Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
gently caress the haters, Raptor Bros all the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

nurabsal posted:

Well, the human characters come across like stick-figures in a dino-diorama but I bet at least one of those raptors has a bitching 'tude and a mohawk.

Chris Pratt will play fetch with one of them. If he doesn't I will be mad.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Let's just establish right now what the second and third movies were really missing. The real reason they suck compared to the first Jurassic Park.

They neither had a character as awesome as Robert Muldoon nor a death scene as bad rear end as his:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO5wryDdEI0

Jurassic World might be on the right track with Pratt"s character, but they need a truly bad rear end death scene with equally quotable final words.

Jurassic World needs a "Clever Girl".

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

zVxTeflon posted:

I hope a raptor jumps a motorcycle off a ramp and high-fives a T-rex in mid air as they tag team super dino

This, but sincerely.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Macaluso posted:

I can't imagine it'll fly. Unless they, while making hybrid dinosaurs, literally made a dragon, which I would be like "uh" then "hmm" and then "yes good".

The overhead camera angle made me think that the pterodactyls get out (maybe the poster's idea about the new dinosaurs wrecking the other dinosaur areas releases them?). There's also the shot of the kid hiding in terror at what I imagine is a raptor, but that could be another trailer misdirection and and that could be one of Pratt's hunting dog raptors. He'll burst in and start licking the kid's face and then Chris Pratt comes in and is like "he likes you"

I did see a leaked clip that showed Pratt jumping between the kid from the beginning of the trailer and a couple of raptors who sorta did the "ERwAHH? Master say stop" look that dogs do when he put up his hands in a "Hold on now guys" motion. So I'm pretty sure those Raptors are going to be at least vaguely domesticated.

Crain fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Nov 26, 2014

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

I hope the reveal of the hybrid ends up being the most dangerous predator of all: man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4RuB3gT8t0&t=11s

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Darko posted:

2 makes fun of 1 and parts of it (and the dumb book), just like Gremlins 2 does the same with 1. It doesn't "poo poo" on it, it just makes light of certain things, and puts a self aware audience member (Malcom) in the center of the film.

3, I don't know what the hell 3 is, and the pacing/buildup is as bad as good as the other two are.

JP3 is a bad Horror Movie where instead of Jason and Freddy you have Spinofucker and raptor chodes. JP3 had like no point to it other than "Look here's Sam Niel again! Look Dinos! Now run and be scared like the first one!"

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Vaall posted:

Are you loving kidding me?

No. It is a good thing.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Everything in this trailer just seemed tremendously uninspired to me, from the quality of the CGI to all I've come to know of the plot.

It's trailer CGI, they almost always suck in the first trailer since they're still working on post.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Millions of advertising dollars spent, big Thanksgiving Day reveal just to let folks know hey, this lovely-looking movie exists. Keep it on your radar.

You either have an amazing eye or are really analyzing the trailer because it looks fine, especially when it's going to be seen out of the corner of someones eye during Dinner or in the haze of a food coma between football games.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Guys, calm down. Remember: Raptor Squad!

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

^^Pratt being grown up Tim would be loving awesome.

So I just went back and watched JP1. It really, really holds up well. I know everyone here says that, but really go back and watch it and try to pic out the bad parts.

The only two things that I could find are forgivable.

1) The first wide angle dino scene with the brachiosaurus. It's the only CGI shot that's really apparant, probably because it was shot in broad daylight and they didn't quite have the tech down to balance the light on it.

2) Making the raptors a little "too intelligent". Yeah they're supposed to be smart but it was a little too much with the "unless they learn to open doors" bit. Still fun though.

I really hope that they're going to focus on first movie more than any other. With a functional park it seems likely at least.

One other thing though, that now bothers me, is the choice to bring back BD Wong as Henry Wu. The man had all of 10 lines of dialogue in the first film and was there for like 1 min. He was just in the raptor birthing scene. I don't remember if he was mentioned or was in the other two films, but it seems like a weird choice born more of "We couldn't get any other actor to reprise their role" than anything else.

I know he's a big(ger) deal in the actual books so hopefully we get to see some book plot lines come out with his character this time around. Even if it is 2 movies late.

Crain fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Dec 2, 2014

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

LesterGroans posted:

I thought this looked fine. The only really noticeably bad CGI shot is the gallimimus stampede. Even that's surprisingly good for 20 years ago.

To me it looks like the dino is sorta popping out. Like it's laid onto the frame instead of in the shot. But you really have to be looking for it so it's not a real minus.

poo poo when I saw JP as a kid I was like "gently caress it, dinos is real."

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Reshoot the movie to be 90 minutes of Chris Pratt and the Raptor pack palling around.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Macaluso posted:

Yo that shot of Chris Pratt in the pen training the raptors was awesome gently caress you guys

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I'm still hoping they sneak a Malcolm reference in somewhere.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Anyone figure out how long the Cam videos are? Like when do they start looping.

Hopefully the feed starts to show little things going wrong as we get closer to the release.

Edit: Well the pooper scooper cam is only like maybe a minute long.

Edit2: Yeah none of them are very long.

Crain fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Feb 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Muldoon better show the gently caress up in JW lookin like Hiccup's mom in HTTYD 2.

• Locked thread