Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Macaluso posted:

I think that Seaworld parody thing looks pretty great? :confused: I don't think an animatronic would've pulled that off somehow better.

Of course it looks good. Using an animatronic sea monster to jump out of the water like that would be a terrible idea with CG available. It would look awful and there's no way a mega budget modern film would use animatronics in that way. Very predictable that the CG vs. practical effects complaints have started already though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Vaall posted:

Judging from the trailer it seems like this franchise is about to go full retard. A "genetically-hybrid-super-killer-dinosaur" and a squad of raptors apparently helping humans to hunt it down and kill it? Are you loving kidding me?

And why wouldn't you be able to train a raptor?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

electricsugar posted:

Trailer looks poo poo.

Movie will be poo poo.

This post is poo poo.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Electromax posted:

Lol

"Actually if they wanted the best ROI on dinosaurs they should only produce stegosaurs because the protein feed/weight ratio exceeds..."

You think a giant chameleon dino would make kids turn up their noses?

Yeah... and opposable thumbs? pfffff no thank you Jurassic World. I'll stick to Universal studios thank you very much.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Senor Tron posted:

A chameleon dinosaur would be cool. Imagine it's lying in some bushes in its enclosure, and there is a bit of a callback to the first movie and the way most of the animals couldn't be seen on the tour. Then it's feeding time and leaps forward, seemingly out of nowhere, ccausing adults in the viewing area to jump back while the kids just stand there in open mouthed wonder.

No you don't understand. Kids just wouldn't be interested in a massive dinosaur that can camouflage itself. A huge monster with cool special abilities which allow it to hunt and kill its prey in spectacular fashion makes absolutely no sense from a tourism perspective!

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Clearly she should stay immaculate in appearance even during a dinosaur apocalypse. Stop perpetuating impossible and unfair beauty standards for women.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

achillesforever6 posted:

He's the worst and the reason that everyone gets hosed in the first place.

Yeah but you realize everyone has to get hosed for there to be a movie.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Mr. Flunchy posted:

I think the problem with Roland Tembo is that Spielberg is clearly in love with this pulpy, over the top great white hunter archetype but at the same time politically opposed to everything he stands for. So Roland's kind of got to be the bad guy but is secretly really honourable and basically likeable. Kinda.

Spielberg is trying to have his cake and eat it and it doesn't work.

Sure it does. He's a cool character.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

ozza posted:

It doesn't matter in the slightest whether she's biologically his daughter or not. In fact, I bet SMG can weave that theme into his/her analysis.

The actual content of a film is entirely irrelevant to SMG's analysis.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Wait, I thought people were talking about the line in JP1 where he says he's always "on the lookout for a future ex-Mrs. Malcolm."

The line in Lost World is "you like to have kids, you just don’t want to be with them, do you?"

That's "have", not "make". Kelly is talking about how Malcolm thinks she's already perfect, amazing, and inspirational - so, in his view, she doesn't need guidance. She's not talking about how much her dad likes to gently caress. The character is twelve years old.

Good lord. She's talking about how he, her biological father, is not around that much. There is nothing in the movie to even imply that she's adopted, and plenty of evidence that she is his daughter, which is what anyone would naturally assume anyway, given the lack of evidence to the contrary.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

A character in the film comments on how there's zero family resemblance. Because she's black and he's Jeff Goldblum.

Do you really not know how genetics works or it this is just some kind of weird joke. Also her comment is in response to his bullshit explanation about why he's not around her much. Also "have kids" generally refers to biologically having kids unless specified otherwise. Carry on twisting the text of the film to fit your fascinating reading though.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
The T-rex somehow escaping from the boat is the same as the scene where a cliff suddenly appears next to the T-rex enclosure, in that neither inconsistancy bothers me in the slightest.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Looke posted:

"Rehehehehehehhehhehheaaallyyyyyy... That's probably a bad idea..."

do NOT go in there

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
71% on rotten tomatoes is about 4 times as high as what i'd expected so i'm sure this will be a good time at the cinema.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
My review of Jurassic World: A cool and good movie about dinosaurs which I enjoyed.

• Locked thread