Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Confirming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I think I want to go Mojito, but I am undecided.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

CapitalistPig posted:

Im in, prepare for the grossest non alcoholic drinks I can think of.

Opop already has the flying jacob-tini covered.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I have too many drinks I want to make for this. Simple, Complex, Frozen, Hot, blended, A summery drink to fight the feelings of the upcoming winter, or a wintery drink to be festive for the season?

Vodka Martini?
Mojito?
Eggnog?
Dark & Stormy?
Mudslide?
Scotch?
Hot Toddy?
Gin & Tonic?

Goddamn, I might just be an aspiring alcoholic and make them all.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Opopanax posted:

Does anyone know a good way to get chicken breast into a smoothie? Stock, maybe?
Yeah, this would probably work, however, smoothie is not the way to go here.

Add 1.5oz chicken stock, 1.5oz 100 bananas, 1.5oz bourbon and a splash of tabasco to a shaker full of ice, top with 3oz of cream and shake vigorously. Pour into a margarita glass rimmed with crushed peanuts and garnish with a crispy strip of bacon.

Maybe drop the Tabasco and replace with bloody mary mix, if you do this, use less cream.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Nexal posted:

Did you say Mudslide :love:

No, you are probably mistaken.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Last time I tried to make nog, I only had hand whisk and beat those drat egg whites forever. The nog was delicious, but a lot of work. Now I have mechanical devices and it might be good to try it again, hmmm, that might be a finalist.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Finalizing that I am going with a nog, I will get the recipe to you by end of day tomorrow at the latest.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Spiced Eggnog - makes 6ish cups
Ingredients:
4 Eggs (Separated)
1/3rd cup sugar + 1 tbsp
2 cups whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
4.5 oz bourbon
1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg (required)
Optionally additional spices to taste totaling another 1tsp, I like ground ginger, cinnamon, and allspice
Dash of vanilla extract

Instructions
Separate your whole eggs.
Take the yolks and gradually add the sugar, leaving a tbsp in reserve, while beating until completely dissolved.
Add the milk, cream, bourbon, vanilla extract and spices to the egg mixture and stir to combine.

In a stand mixer, beat egg whites to soft peaks*.
With the mixer still running add the 1 tbsp of sugar gradually until stiff peaks form.

Whisk the white mixture into the yolk mixture and chill.

Enjoy!

*Soft peaks are when you stop the mixer and lift the beaters out of the bowl, you get little points on the ends. They are soft peaks if they collapse when you tap them and stiff peaks if they do not. Soft peaks happen first.

Caution, this recipe uses raw eggs, some people don't like this, those people are weenies, however, you can find plenty of recipes that cook the eggs for you if you are a weenie.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Opopanax posted:

Grandi, you're a genius!

The Swimming Jacob

1/2 Cup Crunchy Peanut Butter
2 slices of candied bacon, crumbled
1 cup Milk or Cream
2 tbsp chili sauce
3/4 cup Greek Yogurt or Rice Pudding
1 Banana
1 raw egg

It is done.

Is this blended or just dropped in a Colins glass or something?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

100YrsofAttitude posted:

The eggnog sounds delicious and I like how you add required for nutmeg. Is what I tell people in regards to cilantro and guacamole, those who dislike cilantro have never had real guacamole in my opinion.

You are right about guac, however, there is the whole genetic thing where some people actually taste cilantro as soap.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Now that the holidays are over, I'd try recruiting again in the discussion thread. The game won't last long enough for me to get properly drunk with only 10.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

So, let's get this game started. I have been feeling under the weather recently and what better way to feel better than a hot bowl of chicken noodle soup with a shot of warm gin?

That sounds disgusting, but this is something that actually helps. Hot Apple Cider. I know this isn't anyone's actual drink, and if it is, well then I'm jumping the gun, but I am drinking it, I might as well take pictures.

I have a package of mulling spices, a granny smith apple, some bourbon and some store bought cider. If I wanted to do it right, I would have some cinnamon sticks and some all spice and have started with apple juice and mulled it myself, but who has time for that? Actually, me, but not tonight.

Tonight I just added a healthy serving of bourbon, mixed in the spices, topped off with cider and then microwaved until it was hot. Then I sliced up an apple and garnished poorly. I also added a little honey at the end to soothe my throat, but that is not pictured.

Either this will help, or I'll be drunk and pass out and it won't matter.

Optional addendum: Chase with 30mL NyQuilTM*.

Also Confirming.

*Grandicap does not endorse mixing alcohol and sleepaids

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Big Nothing posted:

i could imagine myself drinking that mess if it wasn't for the drat egg. I just can't fathom myself downing a raw egg

My nog has raw egg, but it isn't just a raw egg, it is concentrated delicious.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Why do you say gin despite using bourbon?

Ummm, I didn't use chicken noodle soup either. Read the post mod.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Opopanax posted:

##vote somber That's pretty contrived

Turning an actual vote into a joke chain vote.

##vote opop

I would also vote BN for continuing the chain of votes farther away from an actual vote.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I made a Shirley Temple Black, you see, that was her married name. No longer a virgin... Get it??? If you don't, I just added alcohol.

I used ginger ale, marischino cherries, the juice from said cherries, and vodka.

I added about a shot of vodka and some of the cherry juice\syrup to a shaker over a bunch of ice. Shook it real good, dropped some cherries in the bottom of a glass and poured the alcohol over it. Then I topped the glass with ginger-ale.

It was yummy, but too small. I should have used a bigger glass and poured it over ice to be more traditional and added more vodka, but I didn't. I also regret not using my citrus flavored rum to compensate for the lack of lemon-lime soda, but I only realized that as typing up this post.

Also, I just used the syrup from the cherries over grenadine because I like it better and it tastes pretty much the same. The only problem ends up being that I run out of syrup before cherries sometimes so they can dry out in the jar, but to combat this, just eat more cherries, problem solved.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Opopanax posted:

##vote somber That's pretty contrived

Still happy over voting Opop for this.

A recap of what happened... Opop voted me for a silly reason, a good joke vote.
Punt voted opop pretty poorly for the joke vote on me. Bad reasoning, but whatever.
Then somber voted Punt for the bad joke on opop, first quality vote of the game, found a grain of something worthwhile in a game where nothing happened, at least a starting point for content.

Then Opop comes in and votes somber going with a wordplay joke vote. It instantly stops the game from moving somewhere out of the realm of the joke and sqarely back into it, which then BN comes in and shatters any illusion serious vote and gets the goofy train back on it's laugh track.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Puntification posted:

You know this is the equivalent of role-fishing right?

Not when it is public, cherry is a bit different because there are no more to purchase, but asking about a purchased garnish would be good. Especially because most are likely 1 shot. In fact, I think not sharing information is what torpedoed town in Cookfia. Killing off people with high points, a publicly known thing, is a good strategy, regardless of what each individual garnish does.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Big Nothing posted:

Nah I'm pretty sure punt is dead

Yes, punt is dead. But by definition a stump can talk after death.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I have bought cachaça and ingredients for opop's abomination. I will be using neither of them tonight and will be instead be enjoying a nice rum and diet. Pictures eventually!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Rum and diet, I thought I had spiced rum but apparently I did not, so I used aged rum.

Lime wedge, not lime slice. I also like spinning the wedge around the rim of the glass so you get a nice coating of lime juice all the way around the rim. This gives you a nice fresh burst of lime flavor with the first sip you take. I squeeze the wedge in eventually, but then I don't have a pretty lime wedge on the side.

Super simple drink, but always hits the spot. Rum and diet is one of my go to drinks, so thanks Opop for giving me a reason to take a picture of it.

Also aren't those tiny cans of coke adorable. It is like they are made for mixed drinks. Whenever I use a regular 12oz can I have to commit to 3+ drinks, with the baby cans I can get a nice drink without committing to a night of drinking.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

So, tonight I made the Caipirinha! Side note, is the ! needed or is it just because punt was excited about it, I think it is needed so I will use it. So I bought cachaça, the smell is a bit like citrus with a bunch of alcohol. Very aromatic for an 80 proof alcohol. You can smell most definitely smell the alcohol, but the other notes are there and strong too. I had left over lime from my rum and coke.

I muddled the lime with the sugar and had sweet lime juice, and not very much of it. I am a bit scared that mixing a shot of liquor with only a small amount of lime juice, and sipping it rather than shooting it will be a bit strong. Well, onward. The other roadblock I had was that I don't have crushed ice, only cubed. So I put some cubes in a baggie and beat it against my counter until I had crushed ice. Problem solved.

I felt like the Caipirinha! was a lime-y drink and needed an umbrella, and I added a cherry too to be festive, and because I had them.

The Caipirinha! was pretty good, but it was strong like I feared. It definitely worked though, the lime mixed well with the odd liquor. I think a splash of sprite or gingerale would have made it more too my liking. And maybe some mint too. I have a whole bottle of the stuff so I can figure it out as I go.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Oh yeah, this is still mafia.

I think Big Nothing is the scum, yesterday he worked in concert with Opop to derail the hope of real voting when the joke train was about to pull away from the station.

I talked about it here:

Grandicap posted:

Still happy over voting Opop for this.

A recap of what happened... Opop voted me for a silly reason, a good joke vote.
Punt voted opop pretty poorly for the joke vote on me. Bad reasoning, but whatever.
Then somber voted Punt for the bad joke on opop, first quality vote of the game, found a grain of something worthwhile in a game where nothing happened, at least a starting point for content.

Then Opop comes in and votes somber going with a wordplay joke vote. It instantly stops the game from moving somewhere out of the realm of the joke and sqarely back into it, which then BN comes in and shatters any illusion serious vote and gets the goofy train back on it's laugh track.

Yup, that is a thing I said.

##vote BN

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Big Nothing posted:

I want to kill exakt science and yet something about his posts tell me he isn't scum

So NK him. Problem solved.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Yes.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Are we no lynching again?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

EXAKT Science posted:

Okay this is legit. Incorrect, but legit.

I disagree with you on Big Nothing as well.

This reads like rolefishing to me, not quite to the level of MMM's, but still off.

Alright, well if you've got a case, :justpost: . Otherwise, this reads like an attempt to look active while continuing to not add real content.

for now, ##vote Big Nothing

Preview Edit: Big Nothing what gives with the flip-flopping on me?

This is a bad post. Mostly the rolefishing piece. Asking about a publicly piece of info (what the bar started with) is not rolefishing. People's points are mostly public. THis isn't a traditional game, you can't treat roles as such. Sharing information is a good thing.

Scum are the informed minority, we can take some of that power away by informing ourselves. We can do that by being up front with what things do. Unless there is a reason a certain garnish would be super proscum, there is little reason not to share it.

I will vote here if deadline approaches and there is no traction on BN.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Watching netflix for a bit, I will show up before the deadline.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

So... I guess nothing has changed. That is nice.

Thanks for joining us Asiina.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

If you have a vig, use it.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

How do we feel on Grandi? I just realized I haven't thought about him at all in a while.

I feel like his initial interactions with opop were pretty good but that's seriously all I can remember.

I exist, I guess I'm still on BN, but after 2 no lynches then a turbo I wasn't part of, I have lost a bunch of interest in this game. I should probably make a drink.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Grandicap posted:

So, let's get this game started. I have been feeling under the weather recently and what better way to feel better than a hot bowl of chicken noodle soup with a shot of warm gin?

That sounds disgusting, but this is something that actually helps. Hot Apple Cider. I know this isn't anyone's actual drink, and if it is, well then I'm jumping the gun, but I am drinking it, I might as well take pictures.

I have a package of mulling spices, a granny smith apple, some bourbon and some store bought cider. If I wanted to do it right, I would have some cinnamon sticks and some all spice and have started with apple juice and mulled it myself, but who has time for that? Actually, me, but not tonight.

Tonight I just added a healthy serving of bourbon, mixed in the spices, topped off with cider and then microwaved until it was hot. Then I sliced up an apple and garnished poorly. I also added a little honey at the end to soothe my throat, but that is not pictured.

Either this will help, or I'll be drunk and pass out and it won't matter.

Optional addendum: Chase with 30mL NyQuilTM*.

Also Confirming.

*Grandicap does not endorse mixing alcohol and sleepaids

Also, hey I totally made

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Mild Mannered Mannikin's Whiskey Cider worth 30 points

Take that fire whisky you bought for Somber's drink and mix it with a can of apple cider, then if you'd like, add a different kind of whisky until it is alcoholic enough for your tastes. I believe he was referencing this: 3 oz. Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey.
By accident before, do I get credit for it or do I have to make it again?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Also Ernie might be scum, let me gather my thoughts on why.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Ernie. posted:

Two scums among:

Asiina
Big Nothing
CapitalistPig
EXAKT Science
Grandicap
Somberbrero

I'd like to take Grandicap out of the running for him picking up on Opop D1. Somber had Opop vote him D1 and now Asiina clear him D3; it would be amazing coincidence if he got a 1-shot godfather or something on the same night that Asiina investigated him, especially with the way he is being honest and talking at the top of this page.

That leaves two scums among:

Asiina
Big Nothing
CapitalistPig
EXAKT Science

If you're town and you're on this list, voting in it is a 66% chance that you'll net us scum. I'm personally leaning towards CPig and EXAKT.

Look at this post. On the surface, it looks like he is scumhunting. A good thing. But let me tell you why this is false. The first list he posts is literally everyone in the game but him. The second list he removes the person who got copped, and the person who attempted to lynch the flipped scum. That's all. He leaves 4 people out of 7 and leaves himself out for no good reason but that it is him.

He takes nothing but the exceptionally low hanging townie fruit off the table and then leaves the rest as an exercise for the reader. How is this remotely helpful? It isn't, it is Ernie trying to make himself look helpful and focus people on the list of truth while the scum hides off list in Ernie's own soul.

##vote Ernie.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Ernie. posted:

Hmm maybe it is grandicap after all.

Ernie. posted:

I mean that is an especially bad post and all it does is sow more doubt in a game that's already divided. The only reason it gives me pause is because grandi said he didnt feel like scumhunting. That's a little thick of an act.

Ok, how am I the only one who sees this? After I case him, he immediatly tries to flip the script and say it makes me scum. He follows it up with a "defense" of don't vote me because there are already enough candidates...

What? Why would there being other people on the block be a good reason to not put up any new candidates. What is it exactly that Ernie has done that makes everyone think he is town?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Ernie. posted:

It's not me but I also feel like whoever the scum is they've played well. I wouldn't trick Punt to give me free points if I were scum. :(

I'm fairly certain it's BN at this point. Somber has everything going for him, EXAKT would've probably killed me yesterday night and sounds honest today, Grandi and BN are left, and I feel of these two, BN is significantly more likely to be scum.

##vote Big Nothing

Why would EXACT have killed you? I am so confused by this post. You are clearing people left and right for no good reason and using bad process of elimination. I don't understand you reasoning, I don't understand why other people think you have played such a good game that if you are scum you deserve the win. I just don't understand.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I am going to bed:( Somber or Exact, please let me know why you think ernie deserves to win based on his performance. What performance?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I have a party tonight so I am going to post my terrible drink, drop a vote and leave. Let's start with the terrible drink. It is my tribute to Opop, the Vomitting Jacob. The smoothie idea was just too abhorrant to me so I decided to go with a chilled, shaken cocktail instead. Here is most of the ingredients I would use, but improvization was required so it is not the complete list.

As you can see, I went with burbon as it obviously goes the best with an abomination out of all of the liquors. I used Pork Side Meat rather than bacon because I wanted too, and the thicker slices looked like they would be easier to candy. I was wrong on that front. I never actually used the brown sugar pictured here because white sugar turned out to be easier.

I started off my slicing the banana into strips and then candied it.

The basic steps here are cut with a mandolin, cover in sugar, then take a brulee torch and set them on fire.

Then I did the same to the bacon.

Look how thick it is.

Ok, then I diced some of the remaining bacon, added to some chicken stock, some bourbon and some hot sauce. I microwaved the mixture to let it infuse and let it sit a while too.

Then I shook well with ice.

Now I needed to get the peanuts in somehow. So I diced some up and tried to rim the glass with them... They didn't stick, so I put some peanut butter on the rim and them rimmed the glass with them and it worked, mostly.

Now to bring everything together. I poured the monstrosity in, added the garnishes and ended up with this.

So the bananas didn't nearly hold up as well as I had hoped when candied so they drooped a bit, but otherwise, it looks... still awful. Well let's give it a shot.

I did try it, and I did finish the garnish at least, but let's just say that I won't be making this again. This is what is left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Oh hey, BN is at -1. I have two quality options. Somber is not voting so I can vote EXAKT and leave it in Somber's capable hands... OR I can vote BN and end the day.

BN it is :)

##vote Big Nothing

• Locked thread