Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007
Paprikashed for the first time in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007

Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007
Congin'

Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007

franco posted:

That's Dou Ban Yu (Lowtax's catchphrase), right you never tell us what things are! ? Ingredients and result look like it is, as far as I can tell, and it looks great!

Yep, dou ban xian yu/豆瓣鲜鱼 from Fuchsia Dunlop's "Land of Plenty". It turned out okay except for grabbing it from the wok by the tail. I added warm tofu to the leftover sauce which was also awesome.

Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007
60°C pork chops

Also, banana bread

Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007

Paper With Lines posted:

holy poo poo recipe on the banana bread.

Banana bread recipe here. Pay attention to the notes because it really does work better in an 8.5 x 4.5 pan. I don't do a whole lot of baking, but this is one of the only things people specifically ask me to bake. It's pretty tasty.

Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007

Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007

Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007
Thanks guys! It's choy sum, actually. I will devour a bag of Chinese greens like nothing else. Both are Fuchsia Dunlop recipes. The choy sum is blanched in a pot of water then chopped up and spun in a salad spinner to remove excess liquid. Fry up some minced garlic and ginger, then add the choy sum and some chopped red pepper and stir fry until hot, then add some chili oil and sesame oil at the end. Really easy and tasty :)

Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007
Ribeye and aspergers for dinner last night. 130°F sous vide and finished on the Baking Steel.

Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007
Burged

Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007
Smashburg life :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob_McBob
Mar 24, 2007
I always make a huge pot of sauce and freeze a bunch of portions when I do shakshuka. Just heat and add eggs and whatever else for a really quick meal. My favourite way to freeze sauces is in shallow containers and then transferred to food saver bags when solid.

• Locked thread