Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Malador

Malador answers. "No soul that is not judged has a place here. Not for a year, not for a day, not for a heartbeat." The King of Hell said in a calm but hard voice. "Nolo Contendere is not applicable. The defendant would certainly wish to contest the accusations. But they are unable to defend themselves without representation, nor is there a judge to properly adjudicate matters. But you are right on one thing. We cannot allow these souls to continue being... unprocessed."

"I have to assume the worst for my family." Behind him, large statues of a cold looking woman with an hourglass, a stern looking man holding scales and a smiling youth with a hand extended loomed. "Their tasks will have to fall to another. For the task of judging, already have I one in mind. Soon I shall go and ask him to see to this duty. After that, I shall need to find one willing to defend those souls, and claim those judged deserving of reward."

"Pride, you will keep a close eye on the ice. There might be an outside force working through this ice, and it may seek to control yours. If there is an enemy within the walls, it is to be known. Then... the shortage of devils. We will not turn the damned into devils, no matter how capable. Hell is punishment, not a job opportunity. If hell is in need of more jailers, we shall create them. We may need additional resources for that. Then we will seek them."

He stood, claiming the council over. "Now, see to your tasks. And prepare. Once judgement resumes, more souls will enter. Hell may need to expand to house them. Though know this, if all mortals die, so too will Hell. Any of your agents may wish to be prudent in the cost of lives of their undertakings."

Those things said, Malador prepared to leave hell. A thing like this was not asked in person. And it might be good to leave, to feel how far the gold was piercing into the tunnels. Seven Legionaires followed him, one from each prince, as an honour guard. Now... to Batjullik.

Heading towards Batjullik. Not going to write myself there, in case something interrupts me, except of course the besieging force. If possible, I'd like to sneak past them, but not sneak into the city. We'll simply knock there.

quote:

Malador
Warden of Hell +4 Malador has been in charge of the imprisonment and torment of the damned for countless eons. He is the creator of Devils and they heed him. The chains he forges bind eternally, the gates that he constructs let none pass without his say so and the torment he can bestow is the stuff of legends.

Wishbringer +2 Since taking the name, Malador has often allowed himself to be summoned or even appear before humans, offering wishes, but always with a catch that would morally drat them. He's quite skilled, both in talking to mortals and bringing their selfish desires to fruition.

Prosecutor +2: Malador knows to take the measure of a soul, though he always looks it through a dark tint. He can judge man's sins, know their weaknesses. And as the son of the gods of death and justice he has skill at directing and looking after souls. He might just have to take a larger role than he used to.

The Strictures: -2 He may not force a living mortal to do something, he may not kill a mortal, he may not break a pledge.

Contempt and hatred: -2 Malador is not beloved by mortals, nor does he love them. The only ones who worship him are the selfish and the ruthless, and most decent folk wo
ld refuse any gift from him and avoid him. And Malador himself is loath to actually freely help humanity without it being some attempt to prove their wickedness.

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Dec 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Malador The Prosecutor
16/16 AP

The King of Devils stands in front of the gate, all too aware of the precariousness of his situation. Not only might the gods there attack him, but he could not even kill a single of their worshippers. The one who mandated the Strictures on him was dead, but they remained. Again he knocked, louder this time. "This is Malador, God of Devils and King of Hell. I seek to speak with Vendruck, the Underlord. By the name of my father who was Jusitce and my mother who was Death, I come without ill intent."

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Malador The Prosecutor -
16/16 AP

Malador frowned at that. Almost he reconsidered his offer, but the task he proposed did not need charm or grace. "No claim on your children have I, nor shall I ever. But I cannot fault you for distrust with an army on your doorstep, and pledges broken. But these soldiers are but an honour guard."

"I come here because my honoured father has been taken by the ice. Now, the souls of the dead are bereft of judgement. And Hell has no place for souls not judged worthy of it. And so another judge is needed. But as the situation shows, many gods are unfit for such a position." A gesture was made in the direction of the barbarian's camp. "You count no followers among those who would appear before judgement. And the broken pledges in your history, all have you as the offended party, rather than the offender. And thus I would ask you to take the task of judging the souls, whether to damnation in my kingdom, or to a reward, for which we still need to seek one who would take my brother's place in defense of the souls."

"I understand you feel this is no matter that concerns you, but consider that without judgement, the souls of the dead cannot be given a home, and the likes of Larissa are likely to harsness them, just and unjust alike."

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Nov 27, 2014

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Malador

Why did Malador not step aside? The King of Hell rarely got into war with other gods. Or perhaps he was just arrogant and presumed he would not be attacked. Or perhaps simply single minded in seeking a judge for the task of judging souls. Whatever the case, he was mistaken. When the fire cleared from the barbarian's attack, the King of Hell stood, eyes glowing an angry red between the remains of his honour guard.

"I normally do not intervene in these things." he said, in a hard voice. "I am banned from killing these gods' followers. However..." His clawed hands clench. "Those followers are already dead. And I was dealt a blow first. And so..." The King of hell moved quickly, any veneer of grace tossed to fire for now. He was the King of Hell, and he had plenty of might. Coming up behind the enslaved god, he glowered. "You are a god, and so I am not to be in judgement of you. But the pledge breaker called you dog, hm?" A single movement was made, and chains appeared out of nowhere, circling to try to wrap around the enslaved god. "Then I will put a leash on you."

Take the Damage to Wishbringer and Prosecutor, taking both to 0, attacking with Warden of Hell +4 to chain up Enslaved god 1, add 2 AP for an attack of +6 in total, however, trying to not kill him. Okay with weakening him, but staying a final blow. Defend with Warden of Hell +4

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Nov 30, 2014

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Malador
AP: 14/16

"Hmm... fire hm? That might be useful in the days to come." The King of Hell pondered as the other god dodged out of the way of the chains. The suffering of dwarves did not phase him. To cause suffering was his duty, so he could hardly have a distaste for it. "But yes, you are weaker than me, and your master is about to be killed by Vendruck. He killed three of your like in one attack, if you're concerned about survival, you should consider surrender about now. Clearly you do not care about oaths and pledges, or you would not be here."

With those words, the chains moved again, attempting to wrap their way around the other god's arms.

Attack: Warden of Hell +4
Spend 3 more AP to make the attack +7

Defend: Warden of Hell +4

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Malador
11 AP

Malador gives a grim smile at the captured god's declarations. "It occurred to me that this could be the end of all things. But if so, I would meet it with all agreements unrboken, and my duties performed as well as could be done. And oaths were sworn to leave the dwarfs their halls by all the gods. Why do you think I did not enter without permisison even as your master burned me? But we will speak later. For now..."

And then Bismarck appears. Malador frowns. That could be... troublesome. For now, if he wanted the god of the Underpeople to take up the task presented, he should see to the safety of his worshippers. The inferno cloud still burned. But Malador was the master of the Inferno. Spreading the taloned fingers of his hand he reached out to the flames, his essence corrupting them, turning elemental flame into hellfire. And hellfire was his to command, to call, to control... to snuff out.

Still, it sat uneasy with him. These dwarfs had nothing for him, so there was no bargain to make with them, even if he would have accepted Vendruck's displeasure. But they were close enough to mortals that saving them to no purpose of his own sat uneasy with him. The King of Hell was ill used to being an acutal saviour, rather than a perceived one.

Trying to stop the Inferno Cloud
Warden of Hell +4 for some control over fire.
Contempt and Hatred -2: even if dwarfs don't actually have souls for Malador to take, I imagine it should apply here.
Spending AP: 2 AP spent. Let's keep too many more dwarfs fro mdying.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Malador
9 AP

The dwarves had their faults, of course. But those were not of Malador's concern. Just like he didn't care about the thefts of the magpie, the murders of the wolf, the rape of the lions. Or that he judged his own devils by any measure but how efficient they were. He didn't care whether they lived or died, but Vendruck was his choice for Judge, and thus it served his purposes to shield them.

"You would be a fool to trust such a barbarian. Not to mention he will soon weaken without any faithful to call his own. Those were rather efficiently disposed off by the God of the Underfolk." Malador stepped forward, his face the usual scowl, dusting himself off, moving the infernal cloud away from the dwarfs. "Leave, oh Warlord Bismark von Trippletrow, The Blight of Suffering, Savior of Pain, Smugfather. This god, devoid of worshipers is not worth making two divine enemies for. Should you stay, know that your own followers will soon understand the suffering of the Underfolk." made a gesture with his hand, and the Infernocloud moved rapidly, moved upwards, towards the capital of the Empire. "It should be trivial for you to prevent too much damage. Provided you return to your surface, and leave us below to our dealings."

So I control that infernocloud? In that case, I'm gonna send it up towards Weichtenstinkenden Durcheinander von einer Stadt. So Bismarck can stick around here to try to save Arthak, or he can go and save his city. What will it be, Spiderman? Hellwarden +4, +3 AP

Can't do this. I have the Strictures. Malador may not kill living mortals.

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Dec 5, 2014

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Malador
9 AP

The dwarves had their faults, of course. But those were not of Malador's concern. Just like he didn't care about the thefts of the magpie, the murders of the wolf, the rape of the lions. Or that he judged his own devils by any measure but how efficient they were. He didn't care whether they lived or died, but Vendruck was his choice for Judge, and thus it served his purposes to shield them.

"You would be a fool to trust such a barbarian. Not to mention he will soon weaken without any faithful to call his own. Those were rather efficiently disposed off by the God of the Underfolk." Malador stepped forward, his face the usual scowl, dusting himself off, moving the infernal cloud away from the dwarfs. "Leave, oh Warlord Bismark von Trippletrow, Blight of Suffering, Savior of Pain, Smugfather. This god, devoid of worshipers is not worth making two divine enemies for." The tainted flames drew away from the dwarves, centering on Malador, engulfing him in their fire, drawn in his taloned hands and absorbed. Hopefully, he could reclaim some of the power expended here. "Even if you win here, Smuglord, you will lose more than you'll gain. Hell promises you this."

+4 Warden of Hell to absorb the Corrupted Inferno spell. Hoping to heal some domains, but I won't say no to some tasty AP

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Malador
9 AP

"The souls reject will be judged, and those judged wicked fall to me. That is the agreement, and it stands, regardless if we fight. I have never promised not to stand against you, Bismarck. For the just processing of souls, Vendruck is indispensable. If you strike him down, Bismarck, you might follow him soon after. Desist in this folly. Offer a trade then for the firegod's fate. As he has enslaved other gods, let him then find himself sold in slavery. Surely, you can provide assistance to the Underfolk for which a firegod might be traded?"

He turned to the dwarven god. "Vendruck. I cannot make the decision for you, and the firegod's life is yours by right, I feel. And I will stand with you in your decision. But consider that death might be a kindness, compared to slavery to a god such as Arthak."

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Malador 12 AP

I look as Vendruck goes down, and hear Bismarck's words. I sigh.

"You leave me little choice." I say, stepping forward until I'm nearer, looking at Vendruck fallen form. I go down on one knee in front of Bismarck and then...

I extend my hands, red hot chains erupting out. One was already taken, two more could join.

"What good is swearing fealty to one who breaks his pledges. Vendruck was promised that his depths would remain unviolate. We'll see whose power will be tied to whom, Smuglord! Hell does not serve oathbreakers."

Pretending to submit, then going for an infernal sucker punch on Arthak and Bismarck. Warden of Hell +4, Spending 10 AP, All out attack +2. So +16 on attack
Defence: Warden of hell +4, -2 all out attack. In other words, this poo poo better work or I'm pretty much hosed.

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Dec 11, 2014

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Malador
2AP

The drat fire god yet stands, the Hellking's chains melting before they can properly wrap around him, thoug hthe Smuglord falls before me. I am left panting though, most of my power spent by now. More gods enter, and the chaos is complete. The tower of flesh deals with the corpses. I do not care. At least the drat Vampire Queen will not get her hands on those then. I prepare to focus on finishing off the fire god once and for all when I notice what the little goddess is doing. I had thought her unimportant, and her actions even beneficial, but what she was doing with the Dwarven God now was... unacceptable.

"No!" I snarl, chains lashing out towards her. "Arthak! Bismarck! Now you! Vendruck is essential to my designs! I will NOT let you compromise him!" Again I reach out, chains reaching to grasp the Dwarven God out of the goddess' reach. "Desist, or face Hell's wrath!"

Not sure how this would be going on mechanicaly really. Do I just attack Parelle? If she decides to go for it, can I even act before her in initiative? Do I add to roll a defense on Vendruck's behalf?

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Malador
2AP

Malador cared little now for Athrak and Bismarck's disappearance. They did not matter. The devouring of the corpses of the dwarves and the gods did not matter. Acquiring the Judge mattered. He snarled towards the dwarves. "What are you doing? She is trying to kill your god! Did I not deliver you from the fire? Did I not save your god? Attack her and her worshipers! While I try to save your god!"

He ran closer, trying to reel in the fallen dwarven god with his chains. "You will pay for this, goddess. Your thirst for power interferes with the judgement of souls!" He needed to be quick enough. Then he could get him close, and with a fiery spell he might return back to hell from whence he came.

All right, trying to prevent Parelle from eating Vendruck and teleporting out. Still using those chains from Warden of Hell +4, Flipping out for +2, spending my last 2 AP for another +2, so a +8 on attack. If I manage, I will try to port back to hell, and drat every last risk doing so.
Defence Warden of Hell +2 Flipping out -2

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Malador
5 AP

Malador appeared back into Hell in a cloud of brimstone, carrying the fallen Dwarfish god alongside him. Devils looked surprised, the usuually impeccably dressed Warden of Hell covered in scorch marks and blood. His face was tight with anger, his clawed hands lashing out, pointing out devils and calling out orders.

"You, this is Vendruck. He is a god and my guest! See to his wellbeing! I want the Demon Princes gathered immediately, and all forces ready for battle. We may suffer pursuit! And if not, then we should be ready to strike back!" He strode through the planes of suffering, the damned not even daring to scream faced with their tormentor's wrath. But he was in his element. Here he might revel in his strength, and mend in Hellfire what had been damaged by divine flames.

All right, back at base, trying to get Vendruck up on his feet for talking about the judging thing, and trying to get myself healed as well. How do I go about that?

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Malador

I look down at Vendruck, raising a hand to prevent any rash devils from making a move against him. "You are mistaken, Vendruck. You fell against Bismarck and Arthak. I defeated them, yet battle attracted other gods, seeking to take advantage of your weakness. One of them, a goddess, sought to drain you, devour your very heart. I was severely injured and drained of power. And so I brought you here, outside her reach. But I could not take both you and your people. They are alive, yet with her, now. I would aid you in their recovery... however... there is the reason I came to you, the reason I interfered in these matters."

"The judgement of souls has stopped. My father is dead and cannot judge, my brother is dead and cannot defend. Without a judge and a defender, there is no justice, without justice, there can be no punishment, without punishment, what use is Hell? Know this Vendruck. I shall defend you, and I shall aid you in the reclamation of your people. But for that, I request that you take the duty of Judge, so that with a defense, each soul can be given a proper fate. Should you refuse this, know that to you, this time, the gates of Hell will open should you choose to leave."

Regaining Prosecutor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Malador

Malador took the dwaf's hand wiht his own talloned one and nodded. "So it is then. A bargain is struck."

"NOBILITY!" The call went out. "See to it that any of your servants among mortals that sees a Dwarf, reports it to me and Vendruck. Let today mark a union of purpose of Those Below. Prepare your hosts, for the Dwarfs shall be returned to their creator, whether it be through magic, threats, trickery or force!"

"Now, the other thing needed to start judging the souls of the dead is one who speaks to their defense. One who loves mortals and their doing, and can speak eloquently and wisely, and will see to their reward, should you judge them worthy of it. Where is your kin now?"

Sorry, forgot about this for a bit. so, asking him where the Dwarfs are, also potentially forming a Pantheon 'Those From Below' with him. Where we can all be Underground Gods. You probably never heard of them. They're not sell-outs man.

• Locked thread