Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
I don't have the minerals to leave the house on National DUI Night, so I'm getting some Thanksgiving prep done.

I doubt there are any holdouts on this in GWS, but just in case: don't buy canned cranberry sauce, making it from scratch takes about 5% more effort than opening a can and tastes 100% better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Sex Hobbit is Sick Hobbit this week.

Nothing fancy, just good ol' crockpot action because gently caress effort when my head feels full of cement.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Casu Marzu posted:

Lazy ramen
Packet of Nong Shim Black, can of tuna, celery and carrot matchsticks, softboiled egg, radish kimchi, enoki and oyster mushrooms, toasted sesame seeds, sesame oil, scallion, roasted nori sheets

I have everything here except the mushrooms. I know what's for breakfast tomorrow!

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Not as pretty as Casu Marzu's and I overshot the egg a bit, but it's still tasty as hell.

(Yes, I like carrots. A lot.)

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Flaggy posted:

Is there a thread for this kind of stuff? I have always wanted recipes for this.

That's literally just Nong Shim Black instant ramen with some stuff on top (hard-boiled egg, scallions, narutomaki, roasted nori, enoki mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms, celery and carrots) and a blop of sesame oil added to the broth. If you want to get fancy on Asian food though, wander on over to the Chinese thread, Korean thread, or the Japanese thread!

(Almost all of it is way easier than it looks! :ssh: )

PERMACAV 50 fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Mar 8, 2015

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Adult Sword Owner posted:

It is, but I have some Korean stuff that is in 0% English so damned if I could ever give any info about it that's a bit better.

Pictures! I live right by an H-Mart, I'm sure I could find it in their massive ramen aisle.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Made a pretty sexy scramble this morning, if I do say so myself.

Paired with the beverage of the gods, Arizona Grapeade.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Felt fancy so I grabbed one of the Sun Noodle ramen kits.

Any tips on how to keep enoki mushrooms from going off so quick? I like them and all, but half the reason I have so much on there is just to use them up before they get slimy.

(edit- sorry about your tables to anyone who saw that)

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

RedTonic posted:

How are yours packaged? I've had the best luck by leaving the unused portion attached to the base and putting the opened plastic baggie they come in inside a closed paper bag or wrapping it in dampened paper towels before putting in a high-humidity crisper drawer. Still have to use them up in about four days (if they were top shape when I bought them) or less, though. They're just too delicate to keep very long.

Same as yours it sounds like; I've been wrapping them in saran wrap and putting them in the crisper.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Buchu jeon (Korean onion and veggie pancake), kimchi (from a jar) and udon. This picture looked a lot better on my phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
This guy rules, you're all haters :colbert:

• Locked thread