Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

guppy posted:

Dinner tonight:

Chickpeas and baby spinach braised in coconut milk with ginger and lemon. Served over a Hasselback russet potato. Sorry for the crappy photo, I thought it came out better and when I realized it didn't we had eaten it already.

I never imagined a russet potato could look so appetizing as the focal point of a meal.

I usually stick to baking since I'm not very confident preparing actual food, but I got a new cookbook for Christmas, so I took it for a test drive with some cauliflower soup.

I also did a cookie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Lemon Chocolate Pie

I used the Cooks Illustrated/Serious Eats crust recipe that Kenji came up with (sans vodka) and I'm never making pie crust without a food processor again. Sooo flaky.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Casu Marzu posted:

modernist mac, roasted broc and cauliflo

Yes please.

Baked apples stuffed with cranberries, pecans, cinnamon, brown sugar, butter, and oats. Pictured here while I was browning the tops and bottoms before tossing the whole thing in the oven for half an hour.

Tacier fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Jan 25, 2015

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Doh004 posted:

Finally got to cook a meal this weekend.

Pan seared chipotle red snapper with a lemon butter sauce on top of pureed spiced sweet potato and crispy roasted brussel sprouts.

I really liked it :shobon:

Hell yeah, that looks delicious. Nice presentation.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Cavenagh posted:

Fried Farro, Aubergine, Pickled Carrots, Eggs.

Everything looks great, but drat those eggs are perfect.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

I made Black Garlic Chocolate Donuts for a garlic party. They were surprisingly edible.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Axikal posted:

Awwh -pats you on the head- It's adorable you think your way of cooking is the best and only.

So cute!

You also mis-spelled "delicious", but I forgive you.

This is a very friendly thread and nobody minds if you post your popcorn chicken alfredo ranch pasta wraps or whatever, but everyone is probably going to hate you if you talk like this.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

sharkattack posted:

coffee-maple poundcake (coffee + maple is the most obvious flavor combo that I only just discovered, and it works SO well)

When I see maple extract in a list of ingredients I typically forget about it and move on to another recipe, but this has finally convinced me to just order some.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

It's strawberry season in Northern California so I did a galette.

I will probably never make a traditional strawberry pie again. I really like the galette's higher crust to fruit ratio.

• Locked thread