Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Pentaro posted:

Okay!

Forgive me Father, for I have Coq au Vin'd.

This post terrifies me. Not the food. The whole post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Modernist mac with havarti and crab and pancetta, with spicy green beans. Oh my god this is one of the best things I've ever made.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

nuru posted:

How are you folks doing your green beans? They look roasted it perhaps pan fried (especially with bacon and onion in the works).

I had cooked some pancetta and red bell pepper in a cast iron with red pepper until the pancetta was crispy, then I put all that into my mac and tossed the beans straight into the pan on med-high. When they started to brown I cut the heat, put in a couple TBs of water and covered, steamed a few minutes til tender. I would have steamed in white wine but I was out. It just needed a pinch of salt at the end.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Crosspost from Jook or Die

Drink and Fight posted:

Crispy pancetta, fried shallot, 62c egg, paprika shramps, scallion, angry lady, microgreens.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

I use calrose rice for everything because I buy it 25lbs at a time and I'm lazy.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Shakshouka pan pizza.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

VelociBacon posted:

Recipe please! That looks incredible.

I used Kenji's recipe from here, except I had some leftover shakshouka in the fridge and used that as the sauce (without eggs). A handful of grated jack cheese, some cubed pancetta, lots of red pepper, and a couple eggs on top, then more black pepper when it came out of the oven. It was amazing and I have more dough left so I think tonight is beef panang pizza night.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Pan pizza with leftover beef panang, jack, angry lady, scallion

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Oh my god I thought you were trolling.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Axikal posted:

Well there is a difference between critiquing one's cooking skill and just whinging about whatever they made. But in any case. I'm learning to make pizza from scratch and luckily some of the goons here know how!

To be fair, I'm barely good at skilleting things. But since I do know how I tend to use that often when I make anything.
And I totally disagree! Pasta goes well with chicken and lettuce! Then you wrap it all up in a blanket of soft tortilla and nom. I am curious why you hate the idea of pasta in a wrap though :crazy anime cat face:

--

Thanks! I'm going to try this out. Will post the results :D

Dude you put pasta in a wrap with alfredo AND ranch AND rice and it's no surprise people are wondering what is wrong with you. Also stop loving posting like that jesus christ this forum used to have standards.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

psychokitty posted:

Why do you guys keep forgetting the rice? It was 2 kinds of alfredo-sauced-pasta and rice (buttered, Montreal-steak-seasoned rice) in a wrap. If you're going to be outraged, at least get it right. He said it was delicious, and I'm sure it was. I'm also sure he was high as gently caress. :)

Based on the pictures of him posted in another forum, I'm pretty sure he's just an insufferable dumbass.

Nothing I post in here is fancy and all my pics are phone pics and nobody dogpiles me. Probably because I don't put loving anime faces in my posts.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Olpainless posted:

And, because we're going out later for a valentine's meal, and having a few drinks, I figured I should prepare something for soaking up the alcohol later, so...

Chicken breast puff parcel stuffed with tarragon porcini butter, with black onion seed.
Should do the job nicely.

Please bring me some to soak up my alcohol later.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

The Midniter posted:

Scallops over a warm brussels sprouts slaw with pancetta, a basic risotto, and artichoke and feta focaccia. Was all relatively simple and super good.

I bet this was delicious but your plates are hilarious.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Casu Marzu posted:

Hilarious doesn't equate bad?

Unlike gravity's, which are eye-searingly bad.

I did mean bad, I was just trying to be nice because the food looked good. Plates lookin like grandma's couch.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Chicken marsala, except I replaced the chicken with hot italian sausage. It is delicious.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Spring risotto:

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Casu Marzu posted:

Nachooooooooooooooooooooooos

Chorizo, refried bean, queso fresco, cheddar, avo, pico, jalapeno, green onion, lime

Would.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Pluot custard tart. ~~pay no attention to the crust shrinkage~~

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

fizzymercy posted:

Can I get a recipe for that? I have both pluot and aprium trees and far too much fruit to use on just preserves and chile/lime/salt/hands eating. The custard and crumb crusts I've tried with them have been too sweet with the fruit.

Every tart I've made with them has been a shrinkage embarrassment, btw. I'm convinced that fruit hates being tarted up.

Crust from here, pastry cream from here, pile of pluots.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Unf.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

I think I need to make one of those with the abundance of tomatoes I have right now.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

It was delicious.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Cavenagh posted:

Bubble And Squeak, Eggs, Flowers

Fried Chicken (Bit of a victory as it was the first fried chicken I've et stateside that didn't disagree with me horrendously.)

Mussels, Linguine, Garlic Bread

Palak Paneer, Paratha, No frogs were harmed.

Tadka Daal, Chapati, Tamarind Roast Aubergine

Steelhead Trout, Salad of Watercress & Grilled Nectarines dressed with Lime & Ginger.

Skirt Steak for Taco's.

Cherry Ice Cream

Raspberry Sorbet. The kind you find in a second hand store.

Would all of these.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Where do you live that you get peas in August? I'm pretty jealous of that.

There were still peas here at the farmers' market a week ago.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Scallops romesco with green beans.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

congee congee

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

net work error posted:

What type of ham is that on top? This looks real good.

Precubed pancetta from Trader Joe's, crisped up in a pan.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Risotto night. Unf.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

ShadowCatboy posted:

As tasty as it looks, it seems a little too dry to be a risotto. It seems to be halfway down the line to a pilaf.

No it's really moist, not sure why it looks like that in the pic.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

blacquethoven posted:

feature app tonight: masa hushpuppies, braised pork, queso fresco, cilantro, red onion, lime cumin whipped cream

the servers ate most of it before i could grab a pic

I want this in my face!

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

blixa posted:

I tried shakshuka for the first time. Girlfriend is anti-red or orange pepper due to a recent bad experience, so I went with the budget bytes recipe that omits peppers and adds cannelini beans. Served with freshly baked ciabatta.

So. drat. Tasty.

Use hot peppers.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Can confirm Mich chicken is amazing.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

I made a bread.

Ate with curry.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Number 1 Sexy Dad posted:

I found a worm in my broccoli after I blanched it. Wonder how many I ate.

Last week I was washing the other half of some arugula I'd had in the fridge for a while and a wasp fell out. "Ew", I thought. "I hope I didn't eat any wasp in the last batch." Then the wasp woke up in the sink and started wiggling.

Wash your veggies, people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

My cast iron which is at least 40 years old was definitely broken and mended at some point. You can see the seam on the bottom.

• Locked thread