned down at her backpack, so full of food, joy and memories. It was too heavy to carry and where she was going, she wouldn't need it. She dropped the weather worn thing onto the ground, hoping to pick it up later. Chains and fire materialized around her arms instead and blackened her clothing to the shoulders. If she were a mortal, she would have looked odd with black clothing at the arms, chains with hooks and an otherwise comfortable winter coat, but she somehow made it look intimidating. After all, power speaks for itself.

"Pirsuq, we're teleporting directly to where I think we need to go. I know some of what Malador knew. I just hope it's right. After this is settled we're going to sit down and relax somewhere. Maybe meet the rest of your family when Reggie gets things moving," she said, and winked at him while nudging Pirsuq goodheartedly, or at least she attempted to. Her heart was only half in it. "Let's go."

Parelle killed Malador so if I remember right that gives her a +2 to a new trait. Time to do some stat shuffling after the highlander style godkill quickening. I'm going to do a lot of things at once so here we go.

1. The once demure goddess of travel, food and drink, hope and warmth is now going to take a stab at being the new warden of hell. I'm dropping +2 food and drink to give myself +4 warden of hell as I would like to consolidate some of my minor traits into larger ones for sake of simplicity. The new warden of hell is going to drop -2 not taken seriously, because she just killed Malador and paradoxically increased -2 to a -4 protector of mortals. I feel that Parelle wasn't a schizophrenic enough as the new warden of hell and goddess of hope both. This doesn't take a turn as it happens automatically.

2. Doing something sneaky. The Road can't enter hell, but it can probably launch her in. She is then going to -leave- the Road there, as it isn't physically connected to her. Parelle and Pirsuq are launching themselves directly to either the place where Malador's powers are telling her she needs to go to close the black gates or the black gates themselves, whichever makes more sense. +6 Road, +2 Travel, and +4 Wind Storm to move there quickly, +2 Hope as she is desperately wishing to keep these black gates CLOSED and +4 warden of hell to know where her destination actually is, preferably to the place where she can put a stop to the black gates opening. Not sure how nature would fit into this, so I'll leave it out.

6 + 2 + 4 + 2 +4 = 18 to teleport herself and Pirsuq either to the place where she needs to go to usurp control of hell or failing that to the Black Gates themselves.

3. Leaving Reggie in charge. You say that the road can be left for someone else to take. Anyone else can pick it up. Well that person is going to be Reggie. His task is to A: Resurrect Cadenza, who is another one of the Family and a minor +2 goddess of healing and then later to continue battening down the hatches on Home and assist Cadenza in her projects. But first he is reviving her. +6 Road (it's still there and no longer with Parelle) to call back Cadenza from the land of the dead, +4 Construction to aid the Road in doing so, +4 Life to resurrect her and +6 AP as Reggie is going to sacrifice the Road by burning it out to bring her back. After that he's pretty much tasked to work with her to guard the place, work together with her and resurrect other siblings when they have enough power using Reggie's construction powers, Cadenza's healing powers and Home's Life powers.

6 + 4 + 4 + 6 = 20

I realize that I'm using the Road twice, but Parelle is getting out of there and not taking the Road with her. If that's a problem it doesn't actually have to be done this turn, but can be done off screen as Parelle is probably going to be spending some time in hell after all. The road is also way too dangerous to just leave alone after all, and doesn't really suit Reggie's skillset as a protector.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 18:35 on May 4, 2015

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle - The Gates of Hell (Glacierzone encroaching)

Parelle bounced off one of the seven gates of hell like a ball thrown against a wall. She bounced once, twice and thrice before rolling to a stop. She had never been to Hell before, and that analytical part of her brain warred with her "status" as "warden of Hell", which told her that yes, she had been here before (or at least the part that was Malador), and that yes, this place was important.

"We found him! That's great! Let's do it again Parelle! I love you Parelle!" yelled Pirsuq, who immediately went upon the attack again.

"No!" she shouted, and though she wrestled with the storm that was Pirsuq and held him back, she clearly was able to let him go. "Malador is gone, you heard it. He only looks like Malador. Calm down." It was an ignominious squabble in the dirt for the two and quite ungodlike, but there it was.

The Parelle from the fireside that Vicissitude met long ago was still there in pieces, but radically altered in scope and shape of her powers, and she did not recognize him at all. She was still made from Hope and Travel, but her Warmth was gone and replaced by Sun. Plants began to grow, though twisted and wrong looking due to the environment around her as Nature manifested. Her backpack of Food and Drink was gone to be replaced by the mantle of the Warden of Hell itself. There was no rhyme or reason to her portfolio. It looked cobbled together from many disparate sources and the mantle of Warden of Hell was entirely new, meaning that she was probably the one to kill Malador. She wrestled with what appeared to be a dark skinned small child made entirely out of storm.

"Little brother, I love you too, but bad things are happening and I need you to follow my lead. I trusted Reggie to take care of Home and I trusted you to come with me. That isn't Malador because if he was still alive this place wouldn't be getting colder. If you can't help me and follow my lead I'll have to send you back and fix everything on my own and I don't know if I can do it on my own. Please don't make me do that."

In short, easy to understand sentences, Parelle explains to Pirsuq what happens if Hell becomes a real place. She needs him to understand that there are more important things than fighting right now and that they need to take a chance on the fake Malador, if just for a few seconds.

Telling Pirsuq to cut it out. I'm going to assume that he loves her more than he loves fighting.

Okay, this was optimistic. Pirsuq needs a talking to about acting on his own initiative when Parelle is leading. Parelle is trying to reign Pirsuq in. My guess is that this is going to be a temporary measure until she can talk to him at length later.

+2 Sun to brighten and call attention to herself, +2 Travel for the classic "I'll turn this car around" trick, +2 Nature as he's a create of nature, +2 Hope as she is doing her best to get him under control in a mostly positive way, and +4 warden of hell to explain to Pirsuq exactly what happens to the planet if hell becomes a real place.

2+2+2+2+4 = 12

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 05:28 on May 11, 2015

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle - The Gates of Hell

Parelle dusts herself off as she listens to the fake Malador. "You must be the first god to recognize me since then. Hello...Ah...I'm not sure about a name. I'm willing to render assistance as long as there is no harm to the souls. I'm going to test and see if they can be redeemed. See if I can ease their suffering. I didn't seek Malador out, he sought me out and thought he could impose upon me in my place of power. He made threats, demands and so my family and I killed him as he fled with Vendruck. I feel that these souls flying about would be a terrible thing if they dispersed and got loose, but if you could find it in your heart not to kill them, at least not until they have proven to be irredeemable, I would consider it a personal favor and perhaps grant you some of these edges you see. Killing Malador was a means to an end and I am not interested in keeping his power long term. Perhaps we could come to some sort of arrangement? I am interested in depopulating Hell and offering relief to these poor souls. Not all of them, but perhaps the least damaged?"

Pantheoning up means to her that she would adopt you into the family and that you would sign a contract that would probably grate against your personality. For someone she doesn't entirely trust there would probably be some binding agreements.

Counter offer. Don't soul kill them. Herd them for the moment. Parelle is interested in resurrecting them or perhaps reincarnating them. Parelle isn't particularly interested in the Warden of Hell domain long term and she'll part with +2 of it and take back her +2 food and drink domain at the end. If Puppies won't allow a willing transfer of a domain then I'll help make an item or holy ground for you. This is her whole -4 protector of mortals thing going for her. Technically the souls are immortal, but were once mortal. She's interested in ending their suffering, but doing so without killing them unless they're not redeemable in any way.

So the quick contract would be:

1. Don't kill the souls unless they're unable to be rehabilitated. In which case mercy kill them. If none are able to be rehabilitated you're welcome to all of them along with all of the AP for converting and killing them.

2. Fix Hell and put it back where it was.

3. Parelle gets as many redeemable souls as she wants. She won't take them all. Just as many as she figures she can handle. Less than five or six million so Home isn't completely overwhelmed with the recently damned. So if they can be redeemed she'll take what she can and you can do what you want with the rest of them as long as you end their suffering, which probably means killing them. She doesn't like the idea of killing them all, but the whole endless torture thing is worse.

4. At the end of fixing Hell the Warden of Hell domain is yours or equivalent +2 or more item or holy ground. If you really want a demigod I would advise against it. It's like herding cats. More can be arranged if there's more risk.

5. Parelle is not stuck with the Warden of Hell job. Killing Malador was a means, not an end. If she's in charge of it she'll actively try to run that poo poo into the ground and it will probably be bad for everyone.

Hey Puppies, is there a Heaven or Elysium equivalent in this universe, or do all mortals (except for the dwarves) end up in Hell? Can I get a quick rundown on the afterlife in a paragraph or so?

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 13:07 on May 12, 2015

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle

"It isn't a perfect bargain, but I suspect that this job is far too large for me to handle on my own," she frowned at the damned souls who had the misfortune of being outside. She did note what you said about you said about the dead and wondered if that applied to her brother Reggie and the rest of her brothers and sisters as well. She made a note not speak about it. She looked out at the now free souls and knew what they would do if they were free. Chaos, death, horror in the form of shambling corpses. She shuddered and wished that there was someone else to blame, someone else to point the finger at and say, "He did it." But there wasn't. Hell needed stabilizing now or these few souls would be the smallest of a very great number of problems. Problems that she was responsible for.

"If you want the full powers as Warden of Hell I will require temporary use of one of yours in return. One of my powers has changed in the wake of Malador's power and giving you all of it will diminish me."

I'll transfer +2 of the +4 Warden of Hell and change +2 of that back to +2 food and drink as it was earlier if you just take the +2. I won't transfer you +4 of the power as half of that was originally Parelle's unless you give me one of yours in collateral until the job is done. As for either being in charge of Hell or giving it over to you I think that the choice of three or five is fair. I'll choose stewardship of Hell and she will try to fix it. Killing the souls is rather horrifying to her, but if they aren't captured or killed now they'll get out and wreck havoc. It'll just mean that this is a temporary alliance until Hell is stabilized. Nothing permanent.

Temporary alliance until the job is done. If it doesn't work for you we can work alone.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle - The Gates of Hell

Parelle still holds Pirsuq as she transfers the stuff of Hell to "Malador". The pain of being drained was at first excruciating, but like lancing a boil the excess flowed out of her. The dread knowledge, the infernal control, the need to dominate and torture poured out of her. It was almost too much, but thankfully the shapeshifter took only what he said he would. When "Malador" turned his attention away she found her backpack full of food and drink. It was always there, never far and just out of reach and sight. She pulled out a piece of fudge, broke off half, gave Pirsuq his piece and allowed herself a sisterly cuddle with him though it was partly to distract her from the sound of souls all around her dying (even if it was an end to their suffering). Still, everything seemed so much brighter now that she had the taint of Malador out of her. Sure there would be work, but she was confident that she and "Malador" or whatever his true name was that they were right for the job. If he wasn't right before then surely he was the right one now with Malador's old powers and her Pantheon temporarily reinforcing him.

Once they were done having their delicious fudge she spoke. "All right, Pirsuq. We have a job to do. I need you to push the ice away while I work," she said. "That guy is going to help make Hell go back to where it was. We need to help him. Let's get to work."

She said to "Malador," "I'm going to try and slow down reality seeping in. I'd suggest you get in and do whatever you need to do. Please do it fast. Also I don't think you'll need to teleport in," she says, and chucks an ice covered rock into the materializing plane of horror and torture. "It's coming to us."

Changing the +2 Warden of Hell trait back to +2 food and drink. All of that badness has drained away.

Parelle is going to bail out reality from Hell and push Hell away from the physical world. I assume that keeping reality out will slow, halt or maybe even reverse the progress of it becoming real. Parelle isn't exactly top notch at dealing with metaphysical stuff.

+4 Wind Storm to blow the ice, cold and melting slurry elsewhere, +2 Sun to warm Hell and make it easier to blow that ice out too, +2 Nature to help the natural world reject this unnatural place, +2 Travel to push hell back where it came from, +2 Hope to keep Hell OFF THIS PLANE OF EXISTENCE, +2 Food and Drink to keep Pirsuq and Parelle physically strong for the undertaking. Also using the 1 AP to try and give it a little extra oomph. No scrimping or saving.

I'm also going to add -4 Protector of mortals to the job because she just saw "Malador" kill a bunch of souls and let him do it for the sake of expediency. Even if she technically agrees that what he did was necessary she doesn't like it and is rather disheartened by it."

4+2+2+2+2+2+1-4 =11

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle - Outside the Black Gates - Corporeal Hell Semi-Corporeal Adjacent

Parelle sizzled as she pushed Hell away. Despite her anguish at the death of so many souls she soldiered on and with the help of her brother, triumphed. Sort of. Hell's implacable advance into reality stopped. She wiped her brow and flung away droplets of sweat only for them to freeze before they hit the ground.

"Not perfect, but okay. Good job little brother," she said. He was due a little praise for being so good.

The shapeshifter was messing around with her followers, but she expected that. As long as he didn't kill any she could deal with a little chaos. It seemed to follow her after all and in a way she thrived in it. No, not "in a way" at all, she definitely thrived in chaos. Pirsuq was made from a wild storms and her desperate plea. Reggie was revived in a fevered half-insane botched resurrection spell, fought and then truly revived against his will. Home becoming Life instead of Death pitted undead Reggie's will against hers and could have gone either way. The Road worked autonomously of her wishes.

She sighed. "I really am a goddess of chaos. Bad Parelle," she said, chagrined, and mostly to herself. She was glad that Reggie was in charge of Home.

She had options now. She could return Home, check up on Reggie and provision herself properly for a return. She could push Hell completely back into the metaphysical plane which was dangerous in her current state. Perhaps she could make something for herself or Pirsuq.

"Hmm," she said. "With any luck Cadenza is alive again. We go Home, we get Reggie to open up a path, leave her in charge, tool up now that the Road is gone and see if that fake Malador needs help. It'll take a bit, but it's the smart idea now that everything isn't going to fall apart," she said. She was impressed with her sense of responsibility and cleverness. Perhaps she didn't have to be a goddess of chaos. Perhaps she could do the smart thing. It might even work out.

"Alright Pirsuq, let's start a little fire here to keep the ice away and then head home. Now that Hell isn't leaking into reality anymore we can get ready."

Pirsuq and Parelle are going to create a permanent fire near the black gates to keep the ice away.

+4 Wind Storm to act as a bellows, +2 Nature to find a permanent source of fuel such as natural gas, +2 Sun to ignite it, +2 food and drink to pour on the alcohol as a starter. Can't really see travel or hope working in this situation, so they're going to be left out.

4+2+2+2=10 to create a permanent fire to keep the ice away from the black gates. I figure that it'll also be a sort of safe(ish) spot from the cold if you can get over the ominous gates.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 23:02 on May 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle - The Black Gates

Parelle marveled at the flame and warmed her hands near the edges. It wasn't perfect, but at least the place wouldn't get any worse. Who knows, the Gates themselves might thaw momentarily.

"Okay little brother, the gates are sealed by ice and we're not getting through any time soon. I think we need to head home. We can check up on Reggie and see how he's doing. If you're lucky you can meet some your brothers and sisters if Reggie has revived them properly. I don't really trust going through those gates. We should head Home, think about our options and get some tools."

She hiked up her pack on her shoulders. The weight of it felt good. She would never set it aside again. As her feet crunch, crunch, crunched in the snow Pirsuq zipped past. Technically she could fly, but she liked the purchase her feet made upon the snow despite the cold.

She thought about Pirsuq and Reggie. One her birth sibling and another adopted. Compared to her they were weak, which was still weird to her. She didn't remember being the strongest among the twelve (now thirteen) of her brothers and sisters. In fact if you asked anyone she would have been the weakest. There was that time that she lost after her siblings died and she fled, and thought thoughts of them didn't bring as much pain as it did before as they were on their way to being revived, she still lost an indeterminate amount of time. From the point where she discovered their bodies almost to the fire with the shapeshifter and the old god there was a haze. She remembered traveling, but that was all. Funny how seeing the shapeshifter again dredged up those memories.

Then there was Pirsuq and Reggie. Beyond the kinship that she felt for them she wanted them to be able to be able to have more power. Not independent exactly because she did need them, but able to handle larger tasks. She mulled over the idea as she walked.

"Hey Pirsuq, as long as things are okay at Home I think I'm going to try and make you something. to give you a little extra power. We're heading into Hell soon. I think we're also going to have to deal with Vendruck too. How about you and I think of something you'd like to make to give you some more power? I have power over the sun, maybe you'd like something to do with water? I'm not really good at specializing, but maybe you'd like to? Anyway, here's what I'm thinking. If everything works in our favor we travel home. Then we hug Reggie, meet your sister, get Reggie working on that portal and I help you make something neat for you. After that we take the back way into Hell, kick some butt and save some mortals. How does that sound?"

Heading back to Home to tool up and get ready to stomp into Hell.

+2 Travel and +4 Wind Storm to move quickly, +2 Food and Drink to stay well provisioned on the way, +2 Sun to melt and +2 Nature to deal with the ice on the way, +2 Hope to keep spirits up with talk. Perhaps Parelle and Pirsuq could play I spy. :v:

2+4+2+2+2+2=14

Going back Home means that (maybe) Reggie has resurrected Cadenza the healer after sacrificing (if he wanted to) the Road and using his powers and Home to fuel the resurrection. The Road may still exist if Reggie decided to do something else with it. Mostly Parelle doesn't want it anymore. Too many problems with a world spanning artifact that can be stolen at any time.

Parelle is also running by making an artifact for Pirsuq when they get Home in order to boost his powers. She's thinking something water based to stratify powers a bit. Though if Pirsuq wants to throw around some thunderbolts too I'd be okay with that.

So that's the layout for the next few turns.

1. Get Home.

2. Make sure everything is okay, tool up, maybe meet another sibling, get Reggie to reopen that portal and make something nifty for Pirsuq.

3. Head into Hell and start kicking asses until Parelle is the one in charge.

• Locked thread