Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

triplexpac posted:

I will say that AJ's line of "talent isn't sexually transmitted" was great.

It would have been a much better line if she weren't married to a great wrestler who she clearly takes tips from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

mkay0 posted:

It would have been a much better line if she weren't married to a great wrestler who she clearly takes tips from.

Crabbiness might be sexually transmitted!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

mkay0 posted:

Does she? She was pretty good before they were ever attached and I don't see nearly as much CM Punk in her moveset as I do Bryan in Brie's or Cena's in Nikki's.

Cultlife
Jan 1, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Does she? She was pretty good before they were ever attached and I don't see nearly as much CM Punk in her moveset as I do Bryan in Brie's or Cena's in Nikki's.

Not so much the move set, but some of her recent promos have sounded just like Punk in phrasing, rhythm and intonation.

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

I missed raw was big show on at all?

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

If you guys think that Raw was bad I don't know to tell you. I enjoyed it more than any Raw in at least a month or two. Also, Anonymous Raw GM is the best GM :colbert:

Taste the Rainbugh posted:

Yeah, he did the whole "I'm a heel for actually perfectly valid reasons" thing.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 9 days!)

Taste the Rainbugh posted:

Yeah he did a promo that was basically "guys i'm not a heel i was doing what's right for my FAMILY" and then Rowan came out and called him a bully and kicked him and Show stomped away.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Cultlife posted:

Not so much the move set, but some of her recent promos have sounded just like Punk in phrasing, rhythm and intonation.

I don't know if I see that either - I think it's just because the content is similar to something they'd write for Punk.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

Cultlife posted:

I think that's more a result of WWE promo style changing post-pipebomb promo, and AJs gimmick is basically female CM Punk.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Sir Jebus posted:

If you guys think that Raw was bad I don't know to tell you. I enjoyed it more than any Raw in at least a month or two. Also, Anonymous Raw GM is the best GM :colbert:

Was there one good match on the show? Nothing really stood out to me. It just felt like they were treading water in the worst way, which isn't a good feeling to have on a post-PPV Raw.

Remember when the first Raw after a PPV would be anticipated because they would set up all the new programs going forward? They used to be my favourite ones, all the exciting stuff would happen then the next few weeks would be more predictable.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

triplexpac posted:

Was there one good match on the show? Nothing really stood out to me. It just felt like they were treading water in the worst way, which isn't a good feeling to have on a post-PPV Raw.

Remember when the first Raw after a PPV would be anticipated because they would set up all the new programs going forward? They used to be my favourite ones, all the exciting stuff would happen then the next few weeks would be more predictable.

Don't know about matches, but the whole bit at the start with Triple H, Steph, D Bry and co was great. The Larry the cable guy stuff was funny. The Rusev bit was great. THe divas match was alright. I havent seen it yet but the main event looks good too

Oh yeah The Ryback backstage bit was great

Valeyard fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Nov 25, 2014

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

triplexpac posted:

Harper and Ambrose was good, the tag match was alright and had a pretty good finish I thought, Fandangos match was at the least a look at his new character, and the main event was fun. There were some good promos, and they even managed to make CONCESSION KANE not horrible. Even Larry the cable guy was good.

They built up Bray/Ambrose a bit more, and Rowan and Big Show, and finished with a tease for an angle next week. I really don't see the problem with this Raw at all.

Sushipants
Sep 8, 2010
Just wanted to say I love the tiny Sandow face hiding behind Miz in the OP.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Spikeguy posted:

Larry did surprisingly well, and I think it's because he seems like a fan of wrestling and he's actually funny and doesn't have to stick to a script. My favorite moment was when he was on commentary and talking about how much a move would hurt him and the other three mooks just kept making bunny puns. You could almost hear Larry's disgust in the silence.
I like that we live in a world where the addition of Larry the Cable Guy would improve the commentary.

ScottyBomb
Oct 24, 2005

Cthulhu loves me, this I know, for ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!!
Well, if this is the post-Authority WWE, then count me as missing the Authority already.

Unless that's the point! Maybe this is all a sinister plan to bring back ALL the annoying angles and terrible booking decisions until Cena is BEGGING Triple H and Steph to come back and fix it.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I wonder if they're just going to ignore the fact that last time they did the laptop GM thing it was Hornswoggle.

I assume they will because it was totally stupid, but I wish they wouldn't bring it up again and expect us to forget how stupid it was.

Maybe it was just a one-week cliffhanger thing and they're not actually going to run with this deja-vu storyline.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Endorph posted:

I like that we live in a world where the addition of Larry the Cable Guy would improve the commentary.
I don't know anything about Larry really but it doesn't surprise me that a veteran stand-up comedian, even a total hack, is good at coming up with funny quips compared to two ex-wrestlers and a journalist

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

triplexpac posted:

I wonder if they're just going to ignore the fact that last time they did the laptop GM thing it was Hornswoggle.

I assume they will because it was totally stupid, but I wish they wouldn't bring it up again and expect us to forget how stupid it was.

Maybe it was just a one-week cliffhanger thing and they're not actually going to run with this deja-vu storyline.

They literally ignored Daniel Bryan even had a wife last night, despite that being a major part of his storyline before getting injured.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
You know if they continue with having a new GM in charge every week, they have a good opportunity to make Regal GM on the week they are doing NXT Takeover Our Evolution, by having NXT "Takeover" Raw and have matches with NXT and WWE talent. Probably won't though.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Daniel Bryan posted:

They literally ignored Daniel Bryan even had a wife last night, despite that being a major part of his storyline before getting injured.

He doesn't recognize her when she's in briieEEEeee mooOoOoode.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Part me hopes that this Bellas vs AJ thing is leading to Kaitlyn coming back to be the Nikki to AJ's Brie, but then the rest of me knows that won't happen at all.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

triplexpac posted:

I will say that AJ's line of "talent isn't sexually transmitted" was great.

It was a terrible line because both Brie and Nikki have noticeably improved in the ring.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

It was a terrible line because both Brie and Nikki have noticeably improved in the ring.

I mean that's not really saying much

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Daniel Bryan posted:

"Talent isn't sexually transmitted"

Plus it's harder to have Bryan and Brie interact, when Bryan is very much a super face, and Brie is seemingly working heel.

Codependent Poster posted:

Kayfabe != Reality

SpaceWolfPurrp posted:

It actually is, Nikki getting a power moveset has been a revelation, she is actually pretty great in the ring now, she's probably top of the second tier of women wrestlers in the company, nowhere near Paige, AJ, Charlotte, Sasha Banks but can still put on a solid 3-4 minute match. Brie is still the weaker link, but she's still solid, and not atrocious anymore.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Nov 25, 2014

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

omgomgomg posted:

is the bunny a battered housewife gimmick?

edit: to elaborate: because its been like, a month, since hes been getting beat up by Adam Rose (who appears to be in withdrawal)

The Exotic Express is being turned into Raven's Flock 2.0 with the Bunny playing the role of Perry Saturn.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
I honestly don't understand the mindset of the people saying that Raw was lovely / bad /whatever. Yeah, different opinions and "good" is subjective and all that jazz, but I really can't see how that was a bad Raw. There have been some bad, boring, lovely Raws and that was not one of them.

It was a fun night of heels getting their comeuppance. All the matches ranged from decent to good, all the promos were spot on, and none of the sketches were stinkers. Even Larry the loving Cable Guy didn't ruin it! That's a small miracle right there! There was even a good cliffhanger for next week. Sure next week may suck, but this week was good and fun and you won't lose your smark card for enjoying it.

A wise, greasy man once said, "Have fun watching wrestling because wrestling is fun." And I agree with that handsome hobo.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
My god, that ending had me cracking up. Long live the Raw Anonymous GM!

SpaceWolfPurrp posted:

Go watch their title matches when each of them first held the Divas championship. They were horrible matches, and they have improved a lot.

Daniel Bryan posted:

Brie is a heel now, and it would not make much sense to put her with DB right after she turned.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Astro7x posted:

Brie is a heel now, and it would not make much sense to put her with DB right after she turned.

Her being randomly heel makes the least sense. I hate that WWE has forgotten how or is to lazy to do a heel/face turn that consists of something more substantial than 'I'm a heel now please don't ask any questions about it'

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Neither Bella has mastered the art of "running at your opponent without making it look like you're only doing it because they're about to hit you", however.

I can kind of see Heel Brie making sense right now if the story is "I'm 2 days from being free of my slaver and now she just won the belt I want and I've been gradually poisoning her smoothies", but otherwise it's a little absurd.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Astro7x posted:

I wish I hadn't deleted my DVR of Raw. I'm pretty sure I heard the crowd do a collective groan at the Anonymous Raw GM email chime.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

Astro7x posted:

I literally sat up and started applauding the screen. That email alert is the number 1 heel in WWE, forever.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

every 3 hour raw is a bad raw.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Phenix Rising posted:

Part me hopes that this Bellas vs AJ thing is leading to Kaitlyn coming back to be the Nikki to AJ's Brie, but then the rest of me knows that won't happen at all.
She would come out to not Spin the Bottle, though. :(

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Sir Jebus posted:

I literally sat up and started applauding the screen. That email alert is the number 1 heel in WWE, forever.

I did the same thing. It's gonna get real old real fast but for a week or two it's a pretty effective throwback.

Edit: It can't have been that much of l last-minute decision to bring the anonymous GM back last night because they had the podium set up and everything and there's no way that's been traveling with the production truck unused for years. Surprised the crowd didn't notice that being set-up during the main event though. It's not like it could have been well-hidden unless I missed something.

Referee fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Nov 25, 2014

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Seriously, people complained about The Authority never getting comeuppance. From the end of the SS main event to the end of Raw, every heel involved got their comeuppance. Three straight hours of heels eating poo poo, and it owned.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I liked Raw, but three hours is hard to watch straight. Thankfully I had Dragon Age Inquisition to help me muscle through.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

IllegallySober posted:

I did the same thing. It's gonna get real old real fast but for a week or two it's a pretty effective throwback.

Edit: It can't have been that much of l last-minute decision to bring the anonymous GM back last night because they had the podium set up and everything and there's no way that's been traveling with the production truck unused for years. Surprised the crowd didn't notice that being set-up during the main event though. It's not like it could have been well-hidden unless I missed something.

They probably did it it when Cena and Ziggler did their finishers. There's a pause where Dolph kind of looked off to the side, and its the only time that no one was really paying attention to that spot on the ringside.

I checked my DVR and the last time the spot where the stand was in frame was at about 2:59 on my recording, and you can see it just behind a camera guy, when Bryan is heading into the ring with Rollins with Ziggler and Cena 2-3 minutes later.

Well done production team, well done.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Adam Rose's current gimmick is a fascinati blend of cult leader of a party bus and growing disdain for his own gimmick. It's super weird and surprisingly compelling for me.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Dimebags Brain posted:

Adam Rose's current gimmick is a fascinati blend of cult leader of a party bus and growing disdain for his own gimmick. It's super weird and surprisingly compelling for me.

Yeah it's weird but I think the Adam Rose storyline is the most interesting thing in the WWE to me right now. It's oddly subtle, like Rose just standing there reaching for the tag for way too long after the match is over. And Rose's posse, including the bunny, just sticking with him even though he's falling apart. Such a weird storyline.

Edit: I was pretty bewildered by the Rusev segment. Like I know he's not a face, but as a not-American I wasn't sure how to feel about them bullying him with SAY THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE drat IT OR ELSE WE'LL BEAT YOU UP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I would be happy with Larry the Cable GM

• Locked thread