Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Sometimes Dollop episodes make me sad. Raefelle Minichiello did that for me too. Like poor loving guy has PTSD, earns $800 fighting in a war for 13 months, is subject to horrible racism, then he gets $200 stolen from him. It's no wonder he flipped the gently caress out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

MonsieurChoc posted:

God the latest West Wing Thing guest sucks rear end.

Edit: She just keeps defending loving Kamala jesus.
She is one of those optimists who didn't have her soul broken.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

Sometimes Dollop episodes make me sad. Raefelle Minichiello did that for me too. Like poor loving guy has PTSD, earns $800 fighting in a war for 13 months, is subject to horrible racism, then he gets $200 stolen from him. It's no wonder he flipped the gently caress out.

Maybe it says a lot about me and my mental state that I came out of that ep thinking "Man, finally a light-hearted story. Haven't heard one in months in this podcast!"

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Toplowtech posted:

She is one of those motherfucking idiots who who is a motherfucking idiot

sorry i had to cut her off when she said harris protects women of color better than anyone else "maybe not on her past record buuut"

How do you deserve to have anything you say taken seriously whatsoever when you think like that?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

SalTheBard posted:

I think the Leonard Peltier one is the saddest one because he's still in prison for poo poo he didn't do.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

seiferguy posted:

I think the Leonard Peltier one is the saddest one because he's still in prison for poo poo he didn't do.
Yes and the other people accused of the same crime had their cases dismissed

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Peltier is absolutely in there to serve as an example to people who defy the government in a way that makes them nervous

I agree the show can be really hard to listen to sometimes, it doesn't offer much hope. But Dave is a guy I really respect, and he and Gareth are great together. And I've learned a lot about US history through this show (I'm Canadian).

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Aug 19, 2020

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

SalTheBard posted:

Lol he has a YouTube channel

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

AceOfFlames posted:

Maybe it says a lot about me and my mental state that I came out of that ep thinking "Man, finally a light-hearted story. Haven't heard one in months in this podcast!"

Dude committed the chillest airjacking in history and became a folk hero, a good episode

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Unfinish3d posted:

Dude committed the chillest airjacking in history and became a folk hero, a good episode

D.B. Cooper was pretty chill too. I think they might be tied.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

seiferguy posted:

He's running for VP right now.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

He's running for VP right now.

was, he had to withdraw due to health concerns

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Alaois posted:

was, he had to withdraw due to health concerns

Aww gently caress.

Well, no reasons not to vote for Howie then.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Dollop did an episode way back in 2015 on Action Park

August 27th on HBO Max.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqg48h_uKYM

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Action Park was the first Dollop I listened to and still holds up really well.

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020
Got a recommendation to listen to the Dollop ep 419 on the Clarence Thomas hearings the other day. So far it delivers.

Joking about Thomas' weird sexual habits, Gareth Reynolds just said "Ever seen a woman gently caress a yak?" Pretty funny stuff so far.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Star Me Kitten posted:

Got a recommendation to listen to the Dollop ep 419 on the Clarence Thomas hearings the other day. So far it delivers.

Joking about Thomas' weird sexual habits, Gareth Reynolds just said "Ever seen a woman gently caress a yak?" Pretty funny stuff so far.

It essentially turns into a Joe Biden Dollop.

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020

The Ape of Naples posted:

It essentially turns into a Joe Biden Dollop.

Yeah, that's how it ended up getting recommended to me. A CSPAM poster mentioned it during the DNC last night.

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020
Jesus, listening to this episode sets my teeth on edge. I hate how abusers paint themselves as the victims and act like their victims have done them wrong. Quoting Clarence Thomas during the hearings: "I've never in all my life felt such hurt, such pain, such agony." Well maybe don't talk about your dick constantly to a woman who doesn't want to hear it? Just a thought. It is so twisted and sick. And these narcissists, they always get away with it. Quoting Gareth Reynolds: "This is what has to go.... That is what it is. It is the inability now to actually accept something as the way it is and admit fault. Rather you undercut victimization by victimizing yourself. And it works!"

Star Me Kitten fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Aug 21, 2020

Rapid 99
Jan 30, 2015

Hero will never give up,
never hide,
never be defeated,
never accept evil.
I had known about the "high-tech lynching" quote, but going through all the build up to it made it so much worse. gently caress Thomas and gently caress Biden.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

Digital Jedi posted:

Dollop did an episode way back in 2015 on Action Park

August 27th on HBO Max.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqg48h_uKYM

There was also that Johnny Knoxville movie from a couple years back

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Binowru posted:

There was also that Johnny Knoxville movie from a couple years back

Clearly Knoxville listened to the Dollop on Action Park and when Gareth called it “Jackass the Park” immediately went “Hmmm...”

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
This was really good too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flkW-ceNvck

Veskit fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Aug 23, 2020

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020
This is hilarious information that I am now going to mine the hell out of. Thanks!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Just finished listening to West Wing Thing and holy poo poo is it some aggravating stuff. It really is so stupid and with them just announcing its coming back for a special reading the reactions to it is mind boggling.

Now I'm moving onto Behind the Bastard. Only 270 hours to catch up on

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Digital Jedi posted:

Just finished listening to West Wing Thing and holy poo poo is it some aggravating stuff. It really is so stupid and with them just announcing its coming back for a special reading the reactions to it is mind boggling.

Now I'm moving onto Behind the Bastard. Only 270 hours to catch up on

Behind the Bastards broke me. I had to stop listening.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
There are episodes of BTB that I can't listen to. But goddamn Robert does such an amazing job researching.

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
BtB's soul-breaking capacity depends wildly on how contemporary Evans' subject is and how close to The Living C-Word-19 Nightmare That is Today the episode landed. LRB, Hitler's YA fanfiction obsession, and John Brinkley are batshit hilarious episodes, but the six-parter on the cops and Canada's residential schools have essentially left me insensate.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The ones they have been doing on Ben Shapiro’s lovely novel are great

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I think I tapped out at the baby murderer “doctor.”

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Rampant Dwickery posted:

LRH, Hitler's YA fanfiction obsession, John Brinkley and especially Steven Seagal are batshit hilarious episodes

FTFY

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.

You actually did, hahah - I could have SWORN I put Seagal in there as a highlight!

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

FlamingLiberal posted:

yeah, they're nice palate cleansers

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

They should do Bill O'Reilly 's fictional novel too

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I wonder if Bill still loves loofahs.

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020
I finally checked out that Action Park episode. Funny stuff, but it kind of fizzled in the end.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
I’ve just finished the John Brown trio. The letter at the end of episode three stopped me in my tracks.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm excited about this live online Dollop!

Rapid 99
Jan 30, 2015

Hero will never give up,
never hide,
never be defeated,
never accept evil.
The Ada Blackjack episode is one of the most upsetting ones in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
The live special has been great so far. Well worth the $20