Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Red beans and rice with avocado. My first time making them, came out quite tasty. I used andouille chicken sausage instead of pork.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Just realized I compose all of my food pictures exactly the same, in the same harsh yellow light... so everything looks the same. Oh well.

It's Taco Tuesday, so...spice marinated shredded chicken tacos simmered down with onion, grape tomatoes, tomatillos, jalapeno and garlic... topped with raw jalepeno slices, avocado, scallion and lime. Double corn tortillas. Yum.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Veggie chili with butternut squash, black beans, onion, red bell pepper, celery and corn. Topped with queso fresco.

emotive fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Dec 18, 2014

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Ground turkey and lentil shepherd's pie, half sweet potato and half yukon gold.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Roasted sweet potato, red onion and poblano pepper topped with over easy fried eggs and a bunch of Tapatio. Also, Jameson.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Stir fried tofu with broccoli, water chestnuts and zucchini noodles.

emotive fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Mar 27, 2015

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Casu Marzu posted:

You got some weird colors goin on there dog. Also, I can't see much, your photo is all blurry.

:v: nah but seriously, those colors are whack

Yeah, you're right. I replaced it with a different one. Probably not any better. I didn't care enough to spend much time to correcting the horrible color casts in my kitchen... and I'm colorblind :(

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Chicken thighs, broccolini and orange bell pepper stir fried with hoisin, garlic, chili, green onions and lime.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

cyberia posted:

That looks so good. I love broccolini but it's hard to get bunches that aren't floppy and gross :(

That's too bad. They never even started carrying it here until recently, so I've been buying it as much as I can.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Crispy pan seared salmon and a mango/avocado salsa.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Wanted something light so I made lettuce wraps. Filling is ground turkey, onion, red bell pepper, shiitake, carrot, celery, water chestnut and peanuts... Coated with hoisin, tamari, lime, garlic and chili.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Coconut curry soup with brown rice noodles and crispy tofu.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

I had a raw kale salad that was pretty much just chopped up kale, lemon juice, yogurt, slivered almonds and raisins... it was awesome.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Last night:

Tofu, egg, peanut stir fry with brown rice noodles

------

Tonight:

Mixed vegetable lasagna with whole wheat noodles, ricotta and red wine tomato sauce.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

I need better lighting. And plates that aren't red.

Buffalo and BBQ cauliflower wings with garlic dill yogurt dip, lemon roasted asparagus and maple mashed sweet potato.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Brawnfire posted:

Those are cauliflower? Are they breaded? That's awesome and I want to do it.

Yep! I use this recipe with good results: http://www.hotforfoodblog.com/recipes/2014/2/11/cauliflower-buffalo-wings

Obviously spices, sauces, etc. can be adjusted for preference. I only did paprika and cumin in the batter since the sauces will overpower all the other flavors anyways.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Those look like they came out awesome!

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Baked falafel with dill yogurt, and quinoa tabbouleh.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Do yourself a favor and reverse the ratio of greens/grains of your tabbouleh like it should be. Once you tried proper tabbouleh you realize why the supermarket version heavy on bulgur is poo poo

Yeah, I definitely didn't use enough herbs. Ended up more like a quinoa salad than tabbouleh. Oh well, next time!

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

errr, wrong thread...

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Sweet potato "nachos" with black beans, corn, sharp cheddar and salsa verde topped with a fried egg and guac.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Trying to work on my Asian inspired soups more, but, I'm having a tough time getting super flavorful broth. Being vegetarian seem to doesn't help much since so many of the recipes I see rely on seafood or pork bases. I think next time I'll try red miso instead of yellow, and actually try making a kombu stock first.

Miso soy broth with soba noodles, kale, baby spinach, soft boiled egg and raw carrots.

emotive fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Apr 21, 2016

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Wanted something different, so I made this for breakfast...

Scratch biscuits with a peach raspberry jam, and grits.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Roasted cauliflower tacos with charred jalapeno guac and pineapple salsa on scratch corn tortillas.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Breakfast.

Scrambled eggs with goat cheese and kale pesto on toasted sourdough.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Southern Food: There isn't enough butter in these grits

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

mich posted:

Man, we really do need someone to step up with a Southern food thread because everyone just thinks it's all fried, drowned in butter, and full of sugar, but there's a lot more to it than that!

Not it. >_>

Southern Food: This succotash would be way better with lard

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

For a change you can try roasting asparagus. It's delicious

Roasted asparagus with EVOO, chili flakes and lemon juice is ridiculously good.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Soy chorizo and sweet potato tacos with salsa verde on homemade corn tortillas with a black bean, corn and avocado salad on the side.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Roasted eggplant and whole wheat angel hair pasta with romesco sauce and crumbled local feta.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

taqueso posted:

The tips that are roughened and vaguely sandpaper like are a lot better than the tips that have ridges cut into them. Seems like a lot of internet sellers don't care about showing the tips of the chopsticks, though. Best way is if you can browse a good Japanese store like Uwajimaya.

I bought some of these, and HATE them. The grittiness is extremely off-putting should they come in direct contact with your teeth.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Buffalo cauliflower pizza with cheddar and feta. Pre-made dough from a local bakery because I'm lazy. Came out surprisingly well considering I don't have a pizza stone/steel.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Tried making pasta for the first time. Came out surprisingly well.

Aglio e Olio, with spinach to bulk it up a little.

emotive fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Aug 30, 2016

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

After about a dozen times of trying to be "healthy" and baking falafel, I gave up and pan fried it using Serious Eats' recipe.

My life is changed.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Went to a Friendsgiving last night and no one ate anything so I left with almost as much as I brought... Turned some of it into breakfast.

Vegetarian stuffing waffle with cranberry maple sauce and hash with leftover pecan sweet potatoes.

emotive fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Nov 27, 2016

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Udon soup with roasted brussels sprouts, shiitakes, scallions and egg I cooked a liiittle too far.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

I'll contribute to the lovely picture streak.

Last night: "Huevos rancheros" (heavy quotes) with homemade tortillas, refried pinto beans, runny eggs and one red salsa, one green.

Tonight: Kenji's vegan lettuce wraps and sauteed baby bok choy with black bean sauce.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Tried my hand at ramen tonight... not many good vegetarian friendly recipes so I kinda winged it after looking through the only decent ones I found.

Broth was white miso, shiitake/kombu dashi, and soy milk.
Made a tare with sesame oil, garlic, ginger, scallion, doubanjiang, tahini, soy sauce and chili oil.
Sprinkled schichimi togarashi on top which is probably my new favorite spice.

Noodles themselves were definitely a little bland but I guess I shouldn't expect much from a $1.50 pack of dried noodles.

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Gong Bao Do Fu with crispy baked tofu, peanuts, scallions and celery. Used Fuschia Dunlop's recipe as a guide.

Definitely going to bump up the amount of dried chilis next time (used 6) but it was still plenty spicy (I wasn't sure how hot they were going to be since I haven't cooked with them before).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Those look incredible.

I tried making sushi... came out alright for a first time and using a towel to roll. A bit too much rice. Left is roasted sweet potato with schichimi, right is cucumber/carrot/avocado.

• Locked thread