Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's nothing worse than when you hear your ring/message tones on TV, so yeah, gently caress that angle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Smoking Crow posted:

So will the anonymous GM end up being Vince

I would love it if Vince came back

Vince McMahon can't type, he can't even dial a phone!!!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

HulkaMatt posted:

Vince McMahon can't type, he can't even dial a phone!!!

Not true! I found a photo of Vince earlier this year taking a selfie in a hotel bathroom mirror.

With a Blackberry.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Totally excited for the Anonymous Raw GM, and also for The New Day.

Also bringing back my old Text Tone for the week in celebration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbOXYHtgbd8

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Angular Landbury posted:

There is no possible way that they would make it a heel group right off the bat. Maybe somewhere down the line but no loving way right now.

Really? Because the promos videos made me absolutely certain they were going to be a heel group, mixing Bo Dallas with old Reverend D-Von.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

looking back brock lesnar should have had a match with shawn michaels.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Gonz posted:

Not true! I found a photo of Vince earlier this year taking a selfie in a hotel bathroom mirror.

With a Blackberry.

What a handsome man.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

John Cena posted:

looking back brock lesnar should have had a match with shawn michaels.

During the HHH feud. Yes. He would have been destroyed for 10 minutes and the eventual SCM would have been the greatest.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

There are so many people who should have matches with Brock Lesnar but it's a shame that he's only fighting Cena.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

DarkstarIV posted:

God, I hope we keep going through GMs. After the anonymous RAW GM, bring back Bischoff. And then Mike Adamle.

This actually is what's happening. The laptop won't be back for more than a week.

It's really dumb that they lost faith in Ryback after the crowd was a bit quiet for a longer, more competitive match between him and Cesaro, who they've booked into the ground. It's not Ryback's fault the fans didn't give a poo poo.

El Generico fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Nov 25, 2014

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
IIRC having an anonymous GM who only communicated via email made sense the first time because all the other GMs kept getting beaten up, intimidated (by the Nexus, I think?) or were basically terrible. If the gimmick is only returning for one week I guess it's OK, but at least last time there was a storyline reason for its existence.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I hope it's JR

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Do the Monty Python bit where everyone on the roster is the GM for a week. Do you see the violence inherent in the system?

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
I really hope Harpers :stare: "Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" thing becomes a thing.

Also AJ Lee cut quite a funny little promo on her way to the ring this raw.

And lastly they better keep Consessions Kane as a long running gag I was cracking up, they need to give him a little hat aswell

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Smoking Crow posted:

So will the anonymous GM end up being Vince

I would love it if Vince came back

Vince doesn't think old people should be on television. It's a drat shame, because Vince rules.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VoLaTiLe posted:

I really hope Harpers :stare: "Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" thing becomes a thing.

It already is, Harper has been going YEAH YEAH YEAHHHH YEAHHHHHH since NXT.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
So I hear Dolph Ziggler's finally getting pushed again?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Luke Harper is a cool big guy who does really cool power moves. I wish he'd get a finisher that wasn't the discus clothesline though. His boot and sit out powerbomb would work perfectly for him.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

Fibby Boy posted:

Luke Harper is a cool big guy who does really cool power moves. I wish he'd get a finisher that wasn't the discus clothesline though. His boot and sit out powerbomb would work perfectly for him.

he occasionally pulls out the Michinoku driver, and that would be an amazing finisher.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
It'll go on too long and it'll be Hornswoggle again.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Fibby Boy posted:

He always seemed like a good candidate for a Chokebreaker.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Rarity posted:

So I hear Dolph Ziggler's finally getting pushed again?

Until he finds the Twitter app on his phone again, yeah.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Catching up on Raw this morning:
gently caress that opening slog
gently caress Larry The Cable Guy
gently caress AJ Lee
gently caress The Bunny
gently caress Sting texting Michael Cole from the rafters or whatever bullshit this is now
Yay Erick Rowan taking Summer Rae's moveset, apparently

omgomgomg
Oct 26, 2012

is the bunny a battered housewife gimmick?

edit: to elaborate: because its been like, a month, since hes been getting beat up by Adam Rose (who appears to be in withdrawal)

omgomgomg fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Nov 25, 2014

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

omgomgomg posted:

is the bunny a battered housewife gimmick?

The bunny is "hahaha it's a man in a bunny costume how wacky hahaha he's not cooperating that's hilarious".

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
He also dances and does hip thrusts, it's really funny.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

personally, and i may be alone here, i don't find it very funny at all

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i hope the anonymous gm's laptop gets beat up again and it somehow gains sentience and begs michael cole to save it

again

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

where's the raw thread

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
So they brought back the Anonymous GM because they have no idea where to go with their storylines now right?

Did they even go anywhere with the Sting angle? I kinda fast forwarded through Raw this morning so I might have missed it.

I will say that AJ's line of "talent isn't sexually transmitted" was great.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Memento posted:

Vince doesn't think old people should be on television. It's a drat shame, because Vince rules.

Yet he put Brisco & Patterson, and Moolah & Mae Young on TV every week during the Attitude era.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

El Generico posted:

It's really dumb that they lost faith in Ryback after the crowd was a bit quiet for a longer, more competitive match between him and Cesaro, who they've booked into the ground. It's not Ryback's fault the fans didn't give a poo poo.

The sheer depth of the power players' mental dissonance backstage never ceases to amaze me.

"Huh, crowd sat on its hands for this one match. Screw Ryback vs HHH, let's drag out Sting and have Ryback be eliminated first at Survivor Series! That'll show him. Who was he fighting?"

"Cesaro."

"Should we punish him too?"

"Why bother? We decided to do it arbitrarily anyway."

Really, Cesaro BAFFLES me. They give him the Wrestlemania moment, then they pair him with Heyman and seemingly go out of their way to bury him, and it works. As far as I know, he didn't even do anything dumb like tweet stuff (he said some stuff about Orton and Cena but that was months later). Did they honestly go out of his way to smother his heat just because Vince thinks he had a funny accent?

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Cornwind Evil posted:

Really, Cesaro BAFFLES me. They give him the Wrestlemania moment, then they pair him with Heyman and seemingly go out of their way to bury him, and it works. As far as I know, he didn't even do anything dumb like tweet stuff (he said some stuff about Orton and Cena but that was months later). Did they honestly go out of his way to smother his heat just because Vince thinks he had a funny accent?

It was literally because of the Cena/Orton thing.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Orgophlax posted:

It was literally because of the Cena/Orton thing.

No, Meltz said the company viewed those comments in a different context IIRC.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

So is the implication that Ryback would have been the one to go 3-0?

Also where is the Raw thread :argh:

oh it says Nitro got it. Onaccounta Sting.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

I take back every bad thing I said about Larry the cable guy.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Larry did surprisingly well, and I think it's because he seems like a fan of wrestling and he's actually funny and doesn't have to stick to a script. My favorite moment was when he was on commentary and talking about how much a move would hurt him and the other three mooks just kept making bunny puns. You could almost hear Larry's disgust in the silence.

omgomgomg
Oct 26, 2012

Cornwind Evil posted:

dont forget jobbing him out ever since he got the US title and giving him a yodeling gimmick and lovely entrance music.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

So they brought back the Anonymous GM because they have no idea where to go with their storylines now right?

Yes. Dave said on the podcast today that he was told that there 'wouldn't be a replacement GM' and this was probably a last-minute rewrite. I would be really surprised if they have the slightest idea where this is going. Again.

Spikeguy posted:

Larry...he's actually funny

He made the bunny look like Richard Pryor. gently caress him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

flashy_mcflash posted:

Yes. Dave said on the podcast today that he was told that there 'wouldn't be a replacement GM' and this was probably a last-minute rewrite. I would be really surprised if they have the slightest idea where this is going. Again.

WWE really drives me crazy. They get everyone buzzing and talking about the finish to their PPV, and then they give us that lovely Raw.

• Locked thread