Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Remember: no matter where you go, there you are.
Thanksgiving

A few days after Thanksgiving

Last night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
sourdough/brie/cripps pink apple/bacon/cheddar/bacon grease

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Hamburger with bacon ground in, caramelized slice of onion between the cheddar slices.

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
skirt steak tacos

drat you imgur/firefox, you fuckin' my colors up.

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006

IT BURNS posted:

Made Kenji's tikka masala and it was delicious, as in motherloving restaurant quality:

I want that straight into my face.

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
NYE carnitas tacos!

ogopogo fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jan 1, 2015

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Been tweaking my pizza oven the last few days. Still haven't got it dialed in. Oh well, more pizza...

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Margherita pizza in the FrankenOven

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006

Margherita with prosciutto and mushrooms.

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006

Mr. Wookums posted:

That looks a good bit better than mine. What's your setup? Looks like a steel and foil to radiate down?

I've modified the whole thing a bit.
Inside, I've layered the kettle pizza rim with another half circle of sheet steel with tinfoil sandwiched between. I have a nice pizza stone that fills the entire circle of the grill grate, so that's my base layer, where I light the firewood. I bent a little guard for the fire that is held down by the 1/4" steel plate that I use to cook the pizzas on.

I then wrap the dome in tinfoil to help radiate and concentrate the heat back down. It cranks up to well past 800 in about 15 mins. Really happy with my last few pizzas, the best I've ever made. Good fluffy dough on the edges and the right amount of firmness on the pie, with some crispy bits here and there.

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Pastrami sammich with salami, cucumber, avocado, sharp cheddar, lettuce, mustard, mayo on sourdough

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Because I have a problem

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006

Chilaquiles with leftover carnitas and guacamole from last night.

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Fried chicken and potatoes! Homemade Raisin' Cane's style sauce, and a bourbon honey Sriracha glaze.

Tasty home food.

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
NYE burger - sharp cheddar, grilled onions, brie.

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Chicken stir-fry on brown rice and bok choy.

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Skirt steak tacos. One with just onion/cilantro, one with onion/cilantro and the reduction of the marinade and the pan drippings from cooking the meat. Like a fatty, spicy sauce. Real good.

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Egg and pancetta on sourdough.

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Chicken nachos on homemade tortilla chips.

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006

Mojo Threepwood posted:

Dang that looks good. What marinade did you use for the chicken?

Just winged the recipe with what sounded good.

The marinade (eyeball it all to the amount of chicken you have. You want to coat it, not drown):
Lime juice
Small amount of olive oil (I had a cilantro/onion infused OO)
Splash of fish sauce
Splash of teriyaki sauce
Red Chilis, finely diced
Garlic, minced or grated
Salt/Pepper
Cumin
Onion powder

Let sit for at least an hour.

I diced my chicken into pretty small cubes, so it cooked up pretty fast and had a nice seasoning char, while still being moist and delicious.

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006

VelociBacon posted:

Frenched Lamb Rack-2 by Trevor Zuliani, on Flickr

Frenched Lamb Rack by Trevor Zuliani, on Flickr

Frenched lamb rack with honey garlic glazed veg and mashed potatoes. Garnished with scallot/red wine reduction with offcuts from the frenching of the rack.

e: Man I need an insta-read thermometer.

gently caress. That's amazing.

Made a bigass steak for myself. Bone-in ribeye.

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006

VelociBacon posted:

I've never even seen a bone-in, did you grab this from a butcher and ask specifically for it? Must have been great.

Bone-in ribeye are pretty common where I'm at, but I did go to a local butcher and have her specifically cut this piece for me. Melted in my mouth!

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Sourdough/Apple/Brie/Bacon + Lagunitas Pils

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
I'm a pizza nut like blacquethoven and found a good compromise to the home oven vs. the massive outdoor backyard oven. Pizza Party oven, built by a couple Italian dudes in Venice and shipped right to your door.

Portable as hell and fires up to temp super fast. I'm in the works of running a pop-up pizza stand at a few local events this summer, and this bad boy can churn out a pizza every 2-3 minutes if I'm working fast.

ogopogo fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Feb 24, 2016

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006

Doom Rooster posted:

I've been seriously looking into getting one of the bigger ones of those. Can it break 850 and hold reliably?

Absolutely. I can get up to and past 900 in 20 mins. It takes good fuel management and a close eye, but you can stoke it and keep it at good pizza temps as long as you have wood on hand. I bought the 52x52, but definitely am looking at the 72x72 later this year if things go well. I love it, there's a lot of charm in the whole thing.

This is my 4th oven I've invested time/money into, beyond my home oven. Started with an Uuni, but it's too finicky and size limited for anything beyond super small parties. The KettlePizza (2nd oven) is a good idea, and works well - but I had to mod it heavily (3rd oven iteration) to get it up to decent cooking temps, but it was space limited for fuel and could only sustain temps for 10-12 mins before seriously taking a dive in heat capacity.

ogopogo fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Feb 24, 2016

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
"poo poo I had in the fridge" breakfast taco.

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Habanero lime marinated skirt steak tacos.

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Lunch! Humboldt fog, prosciutto, Honey Crisp apple, sourdough baguette.

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006

eine dose socken posted:

Paella with shrimp, mussels and chicken. Came out great, even if I got an old batch of mussels and had to throw out more than half because they were open before cooking.

Hot drat that looks incredible. I imagine there's wine and bread just out of that picture.

Also, more of the same for lunch. Small bits of parm and gouda that I scrounged, Humboldt Fog, Merlot Bellavitano, some mustard, soppressata and prosciutto.

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006

The Midniter posted:

Was there color correction on the photo, or was the outside of that avocado really that brilliantly bright green color?

The avo was surprisingly vibrant in color, but there is definitely a ~~**FiLtEr**~~ making things pop.

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Another day, another taco.

Carnitas chunks and avocado!

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Fine day for a pizza cook outside!

Pizza Margherita!

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006

MrSlam posted:

Cross-posting from the Indian thread

Dang. I'm not a shrimp guy, but will still get rude on a bowl of that.

Portobello mushroom grilled cheese with American cheese, buffalo mozz, basil, red onion, and avocado. Basically, lots of leftover bits in zip-locs I wanted to get rid of.

Turned out really good.

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
x-posting from the pizza thread

I made a pizza video featuring my sourdough Margherita - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IO0x35ONcg

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Is this a sponsored post?

I'm just a pizza obsessed dude. Not selling anything, just show some good eats!

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006

Phil Moscowitz posted:

It does look good and your production is great. Just the title of the video is the name of the pizza oven, which we see quite a bit, whole lot of effort to make a video to post on SA, etc.

Totally fair! I've spent 8 years working on my pizza, and have gone through 5 iterations of oven - this Pizza Party is just a rad oven for the money, I'm very proud of it :) You can see my post history in this thread alone - I've come a long way in my pizza and ovens!

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006

iajanus posted:

My Trinidad Scorpion Chocolate chillies are finally ripe, so I picked a few and made garlic & chilli butter, which I then used to baste my 600g ribeye :D. Delicious and radioactive... Sorry for the poor quality phone pics but I was drinking heavily and watching my football team lose so I'm shocked that I remembered to take any photos at all.

Those look like Satan's testicles. Looks tasty as gently caress though.

Last pizza cook in the desert for a couple weeks.

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
x-post from the burger thread-

Elk burger with bacon and roasted New Mexico hatch green chile ground in. Avocado, pepperjack, onion, butter lettuce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Steak frites and arugula salad with homemade mustard lemon dressing!

• Locked thread