Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ayem
Mar 4, 2008

franco posted:

Me too (it helps that you can buy a truckload for pennies right now since silly gooses seem to think they're only for Christmas). Eat all the sprouts. With chilli/garlic/ginger/soy:

Ugh, brussels sprouts are unnecessarily expensive here (Edmonton) right now. Stores are trying to get $2.50/lb for them, when they used to be 99 cents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ayem
Mar 4, 2008

Doh004 posted:

It was crucial to get the crispy skin. I'd never cooked red snapper before but figured I could cook it like I do when I want crispy skin on salmon.

What's your method for crispy skin? I continually fail to get good skin crisp on fish...

Ayem
Mar 4, 2008

Woof! Woof! posted:

put it down and don't move it.

VelociBacon posted:

Not loving With It

Therein lies my mistake. To the fish store!

Ayem
Mar 4, 2008

Cavenagh posted:

Thanks for the inspiration.

Fish Cakes, Asparagus, Hollandaise

Want those fish cakes! What's in them?

Ayem
Mar 4, 2008

guppy posted:

Lazy Sunday breakfast, fresh beignets with homemade strawberry jam:

These look delicious! However, I don't think you know what lazy is. My lazy morning breakfast is some oatmeal, or perhaps cold pizza from last night.

Ayem
Mar 4, 2008
Made paneer for the first time tonight. Went with a simple butter paneer with spinach. Very tasty!

Ayem
Mar 4, 2008
I airlined some chicken breasts and tried to channel my inner Kenji. Pan roasted, then made a morel mushroom pan sauce and served over a brown rice pilaf with some steamed local asparagus. Loved doing these airline breasts, they look so cool! Also no harder to do than normal ones if I'm butchering a whole bird.

(pilaf is under the chicken, pretend you can see it)

Ayem
Mar 4, 2008

blixa posted:

Funny, I did the exact same thing.

Set the drat smoke detectors off in my apartment twice because of all the splattering fat in the oven but I didn't care. The result was awesome.

Haha, yep same case with me, drat smoke detectors.

Ayem
Mar 4, 2008

ShadowCatboy posted:

Crossposted from the Chinese Cooking thread:

Deliciousness

Background Music:

I didn't want to do Chinese classical music even though it can be very pretty, because that would've just been way too much. Instead I went with the French electroswing group, Caravan Palace. With the volume down low it was very nice and stimulating without being too energetic.

Give it a listen.

An astonishing feast, and some excellent taste in music! Seeing the Xiao Long Bao reminded me of my trip to Taiwan last year where I tried those for the first time. Life-changing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ayem
Mar 4, 2008

ShadowCatboy posted:

I might just do a xiao long bao tutorial thread sometime. :)

Oh man, you'd have me reading that for sure!

• Locked thread