Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I hope they don't show the T-Rex in any of the trailers. I want to see it in the theater, and be seven again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Veks posted:

To the people thinking that the movie will all be CGIs, they've already shown models of some stuff, including the raptors:

Liking that green!

Green tested well with key demographics. Genetic engineers made the change over lunch. Also made them obedient to motorcycle riding bad asses.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Doflamingo posted:

Jeff Goldblum made love to a velociraptor and Chris Pratt is the result! It all makes sense now.

He couldn't resist looking up their skirts.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I thought each death in the Jurassic Park movie was handled perfectly until we see Sam Jackson's severed hand. The whole scene feels like something in a haunted house. Maybe that's intentional?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I like that the dinosaur movie thread evolved into the bird movie thread.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Jurassic Park: Rampage Edition on Genesis was pretty fun side-scroller type game. Operation Genesis on PC and The Lost World arcade game, are probably the only other two JP games I'd recommend.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Xenomrph posted:

This thread is getting kinda heated, I think people need to chillax and hug a dinosaur or something.

That's me seeing Jurassic Park for the first time.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Velociraptors capable of opening doors, and being constantly described as highly intelligent animals, are being shown as having some sort of relationship with one of its handlers? Why not? The raptors are smart enough to know they can't escape, they probably tested all the fences for the past twenty two years. Killing Chris Pratt isn't worth pissing off the other humans that are more than willing to lower whole cows in daily.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

MrYenko posted:

All of this, however, if I was a raptor handler, and they went into flat-out attack postures like is depicted in the trailer, I'd be doing a little more than holding my hands out and making eye contact. :v:

I heard somewhere that he's breaking up an in-progress Raptor attack in that scene, which makes a bit more sense. However, I would imagine that the preferred method of doing that would involve cattle prods, at the very least. :black101:

He says something to the effect "If you shoot them they'll never trust me again!"

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Wade Wilson posted:

Original Jurassic Park was in theaters again some time last year, it was kind of a big deal when it was done because it was 3D post-processing like what they did with Top Gun (happened around the same time, too).

And the 3D was good! Brought me back to being a seven year old that saw the movie six times in the summer of '93. The sixth time I was finally brave enough not to cover my eyes when the raptor attacked Muldoon.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

My parents told me I could pick out one toy to have as an early 8th birthday present. They laughed so hard at seeing me come down the aisle, barely holding onto the JP Command Center box, they bought it for me. Used that for a battle arena when my T-Rex would fight my neighbors Utahraptor. Commando Nedry met many gruesome deaths at the hands of children and their legion of carnivorous dinosaurs.

Just bought my midnight ticket, and am seriously debating wearing either the JP or JW Park Ranger badges I snagged from a recent comic convention because I have no shame.

EDIT: Just wanted to mention how aesthetically pleasing it is to see "JP". Those are some good initials.

Open Marriage Night fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jun 9, 2015

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Movie was great fun. It wasn't perfect like the original, but nothing really is.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

My mom saw Jurassic Park for the first time in twenty two years today, and it was drat adorable how nervous the kitchen scene got her. She also wondered why the T-Rex was fighting it's baby at the end. She's not the brightest woman, but I love her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Had a good time watching the movie in 2D and 3D. Regardless of the quality of the film, my eight year old self has to know: How are the toys? I had Dino Riders and JP, kids these days need good dinosaur toys.

• Locked thread