Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Can't wait to hear the Chapo Trap House guys as guests. I wonder if Dave will be doing a story with a more political bent?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Which episode first mentions Cleveland rivers being set on fire? After the Garrett Morgan episode and relistening to Balloonfest episode, I need to know more about this apparently lovely city.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

prefect posted:

Was that the same guy who was super-Christian and also opened a great big diner (or maybe it was a soup kitchen)?

Clifton's Cafeteria, which is an awesome restaurant in Los Angeles. I mean, honestly, look at this place. This was Part 2 of the LAPD series, by the way.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I hope they get John C. Reilly to play the Rube.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I remember someone in this thread (or maybe the Comedy Podcast megathread) recommending I start with The Rube and buddy they weren't kidding.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

prefect posted:

I think there was something with a tax deduction that made it so that doing a show there cost less money than just sitting at home and drinking a beer that night.

Since they're doing a comedy show there, they can write it off as a business expense.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

They need to have the Chapo guys on more. "What an ironic end for you, Officer Head-Attached-To-Body" is one of my favorite jokes

Agreed, though being on opposite sides of the country will probably make that pretty difficult. Regardless, Chapo Trap House is quickly becoming one of my favorite podcasts.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

The new Dollop theme song should just be the entire Uber episode every time. ‬

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

If anyone wants to hear Dave Anthony lead a very depressing and scary discussion about climate change, check him out on the Left Coast podcast.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/e004-remember-bears-climate-change-part-1-w-dave-anthony/id1248040969?i=1000389616990&mt=2

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

So, I didn't realize our current opioid crisis could pretty much be traced back to one horrendous company. Now I don't know who's worse, Purdue or Uber. Goddamn.

Also, any other LA fans planning on going to the show on July 16th that Gareth mentioned?

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

You guys should at least check out how Dave does the Talk Space ads. I mean, I hate podcast ads as much as the next guy, but they're really funny

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

There's still like ten minutes of them

I skip when they do their stand-up dates :ohdear:

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Jack Parsons TV show coming to CBS:

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/08/david-lowery-strange-angel-tv-show-cbs-all-access-jack-parsons-1201862649/

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Wonder what this is about...

https://www.facebook.com/thedollop/posts/1489259134499268

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Piquai Souban posted:

This thread recommended Last Podcast On the Left as a deeply dark version of the The Dollop many many pages back, and I finally took the recommendation - fun trip, but probably not for everyone. Any other favourite Dollopalikes? Learning combined with funny is most of what I'm looking for.

The Dollop remains first in my heart.

I haven't actually listened to it but My Favorite Murder gets talked up a lot. The two hosts guested on the Dollop once (the Bat Boy live episode) and it's highly recommended by just about everyone.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Seconding The Rube, Jet Pack Madness, and Animal Horror of Macquarie Island. All absolutely mindblowing and endlessly relistenable.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Maybe I'm just jaded after so many Dollops, maybe it was too long, maybe I'm just tired of hearing about Trump, but I was a little...underwhelmed? I thought the Uber episode was a much better "crazy bullshit going on right now" episode.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I’m glad that the Trump double episode did not end the “Say you’re a guy...” running gag

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

The live episode with My Favorite Murder is good.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I'm going through the archives, and I just noticed Episode 63 is missing. Anyone know what episode that was/why it's gone?

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Some interesting news about Uber today.

BuzzFeed posted:

Uber Accused Of Espionage, Bribery, Hacking, And More In Bombshell Letter

A former Uber employee accused the company of corporate espionage, unlawful surveillance, illegal wiretapping, bribery of foreign officials, and illicit hacking.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanmac/ric-jacobs-uber-letter-allegations-waymo?utm_term=.uypWqOr49#.fkzKpqBEM

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

See also Mashers and Hatpins, in which we learn women used to stab catcallers with the giant spikes that were holding dead birds in place on their heads.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Rhesus Pieces posted:

More Dave and Gareth examining hosed up racist 1930s cartoons please

"So this potato is Irish?"

*potato gets handed a beer"

"Oh, he is Irish for sure."

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

If there's one thing I've learned from the Dollop (and these cartoons) it's that alcohol has really been the engine of history.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Unfinish3d posted:

Been really into this podcast recently, after being recommended the episodes on Trump and the Iraq war, which are still some of my favorites. Are there any more episodes on recent political history stuff?

There are episodes on Ferguson, Ross Perot, Enron, and Uber (not really political, but still great) you can check out.

vvvvv edit: Forgot about Jade Helm. That's a great one.

Binowru fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Feb 19, 2018

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Quixotic1 posted:

Where's my animated dollop tv series with Dave as Mr.Peabody and Gary as Sherman.

Or a quantum leap type show of going to a different time period each episode and wishing to get out after seeing the crazy.

I think a "Drunk History" type of show with Dave and Gareth as narrators and actors dramatizing the story would be great. They could even get Jack Black to play the Rube.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Saw someone on Facebook post this. Apparently "Jane O'Brien" is still out there.

EDIT: It was a bit. Leaving this up as a monument to my extreme gullibility.

Binowru fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Mar 7, 2018

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Honestly I can’t blame him. I would have even less tolerance for people’s poo poo than he has.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Heads up: The Netflix documentary series "Wild Wild Country" covers Acharya Rajneesh from Episode 22 (the Indian sex cult that tried to poison people with salmonella and bussed in homeless people to sway elections). Haven't watched it yet but heard good reviews.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Also the best live episode in a long time, maybe ever.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Dimebags Brain posted:

A visual aid so that people realize exactly what was being driven and just how hellish the journey must have been:

God. Imagine driving that through Siberia in the middle of winter. It's miraculous no one died.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

Which are the best hat episodes.

184 The Brooklyn Bridge Crushing
213 Mashers and Hatpins

I know there’s more but that’s all I can remember off the top of my head.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

The Rube!!!

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

We really need a “most recommended episodes” list in the OP. Ones I see come up most often:

The Rube
Michael Molloy
Jet Pack Madness
All the baseball ones

I’ll also throw in a rec for the recent live ep with James Adomian for being thoroughly entertaining from the get-go.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Also shoutout to 287 - The Caning of Sumner for the best Gareth moment of all time.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

If anyone still needs the episode, I put it up on Google Drive :ssh:

https://goo.gl/qenAqB

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Just found a great video about Balloonfest, which uses actual news footage from the event:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0CT8zrw6lw

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

abraham linksys posted:

I'm like 8 episodes behind. Are any of them good or should I just listen to the car race for a 6th time

If you're a resident of California I would recommend Feinstein and the Flag but otherwise you do you.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I don't care when Dave mispronounces things, but, it does strike me as odd just how much Dave doesn't bother to look up pronunciations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Why is there a seal in his suitcase :confused: