Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

The only issue with the CGI is that it looks a little rough. I have to assume it isn't final. Not worried about that.

I just really hope those Chris Pratt lines play better in context. His performance just feels stiff and weird. He sounds like he might burst into tears when he says to evacuate the island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

oddium posted:

I hope Child Protagonist only got a ticket because it was Gennaro Memorial Coupon Day

This has to happen.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

I thought I remembered a couple additional seconds of the Rex chowing down on the flipped explorer.

I remember this. It's from this little kid book of the movie for Jurassic Park with pictures(at least that is where I remember it). There's some pictures of the t-rex chomping on the tire that don't appear to be in the film.

Also I swear I remember seeing some "making of" thing for JP where it shows the original storyboard for the explorer attack scene calls for a point where the t-rex drags the explorer down the road a ways. I've always assumed they just couldn't get that shot to work, cut it, and that explains why there is a huge drop off on the fence side instead of it being ground level.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Holy poo poo the transfer on the 3D blu ray. They need to stop putting out the 2011 transfer and push a 2D version of JP1 with the new color timing. It's funny that comments elsewhere complain that it's hollywood doing the "teal and orange" thing to the color when this is what the loving movie looked like in theaters(or as close to it as I've ever seen).

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Good grief.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

PriorMarcus posted:

The Dilophosaurus in the film is a young one, Nedry even reacts with relief that it isn't one of his 'bigger brothers.'

I always took him to mean "oh thank gently caress you're not one of the other bigger dinosaurs, you're not so bad".

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

I don't get why this debate over the feathers is even taking place. In the JP universe the dinos will never not look like they've looked since JP1(with minor variations like in JP3). It's just something they are not going to change as the look of the dinos are part of the branding of the series.

Like feather dinos or not, what does it have to do with the JP series? If anyone actually think it's a realistic idea that Universal would suddenly start using the feathered dinos in JP movies then I have a bridge to sell you.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Fried Chicken posted:

They've already varied the look of the dinosaurs between the films quite a bit. Including feathered headcrests.

I acknowledged that with the part in parenthesis in my post. JP3 is the only one to really do that, and for what its worth it has been said that Jurassic World totally ignores JP2 and 3.

Regardless adding a couple feathers to a headcrest while keeping the same basic look that runs through the other films is quite a bit different than going full on feathered dinos. It ain't happening.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Xenomrph posted:

Where was this said?

http://www.avclub.com/article/jurassic-world-will-ignore-what-happened-lost-worl-218753

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

I didn't see it because it was 3 hours long and looked boring, but wutev.

No offense but I feel like GBS would suit you better at this point. They got a good Mad Max thread going there for you to roll around in.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

New TV spot.
https://youtu.be/KVlNTpQjS7Y

Ok this just looks fun as hell.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Fried Chicken posted:

Spoiler heavy scene of the climax, get it while it's available (more buildup of the Release the Raptors shot from the trailers and some stuff after that)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=838665596216584&id=664078803675265&refsrc=http://t.co/4f7KYTJIIW&_rdr

So what was this exactly? Know where else I could see it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

Like when they are going on a tour of the labs the lawyer guy actually asks if the human lab technicians are robots or "auto erotica" as he puts it.

It's a hilarious moment of some dweeb idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about trying to sound like he does.

What is wrong with you?

• Locked thread