Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beerinator
Feb 21, 2003
My two patty smash burger didn't get as smashed as I wanted, but it was still an incredible burger.

I cook a lot of burgers, rarely the smash variety. Main flaw with this run was not greasing up my metal spatula.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003

Echeveria posted:

Give me.. the recipe... NOW

Click the picture, nerd.

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003

goodness posted:

http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/03/the-food-lab-maximize-flavor-by-ultra-smashin.html

Here is a pretty great article for smashed burgers. I love serious eats so much.

Yeah, I based some of my inadequate actions on that recipe.

I used twice the meat and twice the manliness. But half of the, "make sure the spatula is greased."

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003

Casu Marzu posted:

Beef stew, fresh bread, Tyranena Rocky's Revenge

Hell yeah, Midwest is the best.

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003

sharkattack posted:

butterfinger cookie sandwiches

Awesome recipe. Now preparing for small diabetic coma.

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003
I've been using my waffle iron for things.

First was leftover thanksgiving

Then I tried leftover enchiladas.

Next I moved on to sandwiches.

For the holidays, I waffled cinnamon rolls for my family.

Then I thought about this awesome "bread cheese" and things were good (yes, this is all cheese).

And for the Super Bowl, I even waffled a buffalo chicken wing.

For every picture you see here, I've done 3 or 4 other little waffle projects. Almost everything can be waffled.

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003

Crusty Nutsack posted:

though I'm not so sure about that chicken wing

It took 25 or so minutes to cook. It was a pretty good wing, but I can cook 20+ good wings in almost the same amount of time.

I just had to do it.

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003

franco posted:

I had never heard of this stuff before. Now I need to find a Finnish penpal. And maybe a waffle iron.

The type of bread cheese I buy is from Wisconsin. I see it on Amazon here. Sort of expensive. I paid around ten bucks for one package.

Bread Cheese, Juustoleipa, 10 oz. (2 pack) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E64Z7TA/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_KKJ1ub10FAXND

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003

kinmik posted:

Guess what I just bought because of you. Did you just throw a slab onto the waffle iron, or did you grease it first? What did you have with it?

I sliced off quarter inch slices and set them side by side on the waffle iron. So basically I just made sure everything was consistently a quarter inch thick or so and the heat turns the slices into a patty. No need to grease it.

When it's done, take the cheese waffle off and cut it into strips/pieces. Dip into marinara or pesto or just eat it by itself. Next party I throw, I'm going to put the waffle iron in the corner and just let people go nuts waffling cheese with different dips.

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003

redweird posted:

Yeah

To clarify, a sushi roll is a sandwich because it is food encased in an edible covering which can be held, but is not completely sealed. For example, a taco is a sandwich because of the opening, whereas a meat pie is not a sandwich as the edible filling is completely encased by an edible covering.

Cha siu bao? Not a sandwich
Burrito? A sandwich
Burger? you better believe that's a sandwich
Ravioli? Not a sandwich

This means a folded slice of NY style pizza is a sandwich and you're a crazy person with a bad dictionary.

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003

overdesigned posted:

Hard to follow up an ICSA entry, (drat dude that looks awesome) but chickens were on sale for $1/lb, so I fried a chicken:

I'm very pleased with your choices.

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003

Bob_McBob posted:

Smashburg life :black101:

Nice work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003
I've been working on my buttermilk biscuits.

This recipe I use is almost exactly this recipe, except mine calls for another half cup of buttermilk. It's a super easy recipe and the only downfall of making your own biscuits is the clean up time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d348FGXomg0

• Locked thread