Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I don't even know what that is! But that was funny. Did it taste ok? 80 points for effort. Same goes for anyone who makes a charming video of the now Bonus Drink Nexal Gets Voted Out!

Any Beer
A Bit of Whiskey
Egg White
Tabasco Sauce
Milk
Add ice cubes (crushed?)
Garnish with an Orange (apple?) wedge.

Have fun. Remember we reward creativity here at the Foodfia Corporation.

It's a reference to Capps video from Popularity Contest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc0Wl8ngvZ8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Big Nothing posted:

That was entertaining. Did it taste good at all?

The milk and beer overpowered everything and it tasted like a yeasty milk. I was expecting it to be worse in all honesty.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Here's the post pm from Nexal that inspired it all by the way:

quote:

Nexal wrote on Dec 1, 2014 15:19:

quote:

MildManeredManikin wrote on Dec 1, 2014 19:56:
What are things to not do when making cocktails? Things you would never do?

Good luck getting people to mix beer and whiskey without making it a mess.

You don't want to mix tabasco with eggwhite and salt and pepper which are all common in cocktails.

Then I once accidentally made red bull+gin and immediately after I regretted that about for the rest of the month.

If you truly want disgusting drinks you could think something with milk. Stuff like beer and milk.

I circled the stuff I thought relevant but I didn't have any red bull (thank god) so you can add some of that if you want.

This post was inspirational as well

Nexal posted:

Some general tips for players.

Some cocktails need to be shaken but not everyone have a Boston shaker or the old classic tom shaker at home so you can use water bottles or something like this

to shake the cocktails in.

I rather take something thick that can hold even ice as it's used for most shaken drinks.

When people say wedges they don't mean slices.
]
This is silly and too old.

This is much better.

With most cocktails that use whiskey and ice and need to be stirred. Try stir so that you won't hit the ice with you spoon.

Sugar syrup usually is 50/50 sugar and water.

1 oz = 3 Cl

1 shot = 3 cl = 1 oz

Ill share more tips in future posts =)

Jump King fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Dec 4, 2014

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

100YrsofAttitude posted:

• Cherry- 140......................Total left: 0
  • Pretzel- 120......................Total left: 1
  • Pilkington- 120.................Total left: 1
  • Olives- 90.........................Total left: 2
  • Parasol- 90...................... Total left: 3
  • Lemon Twist-70................Total left: 3
  • Lime Slice- 50...................Total left: 3
  • Orange Wedge- 50 ...........Total left: 3
  • Chips- 40..........................Total left: 4
  • Ice- 40..............................Total left: 3
  • Celery Stick-30................. Total left: 5
  • Peanuts-30........................Total left: 5
  • Crazy Straw-20.................Total left: 8
  • Napkin-10.........................Total left: 10

I'm guessing the smoothie drinkers cleared out the top of the bar, what was a cherry btw?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I dont have all the ingredients because we ended up not going shopping.

Im still gonna make it even if I dont get the points :unsmigghh:

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

MildManeredManikin posted:

I'm guessing the smoothie drinkers cleared out the top of the bar, what was a cherry btw?

You know this is the equivalent of role-fishing right?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Puntification posted:

You know this is the equivalent of role-fishing right?

Not when it is public, cherry is a bit different because there are no more to purchase, but asking about a purchased garnish would be good. Especially because most are likely 1 shot. In fact, I think not sharing information is what torpedoed town in Cookfia. Killing off people with high points, a publicly known thing, is a good strategy, regardless of what each individual garnish does.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Grandicap posted:

Not when it is public, cherry is a bit different because there are no more to purchase, but asking about a purchased garnish would be good. Especially because most are likely 1 shot. In fact, I think not sharing information is what torpedoed town in Cookfia. Killing off people with high points, a publicly known thing, is a good strategy, regardless of what each individual garnish does.

Eeeh yeah ok you might have a point there. If enough people agree it's worth it, I am willing to share the details of everything my poor judgement bought me.

Don't read if you're town:dear scum although I have lots of stuff please don't kill me cos I've literally never used any ability I've had usefully in a game ever so am not a threat to you, okay thanks, I honestly just wanna use this game as an excuse to drink some interesting things and mess about, I'm too busy modding my own game to properly scumhunt anyway, luv n hugs punt xxx .

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Forgot to check, but was there at least 2 of every garnish?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Sorry I was nyquilled and fell asleep but you guys no lynched anyway. Day 1 is over. Night 1 begins. You have 24 hours to get night actions in.

The current recipes stand plus the Nexal gets voted out bonus drink. I'll see if I can scrounge up another bonus drink.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Day 2 begins!

Puntification, Town Stump was Killed!

Opopanax, Scum Goon was stabbed last night and died!

This means:

Puntifications Caipirinha!
5 cl cachaça
Half a lime cut into 4 wedges
2 teaspoons brown sugar

Place lime and sugar into old fashioned glass and muddle (mash the two ingredients together using a muddler or a wooden spoon). Fill the glass with crushed ice and add the Cachaça.

and

Opop's Rum and Coke:
1 can diet coke with lime
1 shot of spiced rum

Mix. Drink. Chill.

are now available.

Seeing that so few really did the other recipes the three previous recipes are still available for another 3 days. The next deadline will be on Monday Night 9PM Eastern.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Yo dudes I stumped myself and murdered opop, I will now tell you all the what the garnishes I bought do.

The ice is 1-day stump powers, the Pilkington is a night vig, the pretzel is jailer, olive is doc, and the cherry was a doublevote that's now gone to waste.

I am town hero/martyr and somb is either dumb for doubting me or a scumlord, point and laugh at him, maybe vote too I dunno I'm not the boss of you lot anyway.

100yrs Do still get points if I make the drinks and donate them to whoever I like?

I will do some scum hunting tomorrow but I'm too hungover currently.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Um punt you seem to be dead

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Big Nothing posted:

Um punt you seem to be dead

Um punt is a stump.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

Um punt is a stump.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Puntification, Town Stump was Killed!

Nah I'm pretty sure punt is dead

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Big Nothing posted:

Nah I'm pretty sure punt is dead

Yes, punt is dead. But by definition a stump can talk after death.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
DDDDddddduuuuurrrr what's a stump said an idiot. Big nothing was that idiot. Big nothing is an idiot.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Grandicap posted:

Yes, punt is dead. But by definition a stump can talk after death.

Oh, that kinda makes sense

Punt, i think you can save your points to contribute to restocking the bar

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I start participating tomorrow (money problems have made me feel bad about my inability to make drinks)!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm trying to think of how to make a non-alcoholic rum and coke that isn't just a glass of coke.

The other one apparently you can sub in gingerale, so I'll try making that tonight.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Puntification posted:

Yo dudes I stumped myself and murdered opop, I will now tell you all the what the garnishes I bought do.

The ice is 1-day stump powers, the Pilkington is a night vig, the pretzel is jailer, olive is doc, and the cherry was a doublevote that's now gone to waste.

I am town hero/martyr and somb is either dumb for doubting me or a scumlord, point and laugh at him, maybe vote too I dunno I'm not the boss of you lot anyway.

100yrs Do still get points if I make the drinks and donate them to whoever I like?

I will do some scum hunting tomorrow but I'm too hungover currently.

Yes. Anyone gets points for any drinks made. You cannot use those points, but you can donate them to the player of your choice. The donation can be made publicly or privately, as you like. Points a non-active player (ie spectator or dead person) acquire cannot be used directly to restock the bar. They must be donated to be of any use.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Asiina posted:

I'm trying to think of how to make a non-alcoholic rum and coke that isn't just a glass of coke.

The other one apparently you can sub in gingerale, so I'll try making that tonight.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

I will do this if it gets me some sweet points.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I have bought cachaça and ingredients for opop's abomination. I will be using neither of them tonight and will be instead be enjoying a nice rum and diet. Pictures eventually!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Rum and diet, I thought I had spiced rum but apparently I did not, so I used aged rum.

Lime wedge, not lime slice. I also like spinning the wedge around the rim of the glass so you get a nice coating of lime juice all the way around the rim. This gives you a nice fresh burst of lime flavor with the first sip you take. I squeeze the wedge in eventually, but then I don't have a pretty lime wedge on the side.

Super simple drink, but always hits the spot. Rum and diet is one of my go to drinks, so thanks Opop for giving me a reason to take a picture of it.

Also aren't those tiny cans of coke adorable. It is like they are made for mixed drinks. Whenever I use a regular 12oz can I have to commit to 3+ drinks, with the baby cans I can get a nice drink without committing to a night of drinking.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Puntifications Caipirinha!
5 cl cachaça
Half a lime cut into 4 wedges
2 teaspoons brown sugar

Place lime and sugar into old fashioned glass and muddle (mash the two ingredients together using a muddler or a wooden spoon). Fill the glass with crushed ice and add the Cachaça.

I found a totally legitimate non-alcoholic version that uses ginger ale.

It wasn't that great. It just made my ginger ale taste like sprite.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I also made a rum* and coke.

*pepsi

I detailed the intricate process since it got a little technical in places.

It all started with a glass of ice.

First we pour the coke.

Then we pour the pepsi rum (and we ignore the drop on the counter)

Finally garnish with a lime slice because why not. Please note that because of the tall glass this lime slice is purely decoration and never makes contact with the drink.

Ta-da! I'll take my 500 points please.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I made a rum and coke last night, but my phone apparently refused to take a picture of it. :(

I also tried kalimotxo for the first time, and it's good. I was very pleasantly surprised.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Asiina posted:

I also made a rum* and coke.

That's a solid effort.

EXAKT Science posted:

I made a rum and coke last night, but my phone apparently refused to take a picture of it. :(

I also tried kalimotxo for the first time, and it's good. I was very pleasantly surprised.

That seems like how a Mexican would spell it. I know Mexicans and Spaniards drink it. You get severely mocked in France for mixing your red wine with coke, but I think in Spain it's far more common to have bad cheap red table wine, which due to taste it's almost preferable to mix with Coke. I don't do it myself though, it's a strange mix I find.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

So, tonight I made the Caipirinha! Side note, is the ! needed or is it just because punt was excited about it, I think it is needed so I will use it. So I bought cachaça, the smell is a bit like citrus with a bunch of alcohol. Very aromatic for an 80 proof alcohol. You can smell most definitely smell the alcohol, but the other notes are there and strong too. I had left over lime from my rum and coke.

I muddled the lime with the sugar and had sweet lime juice, and not very much of it. I am a bit scared that mixing a shot of liquor with only a small amount of lime juice, and sipping it rather than shooting it will be a bit strong. Well, onward. The other roadblock I had was that I don't have crushed ice, only cubed. So I put some cubes in a baggie and beat it against my counter until I had crushed ice. Problem solved.

I felt like the Caipirinha! was a lime-y drink and needed an umbrella, and I added a cherry too to be festive, and because I had them.

The Caipirinha! was pretty good, but it was strong like I feared. It definitely worked though, the lime mixed well with the odd liquor. I think a splash of sprite or gingerale would have made it more too my liking. And maybe some mint too. I have a whole bottle of the stuff so I can figure it out as I go.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Oh yeah, this is still mafia.

I think Big Nothing is the scum, yesterday he worked in concert with Opop to derail the hope of real voting when the joke train was about to pull away from the station.

I talked about it here:

Grandicap posted:

Still happy over voting Opop for this.

A recap of what happened... Opop voted me for a silly reason, a good joke vote.
Punt voted opop pretty poorly for the joke vote on me. Bad reasoning, but whatever.
Then somber voted Punt for the bad joke on opop, first quality vote of the game, found a grain of something worthwhile in a game where nothing happened, at least a starting point for content.

Then Opop comes in and votes somber going with a wordplay joke vote. It instantly stops the game from moving somewhere out of the realm of the joke and sqarely back into it, which then BN comes in and shatters any illusion serious vote and gets the goofy train back on it's laugh track.

Yup, that is a thing I said.

##vote BN

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Grandicap posted:

The Caipirinha! was pretty good, but it was strong like I feared. It definitely worked though, the lime mixed well with the odd liquor. I think a splash of sprite or gingerale would have made it more too my liking. And maybe some mint too. I have a whole bottle of the stuff so I can figure it out as I go.

I've always had caiprinhas made as if they were mojitos, just the alcohol was substituted. It works.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Grandicap posted:

So, tonight I made the Caipirinha! Side note, is the ! needed or is it just because punt was excited about it, I think it is needed so I will use it. So I bought cachaça, the smell is a bit like citrus with a bunch of alcohol. Very aromatic for an 80 proof alcohol. You can smell most definitely smell the alcohol, but the other notes are there and strong too. I had left over lime from my rum and coke.

I muddled the lime with the sugar and had sweet lime juice, and not very much of it. I am a bit scared that mixing a shot of liquor with only a small amount of lime juice, and sipping it rather than shooting it will be a bit strong. Well, onward. The other roadblock I had was that I don't have crushed ice, only cubed. So I put some cubes in a baggie and beat it against my counter until I had crushed ice. Problem solved.

I felt like the Caipirinha! was a lime-y drink and needed an umbrella, and I added a cherry too to be festive, and because I had them.

I in fact did not use an exclamation mark at all, it was a mod-addition but an appropriate one. Yeah The basic recipe is just pure booze with the lime juice and the sugar to take the edge off, it's completely legit to add poo poo loads of different fruits and juices to make it a bit more exciting though.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Grandicap posted:

Oh yeah, this is still mafia.

I think Big Nothing is the scum, yesterday he worked in concert with Opop to derail the hope of real voting when the joke train was about to pull away from the station.

I talked about it here:

Yup, that is a thing I said.

##vote BN

If you're looking at BN I think this post bears consideration as well:

Big Nothing posted:

Good poo poo Pig ##unvote

So we're doing the usual plan right guys, wait until hour till deadline then lynch a random person?
That unvote is from opop, putting scum out of pole-position but he makes a non-sequitous comment about cpig there, also he comments on the lynch strategy but despite being around an hour before the deadline talking about garnishes he doesn't re-vote.

I think BN is a decent choice today, I think somber is a good alternative, it seems like he spent a lot of energy deflecting attention from opop and his interaction with EXAKT over EXAKT challenging BN seemed off to me, like he was discouraging one of the few people trying from doing anything productive.

Asiina's only non-drink related posts involved claiming vt and voting somber for his scumclaim, she might be a bad dude too, or just being lazy.

I've only just noticed ernie's in this game since his last point.

MMM hasn't talked about the game or voted at all.

I'm ok with exakt.

I have a vague fear that you are scum and you're doing some pro-distancing on opop and BN but there's no logical basis for it.

I do wonder if people are worried about sticking their heads too far above the parapet before having the chance to make lots of drinks and that is one of the things putting dampers on the game.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Yeah that unvote looks super bad doesnt it :v:

I think Somb and Grandi are good guys personally, based on their interactions with Opop before his death. This could be faked though :tinfoil:

Everybody else hasn't really got content to go on. i could say exakt is a bad guy for thinking i am scum, but its a super weak case

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Sorry about the lack of activity on my part. I usually play during downtime at work just because I share a laptop with my partner at home, which has made the drink participation something I keep putting off.

The BN unvote seems less exciting since I don't think we were particularly close to a lynch at all day one.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Big Nothing (1): Grandicap

Not Voting (7): Asiina, Big Nothing, CapitalistPig, Ernie., EXAKT Science, MildManeredManikin, Somberbrero

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is December 08th, 2014 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 6 hours, 15 minutes.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
In interest of trying to avoid a no-lynch, yeah. ##vote Big Nothing

I might have just enough time to run home after work and slam back some drinks, but probably not.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
If someone is bothered enough to convince me that they are deserving of it I will go down the road to the off-licence and make both drinks for them. No scums or scrublords pls k'thanx.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Puntification posted:

If someone is bothered enough to convince me that they are deserving of it I will go down the road to the off-licence and make both drinks for them. No scums or scrublords pls k'thanx.

I can't say that I'm not a scrublord this game but I promise I will serve you will for that boon.

Wait, you can make drinks for other people?

• Locked thread