Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Looking forward to this! confirming also when's thanksgiving?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
I'd like my flavour for this to be Caipirinha.

5 cl cachaça
Half a lime cut into 4 wedges
2 teaspoons brown sugar

Place lime and sugar into old fashioned glass and muddle (mash the two ingredients together using a muddler or a wooden spoon). Fill the glass with crushed ice and add the Cachaça.

The name Caipirinha is sometimes used to mean cachaca with any type of fruit and there are vodka, rum and sake based variants; so my cocktail comes with the inbuilt capacity for interesting variations on the premise, maybe not so much for tee-totallers (sorry) but you can't have everything.

Also just to make sure I understand, we get bonuses for making the drinks but this is different from the points used to buy garnishes, which spectators donate to us and we don't aquire directly?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Nexal posted:

With most cocktails that use whiskey and ice and need to be stirred. Try stir so that you won't hit the ice with you spoon.

Thanks for the tips but why can't the spoon touch the ice?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Opopanax posted:

Does anyone know a good way to get chicken breast into a smoothie? Stock, maybe?

Can we request modkills on people for purposefully choosing gross drinks?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Opopanax posted:

No no, I quit. I won't have the time to do this. Sorry

Sorry to hear that, glad I won't have to make your cocktail choice though! :v:

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Oh ok. That's fine. If it's a holiday thing, and if that's going to be an issue I can wait till after the New Year's everyone agrees to come back for it.

No shut up it starts next week end of. I will fight anyone who wants/says otherwise.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Opopanax posted:

Grandi, you're a genius!

The Swimming Jacob

1/2 Cup Crunchy Peanut Butter
2 slices of candied bacon, crumbled
1 cup Milk or Cream
2 tbsp chili sauce
3/4 cup Greek Yogurt or Rice Pudding
1 Banana
1 raw egg

It is done.

Opop, I love you like a brother but you disgust me.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Grandicap posted:

Now that the holidays are over, I'd try recruiting again in the discussion thread. The game won't last long enough for me to get properly drunk with only 10.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
I think we should randomly turbo someone when the game starts so we can skip straight to the drinking.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
So we don't get alignments yet? I also think there should be a rule that the mod can't demand us make cocktails they aren't willing to make themselves.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

EXAKT Science posted:

Confirming that I am my favorite role!

Gonna assume you mean scum ##vote EXAKT

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

EXAKT Science posted:

I am VT but I could understand if people wanted to kill me. I have a drink that makes all the pain of a bad mafia game just melt away.

What did you choose, in fact can someone, possibly a mod? Colate the drink choices in a post that would be cool...

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

I wanna unvote you for the kelly but also wanna drink whiskey sours, how terribly annoying.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Opopanax posted:

##vote grandi mod confirmed liar==mod confirmed scum

Riding the mod misreading a post is a pretty contrived vote reason ##vote opop

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Somberbrero posted:

Taking a joke-vote seriously like that is silly though.

Is this about me or you?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

I made a shirley temple, apologies for the picture quality.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

CapitalistPig posted:

My gf is going to go to the store today, I told her to get stuff to make a swimming jacob, prepare yourselves.

It is coming......

Good luck you're a braver dude than the rest of us :worship:

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

I forgot to show the banana and the chilli but IT'S HAPPENING!!! I'm planning to add the kahula if it tastes too rank by itself, also so it's alcoholic. I'm gonna have to candify the bacon myself (should get me extra points imo) because I don't think that's a thing in the UK.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

If it wasn't for the chunks of candied bacon, which makes it unpleasantly chewy at times (also I don't know how commercial candied bacon tastes but this was more meaty than candy and the contrast to the other elements being largely very sweet is not great), this would actually be pretty ok. It tastes reasonably good with the subsequent addition of kahula, I do unfortunately have about 3 pints worth that I now need to drink.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Somberbrero posted:

Hey if we don't have a deadline, we're never gonna lynch.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

You have until Thursday at 9 pm EST (I am still in Europe after all) to lynch. Coincidentally you also have 3 days until 12 am Friday to make the following two drinks:

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Somberbrero posted:

Oh neat! It wasn't set in votefinder.

Yeah I guess he forgot or whatever. Anyway the cocktail has made me feel sick so we should all lynch opop for suggesting it to begin with.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

MildManeredManikin posted:

Friends,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB99mNtGhJM

I made a new cocktail for you guys.

This is magical.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

MildManeredManikin posted:

I'm guessing the smoothie drinkers cleared out the top of the bar, what was a cherry btw?

You know this is the equivalent of role-fishing right?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Grandicap posted:

Not when it is public, cherry is a bit different because there are no more to purchase, but asking about a purchased garnish would be good. Especially because most are likely 1 shot. In fact, I think not sharing information is what torpedoed town in Cookfia. Killing off people with high points, a publicly known thing, is a good strategy, regardless of what each individual garnish does.

Eeeh yeah ok you might have a point there. If enough people agree it's worth it, I am willing to share the details of everything my poor judgement bought me.

Don't read if you're town:dear scum although I have lots of stuff please don't kill me cos I've literally never used any ability I've had usefully in a game ever so am not a threat to you, okay thanks, I honestly just wanna use this game as an excuse to drink some interesting things and mess about, I'm too busy modding my own game to properly scumhunt anyway, luv n hugs punt xxx .

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Yo dudes I stumped myself and murdered opop, I will now tell you all the what the garnishes I bought do.

The ice is 1-day stump powers, the Pilkington is a night vig, the pretzel is jailer, olive is doc, and the cherry was a doublevote that's now gone to waste.

I am town hero/martyr and somb is either dumb for doubting me or a scumlord, point and laugh at him, maybe vote too I dunno I'm not the boss of you lot anyway.

100yrs Do still get points if I make the drinks and donate them to whoever I like?

I will do some scum hunting tomorrow but I'm too hungover currently.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
DDDDddddduuuuurrrr what's a stump said an idiot. Big nothing was that idiot. Big nothing is an idiot.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Grandicap posted:

So, tonight I made the Caipirinha! Side note, is the ! needed or is it just because punt was excited about it, I think it is needed so I will use it. So I bought cachaça, the smell is a bit like citrus with a bunch of alcohol. Very aromatic for an 80 proof alcohol. You can smell most definitely smell the alcohol, but the other notes are there and strong too. I had left over lime from my rum and coke.

I muddled the lime with the sugar and had sweet lime juice, and not very much of it. I am a bit scared that mixing a shot of liquor with only a small amount of lime juice, and sipping it rather than shooting it will be a bit strong. Well, onward. The other roadblock I had was that I don't have crushed ice, only cubed. So I put some cubes in a baggie and beat it against my counter until I had crushed ice. Problem solved.

I felt like the Caipirinha! was a lime-y drink and needed an umbrella, and I added a cherry too to be festive, and because I had them.

The Caipirinha! was pretty good, but it was strong like I feared. It definitely worked though, the lime mixed well with the odd liquor. I think a splash of sprite or gingerale would have made it more too my liking. And maybe some mint too. I have a whole bottle of the stuff so I can figure it out as I go.

I in fact did not use an exclamation mark at all, it was a mod-addition but an appropriate one. Yeah The basic recipe is just pure booze with the lime juice and the sugar to take the edge off, it's completely legit to add poo poo loads of different fruits and juices to make it a bit more exciting though.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Grandicap posted:

Oh yeah, this is still mafia.

I think Big Nothing is the scum, yesterday he worked in concert with Opop to derail the hope of real voting when the joke train was about to pull away from the station.

I talked about it here:

Yup, that is a thing I said.

##vote BN

If you're looking at BN I think this post bears consideration as well:

Big Nothing posted:

Good poo poo Pig ##unvote

So we're doing the usual plan right guys, wait until hour till deadline then lynch a random person?
That unvote is from opop, putting scum out of pole-position but he makes a non-sequitous comment about cpig there, also he comments on the lynch strategy but despite being around an hour before the deadline talking about garnishes he doesn't re-vote.

I think BN is a decent choice today, I think somber is a good alternative, it seems like he spent a lot of energy deflecting attention from opop and his interaction with EXAKT over EXAKT challenging BN seemed off to me, like he was discouraging one of the few people trying from doing anything productive.

Asiina's only non-drink related posts involved claiming vt and voting somber for his scumclaim, she might be a bad dude too, or just being lazy.

I've only just noticed ernie's in this game since his last point.

MMM hasn't talked about the game or voted at all.

I'm ok with exakt.

I have a vague fear that you are scum and you're doing some pro-distancing on opop and BN but there's no logical basis for it.

I do wonder if people are worried about sticking their heads too far above the parapet before having the chance to make lots of drinks and that is one of the things putting dampers on the game.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
If someone is bothered enough to convince me that they are deserving of it I will go down the road to the off-licence and make both drinks for them. No scums or scrublords pls k'thanx.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Somberbrero posted:

I can't say that I'm not a scrublord this game but I promise I will serve you will for that boon.

Wait, you can make drinks for other people?

Well I can get points for the drinks I make and donate the points to whoever I like, I'm not gonna air-freight someone the rum and coke/caipirinha I make.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Ernie. posted:

I am not a scums or a scrublord and my money situation isn't as improved as I'd like it to be. I think I'll just mix the Wine/Bailey's/Coke/Beer I have at home into different drinks if you don't do it for me. :(

Ok ernie wins, if you are scum we will become mafia-nemeses but I'll make you the drinks :)

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

1 Rum and Coke.

I couldn't find any fresh limes in the shop so I'm having to wait for one from the freezer to defrost.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

I had some blueberries in the fridge so I made this variant. I didn't pay too close attention and muddled the blueberries but it tastes pretty good.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
I'm glad my stumphood runs out at the deadline, being present but unable to vote is super unfun.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Big Nothing posted:

Do you die Punt at deadline or go back to normal?

The stumphood from ice only lasts for 1 game day, I'll be permadead once the deadline's reached.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
I think it'd be pretty funny if the next scum who gets rumbled buys one and spends the next day being as annoying as possible.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Grandicap posted:

Are we no lynching again?

There's time for cpig, mmm and asiina to turn up and vote yet.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Grandicap posted:

Also, this was fun. Punt I'm sorry for murdering your face.
I was scared of the 500 points.
Asiina, I needed to kill you because you hadn't revealed which garnish was the cop before you died. I was super afraid you had picked up the stump power too.

I bought nothing until the last day where I bought the vig and a double vote too just in case. But yeah, extra reach for scum is p. awesome.

Thanks for the fun game 100, totally looking forward to cookfia. I might take a picture of my bar later, but I am super sad I never got the chance to make the pisco whisk(e)y sour. Maybe I will make one and take pictures later anyway.

I'm just relieved ernie wasn't scum and my cocktail making wasn't wasted on a scumlord.

Thanks 100yrs, it was a lot of fun, I've now a whole stack of booze I'm trying to save for xmas/new years so it's all good despite town's failure.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Opopanax posted:

Hooray I won. You're welcome, grandi :smug:

I was on you from your first post and killed you; I'm the John Romeo to your purchaser of daikatana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Opopanax posted:

That was all part of my plan! Clearly you are the one who has been made a bitch.

Well congratulations on your successful plan then.

• Locked thread