Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
Reposted from last post of previous thread

Been able to take some pictures recently, still trying to figure things out:

Pancakes with berries:

Greek Yogurt with Pomegranate and sheep

Piadina with Cus Cus and Salad (and some pomegranate)

Panino with bean burger

I haven't sprung for any software yet but I'm starting to see the limitations of iPhoto so it might be time. I tried setting white balance using the method in the Wiki but things still seem yellow.

baw fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Nov 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baw
Nov 5, 2008

sharkattack posted:

roasted parmesan garlic acorn squash

easiest black beans and rice (used canned beans, still awesome)

butterfinger cookie sandwiches

miso kale salad with roasted tofu and walnuts (aka best kale salad ever)

And I made this veggie platter for a party. the dips are romesco, hummus, and then the easiest but best dip ever---a ranch dip packet mixed with sour cream and green onions

I think we will try every one of these.

Here is our bûche de noël

baw
Nov 5, 2008

paraquat posted:

And the entrez was a turkey thigh we deboned and filled with cheese and cranberries soaked in brandy, with a red wine sauce, green beans wrapped in pancetta and a rather tiny serving of broccoli

Sounds just crazy enough to work.

We have three Christmas days here and we only had to cook for one of them :cool:

baw
Nov 5, 2008

A nice quiet New Year's at home

Everyone should try this focaccine recipe. Super quick, you don't even have to get your hands dirty, and they go very well with guacamole or hummus or babaganoosh and all sorts of other stuff.

Guacamole with the aforementioned focaccine, with some crema de peperoncini piccanti from Sardegna.

Lychees are becoming one of my favorite things to snack on:

Spaghetti with broccoli pesto and almonds:

Seitan with lentils:

Tiramisu:

baw fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jan 1, 2015

baw
Nov 5, 2008

Nelson Mandela posted:

I LOVE the presentation - that little glass is so awesome. My tiramisu is a favourite in my family/friends and for dates, but presentation is never the best. I'm going to steal this.

:ssh:it's an old candle holder

baw
Nov 5, 2008

We really gotta use our tagine more often. That looks amazing.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

sharkattack posted:

and these bloody marys with basil-serrano ice cubes and cucumber soda:

I love this picture.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

Olpainless posted:

(unfortunately shop bought due to a slight lack of time) grilled flatbread.

Try these next time. Google translate the page and go for it. It's really fast and you don't even have to get your hands dirty if you mix it all in a bowl.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

blixa posted:

Made some risotto tonight, with kielbasa and mushrooms. Maybe not the most photogenic of foods, but drat it was good.

It sucks that risotto isn't super photogenic. One of my favorite dishes in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baw
Nov 5, 2008

blixa posted:

I could have spent more time taking a better picture but my nice camera's batteries were dead so cell phone photo it is. With terrible lighting. Oh well :)

I'm sure it was great, and from looking at pictures of risotto on Google it seems like it just isn't an easy food to take pictures of.

Gnocchi with butternut squash:

Sandwich on baguette, 10 month grana, emmental, breseola, greens and Maille mustard

baw fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Jan 28, 2015

• Locked thread