Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I love that Tony fired the shotgun off after just to prove it was loaded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
The Hitler reveal in the last episode was as wonderful as I anticipated it.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

britishbornandbread posted:

The Hitler reveal in the last episode was as wonderful as I anticipated it.

Sometimes I wish there was a way not to have the episode names show up. That reveal would have been amazing had I not known the episode title.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

AFewBricksShy posted:

Sometimes I wish there was a way not to have the episode names show up. That reveal would have been amazing had I not known the episode title.

I usually think that but knowing what the Colonel Sanders episode was going to be and how long it took Gareth to figure it out was incredible.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Mr E posted:

I usually think that but knowing what the Colonel Sanders episode was going to be and how long it took Gareth to figure it out was incredible.
It was seriously almost halfway into the episode

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I just queued that episode up and just got to the reveal part. It was half way through and it was to totally worth the wait

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/reynoldsgareth/status/1207726944357216256

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
If any of you listened to the Matt Shea / Verum Bellator episode, theres been a pretty big development with that guy:

https://crosscut.com/2019/12/wa-rep-matt-shea-engaged-domestic-terrorism-helped-plan-malheur-standoff-investigation

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

seiferguy posted:

If any of you listened to the Matt Shea / Verum Bellator episode, theres been a pretty big development with that guy:

https://crosscut.com/2019/12/wa-rep-matt-shea-engaged-domestic-terrorism-helped-plan-malheur-standoff-investigation

didnt the GOP kick him out of the party and he is probably gonna lose his seat by getting kicked out.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Th Egg War has a solid 13 and a half minutes of runtime before the story starts. Is that a record for this show?

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Might be. Did Dave spend eight minutes doing a "Say you're a guy..." read?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

He doesn't even do talkspace ads anymore their wall of ads just seems to be growing. I prefer to think of it another way: they don't have ads break-up the show and put them all up front in a convenient location for you to fast forward through all of them at once. I appreciate that they do this.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Don’t they still have a Patreon?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

FlamingLiberal posted:

Don’t they still have a Patreon?

yes one of the ads was for their Patreon

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

If they still have one why are they also needing 10 mins of ads each episode

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

FlamingLiberal posted:

If they still have one why are they also needing 10 mins of ads each episode

I believe their Patrean feed is ad free.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I'm not mad they want to make money off their show that I enjoy. They jam all the ads together in one block that's easy to skip through, so it's fine.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Grand Fromage posted:

I'm not mad they want to make money off their show that I enjoy. They jam all the ads together in one block that's easy to skip through, so it's fine.

yeah i just mash the skip 30 sec button until it seems like the episode has started, then keep mashing when i realize it hasnt

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Are there any patreon subscribers that got the Richard Jewell episode?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

They do Patreon only episodes? I’ve gotten so good at skipping the beginning stuff I didn’t even know.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Snowy posted:

They do Patreon only episodes? I’ve gotten so good at skipping the beginning stuff I didn’t even know.

They put that one on patreon because the sound got really messed up to the point they didnt want to release it but a lot of people wanted it so they did a patreon only release.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

seiferguy posted:

Yes, and the sound is surprisingly not lovely. I guess they got someone to fix it because it sounds great.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
The Billy Hitler reveal was amazing.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
Leonard was a bummer. The moment he was native you knew it was coming then it came

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Adolphus Cooke is an all-time banger for me. Incredibly funny, weird and Irish. Everything I love in a Dollop episode.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Veskit posted:

Leonard was a bummer. The moment he was native you knew it was coming then it came

the only thing I ever heard about him depicted him as some kind of fraud, so this was eye opening

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

seiferguy posted:

I'm not a patreon subscriber and I could just listen to it, but I believe that episode is freely available to the public for anyone who wants to listen to it, you just have to listen to it via the patreon website. Here's a link for anyone who's interested:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/32584415

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Zeniel posted:

I'm not a patreon subscriber and I could just listen to it, but I believe that episode is freely available to the public for anyone who wants to listen to it, you just have to listen to it via the patreon website. Here's a link for anyone who's interested:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/32584415

Yeah I gave it a listen. Good one overall and probably does the story a lot better than that Clint Eastwood movie.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Adolphus Cooke is an all-time banger for me. Incredibly funny, weird and Irish. Everything I love in a Dollop episode.

Yeah definitely the hardest I've laughed at a dollop in a while

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

seiferguy posted:

Yeah I gave it a listen. Good one overall and probably does the story a lot better than that Clint Eastwood movie.
Well it can't be worse than his movie saying that a reporter who has since passed away was the kind of person who would sleep with people to get a story

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Rename the Cy Young award to Rube Waddell award

God drat was that an amazing episode

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Digital Jedi posted:

eh, a team once traded away Cy Young and they went from 81-68 to 20-134 in the next season and lost over a hundred road games

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

eh, a team once traded away Cy Young and they went from 81-68 to 20-134 in the next season and lost over a hundred road games
Good old Cleveland Spiders

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Digital Jedi posted:

FlamingLiberal posted:

Speaking of listen to every episode involving Cleveland including the balloons one AND especially 10 cent beer night

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

FlamingLiberal posted:

I wrote in once asking Dave to do it. I'd hope he would as it's a hilariously corrupt story

edit

if no one is familiar with it and likes old timey baseball stuff

basically the Cleveland Spiders were a National League team that started out in the old American Association (no relation to the American League) and transferred to the NL in the late 1880s

they had a pretty good team and finished second in 1895 and won the post-season playoff championship

in 1899, the owners of the Spiders bought the St. Louis Perfectos who had spent the last 2 years in last place in the National League and uh, operated both simutaneously. yes this was perfectly loving legal in the 1890s

the owners looked at the Spiders and the Perfectos and were like "hey if we trade and combine the best players from both rosters we'll have a super awesome team and leave a really lovely team"

so they traded all the best Spiders players to the Perfectos because gently caress Cleveland they could make more money in St Louis, and let the farce that was the 1899 Cleveland Spiders

the Spiders set the low watermark for just about every major league record, with the asterisk that this was technically before the modern major league agreement and world series era, so the Mets/Marlins still get some more shame

they could barely draw more than 200 fans to their home games, which led to all of their opponents refusing to travel to Cleveland because they would lose money on the trip due to the poor gates

this is why they are the only major league team to not only lose more than 130 games, they lost more than 100 games on the loving road because they were forced to give up homes games (a major league season today has 81 away games)

after 1899 the Spiders were formally folded and left no major league baseball in the city of Cleveland

this with a few other teams being kicked out of the National League left a whole bunch of cities with no one to root for. Shortly after they immediately went crazy when the Western League expanded into their cities.

a year later the Western League renamed itself the American League and then things got reallllllllllly interesting but thats another topic

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jan 5, 2020

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I haven't listened to a new episode in a while so I checked to see what was up and the next episode is Leonard Peltier :( I know that one's going to be a bummer. I wish they had a feed of just the good time episodes.

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

The episode description using the phrase "not normal" for the subject already raised the stakes, but I was not prepared for this dude.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I was very concerned about Gusty.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Why can’t I find the dollop on the sea monkey guy, Harold braunhut? I’ve searched for Harold, sea, monkey, braunhut...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Behind the Bastards did one on him but it doesn't look like The Dollop ever did. At least to my googling ability.