Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
..... Yes of the reaction.....

Dave will 100% do an episode involving someone cutting a/their own dick off. And I hope he does the same set up just to make Gary Gareth mad

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Dec 24, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, or if it was just me. It looks like Dave and Co might have changed the RSS feed they use for their show because I stopped getting updates on Google Podcast. I was subscribed to "The Dollop" but I had to change that to "The Dollop with Dave Anthony and Gareth Reynolds". I was confused because to me it looked like they hadn't put out an episode in like 3 weeks, then when I changed which show I was subscribed to all of a sudden I had 3 episodes to listen to.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

SalTheBard posted:

I had to change that to "The Dollop with Dave Anthony and Gareth Reynolds".

I think that’s the one I’ve always had subscribed

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Ohhh Yea Colin Powell episode. What a evil piece of poo poo.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Digital Jedi posted:

I know what I'm listening to at work tomorrow

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Digital Jedi posted:

I tweeted the guys, but I'll say it here.

The Colin Powell episode dredged up a lot of anger inside of me that I thought I was passed. I was deployed in 2003 and stayed up very late to watch the Colin Powell speech to the UN. There was like roughly 30 or so of us standing shoulder to shoulder to watching it. I was a young Airman, I was like 21. I held Colin Powell in very high esteem and I always viewed him very favorably (I was hoping he would run in 2000). After that speech we all agreed that we needed to go to war because if we didn't Saddam would give WMD's to Osama Bin Laden, he would gas the Kurds, his own people (or us since we were pretty close to Iraq at the time). Over the last 19 years as I've learned more about the loving outright lies he told to loving beat the drums of war I have grown to loving hate that man. The pain and suffering he helped to inflict on my friends, my brothers in arms, the Iraqi people, and the world is abhorrent. I never even know that Powell was involved with My Lai or Iran Contra. He's a loving piece of poo poo. When he died I didn't dance on his grave, but I wasn't sad either. The podcast was very cathartic to listen to, but goddamn did it dredge up some poo poo.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1450088798621155335

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed
The crossover is finally happening! Josh and Gary together at last!

Gareth is on the new West Wing Thing. I'm not even caught up with the Eddie Pepitone episode yet, but I can already hear that one in my head (lots of yelling about how bad and stupid things are, in the show and not).

To be honest, that works for most episodes of WWT. But Eddie Pepitone is on a different level ... of volume! :haw:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

My podcast app has now twice deleted my back episodes of the show. It's only doing this to The Dollop specifically. I have no clue what's causing it.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

FlamingLiberal posted:

My podcast app has now twice deleted my back episodes of the show. It's only doing this to The Dollop specifically. I have no clue what's causing it.

hmmmmm.......

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

FlamingLiberal posted:

The Deep State and/or Bezos.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

I stopped getting new episodes from The Dollop like at the beginning of December. I had to unsubscribe from The Dollop, and subscribe instead to The Dollop with Dave Anthony and Gareth Reynolds to get newer episodes. Kind of annoying

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

blunt for century posted:

I stopped getting new episodes from The Dollop like at the beginning of December. I had to unsubscribe from The Dollop, and subscribe instead to The Dollop with Dave Anthony and Gareth Reynolds to get newer episodes. Kind of annoying

Same thing happened to me!

SalTheBard posted:

I was subscribed to "The Dollop" but I had to change that to "The Dollop with Dave Anthony and Gareth Reynolds".

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Well this is a first. Got an random ad about 36 minutes into the newest episode.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Dave has finally had enough of people skipping over the beginning.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I’m good at skipping ads no matter where they are, so good luck Dave

Also I could barely believe Gareth didn’t catch on that they were talking about Brooks Brothers, I thought he must have got it right away.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Man, as someone who almost exclusively buys suits from Brooks Brothers because of the style and fit, I am really not looking forward to this episode....

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

swickles posted:

Man, as someone who almost exclusively buys suits from Brooks Brothers because of the style and fit, I am really not looking forward to this episode....

It won't have you screaming to cancel Brooks Brothers or whatever but it's an interesting look at their history.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

The Gettysburg movie would've had a different tone if the Union soldiers' uniforms disintegrated when they were doing the heroic bayonet charge.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
As someone who already loves episode that focuses broadly on a bizarre panic of trend and is also a librarian, I am taking particular joy in this week's episode

"gooey decimal system" is so horrible and so wonderful at the same time

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Re-listening to old episodes and just finished the phantom of the open, and I think this might be the funniest story they’ve done. Like even without the riffing it’s so dang bonkers.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

RandolphCarter posted:

Re-listening to old episodes and just finished the phantom of the open, and I think this might be the funniest story they’ve done. Like even without the riffing it’s so dang bonkers.

I was going to say that I'm stunned that Flitcroft's story hadn't been adapted for a movie yet - like a slightly higher-brow, period costume version of Happy Gilmore - but it looks like they did it.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

RandolphCarter posted:

That one, and The Rube are probably my all time favorites.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
This Benedict Arnold episode is really interesting. All I ever learned was "BENEDICT ARNOLD BAD" but nothing more. I think Gareth said it best "Pricks ruin everything"

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

gently caress yes please let it happen:

https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1494118918755024900?t=a7SD-Epgm8c4Yi5W967A4A&s=19

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I would assume it had already been discussed and agreed upon privately before he posted that, it would be kind of a dick move otherwise.

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
Dave mentioned a few times in recent months that they're working on something with Robert Evans so this must be it.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Also Gareth replied to the tweet, so yeah I am assuming its already recorded or will be shortly.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

:vince:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

It's gonna be fun hearing Robert Evans defend Kissinger for hours, for sure.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Lol Dave and Gareth are gonna be replaced by Snatchers.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Latest Dollop abruptly cuts off near the end (1:40:22 ish)and just is 5 minutes of silence.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Digital Jedi posted:

Latest Dollop abruptly cuts off near the end (1:40:22 ish)and just is 5 minutes of silence.

Huh. It actually has a quick fade which would make it seem intentional but then why have the silent bits. Maybe that was supposed to be a cross fade edit and the last section didn't get added. Dunno. I'd assume they'd reupload it but it does suck to listen through to almost the end and then...nothing.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

The Imp of Nipples posted:

Huh. It actually has a quick fade which would make it seem intentional but then why have the silent bits. Maybe that was supposed to be a cross fade edit and the last section didn't get added. Dunno. I'd assume they'd reupload it but it does suck to listen through to almost the end and then...nothing.

brb gonna tweet dave about it

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Previa_fun posted:

brb gonna tweet dave about it

They know about, and apparently fixed it? Maybe try reloading redownloading?

https://twitter.com/thedollop/status/1498769815942537217?cxt=HHwWgoCp9Z3N2cwpAAAA

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

They did, and if you need a reason to follow up

https://twitter.com/thedollop/status/1500186183095123968?t=nI_bx8HEkOjGCj2AHkrcbg&s=19

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed
The last five minutes of the Jack Parsons episode are so insane, and that's at the end of an already insane story.

"You know you have a story when page six is 'he hosed his mom.'"

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

MonsieurChoc posted:

It's gonna be fun hearing Robert Evans defend Kissinger for hours, for sure.

In a vocal fry as well.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

beats for junkies posted:

The last five minutes of the Jack Parsons episode are so insane, and that's at the end of an already insane story.

"You know you have a story when page six is 'he hosed his mom.'"

Pretty sure that part is not true. Dave mentions that he only found out about it that morning and there's only a single relatively sketchy source for it.

Everything else though is thoroughly documented. Probably my favorite episode to tell people to go in completely blind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/iwriteok/status/1502885617755066370?s=21