Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

I like how they lose Patreon money every time they mention it! lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Probably late to the party, but what's this with a planned Patton Oswald collab falling apart? I haven't listened to the recordings they already did, so can't say if the chemistry was bad to begin with.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

Trabandiumium posted:

He just had schedule issues I think. One of my favorite eps is the cereal one and that has Patton Oswalt.

Man the volume is all over the place on this one. There's mumbling and screaming, manipulating the volume slider became a mini game. Wish they'd use a compressor before uploading volatile live stuff like that.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

I listened to the first ever* Dollop yesterday, and it's about Cliven Bundy, father of the guy who's leading the Oregon occupation. Cliven had a similar confrontation over farmland in Nevada two years ago. Interesting stuff, some crazy poo poo most americans are probably familiar with already, like the Oath Keepers.

e: Dave talks about three episodes he did by himself, but they are not part of the RSS feed.

mike12345 fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Jan 21, 2016

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

There's some Twitter blow-up over homophobic slurs. I don't know, haven't listened to it yet. But Dave Anthony really needs to grow some skin or plain ignore social media.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

lol seems like hillary supporters drove dave off of twitter rip

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

I don't know, it's like he just discovered people post poo poo on Twitter/social media. I'm guessing he currently has more exposure than ever before in his life, and finds it hard to deal with the repercussions of that.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

The one about the australian survivalist was a total mindfuck. I went like what WHAT? every five minutes.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

I'm guessing the audio quality won't get better, not listening to this crap. Why even bother uploading this.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

seriously it sounds like a mic in the back of the room. I realise the guys are funny, but come on.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

Previa_fun posted:

Dope Lake was an amusing episode. I completely thought it was going to go in a different direction at the start though.

I thought the pilot was going to somehow survive the crash and the story would be about him trying to recover his cargo. It ended up crazier than I could have hoped though.

lol, same. I thought maybe he'll terrorize the park as a yeti/bigfoot or something.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

Fo3 posted:

I was confused as hell, thinking it was a repeat.
I've already heard of the story, but I must have read it rather than heard a podcast about it. Could have been a longform article about it linked in PYF that I read before so I knew what was going to happen.
Giving a quick google search now to find the story I found there's a movie about it, and a book on "dirtbags" that mentions it - apparently ever since the end of ww2 Yosemite has been full of a counterculture population of climbers and campers called "dirtbags".
But I think this is the longform article I read last year about the plane crash and the pot : http://www.mensjournal.com/features/articles/the-legend-of-yosemites-dope-lake-w209503

What movie? Do you mean Valley Uprising?

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

man that transportation episode was bad. all over the place, no direction wtf I switched it off.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

yep

no clue where it's from

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

btw if anyone's looking to take a break from the dollop, check out Last Podcast on the Left. it's even worse with jokes about dead people, but now's the scary month so a good time to check it out imo.

oh yeah it's like dollop but only murder-mystery type stories.

the one dude even sounds like gary

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

I thought comedians get heckled on the reg, how can he be such a little bitch

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

maybe suck a dick before the show

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

I've thought about starting a Last Podcast network thread, but I'm not sure there'd be enough interest to keep it going.

Maybe a general thread about mystery & true crime shows

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

inthesto posted:

Do Go On is an Australian podcast with a format fairly similar to The Dollop's. The main difference is that they don't focus on historical horror stories and will do a story on just about whatever.

Maybe we should make a thread called "Idiots talking about history", if this is a popular format. I mean just looking at the dollop and lpotl, there's probably a lot of listener overlap anyways.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

Veskit posted:

Dave is the type of guy who will call out whoever for loving it up because... it's Dave. I really doubt a more level headed podcaster would really call out a person or a club or whatever.

don't you dare question him, he's been doing this for 20 years

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

what? dave looks fat and old.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

the audio quality on the william buckley show is so dogshit I've now decided to limit and compress every live dollop with audacity first. why "I've been doing this for 20 years" anthony can't do this, is beyond me. my car speaker nearly popped when one of them exhaled into the mic, because I had to max it to understand them.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

AceOfFlames posted:

The Behind the Bastards ep on him pretty much had him covered IMHO.

Just listened to this. I thought he was a quirky funny libertarian guy, who does drugs. Ah well.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

I liked Behind the Bastards deep dive into Elron Hubbard's life, he from Scientology. There are five episodes total, three from last year, and now two about his final days/decade/whatever.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

thotsky posted:

I hope people are complaining to Dave on Twitter.

doubt it, he got banned

also, what a stupid idea

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

Veskit posted:

Leonard was a bummer. The moment he was native you knew it was coming then it came

the only thing I ever heard about him depicted him as some kind of fraud, so this was eye opening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

I think both fail to mention that his self-immolation in the end was actually part of a ritual to summon a specific goddess. Maybe he succeeded, who knows...

e: I first heard about him reading Apocalypse Culture by Adam Parfrey, just mentioning it in case someone is looking for appropriate reading material during these times.

mike12345 fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Apr 14, 2020