Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
plasmoduck
Sep 20, 2009

That's a beautiful looking salsa! I'll have to check our market for nice, non-bland tomatoes...

I brought a Donauwelle to work! Usually not a baker, so I was very happy how this turned out - I'd tried it before and it was too dry/dense/stiff so I messed with the recipe a bit which worked!

Today we had pizza again. My bf was missing Papa Murphy's "Chicken bacon artichoke" (we don't have that here), so I tried to make our own version. It was decent!

plasmoduck fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Jan 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plasmoduck
Sep 20, 2009

How does this pale compared to anything!? What cut is this? It makes me want to break my mini-abstinence from red meat...

plasmoduck
Sep 20, 2009

Nelson Mandela posted:

Pasta con le sarde.

Looks great! That reminds me to eat more sardines.

Made spicy roasted ratatouille pasta tonight (recipe) and it was delicious! Sorry for lack of plating but we were hungry and this is what's left.

plasmoduck
Sep 20, 2009

blixa posted:

It was a pizza kinda night.

This is beautiful!
I love my overnight dough pizza but that tortilla method looks tempting.

beerinator posted:

I've been using my waffle iron for things.
I think I need a waffle iron in my life. WAFFLE EVERYTHING.

A while ago we made banh mi with lemongrass chicken again and it was nice. Everything's kinda drenched in sriracha in the photo, but there was a lot of other stuff in there (see 2nd photo)

plasmoduck
Sep 20, 2009

I love the idea of confit byaldi, but it's always come out undercooked for me so I stopped trying... How did you cook yours?

Red-braised chicken last night (and leftovers today)! Would've been better with pork, but I'm still watching my red meat intake.

plasmoduck
Sep 20, 2009

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

275 for two hours covered, 30min uncovered is what I usually do. I had a total brain fart today while I was cooking it and did it for two hours uncovered, then left it in the oven at 400 for 15min while I cooked some bread. Turned out ok.

The recipe I follow says to put it under the broiler for a couple minutes, too, but I have no broiler-safe pans so I don't do that.

Thanks for this! From what I remember I was probably too impatient, and I'll need to to cook it much longer, covered, with a lower temperature. I'll give it another try. :)

plasmoduck
Sep 20, 2009

Cavenagh posted:

Ma Po Tofu made with Red Cabbage and Green Beans and garnished with Deep Fried Shredded Red Cabbage.

I love Mapo tofu and red cabbage but really can't imagine them together...how was it?

Sichuan "Mouthwatering Chicken" (or Saliva Chicken). Not as good as when my mum makes it, but they were alright to satisfy my cravings. Not pictured: huge mess in our kitchen.

plasmoduck
Sep 20, 2009

These looks amazing! It's summer and hot, but drat now I want red cabbage in all kinds of forms.

Olpainless posted:

Have you got a recipe for this one? Looks goddamn delicious and I'm a sucker for chinese food heavy on the spring onion.

Thanks! I loosely followed this recipe, but I might tweak the sauce a bit next time (my mum's concortion is heavier on vinegar and has wayyyy more garlic)

plasmoduck
Sep 20, 2009

sharkattack posted:

and then I made a roasted carrot cream sauce that was outrageously delicious

I'm sold. Have been kinda lazy with food lately but this looks fantastic!

plasmoduck
Sep 20, 2009

sweat poteto posted:

On a bit of a lentil kick

with soft boiled egg and hot sauce

with cider & honey roast carrots, mint and haloumi

These look great! I've been wanting to try cooking lentils, how would I go about that? Do I get a bag of dried ones and soak+cook them like black beans? How do you season yours?

plasmoduck
Sep 20, 2009

This looks amazing, did you cook the eggs in the same pot with the meat?

1 is almost too pretty to eat!
2 looks great! Personally I'd like those with chewy belt noodles, but I'm biased - my family is from Xi'an and I've been having all sorts of noodle cravings...

I've been quite uninspired lately - grad school and winter grogginess. But mutton soup makes everything better (even better if I had the right noodles and pickled garlic)

Attempted a thai-ish fried rice and garlic chili prawn. Was alright, but could've been more flavourful.

plasmoduck
Sep 20, 2009

I'd love to try these! How did you make them?

plasmoduck
Sep 20, 2009

I made raspberry kladdkaka!

It's not as gooey as I would've liked (first time using this oven), but it's warm, soft and chocolatey so I'm happy enough.

plasmoduck
Sep 20, 2009

That looks fantastic. What's the cheese?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plasmoduck
Sep 20, 2009

That's a glorious meatball.

• Locked thread