Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

TheFallenEvincar posted:

RIP, Governor Lynch. RIP O.G. Macaulay Culkin

I was waiting for Dave to reveal that Jackie Coogan would go on to be Uncle Fester, but it never came. Gary's response to that fact would have been gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I'd love to see them cover Stetson Kennedy & Superman vs. the KKK, but I wonder if that story might be too well known (ie Gary actually knows it). I know This American Life carried the story, for one thing.

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Feb 19, 2016

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Well, there's a few episodes about stuff I thought everyone knew, but then Gary didn't and I realized they probably weren't widely known outside of particular circles. Even then, there's stories like Ten Cent Beer Night that he's sort of aware of but he doesn't know the details. I think there's good odds they could do something with it.

I actually only know about that one from Drunk History, but considering how shocked Gary was by the story about the Kelloggs I don't think he watches that show.

Well, I'll submit it as an idea...if I can figure out where. Like seriously, I've googled and I still not sure where to send ideas (outside of twitter, and I'm not a tweetman).

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I thought the title of the latest episode was a typo at first. How wrong I was. :stonk:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

What episode is it that has those guys they were talking about Captain Hammer being in prison with, the ones with a laser?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

DemonTrigger posted:

I just started listening to this podcast after being linked to it from somewhere. I've been going from the newest one back, but that one about the FedEx Fight. :stonk: Otherwise it has been great so far and I do like the way the hosts drop into a sort of routine at times.

Fixed that for you.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Just think, if Edison's batteries hadn't been garbage (and they'd not struck oil in Texas) we might have had electric cars before WWI!

Illinois Smith posted:

How was there never a Mad Men episode about this? Harry Crane so would've been in that crowd.

I guess they figured people wouldn't believe it was real. Also I'm not sure they could find enough extras.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

If I had the time, I''d love to do a writeup on the various comic book men, specifically Bob Kane being the greatest supervillain in Batman history, among other things.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Lord Hydronium posted:

I'm just picturing the reaction to Kane's tombstone. It would be glorious. :allears:

For those who haven't seen it:

I would absolutely work in Jim Steranko too, since him smacking Kane in the face is a glorious moment of cathartic justice. Plus you know Gary would love the guy, from being an actual escapologist (and inspiration for Mr. Miracle), to threatening to throw an editor out a window if he got stiffed on a paycheque, to inventing the 4-page spread and the manliest page in Marvel history.

Dr.Radical posted:

No I meant why did the insurance salesman guy mention Mussolini if it was clearly a protection racket thing.

Clearly Mussolini was the fall guy. LEAVE MUSSOLINI ALONE! :italy:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

But when is the next series of the Cofishionner?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

It sucks that the Republicans are taking away Dave's health insurance.

Presumably this means no more Australia tours if he has to get a job for the health insurance. Which is a shame, since I just learnt of what would be a fantastic story for that.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Elitist Bitch posted:

This new episode is a real loving doozy.

I've not listened yet, but that title means I'm eagerly anticipating it.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

JethroMcB posted:

"A bunch of tangents" here meaning "Rube chasing dogs he saw."

And the firetrucks, don't forget the firetrucks.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Well. What the heck, Iceland?!

I like how they kept coming back to Necropants.

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Mar 24, 2017

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Previa_fun posted:

When Dave brought up the newspaper coverage of the Challenge's arrival (10 people died! But this ship is fuckin' sweeeet!) all I could think about was the autistic reporter from The Onion.

http://www.theonion.com/video/autistic-reporter-train-thankfully-unharmed-in-cra-20098
I wonder if boatwatching was trainspotting before there were trains to spot.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Grand Fromage posted:

If we've learned anything from the Dollop it's the unknown history of hats.

Firstscion posted:

Hats are serious loving business.
I like how GaryGarthie gets increasingly frustrated every time hats come up.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

023 - The Willie Dee is a classic.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

RandomPauI posted:

I think that's the only dollop with a reasonably happy ending, not counting reverse dollops.

What about the guy who Babe Ruthed a bolt of lightning? That was a happy ending...well, at least its what he wanted.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

InequalityGodzilla posted:

I think “The mailman then went door to door, speaking like a racist Paul Revere” might just be my favorite bit of mental imagery ever featured on the Dollop.

I know they just changed the intro, but this needs to be in the next one.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

MonsieurChoc posted:

One day they'll do Canada.

One day...

They already did the Pig War & the Fenian Raids, didn't they?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

thotsky posted:

Why wouldn't you call lovely nerds nerds? They usually deserve it. Someone saying theyre into block chain is like a legitimate red flag.

Also Tesla. It's frigging cultlike.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

head58 posted:

Bird Week on the Dollop is strong.

Yeah, I listened to Cyril followed by the Falcon and it was an excellent double feature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Offler posted:

The latest Past Times is absolutely buck wild! It's from Minneapolis in 1970 and so far they have reported on a (possibly Italian) study where they gave 40 male rats a new drug that made them super horny, someone then - for reasons that remain unexplained in the article - gave a woman that was treated for intestinal cancer the same drug and she reportedly became so horny that "she started chasing everybody" until they let her husband sleep over at the hospital.
Don’t forget the fact a bunch of microwaves were found to be leaking, which was apparently considered just a footnote by the editors.

Mr Phillby posted:

LEAVE THE MOON ALONE

The 180 degrees Gary took on that letter was perfect.