Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Timo
Jul 12, 2001

Suit up!

That Works posted:

Yeah it does pretty well. You don't get as visible a ring and a real bite from the smoke like you do with a brisket but it gets in nicely. Also the low and slow keeps it really juicy and tender overall.

What was your experience with smoking a bird? I got mixed reactions a few years back on Thanksgiving. The turkey was super moist, but some people were turned off by seeing the smoke ring (most people don't want to see red meat in poultry), and the skin was leather.

sharkattack posted:

roasted parmesan garlic acorn squash

I thought you cooked Batarangs for a minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timo
Jul 12, 2001

Suit up!

Pierat posted:

My dad smoked a turkey for thanksgiving and the skin was fantastically tasty and crispy, so it can be done right.

Can I talk to your father? I brined and smoked a turkey and the skin was leather.

• Locked thread