Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

ggs Maple Leaf, KingofSprings loses 0-2.

You're up, Reksi.

efb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
I almost made a huge mistake.

I won 3-2. Video coming soon.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Maple Leaf advances 2-3

You're up Reksi

Reksi
Sep 26, 2007

I opened a room and I am waiting for you, Maple Leaf (I am T)

_Endgame_
Jun 19, 2010

NERF THIS!
Reksi is a powerful opponent and I wish him luck in his final. Having fought all 3 now and not getting entirely destroyed I am now hungry for the next tournament...which hopefully is in the span of 3-6 hours and not oh do it whenever so stuff doesn't come up.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i am sure the next tournament will be closer to more conventional tournament rules, but i humbly request that new super mario bros and gamer are both legal as stages. thank you.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

mabels big day posted:

i am sure the next tournament will be closer to more conventional tournament rules, but i humbly request that new super mario bros and gamer are both legal as stages. thank you.

I second New Super Mario Bros

Reksi
Sep 26, 2007

The 2-3 reset!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

There is some pants-making GBS threads smash action going on tonight.

Reksi
Sep 26, 2007

I died sorry

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

I won the first set 3-2, then I won the second set 3-1. Videos coming soon. There's a new face of evil in town.

GGs Reksi. The matches got a whole lot easier once I learned the timing to tech Flame Choke.

Reksi
Sep 26, 2007

Maple Leaf posted:

I won the first set 3-2, then I won the second set 3-1. There's a new face of evil in town.

GGs Reksi. The matches got a whole lot easier once I learned the timing to tech Flame Choke.

GGs! Dog is painful D:

Reksi
Sep 26, 2007

I'm so glad it's finally over. Big thanks to MBD and LanceKing for organizing this shindig

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Reksi won in my heart. I am not biased.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Maple Leaf posted:

I won the first set 3-2, then I won the second set 3-1. Videos coming soon. There's a new face of evil in town.

Congratulations.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Reksi, when you're hit into the blastzone, try not to use Wizkick out of hitstun. Using any special out of hitstun pushes you back slightly specifically so you can't try to cheat death by using your recovery immediately. If you watch the replays when I upload them, you were in the animation for the attack but you died anyway, and that would be why. Try to precede your Wizkick with a double jump first.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Figures it ends when I'm at dinner, haha.

CONGRATS MAPLE LEAF

The final standings: http://challonge.com/impzonewiiu/standings

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

A respectable 25th place/

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Congratulations to everyone who won the tournament

_Endgame_
Jun 19, 2010

NERF THIS!

LanceKing2200 posted:

Figures it ends when I'm at dinner, haha.

CONGRATS MAPLE LEAF

The final standings: http://challonge.com/impzonewiiu/standings

My only shame is that I can't add it to my other challonge brackets.

Lon Lon Rabbit
Mar 27, 2006
Here comes a special boy!
Congratulations reksi and endgame, the two people I lost to, for tying for first.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Well done to sharrrk, codenameFangio, and Maple Leaf

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Aston posted:

Thank you.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Aston posted:

thank you

Reksi
Sep 26, 2007

Maple Leaf posted:

Reksi, when you're hit into the blastzone, try not to use Wizkick out of hitstun. Using any special out of hitstun pushes you back slightly specifically so you can't try to cheat death by using your recovery immediately. If you watch the replays when I upload them, you were in the animation for the attack but you died anyway, and that would be why. Try to precede your Wizkick with a double jump first.
Good to know

Aston posted:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Aston posted:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
There is some honor in being knocked out by the person who would go on to win the tournament.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
wait I just realized I never played codename fangio my mistake.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i really enjoy fighting reksi's ganondorf. when the only character i had a chance against it with was my DK i knew it was something special

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

VIDEOS:

Maple Leaf vs Endgame: http://youtu.be/PGZ3FcPK3-M
Maple Leaf vs TheKingofSprings LOSER'S FINALS: http://youtu.be/iDgTsiQWFLk
Maple Leaf vs Reksi GRAND FINALS 1: http://youtu.be/N_NKHX8-J9o
Maple Leaf vs Reksi GRAND FINALS 2: http://youtu.be/CT4xyhhX0Jc

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

This thread will be locked at midnight.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
loving finally, Jesus.

GGs everyone

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
:gas:

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Ah, hello SlenderHornets1994, it looks like we're to engage in a round of pugilism online via the Nintendo Network. Mayhap you'll venture to your Wii U Gamepad and accept my request for your friendship so that we may partake in a competitive, yet fair round of Super Smash Brothers for Wii U?

I am available to play tomorrow morning after 9 AM, as my mom will be leaving the house to buy me a new set of diapers (mine are full right now >_<).

lol one more time at this,

lol, ok topic locked

• Locked thread